[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shoukoku no Altair adaptation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 41

File: hEb4fp3.jpg (561KB, 1280x919px) Image search: [Google]
hEb4fp3.jpg
561KB, 1280x919px
It's actually going to happen.

http://project-altair.com/
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x55blg2_project-altair-cm-kazuhiro-furuhashi-x-mappa_tv

Director: Kazuhiro Furuhashi (Hunter x Hunter 1999, Rurouni Kenshin TV series and OVAs, Mobile Suit Gundam UC
Studio: MAPPA
>>
>MAPPA
I'm excited but to be completely honest I read the first 2 volumes and it wasn't very good, other historical manga were a lot better
>>
File: 5.png (935KB, 990x515px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
935KB, 990x515px
>>150967051
Ah but I see, this is why it's getting an anime. The manga is very fujo from what i've read so far
>>
>>150967051
We don't know the format yet. It could be a feature film with an original plot.
>>
>>150967072
Those two title are their most popular series. Of course they'll list it there.
>>
>>150967170
What's the first one?
>>
>t*rk
>white
>>
While I enjoy the manga, if this anime has any threads it will pretty much just be /pol/ shitposting, possibly some /his/ too.
>>
>>150967051
You probably think Kingdom is good
>>
File: 1471901944459.jpg (31KB, 480x448px) Image search: [Google]
1471901944459.jpg
31KB, 480x448px
>>150966918
>they adapt this just because it's the era of the fujo bubble

i hate the mountains.
i hate the sun so bright.
i hate crustaceans.
i hate the stars at night.
>>
>>150967881
Not him but Kingdom, Vinland Saga, Historie and Ravages are a million times better than this, fuck off.
>>
File: Shin_stabs_Rinko.png (1MB, 1680x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Shin_stabs_Rinko.png
1MB, 1680x1200px
>>150967881
You think it isn't?

Oh yeah, it's popular and doesn't have gay as fuck ladyboys so of course you do.
>>
>>150967972
One of these is not like the others.

Ravages is very good, even if it is a manhua, both artwise and storywise. Historie doesn't look very good, even redrawn in volumes, but it is intersesting to read and its perspective is fresh. Vinland Saga is a modern classic, duh. Kingdom is just a nekketsu in historic decorations.

Altair has a great art and setting, it might lack the writinbg of the very best, but is by no standard bad. So you fuck off.
>>
>>150968033
This was the last good arc. Renpa was the best.

Popularity has nothing to do with it. Kingdom is very simple compared to other historic manga, it is just a nekketsu.
>>
For a second I got this mixed up with Gunka no Baltzar because I'm retarded and got excited.
>>
File: 1472360469549.jpg (1MB, 2936x1976px) Image search: [Google]
1472360469549.jpg
1MB, 2936x1976px
nice

im not looking forward to the thread though
>>
>>150967220
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_This_Corner_of_the_World
>>
>>150968111
>Altair has a great art and setting

And that's it.

Characters are terrible and the plot the least interesting out of the ones listed. You're just a fujo thinking this shit is anywhere but painfully mediocre shit
>>
Read it 7 or 10 so chapters, didnt interest me at all.
>>
File: 1481582691520.png (1MB, 1690x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1481582691520.png
1MB, 1690x1200px
>>150968157
>This was the last good arc.
>Coalition invasion came after that
>Duke Hyou
>Sai

How about no you tasteless piece of shit.

> it is just a nekketsu.
You seem to repeat that a lot but it means nothing you retard.
>>
>>150968562
Plenty of interesting characters, who get developed in quite some ways later on.

>muh fujo bogeyman
Don't be that insecure.
>>
File: 1468414201552.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468414201552.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
Will Furuhashi deliver?
>>
>Kazuhiro Furuhashi
Picked the fuck up.
>>
>>150967972
Kingdom is some incredibly shallow battle manga that just happens to take inspiration from history, Altair might be flawed but it a least has some depth.
>>
>>150968786
>Coalition invasion came after that
Had its moments, but alltogether it is weaker. If only its final focus wasn't on Reebok and his super rare strategy of "Houken, git em boy". That really made the final of Sai go down.

>it means nothing
More like you don't know what it means.
>>
>>150968815
Not that guy but you're not allowed to be an optimistic guy on /a/ you cunt.
>>
>>150968815
>who get developed in quite some ways later on.

Yeah nice fanfiction.

Just because the protag was a dumb naive fuck and gets a reality check later don't act like this is some amazing development
>>
> everyone crying about fujo
guys, the MC is a natural trap so it's not gay
>>
>>150969016
way more than anyone in kingdom got, save maybe the waifu assassin becoming less edgy by the power of wanting MC's dick
>>
>>150968925
>Had its moments, but alltogether it is weaker

Opinion discarded

>More like you don't know what it means.
Nekketsu is just hot blooded you retarded fuck, yes Kingdom has hot blood, so does Berserk basically every other manga with fights/war in it what's your fucking point?

