[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kimi no Na Wa/Your Name

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 20

File: Your Name.jpg (798KB, 2727x4090px) Image search: [Google]
Your Name.jpg
798KB, 2727x4090px
>that moment on the bridge where they teased the end of 5cm per second
Fuck you PTSD, fuck you Shinkai.
What did you think of it?
>>
The ending dragged on way too long anyway, there were at least two opportunities to end where it didn't, almost ROTK levels of failure to end.
>>
>>150922947
I bet miyazaki is real salty
>>
>>150921816
>5 minutes too long
>comparable to the RoTK 40 minutes of extension
Cut out Okudera, the job interviews and that stint in the library and we're gold.
>>
File: IMG_20161214_145748.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161214_145748.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
Ded

DED
>>
>>150923414
Why would he give a shit? Howl's Moving Castle is decades ago.
>>
>>150923580
What the fuck? It's 170 where I live.

Anyways I really enjoyed watching it today. I'm just pressed when people laugh out loud at the "Watashi, Watakushi, Boku, Ore" part.
>>
How did your cinema's subs handle the "watashi/watakushi/boku/ore" gag?

Some anons said that their subs had "a girl like me" as a translation for "watashi", but mine literally just slapped "watashi (me: feminine)/ watakushi (me: feminine)/etc." in there without even labeling them as TL notes.
>>
>>150924002
Meant to quote
>>150923990 but I guess an open question works too
>>
>>150924026
I'm afraid I was too distracted to remember but pretty sure it's the latter.
>>
>>150923990
>I'm just pressed when people laugh out loud at the "Watashi, Watakushi, Boku, Ore" part.
My cinema had a confused little girl talking over the part where they were running around the rim of the crater
>>
They could make a series of this.
>>
>>150922947
>meme magic
It's called positive word of mouth, anon.
>>
>>150921268

It was good, I liked it more than 5cm/s which I didn't enjoy, but the drama still felt shoe-horned.

Okay, so you've got a body swap plot with a twist in that one of the people is from the past and is also dead with the narrative being about her death being prevented. Fine, that's a good premise. But why the name forgetting? Was there actually an explanation for that or was it just to make things more dramatic and melancholy? I didn't like that aspect, it felt unnatural.
>>
>>150923756
Why? Hackoto Shinkai's work are fairly decent at animation and production values and it sounds like a decent story not involving an otaku or moe characters.
Not that I watched it yet though. I just hope it doesn't end with a shitty song like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KQBiFIn0bo
>>
>>150924002
Cinema here put a TL note for the boku/ore stuff, but it didn't seem like a lot of people understood what it meant as the reaction was a bit lacking.
>>
>>150924002
It just said "I (boku)... I (ore)... I (watashi)" or something like that. My screening was half japs so they found it hilarious.
>>
>>150924610
>But why the name forgetting? Was there actually an explanation for that or was it just to make things more dramatic and melancholy? I didn't like that aspect, it felt unnatural.
There's no reason for Mitsuha to suddenly forget.

Taki forgetting is down to his history being rewritten. How are you going to remember something that never happened as far as you're concerned.

The only thing he should remember is Mitsuha giving him the braid. Even though it was only missing to her for a day, he still had 3 years with that thing since time was only rewritten from the day of the impact, onwards. Also, Grandma did say that she couldn't remember the life of the person she jumped into, so I assume her memories just drifted as time went on, like how dreams are really vivid the moment you wake up, but unless you actively try to remember every detail throughout the day, you will soon forget.

It's one of the things you have to suspend disbelief for.
>>
>>150924652
My screening had people howling. But I just assumed that they were laughing because the subs were basically nudging and nudging with DIS IS THE JOKE.
>>
>>150924720
>>150924610
The reason they were forgetting is because it's basically a lucid dream for them, and dream memories are hard to keep.
>>
>>150924002
Mine just used I or me I can't remember which and the whole theatre was laughing.
I guess we had high level weebs?
>>
>>150924610
>>150924720
Hitoha-san already explained that.
>>
>>150924610
>>150924720
What was harder to suspend disbelief for was Taki's phone conveniently deleting all traces of Mitsuha from its logs as soon as he realized she was dead.

