[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Diamond is Unbreakable so upbeat and lively compared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

Why was Diamond is Unbreakable so upbeat and lively compared to all the other JoJo arcs?
>>
>>150959455
Small town murder mystery rather than traveling around the world, which also casted a small young cast of school kids. Its why JoJolion, which is also a small town mystery, feels different. Cast is older and MC has only one true ally.
>>
>>150959455
Just a thought but isn't it based on araki's hometown? Araki seems like one of those guys that had fond memories of his hometown. Plus lets face it, Rohan Kishibe is his self-insert in the series
>>
>>150959455
My read is it's because of Josuke's stand.
It's ability to nullify consequence makes the series upbeat where it might normally be tragic
>>
Because the suffering and best arc is Stone Ocean, and you need two more upbeat sagas to prepare yourself for it
>>
>>150959798
I still refuse that part and I will until I die.
>>
>>150959527
Yes, and S-City is Sendai
>>
>>150959750
Little bit of this. Okuyasu would have died numerous times over if not for Crazy Diamond
>>
>>150959916
>I still refuse that part
Huh?
>>
>>150959455
Because the second best Jojo, Josuke "Heal slut" Higashikata is son of best JoJo
>>
because it has best jojo and best brojo
>>
>>150960747
?
>>
Because he tries something new in every Part so it doesn't get stale and he decided to do something lighthearted after DIO was finally dealt with. It's a refresher after the first 3, and also tricks you into thinking that 5 and 6 will be lighthearted too when they end up being the complete opposite and having some of the most upsetting deaths in the series outside of YOU KNOW WHO from 7.
>>
>>150961682
You know who?
>>
>>150961715
The guy introduced in the very first chapter who is super likeable but his last name instantly clues you in on the fact that he's going to die Gyro Zeppeli
>>
Because every single fucking vampire is finally dead, happy sunshine time follows.
>>
>>150961777
But the guy who sold a vampire his super arrows and that vampire's best buddy are still around.
>>
>>150961838
Where's the gay priest when you need him?
>>
>>150961682
Jotaro's death wasn't upsetting considering every one dies 5 minute later
>>
Slice of life part that Araki looks back on with shame and then immediately switched the tone for the rest of the series to be much more dark
>>
You guys ready for the 180 everyone's gonna pull on Part V once it gets animated?
>>
Because it's a bunch of teenagers fucking around.
>>
>>150959455
>upbeat and lively
Did you know? This is the oldschool definition of "gay".
>>
>>150959455

Smaller scale, with more "filler" that isn't directly related to the darker main plot.
>>
Better villain cast. Kira was around more than dio who was just bowser in a castle.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.