[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok. I'm going to ask it once for all >Dragonslayer How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

Ok. I'm going to ask it once for all
>Dragonslayer
How it is supposed to work? How can Guts move it fast enough so enemies don't have time to react before they get killed in droves? Even after all the shit he went through, Guts is still not portrayed as a superhuman.
I get the sword would be useful for big slow monsters, but Guts fucks ninjas left and right without breaking a sweat.
>>
>>150974571
I guess its just suspension of disbelief.

His large sword Is probably equivalent to that of half its size in the reality of the world the story is set.
>>
>>150974571
>Guts is still not portrayed as a superhuman.
You must be reading something else.
The way he was born made him slightly unhuman.
Surviving the brand made him super human.
Fighting, killing, and bathing in the blood of apostles while showering in fairy poop every morning made him clearly super human.
The Berserker armor lets him ignore everything that's left of his human limitations.

Guts is more magic then anyone else in his party including the witch and mermaid.
>>
Dragonslayer is 388 pounds or 176 kilograms.
Average human reaction time is 0,2 seconds.

Someone else do the math.
>>
>>150975333
hold on a minute, half-satan-kun, the mermaid joined the party?
>>
>>150974571
>>150975423
Some fabulous faggot using red egg with face to reincarnated as batman and rape his girl.
And you wonder why he has superhuman strength?
i dunno maybe because some mercenary fuck him in the ass when he's still young, inject him with heroic spirit or something. i'm sure you will gain superhuman strength too soon enough
>>
>>150975333

This.

Guts might not be an apostle, but he's clearly beyond the realms of human.

Judging by some other human characters shown in the series, like some of the captains and champions of other mercenary bands that Guts fought during the Golden Age, or other main characters like Griffith and Caska, it seems like the limit for humans in the berserk world is higher than it is irl anyway.
>>
>>150975016
I wonder if moefags think the same about their beloved bug eyes.
>>
weight aside, guts was forced to train with full adult sized weapons since he could stand. He basically has just kept scaling up his sword size and weight to match his growth. Now that magic is involved in the world, i'll just say its magic
>>
File: wise teacher.jpg (330KB, 1485x938px) Image search: [Google]
wise teacher.jpg
330KB, 1485x938px
I thought it was obvious that his wise magical negro teacher gave him all he needed to become superhuman.
>>
>>150975333
Not to mention that the Dragonslayer has been covered in the blood of so many apostles it exists halfway in the ethereal plain.
Guts is meant to show the limits of humanity without directly dipping into to magic, at least until he got the Berserker armor. Now he is very obviously beyond human capability.
>>
>>150977356
>Now he is very obviously beyond human capability.
Only because he has a healer in his party that makes him able to heal so that he doesn't get his flesh absorbed by the armor
>>
>>150974571
>Guts fucks ninjas left and right without breaking a sweat.
Swords move faster than people.
>>
>>150974571
It's a fantasy manga. Weapons in real life generally weigh less than 4lbs, because any heavier than that is just detrimental. A sword being heavy does not make it do more damage or more efficient as a weapon. The "dragonslayer" (edgy name) is just pure fantasy wankery.
>>
>>150974571
Gravity and centrifugal force
>>
Simply put, it doesnt. It's all fantasy, a sword like that in real life would be utterly unusable. Not only is it too heavy to lift and swing, but even if you could swing it, due to it's weight , he sword would more swing you that you can swing it. If you want an "in universe" explanation, Guts' being rests in between the physical and astral realm due to his brand, giving him special abilites. It could also be that the same spirits that protect Serpico's weapon also infest his given that it's a magical blade, making it lighter. If you want an actual explanation, look up "Rule of cool". They use it because it looks fucking badass, not because it's realistic. Swinging a sword faster than the eye can track isn't realistic for a human either, but it makes everything look awesome.