Especially since it contradicted the internal logic of the film at other points. OK, I can accept their memories constantly imploding due to the major usage of dreams as a motif, but up until then and after all physical evidence remained intact even while their memories came and went like the tide. Taki's phone was literally the only thing that got affected by diabolus ex machina. Taki's sketches didn't, Mitsuha's braid didn't, and Taki writing "I love you" on Mitsuha's palm didn't get deleted either.
>>
>>150924783
Yeah, that annoyed me. It was way too convenient
>>
>>150924547
>https://angryanimebitches.com/2016/11/thoughts-on-kimi-no-na-wa/

Season 2 when?
>>
>that goddamned falsetto
Why? Taki as Mitsuha never spoke in forced baritone.
>>
>>150924783
>>150924817
Maybe everything related to swapping are considered a dream thing.
Kumihimo isn't because it's the art of God. (Taki pen can't travel through time even though it was in Mitsuha hand).
Sketchs is what Taki drew from his memory.
Sukida writing is actually written on Mitsuha hand.
>>
>>150924888
Taki still got the braid. That is a physical object that was passed to him before time got changed.

He doesn't have to remember how he got it, or where he got it from, but he certainly had it and there should be photos of him, wearing it.

They can justify him 'losing' it on top of the Miyamizu shrine as to why it disappeared once he went to Itomori. But they can't handwave it out of existence.
>>
>>150924873
>Why? Taki as Mitsuha never spoke in forced baritone.
Takiha speaks in a noticeably rougher and deeper voice than Mitsuha even if it isn't as extreme as Mitsuki's falsetto.
>>
>>150924990
He physically returned it during the twilight event.
>>
>>150924888
>Taki pen can't travel through time
But apparently Mitsuha ribbon can.
>>
>>150924888
Yeah, but he got it outside swapping (at least on his side), so that isn't a dream.
>>
>>150925048
Sure, because it's the godly art of musubi.
>>
>>150925017
I'm talking in context of how he remembers it. When he's 22, he doesn't remember why he went to Itomori and slept on a mountain top; just that he had an obsession with it. As far as he should be concerned, the braid went missing around that time for whatever reason you want to imagine.

However, they can't undo that he had the braid. It got to him before the meteor hit, before time was rewritten. He couldn't return it until 3 years later. So he had 3 years wearing it.

The braid is musubi magic incarnate and the only real 'evidence' of anything ever happening.
>>
>>150925130
Yeah, it's also the symbol of red string of fate. If there is a musubi god, he actually did a well crafted loop for his miko.
>>
>>150925202
>Shinkai writes a sequel movie to Kimi no Na Wa
>it's a Nasu-esque sci-fi fantasy thriller where the musubi god is actually an ancient ayylien who used his powers to stop another invading ayylien from establishing itself on Earth
>but now more are coming
>>
>>150925202
>yfw Taki isn't actually in love, but thinks of Mitsuha as a thief that stole his lucky charm.
>>
>>150925256
I really think that way.
The musubi god is too powerful, he can even control time and fate. So the enemy needs to cut that god's connection with human (the shrine) in order to make their invasion successful. The true identity of the enemy is the same one as in the Voice from the Distant Star, the comets are actually their long-range weapon.
>>
>>150925130
Mitsuha's side of the story should be a lot more clear though, right?

Both her father and her grandma were aware that she was being periodically possessed by another person, and moreover this person had confronted her father about the village being destroyed by a meteor before it ever happened.

And then the village actually was destroyed, confirming this mysterious person who inhabited Mitsuha's body was telling the truth and had knowledge from the future.

Moreover, Mitsuha should still know that this person was in love with her, and that she reciprocated his feelings.

I guess she had no idea what his real identity was anymore though, merely that he existed.
>>
>>150925373
Seeing how Okudera senpai has a hazy memory about their trip to Itomori, I'm afraid that everyone would be the same, maybe except Hitoha-san because she is the head priest of Miyamiza shrine.
>>
>>150924783
fucking hell. that wasnt even necessary. letting the notes remain and his memory of her fading would've given more grounds for him to pursue his intuition.
>>
>>150925373
Kinda.

Her friends, Yotsuha and dad played it down to her acting weird and probably would have forgotten outside of a time in their lives where Mitsuha acted a bit weird (you could just blame teenage angst) and a lucky guess.

Granny could probably piece together for them if she met Taki, told them about bodyswapping dreams and contextualised it with Taki's mannerisms and how Mitsuha would suddenly change on certain days. But I honestly doubt they'd care. They're bound together by love anyway, the past is irrelevant after they meet up again.

Same goes for the braid. Taki should remember having something similar in the past, although I doubt he'd be able to identify the one Mitsuha wears as the exact same one.

The braid and granny are probably the only two things that could reveal anything, and I doubt they'd even give it a either thought once their relationship starts, proper.

