[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>exam where 12-13 year olds are forced to kill each other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: Nar_6_1_04.jpg (103KB, 612x1037px) Image search: [Google]
Nar_6_1_04.jpg
103KB, 612x1037px
>exam where 12-13 year olds are forced to kill each other for a scroll
Why was the original Naruto so dark?
>>
Its ninja. You go on missions where you could die. Getting them used to the idea of death is crucial for their development.
>>
>>151007448
Kinda hard to learn when you're dead?

I could understand the Zabuza mission for the first arc, but here, they're literally telling kids to kill each other.
>>
It's not dark when everyone can get resurrected
>>
>>151007418
Did anyone even die?
>>
>>151007486
Did you somehow miss the page in the OP where Hinata's party uses leeches to completely juice the blood out of a group of ninjas?
>>
They weren't forced to kill. They didn't order them, they didn't need to, they just need to tell them they COULD. They were told they just had to get and keep a matching pair however they could, and including killing.

It's just that killing the other guy can be considered a very sound tactical option.

Killing them and then having an extra scroll means they're NOT stealing it back just before the next fucker shows up wanting to kill you for a scroll.
>>
File: Anko.jpg (61KB, 400x569px) Image search: [Google]
Anko.jpg
61KB, 400x569px
>>151007418
>Anko turned fat at the end of Naruto.
>Didn't get on Hokage Kakashi's dick instead.
Just
>>
File: Chunin Exams.jpg (45KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Chunin Exams.jpg
45KB, 480x480px
>>151007418
Technically they don't have to kill each other, but there is no penalty for doing so and people of other villages have no reason not to. It's insane.
>>
>>151007418
Naruto was about child soldiers since day1
>>
>>151007807
Well, before the village system, there really wasn't even an option on participation, the other fuckers came along and you fought or died. At least all the participants in the chunin exams are willing. They COULD stay a genin forever, but they're willing to potentially get their hands dirty for a promotion
>>
>>151007448
Tell me, does any modern civilized army do these types of tests or excercises involving killing? Because I guarantee you they don't, and those are all adults. They teach you how to kill but will only let you kill in actual battlefields against real enemies.
>>
>>151007448
sound just like normal asian parenting, I got told from my mom that she will die because i fail at x or y, now when my aunt die i don't feel a thing and when my grandad die I still don't feel a thing too, when my mom threaten any thing with her death and i don't response the way she expect she said that i am heartless, geez mom you were the one that teach me to be this way
>>
>>151007997
and then it became child Wizards, which given Harry Potter it's no wonder we got what we got in Shippuden
>>
>>151007418
People say its because they lived in a warrior society and thats what ninja's do, but really its out of place since Kishi decided to go with a lighter tone for the rest of the story. The adult ninja letting kids die in a forest seems out of character in hindsight.
>>
The exams were basically a game of war where countries get to act tough. Altough Kishi didnt really go trough with the original idea since he just killed some minor characters while all the cute rookies got to the next stage alive.

It probably got too popular during the arc and the publishers toned it down.
>>
>>151007486
Pretty sure those guys are not dead. Something about having examiners retrieve people who failed that hard.
>>
>>151007665
Srsly; why didn't that happen? It's like only the kids got married and had kids and all the adults stayed single with no kids... it's like kishimoto has that generational kid mindset that blocks out the adults like Charlie Brown does. What the fuck is up with that kind of mental block? I even noticed it on myself too... it's weird...
>>
>>151009334
Its just a joke as her character trait was eating candy and war ended so she had no need to ninja around as much.
>>
>>151009407
Oh lol ahaha I get it. Did kishi say that?

She was a very attractive character like shizune. I have no clue why none of those characters got hitched.
>>
>>151009068
>Something about having examiners retrieve people who failed that hard.
Did they also retrieve the people crushed to death by Gaara?

The only thing that gets "retrieved" are their dead bodies.
>>
>>151008428
Underrated post
>>
>>151007461
>Kinda hard to learn when you're dead?
Good thing they dont care about teaching the dead. The ones who lived learnt a lesson
>>
>>151009701
>Did they also retrieve the people crushed to death by Gaara?
Forgot about those guy, guess people did die during the Chuunin exam.
>>
>>151007486
The dudes who fucked with Gaara. But were they students though?
>>
>>
>>151008259
The test was actually a controlled battlefield on which villages would display their militar capabilities without actually going to war.
>>
>>151007418
Ninja life.
>>
>>151009334
Does Iruka even have a family?
>>
>>151011892
Yes.
>>
>>151011892
had.
his family got killed by kyuubi
>>
That was before everyone and their grandmother had resurrection magic.

Also did Naruto abolish it or anything? It's a wonder how that tradition survived, but I guess you need it to weed out the weak.

Also I saw a page with a DNA test, is the manga trying to make Naruto more modern? Reminds me if that dumb movie where they had imagine gun kunai shuriken guns.
>>
>>151012754
>>151012931
I mean now that he's an adult.
>>
>>151009701
Accidents happen.
>>
>>151008259
the graduation exam for the Philippine scout rangers involves participating in real combat
>>
>>151007486
Garaa was still a little shit so he probably killed as many nobodies as he could.
>>
>>151013082
Nigger they had PCs in Naruto in the first chapter.
>>
>>151009334
>it's weird...

It's the hidden political agenda of Naruto.
To urge millenials to breed.
>>
>>151014452
Fuck off.
>>
>>151007418
It wasn't popular enough to be tightly controlled by the editors.
>>
>>151007418
World of Shinobi ain't so easy one.
>>
>>151007418
To inspire the hunger games
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.