Altair has nothing, the characters are bland, the art is generic bishonen and the setting is clearly there to emphasize on the fact that they're all pretty boys, wearing jewelry and faggot clothes
>>
>>150968786
Le nekketsu (熱血?, littéralement « sang bouillant ») désigne un canevas et un genre employé dans les mangas (particulièrement les shōnen) et shōsetsu (romans). Il est directement inspiré du concept du monomythe tel que décrit par Joseph Campbell1. Osamu Tezuka est crédité pour avoir créé le genre, au travers de son manga La Nouvelle Île au trésor1.
>>
>>150968111
WHAT A SURPRISE, EVERY MANGA EXCEPT THE POPULAR ONE IS GOOD

Holy fuck at least pretend you're not just being a contrarian.
>>150969063
>way more than anyone in kingdom got
So you've never read it?

>waifu less edgy because of MC's dick
Oh you haven't.
>>
>>150969063
>way more than anyone in kingdom got

Shin was never stupid thinking he can save everyone from the get go.

>waifu assassin becoming less edgy by the power of wanting MC's dick

More like he's been through wars with her and never moralfag'd her about her revenge and let her go do her business and have a place to come back to if she survives but yeah go enjoy making up shit as if she's anything like that or even understands.
>>
>>150969130
>Nekketsu is just hot blooded you retarded fuck, yes Kingdom has hot blood, so does Berserk basically every other manga with fights/war in it what's your fucking point?
remove hot bloodedness from kingdom and you have really terrible political shit (and no mc, since shin's only main trait is being really hot blooded), remove hot bloodedness from berserk and you have a tale of revenge, adventure and drama, which is basically current berserk.

altair isn't nekketsu, as since it doesnt need to pander to 13 year olds, so your "every war manga is nekketsu!" just lampshades your ignorance.
>>
>>150969141
Next time write in english

And again, you keep repeating Nekketsu but it means absolutely nothing. Just because it's hot blooded doesn't make it less good or well written than anything, stop being retarded already.

>>150969253
Kyoukai didn't come back for Shin, sure he's a big part since he's the one that opened to her first but she makes it very clear that she wants to go back to the unit who she now considers family as she's lost everyone else.
>>
>>150969130
>Opinion discarded
What an intellectual argument.

>Nekketsu is just hot blooded you retarded fuck, yes Kingdom has hot blood, so does Berserk basically every other manga with fights/war in it what's your fucking point?
Are you this blind? It is a shonen fightan staple, and Kingdom follows it to the end. There is nothing special about Shin and his adventure.
Berserk moves in a completely different direction.

>>150969182
>Holy fuck at least pretend you're not just being a contrarian.
All of them are fucking mainstream popular you doofus, stop being stupid.
>>
>>150969319
>Kyoukai didn't come back for Shin

Well yeah, i said he she has a place to come back to which is shins unit.
>>
>>150969253
shin still thinks they are the good guys even after he saw his best friend's subordinate behead and rape villages of people
which makes him a complete moron, and his friend a hypocrite (as his whole "let's kill a bunch of people to unify china so we don't have to kill more people" loses weight when he employs and rewards one of the worst bloodthirsty psychos in the whole manga).
and all of this is beside the point.
>More like he's been through wars with her and never moralfag'd her about her revenge and let her go do her business and have a place to come back to if she survives but yeah go enjoy making up shit as if she's anything like that or even understands.
> muh place to come back to
holy shit, that is so rare! it's not like altair has the same exact thing only with the character not also conveniently wanting MC's dick because it's not a generic battle shounen until MC has a couple love interests.
besides, didn't she literally say one of her objectives now is getting knocked up by shin?
>>
>>150969301
>remove hot bloodedness from kingdom and you have really terrible political shit
Says you.

>(and no mc, since shin's only main trait is being really hot blooded)
You're making it pretty obvious that you've never read the manga.

>remove hot bloodedness from berserk and you have a tale of revenge, adventure and drama,
So edgy garbage?

>altair isn't nekketsu, as since it doesnt need to pander to 13 year olds
Remind me which one's the shonen manga here... Oh wait, it's Altair, the one literally aimed at 13 years old, which is why it's about pretty boys that look straight out of final fantasy
>>
>>150969410
>All of them are fucking mainstream popular

>none of them are top 30 selling this year at all

>mainstream
>>
>>150969463
we're talking about a manga who is angry faces getting beheaded in really badly coordinated fights for 90% of its pages, followed by some bullshit about nakama, fihting spirit and willpower
you think that's target demographic is older and more mature than a manga which has proper tactics and politics and a mc who isn't every single shounen mc trope crammed into a one note character?

why do you think kingdom threads get fuck all posts in this board?
>>
File: 32.jpg (1MB, 1485x1080px) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
1MB, 1485x1080px
>>150969460
>shin still thinks they are the good guys even after he saw his best friend's subordinate behead and rape villages of people
Except he's repeated several times that he doesn't think they are? You've never read the manga right?

>besides, didn't she literally say one of her objectives now is getting knocked up by shin?
She didn't even know where babies came from, it was a gag scene.
>>
>>150969504
I said stop being stupid.

Top 30 is the top 0.5% of the industry. Everything that makes into the oricon lists is still mainstream as fuck.
>>
>>150969639
>Except he's repeated several times that he doesn't think they are?
you're telling me the guy who has been portrayed constantly as a heroic dude is actually intended to be shown as a bad guy?
and feel free to post where he says HE is not a good guy, because what you posted ain't it.
>>
Hoo boy

>Shoukoku no Altair Thread
>debating Kingdom instead

Why didn't it go into a cute roach fuccboi discussion instead?
>>
>>150969460
Since when does Shin that they're the good guys? He admits several times that they're killing people, the difference between what he's doing and others is that he fights armies, he doesn't rape and pillage villages that are part of his fucking kingdom.

