[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why people don't give a fuck about Anime.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

One single little country living in a damn island produces like 100 animated works per year and seems like no one in the world gives two fucks about it.

The plots are deeper than you average -any other countries- shit, they actually have some kind of depth put into them and yet no one doesn't seem to want to recognize it.

What is the problem with the world? can't they use there are little yellow person who work their asses off everyday to actually bring a massive amount of entertainment to the people?

When will they learn?

Right now, anime songs on youtube, get around 1 - 30 million of views, you do the math, if it weren't for copyright money loving sluts that some companies conrolling the media are, the anison market would explode outside Japan.

Japan is so fucking underrated, i can't wait for the day it goes all out in popularity just like video games did, just give it time, normalfags are still light years before us, so just be patient until they catch up.

Is not our fault that the world most dominant species are the fucking normalfags, one day they will learn, give it two more attack on titan tier series and one more SAO and a miracle may happen.
>>
Please leave.
>>
>>151114311
>i can't wait for the day it goes all out in popularity just like video games did, just give it time,

Id rather not have a bunch youtube e-celeb animals talking about a bunch of none sense they don't have a clue about. Oh wait who am I kidding it's already happened.
>>
>>151114311
Nice blog. Liked and Subscribed.
>>
>>151114373
It didn't happen yet, while every video game is talked about (even unpopular or obscure), no one talks about all the anime there is, only popular ones.
>>
>>151114493

"Man us gaymerrrs" already happened and so has "man us weeebs"
>>
>>151114311
Is this pasta?

If you think anime is the epitome of art and story-telling you're delusional, like any style most of it is trash
>>
>>151114555
>If you think anime is the epitome of art
I don't think anything like that, but id Disney the epitome of art? neither, yet people praise Disney with its stupid ass plots while Anime is just left behind as trash, just like you did, are you brainwashed?
>>
>produces like 100 animated works per year
It's closer to 500.
>>
>>151114694
More reasons to ask, what the fuck is happening in the world.
>>
File: _MG_2574-1.jpg (809KB, 750x953px) Image search: [Google]
_MG_2574-1.jpg
809KB, 750x953px
>>151114311
Because all over the world people grow up with a notion that cartoons are made for children. That's it.
Adults are not supposed to enjoy them.
Also, most anime is so different from usual western media, that you have a cultural barrier here as well. Normalfags are afraid of something that is so different from the stuff they usually watch.
>>
>>151114415
>>
File: 32541-1785-5547.gif (1MB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
32541-1785-5547.gif
1MB, 600x337px
>>151114311
>The plots are deeper than you average -any other countries- shit

Do you honestly believe the bullshit you're saying?
>>
>>151115995
>Because all over the world people grow up with a notion that cartoons are made for children. That's it.
>Adults are not supposed to enjoy them.
I find it very funny that all the really old stories (rapunzel, sleeping beauty etc.) what many shows and books are based on were actually meant for adults to enjoy.
>>
>>151118396
Yeah the big bang theory is deeper than evangelion right?
>>
Your reason is 'Post war anti-japanese propaganda' on an international level.
Everything japanese is weird or evil, praising Japan is just unthinkable. I know I've been raised that way and it's a fucking shame.
Saying you like anime means you like something Japanese, it's the first problem before even the one of liking 'kiddie cartoons'.
It's not that people don't give a fuck about anime, it's that they can't even take interest in it. The people who did go against the current and are also considered as weird for that reason. But I'd say they are the ones who have the courage of their convictions.

My reason for having decided that I had the right to like what I like, was what my Navy Veteran told me one day about the Japanese: "They were people like us, trying to survive'
I'm still grateful that he didn't teach me hate of people I don't know. Contrary to my mother every time she spoke about the Arabs for example.
>>
>>151118717
Because Stella no Mahou is deep than Fargo, right?
>>
>>151118778
*Navy Veteran GrandPa
>>
File: dsc_8667.jpg (2MB, 3079x2222px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_8667.jpg
2MB, 3079x2222px
>>151118802
>>151118717

It's all shit really
>>
>>151118396
It's obvious. Anime is a media like another, animating stories people created is the same everywhere. The stories being created by Japanese people don't mean nothing.
>>
>>151118869
Not even the best Tolstoy book, let alone the best russian doorstopper.
>>
>>151114373
Why should you limit a media's recognition only because of the fans? That's so retarded.
>>
>>151114311
nice pasta
>>
>>151118916

