[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How well does Saint Seiya hold up? I generally like mecha shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 39

File: qvGAfifMCas_n1pBWuWc==.jpg (74KB, 400x535px) Image search: [Google]
qvGAfifMCas_n1pBWuWc==.jpg
74KB, 400x535px
How well does Saint Seiya hold up?
I generally like mecha shows from the 80s, and I like Dragonball, but I've never gotten into Saint Seiya for some reason. It's got a lot of episodes so I'll have plenty of material to keep me entertained, at least hypothetically. But since it's an earlier shonen series I'd assume it'll have a lot of undeveloped stuff that while impressive at the time wouldn't be too notable nowadays.

Your thoughts?
>>
>>150905836
I fucking love Saint Seiya but it aged like milk, both the manga and the original anime. Perhaps the best thing about the manga are the armor designs, some are nice to look at.

The Spin-offs Episode G and Saintia Sho receive a lot of good comments, though. I never read them so I can't give you an opinion.
>>
>>150905836
I would recommend to stay away from the spin-off AND the OAV unless you really enjoy the vanilla series.

I like this anime. A lot. I am personally more of a manga fan (there are some difference between the anime and the manga), but the Anime has some of the best music I have heard in a show.

Though, I would advise to start with the original anime (as the manga at its start has an old style that can be really off-putting for new readers) up until the end of the Poseidon Saga, then attack the Hades Saga with the Manga first (as I consider it better than the Hades anime).

That's my advise.
>>
>>150905836
It doesn't hide its age (which to me is a plus to be honest, it's basically all the maymay HOTBLOOD you see nowadays but taking itself seriously). But if you're talking classic shounen and casting off nostalgia glasses, the anime has aged a lot better than classic DBZ (I grew up with the original soundtrack, boyos, and it's pure arse even if it fits some scenes. Also chapters don't take up 20 minutes to have 2 minutes worth of coverage according to the manga, either).

If you like 80s shounen you know what you're getting into really.
>>
>>150908495
>but the Anime has some of the best music I have heard in a show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HasDoVtmFcM
>>
>>150905836
The saga of the 12 houses is top tier, Odin not so much and then Poseidon saga is cool.
Ades saga only holds up on it's first 13 episodes then it starts to go to shit, as for the movies i only like the legend of the crimson youth and Heaven chapter but this last one is kinda weird.
Oh and as some anon mentioned the music is incredibly good.
>>
>>150908785
>as for the movies i only like the legend of the crimson youth and Heaven chapter but this last one is kinda weird.
None of the movies are good, IMO. Staying away from the OVA unless you are really into it is the best advice I can give.
>>
File: 750100510269_00.jpg (101KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
750100510269_00.jpg
101KB, 950x950px
>>150908785
>Ades saga
>>
>>150908841
Which OVA
>>
>>150908608
>if you like 80s shounen
I don't really know much about it besides Fist of the North Star, Dragonball, and JJBA, now that I think about it.
Were there a lot of shonen manga in the 80s that got anime adaptations? The only other thing that I could think of would be Ranma.
>>
>>150905836
This is important, from which country are you from?
>>
>>150908936
80s shounen is still basically what sets the rules overall (FRIENDSHIP, struggle, so on) for stuff nowadays, just they tended to be bloodier and more to the point back then. And they sort of had this really sincere attitude about MANLINESS and MANLY TEARS and things of the sort you don't see around much anymore.
>>
>>150908841
I never said they were good or true to the source material i only said i like them.
>>
>>150908994
USA. It was popular in Europe, right? Kind of like Getter Robo. I've got a friend from Cameroon who said he saw it as a kid.
>>150909018
Oh yeah, I figured. But what anime adaptations are there besides the one I listed?
>>
>>150909078
I think you listed the big blockbusters that made the waves in other countries, but be assured there's a huge surplus of stuff in Japan. Countries where SS did extraordinarily well even got the SS knockoffs too (Samurai Troopers and Shurato).
>>
>>150908899
All of them. At least all of those from the Orignal anime.

Though I don't count the Hades Saga as OVA.
>>
>>150909078
>>150909078
Oh, boy. You should stay away from the fandom unless you enjoy being surrounded by spics constantly yelling at your hear how shitty modern Saint Seiya is.