The largest sword used in combat was 7' tall and weighed 13lbs. Supposedly, the guy who wielded it was also 7' tall and was "stout as an ox". He was able to behead 6 people in one swing.
>>
>>150974571
It's just not possible for a real human to swing something so fucking heavy and long that fast in real life. I've always accepted that Guts has superhuman strength, especially if he has to always carry something that heavy on his back wherever he goes.
>>
Fuck off all the fuckwits from reddit who are saying Guts is anything more than human.
Guts is just a normal guy who..... had a hard life. And I'm pretty sure if some normal guy trained every day with a sword about 5 sizes too big for him from birth he would be able to carry the Dragonslayer. And the fact that his survival depended on it.
>>
>>150980704
"carry" is a bit different from "swing really fucking fast"
>>
It's just fantasy. There is no explanation other than Guts is stronk as fuk. Stop trying to make everything sci-fi.
>>
>>150976979
Moefags don't question anything, don't tell them too, they are just stupid consumers
>>
>>150980704
No, he really wouldnt. Incremental training is a great way to raise your limits, but it's impossible for something like that to happen. Unfortunately I'm a little rusty on my physics, but there's a law of Newton that basically renders the Dragonslayer impossible. It's too heavy, Guts would literally need to weigh 600lbs+ just to not be swung off his feet when he uses it. It looks cool as shit, but it's impossible. Not to mention the fact that no matter how strong you are, your bones can only handle so much a rendering jumping from a 20'+ wall with 400lbs on your back would at the very least shatter your ankles.
>>
>>150980876
Or when Guts had to swim with his sword on his back, he should've drowned. Basic laws of physics should warn you that swimming while carrying something about 2x your weight and with zero buoyancy is impossible.
>>
>>150974571
After he was adopted by Gambino he was trained as a mercenary when he reached a sufficient age. Gambo being a hardened merc didn't go easy on him and trained him in fighting with normal sized swords instead of something smaller that he also used in actual battles. Because of that Guts was slowly building up his strength, besides he was always using over sized swords, which would make him, after some time capable of wielding something like dragonslayer.
>>
>>150974571
How about we do realtalk here.

The fuck was a shittly little cutlass able to cut off Zod's arm?
>>
he didn't have it before the eclipse, it's 20 or so at least times too heavy to be remotely usable, more for how he swings it. Guys doesn't have normal human abilities after the Eclipse
>>
>>150974571
>How it is supposed to work?
It's not. It's fantasy.

The sword is almost purely a phallic metaphor anyway.
>>
>>150975333
It's because he has been training and surviving like that ever since he's a little child.
>>
>people still denying that guts is zodd's son
>>
>>150974571
I'm more worried about how his prostetic arm works
>>
>>150974571
>>150985592
I'm more worried about how a vertical slash could cut someone horizontally.
>>
>>150986182
Looking at the trajectory of his upper body it seems as if between panels the guy inclined to his side for some reason.
>>
>>150974571
>Guts fucks ninjas left and right without breaking a sweat.

Yeah we see him have trouble with people like Serpico who is fast and knows how to fight against guts but other ninja like characters just kinda fuck up.

Best example I can think of is Guts vs the Kushan ninja guys where the first thing they try is "You go low, I go high" while lining up perfectly. So after one jumps and the other keeps running, guts just does a big overhead swing to kill them both.
>>
>>150986530
Serpico openly admits he'd get fucking smashed by Guts in a straight up fight, his real advantage comes in his insane aptitude for strategy. The only two times they fought he challenged Guts in an area where he knew Guts wouldn't be able to fight to his best ability, like on the side of the cliff and between all those pillars.
>>
>>150976876
I want a wise magical negro to give me the buttfuck
>>
>>150974571
Nigger has been training with swords that are too big for him since he was like 3.
>>
>>150987086
>>150987114
nice
>>
>>150980876
Especially when he only has one hand to swing it.
>>
>>150980704
Guts always had a somewhat strong connection to the spirit realm, just look at his fucking ears.
That connection only got stronger as the story progressed.
Brand and Armor left him standing with one foot in the other realm.
>>
>>150987178
Exactly. Cool as hell, but totally impossible.
>>150987775
Doesn't Gambino and Roderick have the same ears? The brand totally puts him somewhat in the astral plane, but the armor only taps into his inner Demon which he created himself to channel his insanity and bloodlust, not an actual demon. The ears doesn't really tell us much, there have been a few others who have had the same ears.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.