You fucking retard you do realize that the whole point of unifying China is making that same people your own right? Why would you go and rape and butcher your own people? are you braindead? you can't expect people to obey you if you raped their daughters you imbecile.

>>150969626
> a mc who isn't every single shounen mc trope crammed into a one note character?

I didn't know Shin was similar to Yotsuba.

You're embarrassing mate.
>>
>>150969648
>mainstream
>multiple volume releases in a year
>nobody is buying them

Get real you stupid fuck, you cannot be mainstream if you're manga don't even sell when it releases
>>
>>150969804
>He admits several times that they're killing people, the difference between what he's doing and others is that he fights armies
so it's ok?
> You fucking retard you do realize that the whole point of unifying China is making that same people your own right? Why would you go and rape and butcher your own people? are you braindead? you can't expect people to obey you if you raped their daughters you imbecile.
that's my point you absolute retard
>I didn't know Shin was similar to Yotsuba.
now you're not even making any sense
>>
>>150969779
Not him but shin is just a regular soldier who kills enemies on the battlefield. He's not barbaric like Kanki and his men. There are tons of of people like shin in the manga who don't go that far to fuck with the enemy by fucking with innocent civilians so you are just grasping for straws here.

He's never once said "we're the good guys"
>>
>>150969903
>so it's ok?
Altair reader everyone.
>>
>>150969626
>mc who isn't every single shounen mc trope crammed into a one note character?

Yes the same naive MC who believed he could save everyone was sure aimed at adults, especially that funo styled art I'm sure grown men are going to read it
>>
>>150969802
>Why didn't it go into a cute roach fuccboi discussion instead?
Kingdom fans are insecure like that.
>>
>>150969802
Some contrarian faggot got asspained when people said it's a boring historical manga and started talking about Kingdom.

If you check nobody had even mentioned Kingdom before

>Hey this manga is not very good
>I BET YOU LIKE ____
>>
>>150970014
you're comparing something that was only true at the start of the manga (and lead to development) to what has been all kingdom is since chapter 1.
>>
>>150969802
>Why didn't it go into a cute roach fuccboi discussion instead?

see
>>150967881
>>
>>150969903
>so it's ok?

He's fighting as a soldier, you're supposed to be killing your enemies, killing and raping innocents is what most soldiers and kids like shin would see as going to far
>>
>>150969903
>so it's ok?
I think your brain is not ok.

>that's my point you absolute retard
I don't think you even understand your own point. There's 1 edgy retard(Kanki) that does that shit, nobody else does it and it's prohibited by Sei, other than that some small fry do it when nobody's watching but you can't say everyone's like that.

>>150970140
>you're comparing something that was only true at the start of the manga (and lead to development) to what has been all kingdom is since chapter 1.

Except the rest of the manga is literally him being
>i'm a sad ladyboy that knows nothing of the world
>>
>>150969848
>Get real you stupid fuck, you cannot be mainstream if you're manga don't even sell when it releases
After you make a certain point, you are a part of the mainstream, no matter if you sell 50000 or 500000 per volume.
>>
>>150970202
>and it's prohibited by Sei
so prohibited Kanki basically got a promotion out of that
>Except the rest of the manga is literally him being
>i'm a sad ladyboy that knows nothing of the world
that is not even true
>>
>>150966918
I has waited for this, oh yes
>>
>>150970280
>so prohibited Kanki basically got a promotion out of that
Kanki got a promotion because he kills enemy generals left and right. Sei is not dumb have you read the manga at all? Several times he does things that he doesn't like but needs to simply because he can't conquer China otherwise.

Kanki gets a semi free pass as long as he's useful and that's it, if Kanki didn't die he would've gotten a forced retirement anyways when he wasn't needed anymore
>>
>>150970401
and that is why the main characters have no moral high ground
and that's why after they refused Riboku's deal they are now basically villains
this isn't just them not being the bad guys, this isn't "oh but i don't kill villagers so i'm better", they willfully decide to attack and kill for their gain, they're not just not good guys, they're the bad guys.

but good luck having this shallow shounen actually point that out.
>>
>>150970263
>After you make a certain point, you are a part of the mainstream, no matter if you sell 50000 or 500000 per volume.

No, you gotta be a consistent top seller for a while, how can you be mainstream if barely anyone reads your manga retard?
>>
>>150970280
Sei prohibits it, Kanki is one useful guy that saved Qin's asses in the coalition that's why he was promoted, not because Sei likes him he just looks the other way.

Back in the day when a guy tried the same as Kanki he got cut in half by Shin, that guy had no value so he killed him.