>>150925451
Okudera and Tsukasa can be excused for having hazy memories since they were actively being rewritten by timeline changes. It's a bit more muddy for people from Itomori, because nothing was ever changed for them. They're always moving forward through time. Whereas Taki, Tsukasa, Okudera and everyone else had their lives change in retrospect.

>all these [Deleted] posts
Someone just got banned.
>>
>>150921268
The story's pretty dumb and full of plot holes.
Why didn't they really try to call or mail each other?
Did they never check a calendar?
>>
>>150925616
Also, other physical traces could still be around.

Anything Taki noted down in Mitsuha's notebooks, if she still has them, will still be there and have Taki's drawings and handwriting inside. Any physical reminders would have to be before the day of the meteor strike.

But let's be honest, how many people have kept their stuff from high school once they hit their mid 20s?
>>
>>150925731
Taki tried to call but it failed.
The date thing was meant to get the viewer offguard.
>>
>>150925731
Can't really defend the mailing and calling thing. All I could say is Shinkai aware of this point and have Taki stated that they try to contact each other before but no avail in the novel. I don't know why he won't do the same thing in the movie, maybe the first call is more shocking?

For the calendar, they were dreaming so they didn't bother checking it.
>>
>>150923461
The job interviews were supposed to show the lasting subconscious impact that the rural scenery of Itomori had on him.
>>
But who was world line A
>>
>>150925731
I don't know about in japan, but when I was in school we dated stuff, so I have no idea how someone can go to school and not notice that they are in a completely different year.
>>
>>150926393
It is possible when you're dreaming.
>>
>>150926440
They were pretty lucid in their "dreams" though.
>>
>>150926629
Being self aware in a dream doesn't guarantee you'll remember what it was. Been there.
>>
>>150926694
They were making notes of things that they thought the other would need to know, E.g the date the dude went on. I'm pretty sure if either of them noticed the year was different at any point, they would think that is big enough of a thing to warrant an instant note to inform the other person.
>>
>>150924002
Mine didn't translate the lines and just left "Watashi" etc in the subs
Whole theater was full of Chinese couples or white dudes with Asian girlfriends.
Whole theater burst out laughing, it was glorious.
>>
>>150925731
>Why didn't they really try to call or mail each other?

You do know both Mitsuha and Taki tried to call each other, right? Have you even watched the movie?
>>
Absolutely lovely movie, shame that I had to watch it through a terrible interlaced, watermarked, SD screener rip. When is it coming to Germany?

I loved the strong contrast between urban/rural, traditional/modern, man/woman, Iphone generations.

The way Mizuha and Taki influenced each others lives in the month they shared, such as Mizuha gaining the confidence to stand up against her father in the finale, was only partially shown on screen but it was great.

I wonder if the comet disaster intentionally relates to the many small coastal towns that were wiped out in the tsunami 2011, that still haven't been rebuilt to this day. Either way it's fantastically done.

There will never be a cute miko that does time travelling body swap shenanigans with you to save her village ;_;
>>
>>150921268
They already spoiled the movie during the OP.
You have the scene when Mitsuha went to visit him 3years back and adult Mitsuha, you can see the ending from miles away.
>>
>>150924002
>Some anons said that their subs had "a girl like me" as a translation for "watashi"
That was the dub.
>>
>>150926960
>you can see the ending from miles away
Unless you are expecting Makoto Shinkai to carry on being Makoto Shinkai.
>>
>>150926960
>You have the scene when Mitsuha went to visit him 3years back
Which, without any context whatsoever, isn't that easy to make much sense of.

>and adult Mitsuha
Which is what makes the meteor strike a surprise

>you can see the ending from miles away
Unless you saw 5 centimetres per second or Garden of Words
>>
>>150926960
Uh no, anyone assumes those are flashbacks when in reality they're flashforwards.
>>
>>150926955
tfw you will never drink off a fermented miko's spit just to go back in time
>>
>>150921268
Got to where I'm like "Well that was a good ending" and then looked at the bar and saw that I was only halfway through. Was delighted at first and then it got kind of long.
>>
>>150927409
What?
When they showed the part where Mitsuha gave out her name and hair ribbon, I knew the OP was like some sort of preview. The timeskip forward was expected at that point.
>>
>>150925578
Doing so would have been a more effective device than Shinkai clumsily trying to convey that nagging feeling that they were missing something in their lives.