Regarding Europe, Saint Seiya was popular in France, Spain and Italy. It was in South America where it exploded.

You should try the Cartoon Network DIC dub, it's fucking hysterical. You have Hyoga, the no messing around Ice Saint saying gems like "Chill, big ugly guy!" or "The Ice Man's coming, baby!"

ADV did release a serious English dub for DVD... it's average, sadly. Not spectacular but good enough to be unworthy of mocking.

But you will most likely see it subbed. Good luck finding good subs. I heard the English SS subs are pretty bad.
>>
>>150909344
>You should try the Cartoon Network DIC dub, it's fucking hysterical.
Only after having seen the original. This is how you enjoy a good parody.
>>
>>150909344
Why are spics universally the worst anime fans?
>>
File: id4Ynqr[1].jpg (50KB, 455x275px) Image search: [Google]
id4Ynqr[1].jpg
50KB, 455x275px
>>150909256
The ONLY OVAs in the original series are the Hades episodes. All the others were produced for and shown in theaters. You are against calling the only actual OVAs for classic Saint Seiya what they are
>>
>>150905836
watch up to the 12 houses, but make sure to read the manga's version of the last fight, as it's a lot different. Then switch to the manga (unless your from a country that actually has subs for the rest)
>>
>>150909484
also the first set of Hades OVA's are fucking great, with the exception of one really shitty episode where they changed things. The rest of the Hades' OVAs are fucking horrible and should be skipped
>>
>>150909078
This should help you start out:

http://pastebin.com/vmYRvpXN

>>150909344
>be Huelander
>can only say "abuelo, go take your meds" when people start going on about how their childhood is being raped at every turn
>>
>>150909530
>with the exception of one really shitty episode where they changed things.

Which one? It's been a while since I saw those 13 episodes. The only negative mayor change I can think of is stealing Shiryu's spotlight by making the other three main characters stop the Exclamation.

I also remember that incredibly shitty, incredibly out of place 3D animation of Seiya donning the Cloth. Never again was that style used.
>>
>>150909726
the Papillon fight got interrupted by Seiya, only for him to get teleported away again. Same episode as CGI armor.
>>
I'm afraid of watching Saint Seiya. Mexicans love Gears of War, Dragon Ball Z and Saint Seiya. I'm afraid something deep inside me will stir and I'll have to finish all the different series.
>>
>>150909924
>typical spic
>>
>>150909344
>>150909385

For the love of all that is sacred, where can I find full episodes with the Dic dub? I've been looking around the internet with no luck.
>>
File: a9bf9768f42352ec5af94f907f56510d.jpg (194KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a9bf9768f42352ec5af94f907f56510d.jpg
194KB, 706x1000px
The only thing you should know is that Pandora is the best waifu and sadly she dies like a bitch.
>>
>>150910060
Can't find them either, but it seems like they go for dirt cheap for murricans (like 5 bucks on ebay or whatever)
>>
>>150905836
>How well does Saint Seiya hold up?
It was influential and has cool concepts, but the actual specifics are pretty lazy. If you can get over the abundance of bishonen designs the art is frequently pretty decent, though.

There's a lot of "What!? His cosmo is exploding!" It's repetitive to say the least.
>>
The Divine Clothes(why are they called clothes anyway, they're fucking armors) were cool as fuck, and so was Hades. Athena getting her own armor and one-shotting Hades made me go "Fucking FINALLY, this bitch does something useful."

The Apollo movie/OVA or whatever it was, left me dissappointed about the lack of a proper Zeus saga, not to mention that the final battle ending up with a naked Seiya using all his power to scratch Apollo's cheek, who shouldn't be stronger than Hades was also pretty underwhelming.

All in all, I guess I liked it, but it made me realize that the fights were always "good guy gets the shit beaten out of him until he uses the only move he knows and wins". Regular shonen usually give a more fleshed moveset to the good guys than the bad guys, but it was somehow the other way around in here.
>>
>>150910914
>(why are they called clothes anyway, they're fucking armors)

That's how the armors that Athena's soldiers use are called.

The armors of Poseidon's soldiers are called Scales.

The armors of Hades' soldiers are called Surplices.

The armors of the anime-only Odin's soldiers are called God Robes.