You're acting like Shin acts like a moralfag but despite attacking him and having the chance to he still didn't kill Kanki, he doesn't agree with his methods and he hates his guts but he still understands that Kanki is important and you can't just get rid of him

If Shin was the stupid retard you say he is then he would've killed Kanki without thinking what it means for the Kingdom to lose a man like that.
>>
>>150967051
It gets much stronger after the first two volumes. If you don't enjoy it by the time the city raid happens, then it's not for you.
>>
Can we please talk about Altair? Kingdom is one of my favorites, but I really love Altair too.
>>
>>150970516
>50000
>barely anyone
Yeah, sure.
>>
>>150970558
> he's useful so it's ok
that is not how that works, especially since their supposed reason for waging war and killing people is to unite china
unless shin's goal is actually just to get rich, which would make him an even shallower character.
>>
>>150966918
>Director: Kazuhiro Furuhashi (Hunter x Hunter 1999, Rurouni Kenshin TV series and OVAs, Mobile Suit Gundam UC
>Studio: MAPPA
I am in heaven right now
>>
File: r016.jpg (251KB, 869x1255px) Image search: [Google]
r016.jpg
251KB, 869x1255px
>>150970486
>and that is why the main characters have no moral high ground

AND THEY HAVE LITERALLY NEVER SAID THEY DID. READ THE FUCKING MANGA

You do realize that Shin's dream is being a general right? you do realize that he achieves that by killing enemies right? he's not aiming to be a protector of the world you fuckface.

>and that's why after they refused Riboku's deal they are now basically villains
And?

>this isn't just them not being the bad guys, this isn't "oh but i don't kill villagers so i'm better", they willfully decide to attack and kill for their gain, they're not just not good guys, they're the bad guys.
There is a difference between killing your enemies(soldiers) and butchering an entire village that had literally nothing to do with the war you mongoloid. Shin kills soldiers all the time, but he won't attack innocent villages just because he can

If you can't see the difference in that then you have no brain
>>
>>150970692
>that is not how that works
>reason for waging war and killing people is to unite china
Welcome to reality.
>>
>>150970634
Altair's kind of getting mediocre. Or maybe I should say it makes me feel contrary now.

There's been nothing but victories for the protagonist to the point I'm rooting more for the empire at this point. The two most recently killed commanders had you rooting for them until the very end where Mahmut wins again.

I'm guessing it's preparing for the sudden downturn where everything starts going wrong for Turkiye, but it's taking its time and the ones I'd hoped most to spearhead it were taken out like all their peers before them.

Like whose even fucking left to command Empire troops at this point.
>>
Kingdomtards are the new narutards. Kill your miserable selves.
>>
both shokoku no altair and kingdom are enjoyable reads you dips.
>>
>>150970719
STOP TAKING CHARACTERS' SPEECHES AS FACE VALUE
yes, he did all the "ooh i know im so baad" but him wanting to see it through STILL means what he is doing is right, do you really think that whole fucking speech wasn't him just saying "yeh war bad but muh united china right"? the whole thing was just an attempt by the author to somehow justify the protagonists switching from a mostly defensive position to refusing peace and literally invade everyone

> If you can't see the difference in that then you have no brain
the difference is one is armed, considering how fucking useless most foot soldiers are compared to the musou bullshit of the main characters, that isn't saying much.

> And?
that basically makes kingdom's protagonist faction less deep than altair's antagonist faction.
>>
>>150970769
remember when someone raged on about how having a rapist psycho is counterproductive to actually uniting china? what's the fucking point to unification if the people hate you because you "looked the other way" when some guy raped and pillaged their countrymen just because it was easier at the time (which justso happens to be the reason they refused the peace)?
>>
>>150970786
Seems the author gonna go on how Mahmut would face the fact that the Turks gonna be the new Imperial power - this may head to collision with Zaganos Pasha's new Turkish Empire.
>>
File: r017.jpg (491KB, 1590x1138px) Image search: [Google]
r017.jpg
491KB, 1590x1138px
>>150970920
> him wanting to see it through STILL means what he is doing is right
It means that he thinks it's right, yes. why would he do it otherwise? are you on drugs?

Of course Sei thinks he's right you idiot and in no moment he says that he's a good guy or he's going to be super peaceful, Sei wants to rule China because he thinks he's fit for it but there is no moral standpoint where he's supposed to be better than others and he doesn't believe he is, he's literally conquering the land.

>>150971019
It was already done, Kanki had already killed those people.

Why don't you go read shonen manga where the heroes are always the good guys and they never have to swallow it when they can't do anything about what they think? Shin doesn't agree with Kanki but there was no point in killing him, he got their objective and those people were already dead. More people are going to die, he's come to terms with it, that doesn't mean he or his men will do it
>>
>mappa

fuck yes. Altair is one of best series going on right now: my only fear is the part they will end up adapting, fall and rise of Mamur, is treuly the most boring part and we won't get to any major battle
>>
It really triggers me that people call Mahmut dumb and naive when he's probably among the top 3 most mature and intelligent "shounen" protagonists out there. If anything, he's among the ones who most often get PUNISHED when they are being too naive, something I would definitely like to see other manga doing.
He's also pretty unique in having made peace with the establishment and having relatively conservative ambitions instead of being a rebel or outcast or trying to overthrow the corrupt regime or achieving ULTIMATE JUSTICE etc etc
>>
Anime adaptation is just announced and the thread is already full of shitposting.
It bodes well.

I'll probably enoy the show anyway.
>>
>>150970786
Those were super hype chapters, though. Had no idea how it would turn out. The jump was amazing.

Also, the black haired guy has wayyyy too many death flags at this point to survive.
>>
>>150966918
EH this is a pretty generic bishonen manga. I mean I can see why MAPPA is adapting it since they're doing a lot of Fujoshit lately but honestly it's not very good.