The movie also deserves a more solid ending than what we got. Tears, name drop and sudden cut is not what I had in mind.
>>
File: emo teen 'toon.png (1MB, 2025x1785px) Image search: [Google]
emo teen 'toon.png
1MB, 2025x1785px
what is this
>>
Too that anon who own the visual guide book, from yesterday's thread.

Do you have blog/personal site ? I really hope if you could post more pics of it.
>>
I really wanted more. I'm gonna cry if they announce a TV series for this. Probably gonna wait until BD release.
>>
>>150927892
>emo
Huh? Japanese teenagers don't become emo, they become chuuni.
>>
>>150927892
I guess normalfags and non weab just can't appreciate this kind of movie. Guess Zootopia or Moana is going to take home the oscar this year eh
>>
I only have two issues with this movie.

>Diary notes dissapearing from the cellphone
I get that their memories might be obfuscated or erased or temporarily locked away or something like that. But the cellphone seems like a major stretch of disbelief to me.

>Unsatisfying ending
I wanted to see how their lives ended up after meeting each other.
>>
>>150927892
>Normalfags review a movie
It wasn't about a caped superhero punching bad guys, 3/10 it's shit
>>
>>150927892

It's fake

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/nov/20/your-name-review-makoto-shinkai
>>
>>150928029
But it's well-received by normalfags though

At least in my country

That guy probably just didn't know what he was watching
>>
>>150928096
Non-stop hand-holding.
>>
>>150928113
Nope

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/nov/17/your-name-review-makoto-shinkai-animation

But this review is the exception, it's quite liked elsewhere.
>>
>>150928184
Disgusting
>>
>>150924002
My theatre in Dublin laughed fairly hard at that part and only maybe a tenth of the audience were Asian.

I think the only part to get a bigger laugh was Taki groping the tits while crying.
>>
>>150928198

Huh. Well if it's an consolation, The better review is mark kermode, a well known critic.
>>
>>150928314
>I think the only part to get a bigger laugh was Taki groping the tits while crying.

People laughed at that?
>>
never thought i'd see the day when japan starts shilling anime on 4chan
>>
>>150928198
>Honest review
>>150928113
>Shilled revoew
>>
>>150928418
How long before the BDs so we can actually start shitting on it?
>>
>>150928392
There were many tits groping scene. The one that made people laugh the most was the one with her imouto funny face.

These 3scenes are the one that made the whole room laugh.
watashi, watakushi
vending machine cafe
tits groping
>>
>>150928314
>My theatre in Dublin laughed fairly hard at that part and only maybe a tenth of the audience were Asian

They are all weebs
>>
>>150928418
Sony has been shilling this board hard
>>
>>150928480
>Asian being a weeb
>>
File: capture.jpg (84KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
capture.jpg
84KB, 720x480px
>fall in love with a 15 year old student
>move to the countryside to get away
>get hit by comet strike
>>
>>150928548
I mean the whole audience are weebs. Including you
>>
>>150928631
>browse /a/
>not a weeb
>>
>>150928579
She moved to the countryside because her cat died
>>
How old are the people ITT who watched the movie? Teens? 20-25? 30 or above?
>>
>>150924002
I get what that joke's going for and I don't really understand nip, a lot of people were like that here.
>>
>>150928699
My cinema was a mix of young guys, older ladies, families with little children and elderly. Racially mostly Chinese but a few Malays too.
>>
>>150928699
29 and I am too old to be bawing my eyes out over this.
>>
>>150928418
>>150928521
Yes I'm sure the 41 people in this thread made Kimi No Na Wa a success

lmao
>>
>>150928198
>Miyazaki
Why always Miyazaki?
Does every film maker get compared to the best?
Is it just because hes Jap?
>>
File: 1481659600870.gif (469KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1481659600870.gif
469KB, 350x197px
>people think this has a chance at the oscars

TWO MONTHS UNTIL WEEBS GET BTFO

Dumb story, hackeneyed romance, and overt melodrama, as with all anime.
But it looks pretty.

So kudos to the korean painters who were responsible for the only good part of this movie.
>>
>>150928811
I saw you get BTFO on /tv/.
>>
>>150928856
Frankly, it's unlikely to win an Oscar for the simple reason that the Oscars voters don't give a shit about anything animated and usually just ask their kids what they should vote for.
>>
>>150928811
if they pump enough money in
it haz a chance to win m8
>>
>>150928898
If it had Disney behind it, and Disney for some reason decided to shill it instead of Moana or Zootopia, then sure. But all you get is Funimation.
>>
>>150928811
I just want it to be the best grossing anime
>>
>>150928480
Nah, there were a smattering of weeb looking teens/college kids but the majority of the audience looked like semi-respectable adults.