The ending of the fifth movie left me with a bitter taste in my mouth, too. The movie was so depressing it made me feel weird. Granted, Saint Seiya isn't laughs and confetti, but the movie had an extremely unhappy air. With that said, it is beautifully animated, pity it was the last SS product with that animation quality to come out.
>>
>>150911187
>>150908785
>Odin
Is there some cool anime-only Norse shit?
>>
https://twitter.com/Deem939/status/804770336201998336

So how about this lads?
>>
>>150911219
>Is there some cool anime-only Norse shit?
Yes. This is exactly what there is. Nailed it.
>>
>>150906702
Saintia Sho is fucking SHIT

>Oh look there's a super duper secret order of Female Saints except these don't have to hide their faces for reaons
>Also, they all are jobbers and kept getting saved by Golds 99% of the time

It's literally a Gold Saint Otomege. I thought the 3DCG flop movie was the worst thing SS had ever done but this topped it in badness in every single way. Even Leo "I'm a Mary Sue who can Athena Exclamation alone" Regulus is less awful than Saintia Sho.
>>
>>150911225
Is one of them going to be Next Dimension?
>>
>>150911296
But is it good?
>>
>>150911225
>anime
I don't know. I learned my lesson about being hyped for SS anime after Soul of Gold.

>live action
I... what.

>movie
I actually loved Legend of Sactuary. I hope it's a sequel made by the same team.
>>
>>150911324
The fandom is divided about that matter. There's no objective opinion about the Asgard Arc.
Some liked it.
Some hated it.
It's up to to you if its good or not.
>>
>>150911324
It's part of the original anime anyway. You might as well watch it.
>>
>>150911327
>I actually loved Legend of Sactuary.

Holy shit, I forgot that thing existed, even though it was pretty advertised on my country back then; might watch it one of these days. Does it not feel rushed, at least?
>>
>>150911531
FEMALE MILO
E
M
A
L
E

M
I
L
O
>>
>>150911551
due to bad dub, or actual female Milo?
>>
>>150911531
the end it hella rushed, but it looks 200% better than the old anime did.
I honestly like Movie Deathmask better
>>
>>150911695
Actual female Milo so that fujos could self-insert.
>>
>>150911531
Some things are rushed (this was expected, a lot of content for a single movie) but I found it solid. If you watch it without expecting the seriousness and the drama of the original work and don't mind some goofy moments here and then, you'll enjoy it. I remember being in the cinema and laughing like a retard during THAT scene, everyone else was groaning or completely silent.

Animation is pretty good. The Clothes are beautifully detailed. And as >>150911551
pointed out, FemMilo a cutie.

In any case, it flopped (was overshadowed by Frozen in Japan), for the sadness of some and the joy of others. From which country are you from?
>>
>>150911766
>I remember being in the cinema and laughing like a retard during THAT scene, everyone else was groaning or completely silent.
How sad to be the only one there with shit taste. Did you get booed for being a faggot too?
>>
>>150911707
>turning the fujo favorite into a woman
These niggas
>>
>>150911766
I didn't watch the movie but I heard that there's a scene with Deathmask singing. Is this the one you're talking about?
>>
Just finished Act 1 today. I'm just going to post this and leave the thread to avoid spoilers, but I'll post thoughts.

>Pros
>Opening arc being a tournament that introduces the main characters is pretty cool
>The mangaka has clearly tripped major amounts of acid and the influence clearly comes through
>All the main characters have time to shine and are built up very well.

>Cons
The art-style is weird. Clearly as you can see throughout the manga, Kuramada is a very good artist. However the style he uses can take some getting used to, and sometimes seems ill fitting for what's going on.
>It's honestly almost genius, but I'll still count it as a con. We barely get a lot of information on the main characters as the series begins, but throughout the series will get massive info dumps on a characters past that will lead to a story reveal or a power up. Most of them are clearly asspulls that were just thought up the week before by Kuramada, but it kind of works because we don't know much about these characters and they and the world(s) they inhabit are so rich that it's always neat to get a flashback.
>>
>>150911966
Yes. It's fucking hilarious.

>>150911803
I liked the first season of Omega too. Fite me.
>>
>>150912124
Also, the pacing of the series is crazy fast as well, and the fights are god tier. Even if it makes Dragon Ball look tame with characters dying and coming back to life.