It's probably one of the safest historical manga right now, but whatever enjoy it I guess
>>
threads will be hell

>antifujofags
>/pol/fags
>kingdomfags
>>
>>150971274
> It means that he thinks it's right
thank you for agreeing with me! the guy who decided to cause a war on a massive scale, willfully disregarding the cost in both soldier and civillian (because Kanki is still there) lives, when presented to a way out that would have prevented all the above but maybe cause other wars in smaller scale sometime in the remote future, all of this just because he thinks he'd do a pretty good job at ruling all of china, still think he's doing the right thing. without realizing he's just another selfish warmonger.
honestly the problem is that hypocrite thinks he's doing the right thing, instead of thinking he's doing the convenient thing, which he is.

> It was already done, Kanki had already killed those people.
yes, and Kanki, after being granted a promotion because the king looked the other way since he was useful, is toootally going to stop doing the thing he thinks makes him more effective (which means useful).
after all, when someone commits a hineous crime, we just pat him in the back if he's an useful person.
>>
>>150971551
You do realize that nobody had even mentioned Kingdom before a shitposter did right? >>150967881
>>
>>150971476
When I think "generic bishonen manga" I think a color-coded group of archetypical pretty boys who go on a journey and all the fights end with "we'll settle this another time" and nothing actually happens.
>>
>>150967051
I think it gets really good after Turkey states civil war, the battle in the sea with NotVenice and NotGenova was probably the best by a long shot
>>
I'm more interested in Haikara-san.
>>
>>150971658
You do realize that kingdomfags were too weak to ignore him?
>>
>>150971616
Man your bait is already stale, you're just contradicting yourself at this point, and typing like a retard won't make you sound smart, sarcasm is not smart.

You said kingdom was generic shonen manga, now you're literally admiting that the characters are nowhere near generic good guys and they don't even think they are so you're shitting on them for not actually being generic good shonen manga guys.

This is my last (You)
>>
>>150971658
>kingdomfags instantly revealed themselves when their manga got mentioned
So the thread was full of them right from the start.
>>
was the mc trap in this manga?

it means... trap kebab? oh my.
>>
>>150971745
>>150971779
? read >>150967972

You do realize that you can like more than 1 manga right? Anon said all those were better, the only reason the Kingdom topic kept going was because this >>150967881 shitposter kept going after Kingdom >>150968111
>>
>>150971762
that would be true if the protagonists being bad guys would actually pay off in any way, instead the storytelling is going to conveniently ignore all this and go back to presenting them as heroes, because the manga does not really develop any of this, choosing instead to focus more on angry faces getting chopped off and our awesome manly heroes becoming the strongest
that was what that speech was about: not making the reader realize he's now following the bad guys.
besides, characters that say they're not the good guys yet still act with self righteous conviction with narration still justifying their actions at ever turn are still pretty generic

thanks for playing!
>>
>>150971745
>>150971779
>shit on popular series out of nowhere for no reason
>trigger people
>le why are you upset
>>
>>150971875
Nice victim mentality
>>
>>150969463
>it's Altair, the one literally aimed at 13 years old
Shounen Sirius is literally "aimed at late teens and people in their early 20s."
>>
does anyone have that page where mc goes trap?
>>
>>150972055
Go back to wherever you came from.
>>
Are Kingdomfags just bitter since their anime is CG shit?
>>
>>150972055
Kingdom stopped being popular on /a/ around the time when turnip farmers caught up with the raws, back when they were releasing 4-5 chapters a week.
Speaking of which, it was pretty cool back there.
>>
>>150972152
Doubt they are considering it's one of the best selling manga.
>>
File: honeymoon.png (476KB, 936x1382px) Image search: [Google]
honeymoon.png
476KB, 936x1382px
>>150971845
>>150972130
Oh yes.
>>
File: cute_merchant_girls(male).jpg (227KB, 720x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cute_merchant_girls(male).jpg
227KB, 720x1024px
>>150972477
Niki on the camel is a merchant girl(girl) though
>>
>>150972370
>Kingdom stopped being popular on /a/ around the time when turnip farmers caught up with the raws
You mean the discussion, people didn't stop reading it anon, they just avoid historical spoilers.

The thing is that if out of nowhere I start calling a series that people like shit it's obvious someone's going to get triggered, you don't need to be a genius to realize that.
>>
>>150970656
Yes this is retard.

50 000 is nothing, main stream manga sell hundreds of thousands and millions
>>
>>150972624
Not shit, just kinda mediocre.
Lack of discussion generally means loss of interest and i don't think a lot of peopl are concerned about historical spoilers, nor do i remember seeing many in the threads.
>>
>>150972639
Calling 50000 nothing is dumb, especially for manga that get published in small magazines but you're right it's not really mainstream either.
>>
>>150972639
You are the retard.

Those who sell millions are the exceptions out of exceptions, you can count them by fingers alone.
>>
>this gets an anime before Historie

I'm getting Arslan vibes.
>>
>>150972951
By Arslan vibes you mean what?
>>
>>150972951
Well it's fujo just like Arslan, that's the reason it gets an anime. You didn't think it was because they're good right.
>>
>>150971680
Yeah, but even 2 cours would only fits into just before the Balt-Rhein offensive. Most of the anime would just the prologue to the great war - i.e. the Turkish civil war, Negotiations, Trade Wars, Rod Orm infiltrations, and the formation of the Alliance. It won't get to the real meat.
>>
Looking forward to seeing that one tightsuit slut get bullied repeatedly.
Is she even still alive in the mangs? Did the shota chop off any more of her limbs?
>>
>>150972764
And i also said hundreds thousands like at the very least over 300k volume average.

