[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Any of you guys excited to this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmr6VSOW4zU

AOTY confirmed
>>
also
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-14/tatami-galaxy-staff-return-for-yoru-wa-mijikashi-arukeyo-otome-anime-film/.109903
>>
File: 1296976543707.png (520KB, 743x720px) Image search: [Google]
1296976543707.png
520KB, 743x720px
Yes.
>>
>>150990380
HOLY FUCK YES
>>
Wait, so is this a sequel to Tatami Galaxy? Or just a totally different story with characters who look exactly the same/are the same as the ones in Tatami Galaxy?
>>
>>150990792
Must be a prequel, Ozu looks like a baby.
>>
>>150990380
Already the best anime that I watched in my whole life, a goddam masterpiece.
>>
Reposting something an anon said about the novel in a past thread.
Firstly 夜は短し歩けよ乙女 is NOT a prequel to Tatami Galaxy. In Tatami Galaxy the MC fucks around with Ozu and doesn't really do anything for most of the part. In this the MC is much more proactive in getting the girl and doesn't just wait for her to fall into his lap like Watashi kind of did.

Secondly the reason why they seem so similar is because both novels are written by Tomihiko Morimi. All of his books, without exception, take place in Kyoto because he has a huge Kyoto boner the same way Watari Wataru has a Chiba boner. Also a lot of his books have the main character in university as those were probably the defining years of his life. Off the top of my head 太陽の塔 (Tower of the Sun), Tatami Galaxy and this.

Finally this anime is not going to be pretentious in the slightest. All of Morimi's works strike a balance between fantasy and reality. In Tower of the Sun, it's 30:70 fantasy to reality. It's a very raw work which doesn't have a very well defined plot (which makes sense because it's was his first book) but the rants and thoughts by the main character are extremely poignant. Obviously a lot of people don't like having Morimi's opinions shoved down their throat, which leads us to 夜は短し歩けよ乙女. It's by far Morimi's most accessible novel because it takes out all the moping and depression and ramps up the fantasy and humour (there's a part where the MC learns to fly by "not having his feet firmly planted on the ground"). Even on the Japanese internet most of them consider it to be his best novel by virtue of its humourous nature without any overbearing themes or real-world issues that his other works might have had.

So we can expect the anime to have:

1. A lot of humour
2. More fantasy
3. The supreme Morimi waifu
4. More accessibility to plebs
>>
File: 1296982363600.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1296982363600.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>150991077
>In this the MC is much more proactive in getting the girl and doesn't just wait for her to fall into his lap like Watashi kind of did.
The MC can be a different guy from the tatami MC.
But if Ozu and Master Higuchi are there then it might be a prequel.
>>
>>150990380
I'm so excited I don't know how to express it.
>>150991077
Sounds great, isn't it going to be a movie instead of an anime though? Correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>150991181
Yes, it's a movie.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.