>>150928392
Every tits groping bit got at least a chuckle from the crowd aside from the first since nobody knew what was going on.
>>
>>150929104
>aside from the first since nobody knew what was going on.
Nobody who went to watch the movie watched a trailer or read a synopsis?
>>
>>150929104
>semi-respectable adults.
That's what they want you to think.
>>
>>150921268
>comet coming "inside" of the earth-moon orbit
>all the world are calm as shit and doesn't chimp out for possible impact
??
>>
>>150929160
it's probably forecasted to not hit the earth. Until it
broke apart
>>
>>150928548
Let's be honest. Yes Asians can be weebs. It's only Japs that can't be.

Wapanese, the precursor before we had the weeaboo word filter can be used in context of both w-annabe jap or w-hite jap (in context of wiggers)

Being a chink or hook doesn't exclude you. Fuck, being sansei is grey area.
>>
>>150927584
>movie is 1:40
>50+ minutes is too long
You are aware most movies, anime movies especially are around 90mins
>>
>>150929160
JAXA told them it was going to pass by safely, they didn't predict that it would go all MIRV on them.
>>
>>150929152
I guess? At least that's the only explanation I can think of for why the only one to come before its explained they bodyswapped got no response but every one after did.
>>
>>150928105
You forgot the skybeams
>>
>>150921268
I liked it a lot. Its not amazing or anything but its the best anime I have seen in the past 2 years. Its like train to busan for me where its not amazing but it rekindled something inside me.
>>
>>150929160
It's happened once or twice here in the last few years.

Don't forget that meteor over Russia that nobody predicted until it entered the atmosphere. Space is scary
>>
File: 1268252176292.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1268252176292.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>150929349
>Space is scary
>>
>>150929441
Fuck off, kircheis, you dead nigga
>>
File: 96.jpg (131KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
96.jpg
131KB, 720x960px
>>150926393
The days of the week should also have been a giveaway.
>>
>>150929865
To be fair. It's still not something you pay attention too. My phone says it's weds 14th December. I haven't actually looked at the date, I just take it as a given, even though it tells me every time I check the time by tapping the lock button.
>>
>>150929926
Shit now I remember wasn't there a part of the movie where Taki wore a school uniform when there was no school.
>>
>>150929986
Yeah, Taki put on a uniform when it was actually a day off to hike over to the shrine.
Similarly Mitsuha was putting on a uniform on the day that corresponded to Taki going on the date she arranged.
>>
>>150929986
Yeah. The day they walk up the mountain. Yotsuha asks why Taki is wearing uniform.
>>
>>150930031
>>150930020
Man I suck at spotting details like that. Or rather, I don't think too much of it.
>>
>>150930099
The movie is filled with lots of great, subtle touches. Stuff like Taki only wearing the braid on his wrist or trying Mitsuha's hair in a ponytail. Really small things like that.
>>
>>150929926
The problem is how the body swap sequence work.
It was said to be dream like where both of them thought of it as a dream and not life like. Just treat it as saliva sake magic that for the 3weeks or so they got to retained their memories about each other except for the finer details like calendar date and year.
>>
>>150930157
I guess I'll give it a rewatch once the bds are out never
>>
>>150927362
>Unless you saw 5 centimetres per second or Garden of Words
If you didn't then that makes you a bandwagoning casual that thinks its the best movie ever because of the overhyped viral marketing, eh?
>>
>>150930531
>If you didn't then that makes you a bandwagoning casual that thinks its the best movie ever because of the overhyped viral marketing, eh?
Well, no, more the fact that if you are familiar with Makoto Shinkai's previous works then you wouldn't expect the two of them to ever actually find each other, or if they do then they would have already moved on.
>>
>>150928029
>normalfags and non weab
they fucking love this shit and they don't even know shinkai, heck they watched it on kiss anime
>>
>>150921268
sadly the intro kinda ruined the surprise
>>
>>150931407
I think of it as the normal start of the fated meeting story, but somehow the movie choose to tell the audience how their 'looking for each other' feelings came from.
>>
>>150923414
>>150923738
Because Spirited Away is about to get overtaken by Your Name by the looks of things.
>>
File: 1480692683148.jpg (92KB, 666x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480692683148.jpg
92KB, 666x960px
>I'm searching for you
>Even though I met you not

