[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occultic Nine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Occult-Nine-Soulreaperzone.jpg (219KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Occult-Nine-Soulreaperzone.jpg
219KB, 1400x700px
So, is the series actually picking up or is it mediocre?

So far I've only heard about the cow tits and how much worse it is than steins;gate, but also about a big twist.
>>
V1 sold 900 copies.
It's shit
>>
File: 1393811862699.jpg (33KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1393811862699.jpg
33KB, 500x359px
This is the standard response to this question, OP. The three-episode rule exists for a reason.
>>
>>150941756
It's surprisingly pretty interesting, decidedly better than any other science;adventure that isn't S;G.

>>150941830
>Judging anime by how much they sold
>>
>>150941756
It's nice, nothing incredible but also not shit like everyone seems to be parroting. The talking speed and various animation/camera stuff they're playing around with seem to be a turn off for people. Plenty of foreshadowing and room for speculation. The mystery genre could use more decent shows like this.
>>150941830
>It isn't selling a million copies so it has to be bad!
Go back to your stalker containment threads.
>>
It's really good but not casual friendly, hence poor sales.
>>
>>150941756
It started pretty poorly, but has definitely improved.
It's not AOTS, but interesting enough to pick up if you want some kinda-weird paranormal stuff.
Lots of little references to obscure /x/ type stuff, so if you enjoy that kind of thing, its worth a watch.
>>
>>150941756
Was in the same situation as you, ended up really glad i gave it a shot.
>>
It's anime of the season.
>>
>>150941756
Both.
>>
>>150941756
It's great, but not really easy to follow. It's fun to see everyone talk like they just chugged down a 6-pack of red bull.
>>
>>150941756
the direction is top notch. the story has substance and the twist is above average.

The problem lies in that usually stories that require you to pay attention to what is being said don't overflow you with visuals. This series overflows you with both visuals and dialogue at the same time, confusing the human mind. Some people like this dissonance and most won't.

Similar effect of listening to harsh music.
>>
>>150944710
Why did Tatami Galaxy sell then?
>>
>>150945081
Isn't the original novel really popular?
>>
>>150945302
Probably, but the point is that the anime is highly regarded everywhere, even though it overflows you with visuals and dialogue, so I'm pretty sure they're not the reason for O;9 failure.
>>
>>150945081
Tatami Galaxi had speed talking onlu during the begining of the first two episodes. Then it improved to regular speed of story talking.
O:9 is not slowing down a bit. Once you see there is more than one character on screen, you gotta prepare yourself to pause.
>>
>>150941756
It's not bad, but there are things that make it rank below things like Steins;Gate.

The speech speed is FAR too fast. In episode 1 it was fine, but now it's getting annoying.

It's a decent mystery, but you can tell A1 is involved because of the weird, not quite perfect style (for example, last episode there was a shitton of angled shots that got more nauseating than interesting)

Give it a shot, don't feel bad if you want to drop it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.