[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Without any prior knowledge, can you tell if a show is a LN adaptation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1454587881412.png (781KB, 1417x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454587881412.png
781KB, 1417x1080px
Without any prior knowledge, can you tell if a show is a LN adaptation or not just by watching the first episode?
>>
You probably can with at least 60% accuracy.
>>
LN adaptions tend to drop a lot of explanations through dialogue alone, originals will have an example play out for you while a manga will have notes and text boxes.
>>
If I dislike the first episode, but enjoy the rest, then it's usually a manga adaptation.
>>
File: 1468879591486.jpg (1MB, 2645x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1468879591486.jpg
1MB, 2645x1090px
>>151096233

ReLIFE was obviously a manga adaptation because of that last point.
>>
How do you distinguish between manga and LN adaption? Or VN and LN adaption? Or novels that are exactly like LNs but not labeled as such vs LN adaptions?
>>
>>151096061
You can usually tell just by design. LN adaptations almost always have over designed moegirls. The biggest exceptions are Kyoani adaptations, but they're pulling from a different pool of the usual LN fare anyway.
>>
>>151096061
Can tell WN adoptation 100% of time, LNs though are bit tricky, but chances of identification are pretty high.

For example i doubt /a/nons unfamiliar with it would immidiately be able to tell that Toradora and Haruhi are LNs (well, Haruhi is easier because of much narration).

Another example would be: Seitokai Yakuindomo is manga, Seitokay no Ichizon is LN, Best Student Council is manga etc.

Gj-bu for example is... 4 panel light novel.
>>
>>151096676
ReLIFE is webtoon adaptation
>>
>>151096061
I can most of the time because some LN are pretty easy to spot, things like Haruhi or Spice and Wolf because lots more dialogues than usual, but you take shit like Mahou Ikusei this season, I thought it was a manga adaptation at first, I hated it less when I thought that.
>>
>>151096061
>Watch first episode
>Pretty shit, lots of cute girls but a boring generic plot
>Next 2 episodes are also shit
>Check anichart
>This anime is a LN/VN adaptation
Every time.
>>
>generic self-insert MC
>isekai
>battle academy
>harem
>very little male characters aside from MC

There are some obvious giveaways.
>>
>>151096061
LN adaptions tend to have much more generic plots so usually yes

The more original the plot the more likely it's not an adaptation

For example from this season just look at Flip Flappers, it's very obvious that's not an adaption of anything
>>
>>151096061
If it looks like it's skipping a lot of details to get to the action sooner then it's most definetly an adaptation and a shitty one to boot.
>>
>>151098060
Good example. LN adaptations usually have actual plot, Manga adaptation have much more episodic plot due to weekly/monthly formats.

Original shit shows like FF have zero plot at all and are mess of a writing.
>>
I have a hard time telling if a book is an LN or not, even using google.
People keep sperging that Violet Evergarden is not an LN, but it's listed on Amazon.jp as an LN.
>>
>>151096061
If the first episode has either a flash-forward to a point where shit got fucked, main character's internal monologue about the world he's in/some pointless bullshit or a tsundere character that get's angry at the MC for no good reason it's an LN or a VN.
>>
>>151096061
Yeah. Self insert with generic black hair protagonist is usually a sign of ln author living his fantasy through his characters.
>>
>>151096061
The people answering positively to that question are the kind of people who read TVtropes.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.