And people keep saying it's not Keit-ai.
>>
I watched it last Saturday at Malaysia, less than 20ppl in the cinema. Some of them mom bringing their kids to watch cartoon thinking it is a typical cartoon. The show really has zero marketing unless you keep up with /a/ keit-ai meme and weebs new.
>>
>>150932061
Yet it's apparently making still making bank in Japan, as well as China.
>>
File: al pacino keit-ai.jpg (167KB, 913x537px) Image search: [Google]
al pacino keit-ai.jpg
167KB, 913x537px
>#1 in the Japanese box office for 12 weeks, 11 weekends
>Has surpassed Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle as #2 Anime Film of All Time in Japan
>Earns 20 billion yen and counting to surpass Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen
>Now beyond 20 billion yen (US$276 million).
>Nominated for an Oscar
>Wins LA Film Critics Award
>On the cusp of going beyond the box office gross of Spirited Away (US$289.1 million)

So this is meme magic. Not bad.
>>
>>150931407
The constant posting of spoilers ruined the surprise for me as well. Won't bother watching it.

It's like knowing the twist in Psycho or The Sixth Sense. Kinda ruins it.
>>
>>150932225
Not to mention it's already at US$276 million. Spirited Away is at US$289.1 million.

It's $13 million away from the big prize.

Pretty soon, it's going to be both the highest-grossing anime film of all time and the highest-grossing Japanese film ever.

All because of a meme.
>>
>This film is being nominated for an Oscar for "Best Animated Film"

That's why it was shown in Orange County, CA last week. The Academy told Funimation that it has to be shown there in 2016 for it to be nominated.
>>
>>150932632
That's why it was given limited runs across the US. Funi just wants the 'nominated for an Oscar' title so that they can shill the movie even more.
>>
>>150932262
This is why I'm glad I didn't even read anything about it until after I watched it. Not like I did it intentionally; I've been so disengaged from anime in the last year (I usually take about a year off every 3-4 years of shows) that it just wasn't a thing for me.

I saw it was playing at a local screen and that was that.

I've enjoyed successive watches, but the 'twist' had so much more impact for me because of my lack of awareness.
>>
>>150932042
>>150932225

Already a thing.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit%E6%84%9B-%E5%A5%89%E6%96%87-x-%E8%81%96%E5%AD%90

http://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
>>
>>150932061
Watched it at a theatre last Saturday too. Theatre was packed with awful weebs and fujos.
>>
>>150932061
>Malaysia
SEA weebs are more into idols shit compared to this.
>>
>>150932419
Jesus Christ, can you imagine the shitposting that will happen on /a/ once Your Name does get the Oscar and the highest grossing film of all time title?

I shudder to think about it.
>>
>>150932061
Philippines here. Practically empty theater. Nilalangaw dito.
>>
Should I watch Shinkai's other films? I really liked this one.
>>
>>150933228
>Watching movie with autistic weebs and fujoshit
>>
>>150933488
Exams week probably so some might watch it on weekends. But yeah the cinema I was at only had less than 30 (but loud) people.
>>
File: 1464345544893.jpg (2MB, 1934x4018px) Image search: [Google]
1464345544893.jpg
2MB, 1934x4018px
>>150932225
>>150933444
Keit-ai really is on its way to becoming the dankest 4chan meme.
>>
>>150933505
Garden of Words is worth a try. Really have mixed opinions on his other works.
>>
>>150933505

If you enjoyed Your Name, you'll really like 5 centimeters per second.
>>
>>150921268
Are there any huge dicks in this movie?

At any point in this movie, is the viewer presented a huge, fat, throbbing cock?
>>
>>150933505
5cms and Garden of Word are the only one really worth watching.
>>
>>150934132
not that I remember
>>
>>150932419
Please provide a source for this.
I mean, I rooted for this movie, but the box office mojo don't update fast enough.
>>
>>150933488
>>150932061
>>150933318
No fuck, it needs social network marketing by its fans to reach normalfags in Thailand.
>>
File: 1481732992143.png (39KB, 807x368px) Image search: [Google]
1481732992143.png
39KB, 807x368px
>>150934338
$276 million, thanks to China

http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Kimi-no-na-wa-(Japan)#tab=summary
>>
>>150924002
I only watched the rip, not really an anime fan but I got it when the friends asked 'feminine?'
>>
>>150934491
>not really an anime fan
>posting on /a/
sure thing bud
>>
File: F-Ai-Cebook.png (692KB, 489x1685px) Image search: [Google]
F-Ai-Cebook.png
692KB, 489x1685px
>>150934454
There was more social network marketing in Malaysia.
>>
>>150934463
Holy shit. Is this reliable? I am high as fuck now. The age of Miyazaki will comes to an end (eventually).
>>
>>150934531
>advertised it as Keit-Ai
>implying normies will get the meme
>>
File: 1480978100238.jpg (967KB, 1350x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1480978100238.jpg
967KB, 1350x1920px
>>150921268
Loved the movie so much. I actually went to see it a second time and while I felt initially critical and more aware on the time sync thing, it was more heartwarming. Only part I took any issue was the dramatic declaration of never forgetting each others names....then promptly forgetting. Girl beside me had her hand clasped over her mouth at the i love you part. Hit me hard too.

