[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NHK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 10

File: hitoribocchi.jpg (16KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
hitoribocchi.jpg
16KB, 500x303px
Knock knock knock
Just checking to see how you're doing anon.

It's been ten years since Welcome to the NHK aired. Time flies, doesn't it?
>>
>>151024511
I've been self analyzing like crazy and
I actually a really good day WITHOUT anti depressants for once, thanks for checking on me!
>>
>>151024613
Hey anon, that's great to hear.
Don't rely on anti depressants too much, like you said, you can have a good day without them. It's all about mindset.

Now before this thread gets deleted, we should discuss the anime.
What's your favourite OST?
>>
>>151024511
Dammit I keep trying to watch this but I can't find a torrent of a good sub and I don't wanna keep going around torrenting every single one I find on nyaa.se in hopes that ones good, can someone recommend me a good one to search for specifically so I can finally watch this properly?
>>
I thought the novel was much better than the anime or manga. A more realistic, concise story.

Honestly, reading it was one of the things and convinced me to leave the house and basically become a normalfag.
>>
File: NHK_v03_c013p093.png (209KB, 704x1140px) Image search: [Google]
NHK_v03_c013p093.png
209KB, 704x1140px
>>151024511
>It's been ten years since Welcome to the NHK aired.
>Nothing changed, nothing really happened at all
>Still the same old me
>Still waiting for a Misaki to knock on my door
>Even though I know, there will never be a Misaki for me
>>
>>151024906
>reading it was one of the things and convinced me to leave the house and basically become a normalfag.
How'd that go?
Back when I watched NHK I was exactly like Satou, but over the years I changed my ways. Wouldn't say it was because of the anime/manga/novel though. It wasn't easy either. So I'm interested in hearing your story.

>>151024814
Shit, can't help you there I'm afraid. Been years since I watched it.
Someone will know though, just keep the thread active and someone will pop in. It's been too long since we had a good NHK thread.
>>
>>151024966
>obligatory comment about how Misaki knocking on your door would be a bad thing because she's a psychotic bitch

Sorry, had to get it out of the way. I don't agree though. I'm still waiting for my Misaki. At least some regular female contact would be a great step for me.
>>
Be honest, would you even open the door if soneone knocked three times?
I'd either hide under my duvet or in the bathroom. If I felt especially brave I'd look through the peephole and if it was a cute girl I'd definitely not open the door.
Face it, is Misaki came, you wouldn't even let her in.
>>
Well, I spent 2 whole days outside pretending to be a normalfag but it didn't really work. Went to the bar twice and to an anime club once. Zero women met. Zero meaningful human contact. Although I did help out a drunk student who passed out on the toilet floor, and carried him to fresh air and pukewille. Even if my depression makes me utterly repulsive to other humans, at least I made a fucking difference.

Welcome to the NHK is a nice story and one of my favorite animes, but it's just that, a story. The world you are hiding from is the same one you escaped from, for good and rational reasons.
>>
Sometimes I like to just lie in bed, look at the ceiling and listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eht8_rhVMOs
>>
>>151024766
The ending is better than the Opening in my taste if you look at them at full length not just cut for TV.

And Hitoribochhi is somewhere in the top there.

But my favorite is Odoru Aka-chan Ningen, (the ED)
>>
>>151025683
I would I'm not scared of anyone I always grab a knife when I hear a knock and look through peep hole.
>>
Knock knock knock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ei2izPLpHc
>>
>>151026931
I know the japanese lyrics by heart
When I'm feeling melancholic I put on Hitori Bocchi and just sing along, such an amazing fucking song
>>
I don't think there ever was an anime that made more of an impact on me than NHK. The story, characters, the fucking music, everything was amazing, yet sad as well. Made me think a lot about my life choices.
>>
>>151025114
Misaki wasn't so bad, at least anime version. Goes to show that even the cute girls you fantasize about being with and becoming completely happy with can be broken just the same as you.
>>
The first time i watched NHK I was like "wtf am I looking " I finished it though. However the second time I watched it (not so long ago ) it was not the same and I was more into the story and the characters .For me it's the kind of anime where you can watch it two or more times and have differents feelings about it !
>>
>>151027420
Eva
>>
>>151027931
No, I agree. It's just that one anon always comments on the fact that Misaki is poison or something so I inb4'd him. Misaki's alright. No one's perfect. She did more good than bad in the end.
>>
>>151024613
Rock on anon
>>
>>151028227
It's Steve, actually. But a good guess anyway I suppose.
>>
>>151028118
First time I watched it I dropped it fairly soon because the QUALITY in some episodes/scenes was laughable, like really, really bad.
Glad I picked it up and looked beyond that.
>>
When i first saw it i was still young but antisocial and i said to myself "no way will i end up like this"

Well i ended up even worse.
>>
Season 2 fucking when?

