[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you think Shinji is a pussy for not piloting the EVA's,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: 0134345874.png (262KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
0134345874.png
262KB, 500x375px
If you think Shinji is a pussy for not piloting the EVA's, you literally haven't watched the show and are just jumping on a meme bandwagon that you never picked up was ironic.
>>
Empathy isn't universal. Eva is kind of like a voight-kampf, in that regard.
>>
>>151105595
ok
>>
>>151105595
Anyone who called him a pussy and watched past the scene where they deploy him directly into Ramiel's beam is either retarded or memeing.

And he always got in the robot in the end anyways. One of the core theme of Eva is about not running away from your problems because that just makes things worse.
>>
>>151107129
Even when Shinji faced his problems shit got worse regardless
>>
File: heroes.jpg (1020KB, 2616x2626px) Image search: [Google]
heroes.jpg
1020KB, 2616x2626px
He just can't be called a pussy after EoE
He's offered the world without pain, but he rejects it and chooses reality that nearly always brought him pain and rejection
Considering the circumstances, this was the bravest thing I've ever seen. He just knows that his life might be full of horrible things (and it was full of horrible things) but he doesn't give a shit and thinks it's worth it
Shinji is truly the only grown up in Eva by the end
Well, maybe Asuka too
>>
>>151105595
he´s a pussy.
>>
>>151107129
Shinji's a pussy not because he doesn't get into the robot or gets into the robot. He's a pussy because he's afraid of being disliked by people and so he does everything they say. He gets into the damn robot not because he feels like it's a right thing to do or he wants it, he pilots because he thinks nobody will love him if he doesn't and he's afraid of that.
>>
>>151107303
Can't really fight against the cyborg illuminatis' keikaku, unfortunately.
>>
File: 1473392695928.png (292KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473392695928.png
292KB, 640x480px
At this point hasn't /a/ discussed every possbile part of Evangelion? Can we just make a rule that Evangelion threads aren't allowed anymore.
>>
>>151107397
that's years of psychological abuse that persists even as the show goes on. he's not a pussy because he wants to be accepted, he's 14.

people hate this because they relate with shinji in the same way asuka does: he's everything we hate about our adolescence personified. and you can't blame him for that shit.
>>
>>151107397
He's borderline autistic after witnessing his mother get absorbed into a giant cyborg and promptly being discarded by his father. Rejecting people after his experiences doesn't make him a pussy, he's just mentally ill. He's convinced himself that he's worthless and the whole series is about his struggle to find meaning and be able to reach out to people.
>>
>>151107577
> convinced himself that he's worthless
Well that' what I would call a pussy person. I guess it's not a strict term so different people use it differently.
>>
>>151107577
this is basically the gist of it, but he's autistic in the way that most of us grow out of. but because he was in the right time and the right place, he gave into that urge we all held at that age and destroyed all of humanity to get back at them for how much we can't stand ourselves.
>>
>>151107577
>and the whole series is about his struggle to find meaning and be able to reach out to people
What a dumb premise for an anime
>>
>>151107824
i think the whole "instrumentality" concept might have flown over your head a bit
>>
>>151107485
We can resolve this by bringing current affairs into Eva discussion threads. That way the discussions will be evergreen.

>Analyze the parallels between Evangelion and the 2016 US elections.
>>
>>151107926
Or the concepts of drama, psychology, and philosphy for that matter. He's probably memeing, you'd have to either be underage or live a very sheltered life to not understand Eva's premise, themes, and why they're important.
>>
>>151107485
Evangelion is the only anime worth watching and discussing.
>>
>>151108029
> live a very sheltered life to not understand Eva's premise
It's the other way around I would say. A well-adjusted normie wouldn't get it and just write the characters off as being "crazy". A person with their own issues, resolved or not, is much more likely to sympathise with the characters
>>
File: tumblr_o8gs4n9LPa1vr0jawo1_500.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8gs4n9LPa1vr0jawo1_500.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>151108076
>08076▶
>>>151107485
>Evangelion is the only anime worth watching and discussing.
This.
>>
>>151105595
>Shinji
Cries about it even though he doesn't lose anything, too beta to make a move on his harem, hated by everyone in universe

>Badass manly protagonist
Gets in the robot, sacrifices everything even his own humanity in order to protect what he cares about, never backs down no matter how bad things get, literally gets married to a girl and has a son, is basically the George Washington of space
>>
>>151108029
You're reading too much into it. If you aren't a child and are into psychology and philosophy you wouldn't need a giant robot anime to explain that shit to you.
>>
>>151108026
trump is lilith and kek is instrumentality.

eva was our pepe.
>>
>>151107485
Yeah it's not like /a/ is continuously getting new posters who are just getting into anime or have just watched Eva for the first time.
>>
>>151108420
That's the best reason to ban all further Eva discussion
>>
>>151108468
>/a/ is my super secret club and I can't stand newfags even though I was once a newfag myself
>>
>>151107363
this picture happens AFTER EoE right?
>>
>>151108583
newfags should lurk more
>>
>>151108233
>Shinji is the electorate

Great, we got the TV ending

Congratulations.
>>
>>151108663
supposedly, yes
>>
>>151105595
If you think your post means anything, you're a faggot on the internet who is hungry for the attention that mommy and daddy don't give him.
>>
File: 1459985742754.jpg (22KB, 283x226px) Image search: [Google]
1459985742754.jpg
22KB, 283x226px
>>151105595
>muh realistic depiction of a teenager
Fuck off, Shinji, and by extension all the other characters bogged Eva down with their issues, and turned a promising show into a wangstfest.
>>
>>151108230
If it was just about sex and god no one would watch it. Sometimes you need to get into the robot, anon.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.