50k is nothing you stupid fuck and any manga that sells on average like that is not mainstream.

I can't believe you're dumb brain can't process what mainstream even means.
>>
>>150966918
As a roach myself, I'm looking forward to this. Maybe I'll just read it.
>>
>>150973172
I can't believe you're dumb brain can't process what mainstream even means.
>>
File: 009.png (473KB, 975x1400px) Image search: [Google]
009.png
473KB, 975x1400px
Starting well already, heh?
>>
>>150966918
What's with this Furuhashi comeback? He's doing two films next year, and now this? I hope he's as good as he was with Hunter x Hunter and Trust and Betrayal. More excited for the movies, but whatever. How's the manga?
>>
File: JannissaryRubbingCheeks.jpg (301KB, 1500x1004px) Image search: [Google]
JannissaryRubbingCheeks.jpg
301KB, 1500x1004px
>>150966918
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLcvmSlrRUg
YES!!
I wonder if they going to broadcast this in Turkey
>>
File: Golden Eagle's Pursuit.jpg (469KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Golden Eagle's Pursuit.jpg
469KB, 848x1200px
>>150975019
>How's the manga?
Pretty good
>>
>>150975170
> they kill fluffy mc tits
;_;
She wasn't even armed, goddamn turks.
>>
File: img000004[1].png (3MB, 1975x1400px) Image search: [Google]
img000004[1].png
3MB, 1975x1400px
>>150975428
mind you those guys killed MC's mentor and put his head on the pike earlier
>>
>>150975558
Well, he was armed and a high grade military leader.
It's always kind of weird how a lot of historical war mangas usually go with a no prisoners policy.
>>
File: 17_196.jpg (654KB, 1125x1600px) Image search: [Google]
17_196.jpg
654KB, 1125x1600px
>all these anons coming in complaining that it's fujoshit

Just wait guys
>>
>>150975814
thats some quality ottoman pussy right there
>>
>>150975814
i wonder if we'll get to MC getting molested by that one noble cake.
>>
>>150976138
kek
I wonder how much chapters the anime would cover though. There's 17 volumes worth of material right now
>>
File: img000023[1].png (715KB, 970x1400px) Image search: [Google]
img000023[1].png
715KB, 970x1400px
>>150976138
oh yeah
>>
>>150976028
That's that Empire chick though
I forget her name. Always with that long, blonde haired dude.
>>
>>150975814
> hot while half naked
> awesome on the battlefield
> adorable when she fails
Why is Reredrick the best?
>>
>>150976516
That's another lady, not a dude
>>
File: 17_198.jpg (548KB, 1125x1600px) Image search: [Google]
17_198.jpg
548KB, 1125x1600px
>>150977690
You mean
Wait
I thought he was a guy this whole time
>>
>>150977690
Holy shit you're right, she's losted as a female advisor on every japanese fansite i can find.
Was it even mentioned?
>>
>>150977937
iirc she is imperial not!circassian beauty
>>
>>150974717
>I love you more than anybody else
>Then kills him
he's THAT much hated huh?
>>
>>150972951
>I'm getting Arslan vibes.
both are turk and fujobait, thought Altair has intigruing diplomacy
>>
>>150978889
Scanlations all have him as a guy
>>
>>150966918

Who cares when Aniplex is just going to find some way to overhype whatever it is and then run it into the ground. Enjoy your super political casting to bait all the otaku/fujo tards in Japan like Yuki Kaji as MC and Yuuki Aoi, Inori Minase or Sora Amamiya as whatever the highest billed female character is and every key dramatic scene being drowned out and pushed practically into the background by shitty Sawano music. Furuhashi is a proven solid director, but if Aniplex saddles him with too many demands to promote Sony Music stuff and only gives him like 12 episodes to work with like usual it's not really going to make a difference even if the source is good too.
>>
>>150971406

Are you honestly surprised given the producer is Aniplex and the kinds of shitheads they attract. Granted it could have been anybody and I'm sure people would immediately launch into shitposting because it's a predominantly male cast and we're 2016 /a/
>>
When will that dancer girl come back?
We all know Altair is staying pure for her.
>>
There seems to be some sort of correlation between anime become increasingly shitty and anime fans revealing themselves to be increasing shitty people
>>
>>150980000
quads confirm
>>
>>150966918
>started off good
>could barely make out the time period
>author doesn't want to make it historical
>made the turks some kind of weird polytheists
>no balls to explain their weird sufi/sunni islam
>generic imperial power
>no byzantium
>no holy romans
>no balkan kingdoms
>all that focus on fucking "italian" kingdoms
>main character slowly moves from having a love interest in a belly dancing skank
>to being a fuckboi passed between strong male influences
Its shit. The anime will be shit because they're gonna make it complete fujoshit. Bellysis is probably going to be written out.
>>
File: img000037[1].png (544KB, 984x1400px) Image search: [Google]
img000037[1].png
544KB, 984x1400px
>>150979995
>Altair
its Mahmut Ertuğrul Pasha Bey
>We all know Altair is staying pure for her.
His boyapricot already got claimed by Zehir Zağanos Pasha, Anon...
>>
File: 1481763908274.jpg (2MB, 1773x1997px) Image search: [Google]
1481763908274.jpg
2MB, 1773x1997px
>>150966918
FURUHASHI
>FURUHASHI
FURUHASHI
>FURUHASHI
FURUHASHI
>FURUHASHI
FURUHASHI
>FURUHASHI
FURUHASHI
>FURUHASHI
FURUHASHI
>FURUHASHI
FURUHASHI
>FURUHASHI
FURUHASHI
>FURUHASHI
FURUHASHI
>FURUHASHI
FURUHASHI
>FURUHASHI
FURUHASHI
>FURUHASHI
FURUHASHI
>FURUHASHI
>>
>>150966918
Never heard of it. Why not revive Kingdom instead?
>>
>>150980165
>started off good
yes
>author doesn't want to make it historical
because its kinda reverse history (ie notHRE conquering notConstantinople)