Despite the flaws, the Sanctuary arc might be one of my all-time favorite manga arcs. Really excited to move onto Vol 14.
>>
>>150912124
>Most of them are clearly asspulls that were just thought up the week before by Kuramada
There is nowadays a strong opinion about artist doing that, but in my humble Opinion, It's when he pull an idea at the very last minute that Kurumada shine the most. He is some sort of genius at doing that and many great moment from Saint Seiya stem from this habit.
>>
>>150912124
>The art-style is weird. Clearly as you can see throughout the manga, Kuramada is a very good artist.

Good thing you actually enjoy his art. Personally it puts me off. He designs and details the cloths in a superb way, but his faces and anatomy...
>>
Its fucking great and if you haven't seen it you don't know shit about anime.

>>150912124
Enjoy the upcoming Silver/Bronze Saints arc. Protip: Its the worst.
>>
File: img000020.jpg (547KB, 1145x785px) Image search: [Google]
img000020.jpg
547KB, 1145x785px
>>150912273
I'm pretty sure his original designs were pretty damn shitty, and then got touched up by Bandai to make them more detailed.

Or so I heard.
>>
File: 635.jpg (54KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
635.jpg
54KB, 960x960px
>Time to stop procrastinating and learn some Japanese or practice drawing!
>Saint Seiya Thread

Noooooooooo
>>
>>150912259
I don't disagree that he's a genius with asspulls. Toriyama is as well. They're still noticeably asspulls though which is all I'm noting.

>>150912273
It's more than I dig his panel-work, his details, when he actually tries at shading, the way he designs fights, and the world he's created.
The character designs, faces, and anatomy are really weird, and I wouldn't say I like it, but I definitely got used to it and it doesn't affect my ability to enjoy the series. I've never seen it, but the art style kind of reminds me of that Steven Universe show that's so popular.

>>150912304
I finished up until the fight with Saga.
>>
>>150912376
>an actual cherub.
Nice.
>>
Is B'tX good?
>>
File: img000013.jpg (4MB, 1916x1400px) Image search: [Google]
img000013.jpg
4MB, 1916x1400px
>>150912496
>It's more than I dig his panel-work, his details, when he actually tries at shading, the way he designs fights

Yeah, that's actually pretty good when he decides to try.
>>
>>150912496
>I finished up until the fight with Saga.

How hype were you when Ikki showed up? I pretty much yelled "FUCK YES" at my screen.
>>
>>150912496
>>150912124
Still here, anon?
Tell us who is Best Gold Saint.
>>
>>150912625
Too bad he is terrible at drawing people.
>>
File: btx6_a.jpg (362KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
btx6_a.jpg
362KB, 1800x1800px
>>150912592
The manga is good enough. The TV anime is awful. The manga's good because it's Kurumada's breakneck pacing for a good reason - there aren't "arcs" in this, just the main story from beginning to end and it just jolts straight from one thing to another.

The TV anime keeps bloating the plot for it to be episodic, so it really undermines the 'rush to the end' feel of the manga.

B't X NEO (OVAs) isn't bad in itself, but it's an anime original ending. Also Karen is best girl.
>>
>>150912592
>>150912767
MUÑEQUERA MORTAL
>>
File: Fuma no Kojiroova2.jpg (181KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Fuma no Kojiroova2.jpg
181KB, 849x1200px
Is there anybody else would kill to see Fūma no Kojirō scanlated?
Seeing how much Bleach ripped off Saint Seiya, I'd like to see how much Naruto ripped off Fuma no Kojiro.
>>
>>150911324

It's a 12 houses redo, but with every enemy having a really melodramatic backstory which is revealed during their final battle. So, it depends on how much you like that type of thing, which is rather common for shounen series nowadays.
>>
Reminder that Saga is the strongest Gold Saint.
>>
>>150905836

I remember it fondly but honestly. You would better use a guide to watch it. I mean, The beginning is cool but lots of the saints post Ikki seem like bad filler, Iron saints specially... because those actually where filler.

The gold saint arc since Aioria shows up is basically the peak of what SS is. After that it's always the same formula. Athena is somehow kidnapped or whatever and 4 bronze saints have to deal with gold saint level threats... every single time. A fifth one occasionally shows up but that's it.

Gold saints are a lazy bunch that would rather leave the world faith on the hands of 15 year old kids... and most bronze saints are actually as weak as that.