Just imagine how good it would be. The story could be set 10 years later when they meet again. Would be a good SoL shoe.
>>
File: dogface.jpg (27KB, 595x569px) Image search: [Google]
dogface.jpg
27KB, 595x569px
>>151028345
>same
>>
>>151028385
Would we finally get a damn k-kissu? The lack of it pissed me off the whole time.
>>
>>151028606
i think they kissu-ed in the novels
>>
My girlfriend is dead from cancer and I don't know if she was using me as an emotional crutch before she died.
>>
>>151028345
>>151028517
There's ways out. I used to be like Satou but things are so much better. I'm still depressed and suicidal, but I have good friends who I have enjoyable experiences with. I'm in college now, doing something I enjoy and am interested in. Some hope for a good career.
Still absolutely no luck with girls though.

I suggest you seek help. It really helped me get on the road to a better life. It's a long fucking road though and I'm only at the start. But anything's better than what I used to be like.
>>
>>151028385
I want S2 just for Pearl Kyoudai OST. Those fuckers disappeared after NHK and it's a crime against humanity. I need more of their melancholy music in my life.
>>
Best thing about it were the OP/ED. Has an interesting premise that it botched around halfway through by getting too over-the-top to find said premise believable/engaging anymore and then dragging those parts out for ages, the Island arc in particular was terrible.

Just talking about the anime anyway, I hear that it added a lot of shit that the source material didn't have.
>>
>>151029221
Best be joking nigger.
The suicide island was the best part of the show.
>>
File: cool suzak.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cool suzak.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
>>151024511
wasn't /a/ busy with code geass when nhk aired ?
>>
>>151029286
It was by far the worst part of the show, there was no reason for it to even go on for as long as it did since the MC realises extremely early on what was actually happening and continues to go along with it just because. No reason to connect to any other character there except maybe the chick he went there with because they were all completely one-note.

There's a reason people only ever talk about the parts where the MC is a shut-in inside his room and social anxieties and so on and not parts like that arc, it sucked.
>>
>>151029465
thats just...like... your opinion man

my opinion is that the island arc and the mmo arc were god tier
>>
i watched nhk recently and i still don't understand why do people consider it as a masterpiece . it only made me depressed . it didn't solve anything in my life just made me hate myself even more also only the last few episodes were great
>>151024766
i still can't find that ost when the girl says ''yume to inbou ''
>>
one of my favourites. If I wasn't retarded, I'd be able to put into words what the series means for me. It's just very special.
>>
>>151029848
this

english is not my main language and i just cant describe how i feel about NHK
>>
>>151029698
It's not supposed to help you with depression. It's supposed to show you depression, isolation, anxiety and its effects. I think /a/ considers it a masterpiece because it resonates so well with so many of the people posting here. And anime about yourself, basically.

Also, now I want to know which OST you mean. You remember when it played? OP/ED? BGM?
>>
>>151029356
And Death Note. And Darker Than Black.
Fuck 2006/2007 was an amazing year when I think back on it.
>>
>>151029848
>>151029873
But it's good, right? Would you say it helped you with your situation?
Would you say it made you feel depressed? Or better?
Did watching it change anything in your life, for good or worse?
>>
File: mujeres.jpg (186KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
mujeres.jpg
186KB, 1366x768px
>>151024966
>>151025114
I'm still waiting for my Yamazaki. That best friend who lend you eroges, go to Akihabara buy shit with you and with whom you can talk about bitches and whores together.
>>
>>151029971
2008 was the last good year of anime, since then it all went downhill

>>151030031
it changed the way i was thinking about llife in general, idk i cant describe it. all i know is that NHK left a big influance at me
>>
https://frogkun.com/2016/04/24/whats-the-author-of-welcome-to-the-nhk-doing-these-days/

the author went back into his hikkimori ways instead of grabbing life by the balls.
>>
File: 1463820542732-0.jpg (50KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1463820542732-0.jpg
50KB, 409x409px
>>151024511
This show (at least) contributed to setting me on a decent path with my life. Making decent money working with my friend while I study full time now.

While I miss the days on end without substance, the torturous yet comfortable tedium of the NEET lifestyle. I have to say I prefer knowing I'm heading somewhere, even if it is a little harder.

I'm happy, anons. Thanks to the anon who suggested this for me back then, I kinda owe you my life.
>>
>>151030036
I dont understand how people can talk about bitches and whores.. Like sure i like girls but i really don't like degrading them in a conversation. is something wrong with me?
>>
>>151030104
>Several years have passed since I wrote, “I still will do my best after this.” I have not done my best. Proof of that is in the fact that I haven’t written a single new story. I’ve been reduced to a NEET, living as a parasite on the royalties from this book.

holy fuck
>>
>>151030104
>>151030213
>Also, this shouldn’t surprise anyone, but Takimoto has stated that he is a huge fan of Rei Ayanami.

>Reifags
>>
>>151030193
Nah, I'm the same. I don't participate in that shit talk about women. It's a macho alpha male thing to do to hide their insecurities. Remember though, treat women with respect but don't put them all on a pedestal. There's a fine line.
>>
>>151030086
Wait, when was Guilty Crown, and Psycho-Pass? Sure, not masterpieces, but damn good fun watching them with /a/.
>>
>>151029465
The island and MMO arcs were pretty good, they had significant influence and developed well Satou's state of mind.
For me the worst arc was the Pyramid scheme by far, the ending is really forced with everything to turn out just right for that hikkikomori guy and his sister.
you could remove that from the series entirely and it wouldn't make a difference.
>>
>>151031891
Agreed, hated that arc
>>
>>151031891
yeah that. really seem to fit with the main plot. it was more like a misadventures of satou i guess
>>
> Time flies, doesn't it?