>>150928314
>Dublin

Sweet! You go to the lighthouse too?
>>
Went to see it in cinemas on Saturday (britfag here), and the cinema was packed. I'd not seen it that busy since The Force Awakens. I was like the only white guy there too.

I didn't think it'd be that popular.
>>
>>150934530
Someone created a thread on /tv/ a while ago
>>
>>150934607
Malaysians are dumb.
>>
>>150934672
What, mostly Asians? Here in Ireland the majority were western but never seen so many asians in a cinema here.
>>
>>150934545
China is now a powerhouse in terms of buys for movies.

It turns flops (Transformers 4 and the Warcraft movie) into veritable winners.
>>
>>150934531
FINDS
>>
Ausfag here watched it at Marion but it was dubbed
Still good tho
>>
>>150934838
JALAN
>>
>>150934775

Yeah, the majority were Asian. Even my friend I went with was Asian. I'm in the center of Manchester and I didn't realise we had such a massive Asian community.
>>
>>150934622
I want Yotsuha's sake
>>
>>150934530
>>150934674
>>>/tv/77244754
>>
>>150933488
Hindi nakahanap ng paraan!
>>
>>150934672
I had a kind of similar experience, it was about 40-45% asians, a few black people and a bizarre mix of middle aged people and teens.

I was unfortunately sat next to an overly entitled woman and her basement dweller son, wasn't even sure if they existed in England.
>>
>>150933488
>>150934948
Also, out of the 10 cinemas that I checked near me (and in nearby cities), only 2 is showing it (though only for 2 showings per day)
This one needs serious marketing in the PH
>>
File: copypasta.jpg (56KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
copypasta.jpg
56KB, 750x600px
>>150928878
>>
>>150934672
So western weebs are doing their part in helping it get a bigger gross while SEAfags are dropping the ball?

Dammit, I really want it to overthrow Spirited Away as the highest grossing anime of all time just to spit on Miyazaki's face for the shit he pulled with the CGI bros.
>>
>>150934463
>first week grossing: 41M
>second week grossing: 15M
>41+15=56
>total grossing: 71M
Please explain this, I am confused.
>>
File: every thread.jpg (76KB, 399x593px) Image search: [Google]
every thread.jpg
76KB, 399x593px
>>150935071
>copypasta reply for copypasta meme

Tit for tat.
>>
>>150935107
Just go to the link.

Top 2016 Movies at the Worldwide Box Office (Rank 26):$275,899,756

Top 2016 Movies at the International Box Office (Rank 17): $275,899,756

All Time Highest Grossing Movies Worldwide (Rank 431): $275,899,756
>>
>>150928314
>
Dublin bro. Where'd you see it? Saw it in Cineworld last Sunday, everyone laughed there too.
>>
File: It's Raining Keit-Ai.jpg (44KB, 468x315px) Image search: [Google]
It's Raining Keit-Ai.jpg
44KB, 468x315px
>>150932419
Just imagine the shitposting.
>>
Zen zen zense > yume tourou > sparkle > nandemonaiya

Other opinion discarded
>>
>>150935625
I assume you're disregarding instrumental tracks like Katewaredoki
>>
>>150935438
>mfw my local cineworld isn't showing it
>have to spend ~1 hour on buses to get to the Vue in Oxford
fukkin cineworld
>>
>>150935720
I live in the North of Ireland, had to get 2 hour bus to Dublin, worth it though
>>
>>150935659
If we're including the instrumental, mitsuha theme and katawaredoki is up there, just the radwimps ones
>>
>>150935843
admittedly, but I'd prefer a 10 minute walk to a hour bus journey any day.

Plus with my Unlimited card I could go watch it more.
>>
>>150936051
Just go anon. It's my 12th already, I think I got visual addicted.
>>
>>150936024
I like sparkle, but I feel it goes on for too long if you're just listening to it.