I'll concede that some times SS filler is actually pretty good considering it's filler. Asgard was 100% filler and it's not bad at all... for filler saints.

I would recommend watching lost canvas though. But after you watch that most original gold saints become shit automatically.
>>
File: chino21.jpg (10KB, 160x233px) Image search: [Google]
chino21.jpg
10KB, 160x233px
>>150912839
LOURDES can muñequera mi mortal anytime she feels like it

>>150912852
It's scanlated in a lot of latino languages. Honestly not a lot to it (it definitely feels like a lot of it is just winged, much more than the usual Kurumada) and while "ninja" is a motif the most famous part of the series revolves around cosmic swords in the moon.
>>
>>150912698
I clenched my fists and started nodding my head like a fucking autist with a massive grin on my face.
>>150912699
Shaka
>>
>>150912905
Anon, do you really want to start a Thousand Posts War with Virgofags?
>>
>>150912934
>I would recommend watching lost canvas though. But after you watch that most original gold saints become shit automatically.

How can anyone have such a shitty opinion?

>>150912957
Shura best gold saint.
>>
>>150912935
Can you give me a link? I've looked for spanish scans in the past but had no luck.
>>
File: Loli_p.jpg (341KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Loli_p.jpg
341KB, 1024x1536px
>>150905836
Read the fucking manga, the anime is atrocious.

It has a lot of filler, even inside canon arcs it has fillers and changes to the story, fights, characters and their personalities.

It's gay as fuck because the animators were fujoshi or something who knows but it's really gay.

Filled with plot holes thanks to not being faithful to the manga.

Garbage pacing, seriously the sanctuary is done in 5 volumes it takes like 50 episodes in the anime

The Hades saga is trash, not only does it adapt the manga poorly but also has garbage animation.

The only good thing of the anime is the OST
>>
File: 1479502597708.jpg (9KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
1479502597708.jpg
9KB, 263x192px
>>150905836
It aged better than Kinnikuman at least.
Or maybe it didn't.
I don't even know anymore.
>>
>>150911327
>I actually loved Legend of Sactuary
I couldn't even finish that shit, and I watched all of Omega.
>>
>>150913001
Seems like a hue just took the scripts from here https://mangahelpers.com/t/martinetekun/archives/translation?manga=3716 (spanish) and slapped them on the raws - http://unionmangas.net/manga/fuma-no-kojiro (that's the BR translation)
>>
>>150913128
>all of Omega

Why would you torture yourself like that?
How were you able to retain your sanity?
>>
>>150912852
>Seeing how much Bleach ripped off Saint Seiya
How so? I haven't read this Saint Seiya, but is this claim as ludicrous as saying that Hunter x Hunter ripped off Naruto or does the claim actually hold weight?
>>
>>150913063
>It's gay as fuck because the animators were fujoshi or something who knows but it's really gay.

>it's a "classic-SS-is-straight-as-fuck-full-of-manly-men-only" meme episode
>>
>>150913183
Welp. I'm about to do the same thing but for English.
>>
>>150912496
>I don't disagree that he's a genius with asspulls
I do. That "the same move doesn't work twice on a Saint" shit he pulls multiple times is the laziest thing ever.
>>
>>150913190
Kubo has explicitely acknowlegded SS as a major influence fampaitachi
>>
>>150913183
Damn, the site is region locked for US.
>>
>>150913190
>but is this claim as ludicrous as saying that Hunter x Hunter ripped off Naruto
Nice bait, hopefully nobody falls for it and derails our nice SS thread.
>>
File: nacionañidades-640x480.jpg (125KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
nacionañidades-640x480.jpg
125KB, 640x480px
Remember that one time a huahueBR published his original Saint Seiya mango with Ikki's son (DO NOT STEAL) as protagonist???

