[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how does /a/ feel about your lie in april?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

how does /a/ feel about your lie in april?
>>
Bad
>>
It wasn't good.
>>
I only read the manga and the last few chapters I feel disconnected with the MC. Suddenly, the MC didn't talk about what's his feeling now regarding the situation and just kept quiet till the very end.
It's just kind of weird for me
>>
can someone tell me why I find the animation so creepy
>>
>>151036259
probably the 3D?
>>
April lied, /a/ cried
>>
>>151038326
>/a/ cried
I have seen almost no praise for this show on /a/

It seems like everyone hates it for some reason
>>
best girl lived
>>
>>151038658
/a/ is just in too much denial because it too mainstream
>>
Music is good, pretentious exposition wears thin very quickly, MC was a faggot
>>
It's too mainstream for me
>>
File: 1475020409240-a.jpg (177KB, 1032x803px) Image search: [Google]
1475020409240-a.jpg
177KB, 1032x803px
>>151035999
>violins
>glasses
>pianos
>FUCKING SPACE
Seems like pretentious trash if you ask me
>>
>>151038760
>best girl
surely you are referring to emi
>>
>>151035999
Pros:
-Good op and ed songs
-good designs
-good animation
-lots of memorable moments

Cons:
-pace is really slow
-dragging moments on stage
-ending left you with empty feeling
>>
>>151035999
I thought it was alright.
a lot of it seemed really predictable at a certain point though, and the story was played safe, which I don't think it's bad, but it leaves more to be desired.

It made me feel for the characters though, so I guess it succeeded in what it set out to do.

I thought the letter scene was really well done, and the OST was really good at invoking emotion.

but overall it's alright, not bad, but nothing to phone home about, I'd still recommend it if you wanted a decent romance/coming-of-age story.
>>
>>151035999
I lied in April? How dare you, I am appalled by the accusation.
>>
File: shigatsu.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
shigatsu.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>151039071
>not playing your piano in space
What a plebeian.
>>
>>151035999
really good story.
>>
Came really close to dropping it at ep4 or whenever that slut visited hospital for the 1st time. I basically knew how it was going to end from there. 6/10 music was good and it looked fine, just failed to invoke any deep feelings.
>>
It was okay. It was pretty easy to see what was going to happen.

Music was very good and some of the imagery with the flowers petal was nice to watch
>>
>>151039835
This scene reminded me of those scenes in Gundam where the MC is having some psychic newtype connection to whatever girl is on the battlefield and she dies.
>>
omg this is from shigatsu wa kimi no uso! ;)
>>
>>151035999
TADA BANRI
>>
>>151040152
TESTUO
>>
>>151035999
Its terrible but nice to look at.
>>
File: koari night 3.gif (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
koari night 3.gif
3MB, 800x450px
I can't think of a better melodrama.

Sure this isn't a new idea or narrative structure but it came together extremelly well and I loved it

suck a big ol' dick dudes and give me a better example of melodrama in the same
episode count without artificially created stakes that don't meld reality and fiction well.
>>
Slow and pretty predictable but I got a good cry out of it. Got me more into classical music which was the best takeaway from watching it for me.
>>
>>151035999
I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't say it was good.
There was a lot of forced melodrama and that can be a real turnoff to most people
>>
>>151038658
Because it has too high rating on mal.
>>
>>151042205
But /a/ loves steins gate
>>
The music was good, but the melodrama for the sake of drama ruined it for me. An anime which is literally forcing me to cry is not a good show.
>>
>>151035999
So melodramatic, Your lie in april gives Clannad run for its money.
>>
>>151042522
At least shigatsu has the dignity to leave its love interest dead
>>
>>151042698
And thank god for that for not using the convenient plot device.
>>
>>151035999
One of my favorite pieces of animation. It made me cry. Waiting for jenuary to buy the last manga.
>>
>>151035999
drama-bait for reddit-tier normies
>>
>>151043107
>>151043107
recommend me something dramatic that you like you cuck
>>
>>151043235
Manga is better at drama than anime simply due to being able to go for longer and deliver emotions without shit like musical ques and excessive crying scenes.
lurk moar
>>
there should be extermination camps for people who like this shit
>>
It's an alright show, but not the best, but I found El Autismo the superfaggot
>>151036066
>>151036130
>>151040292
>>151043107
>>151043296
Kill yourself
>>
>>151043356
People who hate it should be thrown off bridges. Hate it as much as you do.

People can like what they want and your edginess just disappoints your parents.
>>
>>151035999
Forced plot progression
>>
>>151039835
>when your parents force you to take Piano lessons and you gotta take drugs just to get through the recital.
>>
File: 022.jpg (265KB, 1671x1200px) Image search: [Google]
022.jpg
265KB, 1671x1200px
A good melodrama. I enjoyed the manga more though. The way she disappeared in the anime was over the top, I prefer the way she disappeared in the manga.
>>
>>151043418
Look at my forced post

Is it forced enough for you?
>>
>>151043518
>disappeared
Oh so she didn't died?
>>
>>151043523
>Is it forced enough for you?
Yes. Very much forced irony
>>
>>151043296
you have yet to actually list a manga then does drama better

so I guess in your view anime can't be dramatic or melodramatic.