Fuck no. It painfully drags like a never-ending scrape against my psyche.
>>
>>151032416
*didnt
>>
>>151024511
Just in time for my winter depression, thanks.

Guess I'll start rewatching tomorrow.
>>
Are you hitori bocchi, anon?
>>
I want my Misaki anons, why won't she knock knock knock?
>>
HITORI BOCCHI
>>
Knock knock knock
>>
>>151024814
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=827601
pretty sure these are the best available. I watched exiled-destiny though and it's literally a R1 dvdrip
>>
>>151028645
>novels
>s
There's more than one? I don't think they did in the original.
>>
I relate to yamazaki a lot, except I never had a happy ending.
>>
>>151036071
..ending means you cease to exist
>>
>>151030086
>downhill
2011 and 13 were amazing and you know it
>>
>>151030104
I don't get why he thinks living off royalties of his book is bad

If it's successful enough to comfortably live then he doesn't owe work to anybody
>>
>>151031891
The whole point of the Pyramid scheme are was to show that 'successful' people aren't free from having problemed lives, and to compare and contrast Sato's development once his mother cut him off from class rep's brother who was enabled by his sister in spite her literally not being able to afford him.

If you didn't get the thematic importance then you're fucking dumb
>>
>>151038803
he's just depressed and lonely. Money is one thing. What about happiness to be honest
>>
>>151039018
He's very clearly talking about his being unproductive, not being lonely
>>
Watched it for the first time a few weeks ago.
That got me depressed and crying like almost no other anime.
But it somewhat felt good, I was fucking hooked.
...damn
>>
>>151039067
Well i guess being spiritual cured him.

he's pretty much turn into a hippy
>>
File: image.jpg (423KB, 1260x1800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
423KB, 1260x1800px
>>151034302
when do we get to see bocchi start making friends with her male classmates
>>
>>151025114
I mean the main deal is that is bad to wait for someone to save from yourself and you have to make the steps yourself to change. So really waiting for anyone to save you goes against the theme
>>
>>151029465
>not knowing that the worst arc is pyramid scheme
>>
>ten years passed
>nothing achieved
Now I've lost it
>>
>>151024511
already, wow
>>
>>151029971
>2006 was 10 years ago
>I was going to college in 2006
Where the fuck did time go -- fuck -- I'm having a panic attack. Tasuketekure!!
Misaki, dokogairuka?!?!?
>>
>>151039569
I really do adore her.
>>
This anime changed my life. I went from being a NEET 4 years ago to having a fulltime job, a great girlfriend, and i'm doing excellent in a real estate licensing course right now. Thanks for asking!
>>
File: Yamete.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Yamete.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>151024511
And i'm still here
>>
NHK hits way too close to home. Especially the part where he just stopped going to college for no reason, it's just hard to go.
>>
>>151040072
well, "worst" arc. because everything in NHK is perfect
>>
>>151030104
I'm pretty much following the same pattern. Made a huge effort to fix my life before regressing hard. Got lucky on the stock market, so I'm living off that now.

Can't help but wonder if one the jehovah's witnesses that I've slammed the door on could've been my Misaki.
>>
>>151024511
The anime was what finally got me out of the house. I'm still a mess but I got my first job at 23 thanks to Satou. If it weren't for Welcome to the NHK I would probably still be a shut in.
>>
>>151024511
now what?
>>
>>151030036
>yamazaki will never crossdress for you
why live
>>
Time to rewatch and feel like shit again I guess
>>
File: nhk.jpg (113KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
nhk.jpg
113KB, 1440x900px
>>151024511
>Knock, knock, knock
I'm now hearing that guitar wail manually
>>
>>151041182
but that's why its so good, really puts life into perspective.
>>
>>151024814
> How do I use AniDB to shoose releases?
> Spoonfeed me because it's a suitable thread.
>>
Welcome to the NHK is a great anime.

I don't know what to do. this mangaka called Junko is trying to steal the name watamote. she made a joke about it in her anime it made me sick to my stomach.
>>
>>151042462
NHK didn't really made me feel like shit.. at the end of it

It was more like a realisation if i don't do something i would end up like the mmo guy. I would end up being angry at myself being lonely. Well im still struggling but at least i have the motivation to keep going to an extent i guess
>>
>>151024511
havent finished yet

first few episodes were gold, then it dips a bit. hope it picks back up at the end. hit way too close to home
>>
>>151026007
>The world you are hiding from is the same one you escaped from, for good and rational reasons.

You watched the anime and didnt catch the part about rationalizing your own condition? thats like first 4 episodes
>>
>>151030036
Yamazaki reeks of /r9k/ though. He'd be a good friend if not for that.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.