Nandemonaiya when sung my the VA for Mitsuha is a nice listen though.
>>
>>150936108
I have, if I went again it'd be my 7th viewing.

I'm probably going to watch it again, then wait for the BD release.
>>
>>150933488
Flips don't give a shit about Keit-ai.
>>
>>150933488
Just watched the film at SM North 8PM showing.

There were plenty of people at the theatre.
>>
Can anyone translate that fan-made "after story" on Pixiv?
>>
>12/23、久しぶりに神木くんと萌音ちゃんと登壇させていただきます。「もう一度舞台挨拶したいね」とずっと話していたので嬉しい!
>それにしても「コスプレ&歌唱可」…。とても楽しみだけれど、コスプレせずに黙って観てくださるのも大歓迎ですので(僕はそちら派です笑)、どうぞご自由に!

From Shinkai's tweet, it seems like they will have 'cosplay & singalong' screening in 23th. I am really looking forward to see seiyuu's cosplay.
>>
>>150936290
Empty sa Robinsons bro.
>>
>>150936443
>23th
good job anon.
>>
>>150936475
which rob?
>>
>>150936416
Link? Is it ranking right now?
>>
>>150926925
>>150926094
Taki tries once to call.
How didn't they try multiple times, and then check why it wasn't working?
>>
>>150936443
>23th.
>>
>>150936562
see >>150923580
>>
>>150926099
The phone thing. I thought that since Mistuha died at the time Taki was in his own body when he tried to call her, her phone would of also been destroyed. If Mistuha tried to phone Taki the 3 year gap could mean he didn't have the number she was trying to call at that point.
>>
>>150936443
>12/23、久しぶりに神木くんと萌音ちゃんと登壇させていただきます。「もう一度舞台挨拶したいね」とずっと話していたので嬉しい!
>>それにしても「コスプレ&歌唱可」…。とても楽しみだけれど、コスプレせずに黙って観てくださるのも大歓迎ですので(僕はそちら派です笑)、どうぞご自由に!
>On Dec 23rd, we will finally get to have Kamiki-kun and Mone-chan on stage again. We've been wanting to meet audiences again so we're very happy about this!
>And also it's going to be cosplay- and singing-permitted... While I'm really looking forward to it, you're also welcome just to come and watch without cosplaying (that's what I prefer too lol), so please come along!
>>
>>150936667
We don't know that he only tried once.

We're only shown him trying once admittedly, but we don't know if he tried again during the time between the date and visiting Itomori.
>>
>>150936939
In the novel, they had tried both mailing and calling before that point.
>>
File: 60314966_p0.jpg (992KB, 1700x1100px) Image search: [Google]
60314966_p0.jpg
992KB, 1700x1100px
Debating whether I should go see it for the 6th time. On one hand, I fucking love this film, but I almost know it word-for-word now.
>>
>>150937197
>whether I should go see it for the 6th time
What
>>
>>150937098
I just remembered the scene in the film where Taki, Okodera and Tsukasa are travelling and they're talking about how none of his calls and texts go through.
>>
>>150937197
Just wait for the BD release
>>
>>150937225
It could still be implied that he tried many times after the comet scene, but in the novel, Taki stated the fact that the can't contract each other via phone before he call Mitsuha.
>>
>>150932042
I kept thinking of Keit-ai when watching the movie.

I guess it really finds a way
>>
>>150937359
ah ok.

I haven't read the novel. Waiting for the official translation released in May.
>>
It's me, I'm the bandwagoning faggot that's catching up with Shinkai movies after liking this too much.

How is Hoshi o Ou Kodomo regarded here? Struggling to appreciate it, because I don't feel Asuna had much of a purpose to go on her journey. Her connection to Shun didn't feel that meaningful.

Agatha wasn't as visually interesting and fleshed out as I would have liked, although some parts like pic related and the Izoku were creepy as hell.

I also had a bit of a mood whiplash between the somber thoughtful parts and the sudden bursts of violence/horror.
>>
>>150937197
You know, It wouldn't surprise me if a significant part of the movies revenue are repeat watchers like you. It's a movie that some people can really obsess over.

Any articles/news on how wide its appeal is beyond anime nerds of both genders?
>>
>>150938255
It's almost one man project made for two people.
>>
>>150921268
5cm was much better
>>
>>150938550
5cm a shit, that montage for ending is unacceptable to me
>>
>>150921268
Pseudo-profound bullshit.
Really annoyed after showing...
>>
>>150935843
i am in northern ireland too! what part are you in? I'd say it'll show in QFT in january as well
Thread posts: 223
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.