Fuck that dude, the show nailed the op's and ed's and knew exactly what it wanted to do from the start it wasn't revolutionary but so fucking what you dont need to be to still be considered great

>manga story boards for anime
>>
>>151043625
>you dont need to be to still be considered great
You literally need originality to be considered good though. Fuck off with your MUH subjectivity bullshit. Even shinkai-shit and old KyoAni dramas are better than Shigatsu.
>>
>>151043578
It doesn't get more forced than this one though
>>
>>151035999
shit just like this thread
>>
>>151043416
no people can't just like what they want or at least they have to same some awareness what it is they like. this show borders on offensive on many levels. the illness that can't be named but takes on many scary symptoms, the shithead mc that can't 'hear' his own music, the dude that gets honeydicked by the dead girl for the whole show, there's so much more but I'll stop before I get onto mc's childhood girl friend. This show is the closest TV anime has gotten to being a straight up insult to life. It's dishonest and unfunny. It's no surprise the director for this pile of shit did Lance and Masques, and Occultic;Nine while the writer worked on Elfed Lied and High school DxD. i'm done sperging
>>
>>151043674
>Fuck off with your MUH subjectivity bullshit
Okay Edgy McEdgerson.

No but really, taste is subjective and if you don't like it go suck off your Yui fleshlight. You can be the judge of which Yui.
>>
>>151035999
It's a shitty Clannad
>>
cheap tears
>>
>>151043710
There are objective facts that determine whether a show is good or not in the eyes of people who have the absolute minimum of critical analysis skills.
>>
I liked it. Yes the ending was predictable but I still had a good time with the show for what it was.
>>
>>151043554
My bad, that's what I meant.
>>
Something I'll never understand is why people praise Hibike so highly but then proceed to shit on this.
>>
>>151043708
>sperging
No shit
>people can't just like what they want
>PEOPLE CAN'T JUST HAVE OPINIONS THAT DON'T PERFECTLY ALIGN WITH MY OWN
Exactly what an autistic superNEET would say. You don't see me saying all SAO fans should be put in concentration camps just for liking it.

Sure I don't have a gigantic hard-on for this show like a lot of other people do, but I imagine not being able to hear his music was a symptom of PTSD over his mother's death and as for the disease thing I couldn't tell you but unknown diseases do actually exist you know.
>>
>>151043674
>everything is a derivative
>everything is copying everything
>memes drive content creation
>orginality is subjective
>>
>>151043743
I've seen plenty of shit in my time. But I'm not watching anime strictly to over-analyze the living fuck out of it as some misunderstood art form. It's just like all other TV shows. I watch it to be entertained and seek enjoyment out of it. If I seek no such thing, it's shit.
>>
>>151043857
>if its not fun its shit
Back to /v/ with you, utter scum of the earth
>>
>>151035999
i think id like it more if they weren't 15 year olds or however old they were. the drama didnt fit with their age, you could tell it was a ~30 y/o's perspective on love and death. and i guess you could argue thats its his goal as an artist to shine a light on his perspective but it didnt really work for me
>>
>>151043882
>utter scum of the earth
Just as I expected, covering your ears when you can't handle dissenting thoughts. Sausage /a/.
>>
>>151043969
I think Nodame Cantabile did everything Shigatsu was trying to do to a tee.
>>
It's super interesting to go through this thread, because any astute reader can point out a particular samefag, who's either trolling by giving this show praise, or is honestly so in love with his own opinions that the thought of other people having different opinions puts him over the edge.

Personally, I enjoyed it, and thought it wasn't a waste of my time, simply because it kept me occupied and had great sound and visuals. I don't think it was anything particularly stellar, but it was interesting enough to watch.
>>
>>151035999
Inferior 3 gatsu clone.
>>
>>151042522
>>151043733
>comparing Shitgatsu to Clannad
>>
It was OK but I'm still mad at the people who told me it's better than Toradora.
>>
>>151035999
I enjoyed it. Sad ending and was a bit slow at times.
>>
>>151044144
>projecting this hard
>Sausage /a/
You sound like a crossboarder. So just go back to whatever cesspool you came from.
>>
File: 1401958599436.gif (314KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1401958599436.gif
314KB, 512x384px
>>151044215
>People will care about my opinions more if I don't post anonymously
>>
File: Aisaka.Taiga.full.843891.jpg (148KB, 628x929px) Image search: [Google]
Aisaka.Taiga.full.843891.jpg
148KB, 628x929px
>>151044232
Who'd ever say something as retarded as that?
>>
>>151035999
Left me with a bad impression at the end, like ejaculating a kidney stone after a good wank. However the side characters redeemed it
>>
>>151044171
What are you smoking? Aside from being about classical musicians Nodame has basically nothing in common with Your Lie in April.
>>
Clannad is shit. First the wife dies then the daughter dies literally out of nowhere?

Plus the anime artstyle is awful.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.