>made the turks some kind of weird polytheists
>no balls to explain their weird sufi/sunni islam
yeah i don't get this either, they are worshipping some ancient anatolian god
but some translations suggest that they are worshipping to souls which was common practice in pre islamic turks
>generic imperial power
not-HRE
>no byzantium
Phonecian Empire
>no holy romans
Balt-Rhein Empire
>no balkan kingdoms
Arado Kingdom (aka pro-turkish Vlad the Impaler)
>all that focus on fucking "italian" kingdoms
Turks had diplo good relations with italians back then
>main character slowly moves from having a love interest in a belly dancing skank
>to being a fuckboi passed between strong male influences
gotta keep the fujobux stronk
also author ships him with that Ottoman princess in spin-off
>>
>>150980419
So fujoshit. Who cares.
>>
>>150980403
Does Kingdom attracts Fujoshits?
Also Turks are pretty untapped area
>>
File: img000019[1].png (345KB, 960x1400px) Image search: [Google]
img000019[1].png
345KB, 960x1400px
>>150980482
Also Trapshit
All female waifus became irrevelant
>>
>>150980486
Kingdom attracts mainstream.
>>
>>150980419
>Ottoman princess
who
>>
>>150980527
So nobody will care on /a/. Thus irrelevant.
>>
File: slut and pure girl.jpg (111KB, 500x586px) Image search: [Google]
slut and pure girl.jpg
111KB, 500x586px
>>150980527
>All female waifus
there's like, 3 of them? not counting the dead ones, the antagonists and the rapist cakes.
>>
>>150966918
WHERE THE HELL IS THE DREAM MACHINE MAPPA!?

Goddammit it, it's endless adaptation after adaptation.
>>
File: 36163019_p51_master1200.jpg (236KB, 560x629px) Image search: [Google]
36163019_p51_master1200.jpg
236KB, 560x629px
>>150980653
>Imperial Mountaineer Waifu
>Imperial Commander Waifu
>Le Happy Merchant Nikki
>not!Vlad the Impaler's daughters
>Ottoman MILF
>Turkish Tomoko Princess
>Cigany waifu
>Dancers
>Negro spy
>Imperial PM's waifu
do i missed anyone?
>>
File: img000004[3].png (358KB, 720x1024px) Image search: [Google]
img000004[3].png
358KB, 720x1024px
>>150980568
Armut Ayşe Hanım
>>
File: turkoboi in greekboi dress.png (259KB, 864x1267px) Image search: [Google]
turkoboi in greekboi dress.png
259KB, 864x1267px
>>150966918
i hope they hire Shikamaru's VA from Naruto to voice the Kyros
>>
File: and then she loses an arm.png (96KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
and then she loses an arm.png
96KB, 500x372px
>>150981067
let's add the cripple while we're at it
>>
>>150980419
>Phonecian Empire
I thought the phonecians replaced the arabs here?
>>
>anime adaptation
Well I guess that spells the end of decent threads for this series. Hope the anime is good regardless.
>>
>>150981741
Wait, this was getting threads?
>>
>>150981769
When a new chapter hits, yeah. Same as most other manga that has some sort of following on here.
>>
>>150981661
Byzantines are Phonecians in this manga
also note that Empire conquers their capital on the same day that Mehmed II conquered Constantinople
>>
>>150981811
Also Turks and Greeks are bros in this universe for some reason
>>
>fujo
>fujo
>fujo
Why is everybody saying it's fujo shit? Is it because the characters don't look horrible? The manga is basically a retelling of WWI, but set in the 1700s. The ideas might not be completely fleshed out and sometimes glossed over, but it's still an intriguing story. Personally, I can't wait to see more of it.
>>
>>150981881
i dunno man
Maybe one of the turkish sultan is raging homosexual that his janissary corps are full of pretty boys?
>>
File: img000010[1].png (716KB, 970x1400px) Image search: [Google]
img000010[1].png
716KB, 970x1400px
>>150982032
or not!Romanian cavity search?
>>
File: firefox_2016-12-15_23-17-16.png (614KB, 804x900px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-12-15_23-17-16.png
614KB, 804x900px
>>150982132
>>
>>150981881