War&Peace is great the anglo adaptions and translations are shit. They don't get the slavic mindset.
>>
It'll heal with time. The internet was just the first step but eventually most people will come to accept it as just another medium of entertainment. Maybe 50 or even 100 years more but it'll happen if the industry doesn't collapse by then.
>>
>>151118998
But I'm russian.
>>
File: teehee.jpg (71KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
teehee.jpg
71KB, 736x414px
>>151114311
>plots are deeper
>>
>>151114493
>Find youtuber who watches 80% of the shows in a season
>Loves Keijo and thinks it should be more popular
>None of their videos are actually about anime
>its 100% /pol/ wokeness videos.
>hates sjws, loves waifus

he's probably ourguy.
>>
>>151114311

Hollywood revenue in 2015 was 38 billion $.

Anime industry revenue in 2015 was 18 billion $.

A small island country produces animated works with a revenue equal to half of Hollywood's worldwide revenue.

Think about that for a second.
>>
>>151119101
Woah and here I thought the yanks were consumerist whores.

Jesus two nuclear bombs were not enough
>>
>>151118717
Retard logic spotted
>>
>>151119101
my god why are japs so good at drawing pussy.
>>
In France Anime was mass bought, half butchered and hastily dubbed to fill programs for children because France can't animate for shit.
Shows like Candy Candy and Hokuto no Ken were aired at the same time without any fucks given for the youngest kids watching people explode just after they watched a little orphan girl get bullied episode long.
There was strictly no research done about the way the Japanese treated and viewed their own productions, and I guess nobody even now knows a lot of anime are aired in the fucking middle of the night.
The saddest part of the story is that (as always), it's only the Japanese who got blamed for the tons of claims by furious parents. Not the French who had been irresponsible, greedy bastards from the beginning.
A lot of countries made exactly the same mistakes, and it also tells a lot about just how stupid they think their kids are.
At the end, it's always the Japanese blamed for making anime nobody was even forced to buy to begin with.
It's like Japan is the exception. It always have to be their fault.
>>
Don't know about you burgers, but in Toronto, slap "from Japan" on anything and it sells. There's even a pretty busy maid cafe here. I do realize that most of the world sees us as degenerates though.
>>
>OP wants to globalize anime forcing it to be as watered down and culturally mixed
>>
>>151119461
Is that maid cafe worth going to?
>>
>>151119679
No.
>>
>>151119417
Candy Candy and Hokuto no Ken were made for children.
Late night anime only really started to become a thing in the 00's before that anime for adults were released as OVA series.
>>
>>151119338
They've been drawing pussies since before you were born.
>>
>>151119679

>>151119728 is also the answer to "is ANY maid cafe worth going to?"
>>
>>151119461
Yeah, Canada is pretty god-tier to be a weeb. Lots of my white friends watch anime and are pretty normalfag. Heck, I was talking about R3 with people in my Fluids FB group chat yesterday.
>>
>>151114311
Anime isn't even the most popular medium in Japan anon, it's manga.
>>
>>151114311
>i can't wait for the day it goes all out in popularity just like video games did
I hope this is bait.
>>
anime has had an influence on many things already over the years. Many people have grown up watching anime and japanese culture. Mainstream is a very hard thing to break thru due to the culture and language barrier. No amount of dubbing can surmount the cultural divide.
>>
This thread couldnt be more cancerous if it tried.
>>
>>151120038
Weird I thought canada was SJW heaven, how can they like anime?
>>
>>151114311
Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels. Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the “loser,” and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round. I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world. Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment. When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3×5 card reading, “Please use this M&M for breeding purposes.” This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this “grant money.” I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion. There can be only one.
>>
>>151120662
you could add memes
>>
>>151118802
Do you understand the meaning of deep? Fargo didn't have a shred of subtext. No western tv shows do. Even the most acclaimed shows don't trust their audience to infer anything ever.
>>
>>151118778
Not sure what kind of hick piss hole you grew up in but you're the minority
>>
Anime already has a surprising amount of popularity in the West for Eastern media, which doesn't generally take off over here. Nothing really compares aside from K-dramas.
>>
>>151120777
I live in Montreal, so it might be different in other cities. But I literally don't know any stereotypical SJW's in the few hundred of acquaintances I have. Imo SJW's is a mostly internet phenomenon that get an overblown amount of attention in the news because they're loud and obnoxious. In reality, they're a non-factor.

Also, the anime club of my university is one of the rare places where you can find fat, pink-haired honest-to-god SJWs, so I'm not sure why you think one goes against the other.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.