Anything with a predominantly male cast is fujo to /a/ in 2016. To be fair though the art style does look a little typical fujobait so I get where people are coming from off the initial announcement and Aniplex did state that they planned on going extra hard after the Fujoshi crowds in 2017 as the coveted emerging demographic. Once you realize that anime is overwhelming still fixated on pandering to fanatical demographics in Japan a lot more about it's production processes make more sense
>>
>>150982032
isn't that the guy who gets shot through the heart, and he's to blame?
that's like saying drifters is fujoshit because of this one average frenchman
>>
File: img000019[1].png (2MB, 1451x1024px) Image search: [Google]
img000019[1].png
2MB, 1451x1024px
>>150982187
oh and what about "jewing the whole merchant republic while crossdressing" arc?
>>
>>150967051
Honestly the first part was really forgettable up until the battle of Phoenicia. I hope they don't spend too much time on the first arc.
>>
>>150982203
>drifter
whats the name of the fuccboi warrior anyway?
you know, the one who looks like girl
>>
File: fujoshit.png (2MB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fujoshit.png
2MB, 848x1200px
Why do people like this boring fujoshit again?
>>
File: 1416930045360.jpg (20KB, 474x720px) Image search: [Google]
1416930045360.jpg
20KB, 474x720px
>>150979903
>Yuki Kaji as Mahmut
I just came a little.
>>
File: hand over it infidel-kun.png (1MB, 750x675px) Image search: [Google]
hand over it infidel-kun.png
1MB, 750x675px
>>150982340
since when Mahmut gone full ISIS holy shit
>>
>>150981559

It's Aniplex produced so expect the same old production committee favorites for the cast. Hanae, Kaji, Kamiya, Saito, Nakata for males and maximum fujo baiting, Aoi, Sawashiro, Trysail, Minase for any male fans that might stray into it though from the sounds of it the female cast is pretty limited so they might have to make a concession or two. You can pretty much count on it for the male cast though as virtually every fujo bait anime has had the exact same casting choices for a while now and everybody knows by now which ones the fujos respond to the most when it comes time for the event tickets and packed in drama CD's.
>>
>>150982319
nasu no yoichi
>>
>>150982393

It's practically a given, that's just how this stuff works. Also why but really you don't actually have to answer? He's not the worst VA or anything but he's not exactly a limited commodity.
>>
>>150982396
See >>150975558
It was fair game, and Pineau knew it.
>>
>>150982396
the enemy started it >>150975558
also they don't rape the qts, they just stab them dead
>>
>>150971291
We'll likely just get the first town under siege and the fall of Phonecia, but past that will likely be another season (if it goes on for more than one). The fall of Phonecia would be a great place to stop, in all honesty, since it gives closure to that arc, but also allows for a continuation.
>>
>>150982432
>he's not exactly a limited commodity.
I know, right? What a time to be alive.
>>
>>150982626

To bad throwing popular voice actors at shows can't magically make the scripts any better.
>>
File: japan sülo.jpg (233KB, 730x1152px) Image search: [Google]
japan sülo.jpg
233KB, 730x1152px
>>150982397
turks making lotta soap operas about ottomans lately and appearantly it sold well in balkans and middle east
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVrd9tO8M4g
wonder what would their take on this twink fujoshit

oh and there is another manga about turks that depict Suleiman I as some high-elf
>>
>>150982745
Well the script won't be a problem here, but I don't mind either. I mean I listen to half the shitty drama CDs he stars in.
>>
>>150982750
kind of like when china made a 100+ episodes tv show of the war of the three kingdoms?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYpJ37ulsnk
>>
>>150983005
i fucking love cao cao
what a smug cunt
>>
>>150982393
was living under the rock
can you give me sample voice of the VA?
>>
>>150983475
>sample voice of kaji yuki
Watch literally any anime.
>>
>>150983684
im bad with the names eh
>>
>>150982203
is it just me or that guy looks like Dio from JoJo
>>
File: undercover turkoboi 1.png (421KB, 936x1369px) Image search: [Google]
undercover turkoboi 1.png
421KB, 936x1369px
>>150972477
>>
>>150982421
thanks anon
>>
>>150966918
Is this yet more fujoshit?
>>
File: 1372429445487.jpg (100KB, 429x408px) Image search: [Google]
1372429445487.jpg
100KB, 429x408px
>>150967072
>Yuri on Ice
>>
Will watch for the cute boy.
>>
>>150966918

It's yet another literally first time I've ever heard about a franchise as it's getting an adaptation that apparently has been in high demand for years but again somehow the first time I've ever heard about it.
>>
>>150966918
>Turks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STbLkBZSOlc
we should make Altair version of this ^
>>
>>150966918
when will it start?
>>
>>150975148
Speaking of OSTs are they gonna use Mehter or its remixes?
iirc Magnificent Century did really good ones
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1_vmV7Z7oz0
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xWfYqxDPi5Q
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O34YMb1N5TA
Or they gonna go for generic european like Arslan did?
>>
>>150982555
What a waste...
>>
>>150968562
I tried reading some of it after the first thread here and I didn't really like it either. It's a shame, I really like the art too.
>>
>>150982032
>>150982132
>>150982263
Jesus. Gay as shit
>>
You know what would be funny? If "Project Altair" turned out to be an Assassin's Creed adaptation meant to hype up the japanese release of the movie.
Thread posts: 208
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.