What happened to it? Still going? Died?
>>
>>150913255
Unionmangas? I don't think these guys could block something as simple as a japanese proxy loaded through the browser to be honest (just google "japanese proxy server" and it should load a result where you can just slap the URL on top of it to load pages with a japanese IP - hopefully they didn't blacklist JP ips either)

>>150913292
He was going to release one chapter every two months IF he hit enough patreon dollers (which he didn't) so now he says he wants to do it as a light novel instead or something
>>
>>150913190
Nice b8 there, fampai
>>
>>150913321
>patreon dollers

Well shit. I didn't know that.
I'm glad he failed, then.
>>
>>150913190
I thought it was Naruto that ripped off Hunter x Hunter?
>>
File: 07_0002.jpg (376KB, 842x1200px) Image search: [Google]
07_0002.jpg
376KB, 842x1200px
>>150912592
The manga is great but the anime not so much, it starts and you think it's similar to other manga but after a while it becomes really unique

First of all there's no FRIENDSHIP, well there is but mostly between X and Teppei who slowly learn to work together, while the other 3 join with his and all that they're never considered friends. Teppei is similar to Seiya in the fact that he rushes in without thinking, but man does the story punish him for it. His brother Kotari is basically the deuteragonist of the story and he's a really cool and smart character.

The battles start fairly normal but after a while they have ridiculous strategy fights and cool shit going on, honestly when I was reading HxH it reminded me of B't X.
>>
File: CcoAOv4VAAAkpdH.jpg (150KB, 800x778px) Image search: [Google]
CcoAOv4VAAAkpdH.jpg
150KB, 800x778px
>>150913378
I don't mind creators setting up donations or incentives but if it's compulsory it's pretty "ehhh" alright
>>
>>150905836
As soon as you start liking Saint Seiya, you become a mexican. If you like it too much, you become an honorary HUE
>>
>>150913484
Asians love it though.

So do euros, except bongs because they're gay like burgers
>>
>>150912987

It's not an opinion, it's a fact that Albafica is better than Afrodita, Manigoldo easily tops Deathmask too.

I would admit that Tenma is shit compared to Saiya and that Saga is a top tier villain compared to all villains after him though so the old one wins as an overall better anime but on lost canvas you get Shion and Dohoko too...
Not to mention El Cid... he easily tops Shura.

So yeah, Lost Canvas has the best gold saints even though the original gold saint arc is better.
>>
>>150913190

The whole pattern of Bleach's arcs starting from the Soul Society arc is heavily influenced by Saint Seiya's from the Gold Saint arc and on.
>>
>>150913550
Anon, I will have nothing against your post, but when you say that the LC characters are better than the Classic, are you talking in terms of Power Levels or personality?
>>
File: death.jpg (104KB, 600x428px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
104KB, 600x428px
>>150913550
>Albafica is better than Afrodita, Manigoldo easily tops Deathmask too.
Except they're not, their characters are boring and uninteresting.

El Cid is literally Shura OCdonut version, this time """cooler""" and more powerful.

Albafica is bullshit mary sue pretty boy, Aphrodite was fucking powerful(in the manga) but he was also flawed. Every single one of them had some flaw
>muh poisonous blood

Manigoldo is trash compared to Deathmask, Deathmask was really fucking cool because he was both a coward and a scumbag.

All the saints in LC are bad because they're basically
>Hey what if we took these guys I used to finger myself as a little girl and make them SUPER BADASS POWERFUL CHARACTERS THAT TAKE ALL THE SPOTLIGHT
>Tenma? who's that?

The most blatant one is Regulus
>>
>>150913756
>Hey what if we took these guys I used to finger myself as a little girl and make them SUPER BADASS POWERFUL CHARACTERS THAT TAKE ALL THE SPOTLIGHT

Kek
>>
File: gold saints.jpg (759KB, 1000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
gold saints.jpg
759KB, 1000x2000px
Is this the most up to date version?
>>
File: u013 (1).jpg (695KB, 1739x1255px) Image search: [Google]
u013 (1).jpg
695KB, 1739x1255px
>>150911304
>MOERO, ORE NO COSMO YO!

I like some of the stuff in Saintia Sho, but Shoko is clearly a self insert for girls
>>
>>150913820
That statement is so true that she gave every gold saint a mandatory little girl to follow them in her Gaiden series and flat out stated they were meant as self inserts for the readers
>>
>>150913871
Probably, but it's already missing Mystria and Ecarlate
>>
>>150913871
Missing NotCamus from Next Dimension.
>>
File: f019.jpg (327KB, 869x1260px) Image search: [Google]
f019.jpg
327KB, 869x1260px
>>150913880
>>
File: f023.jpg (619KB, 1738x1234px) Image search: [Google]
f023.jpg
619KB, 1738x1234px
>>150913971

>>150913881
Can I get source for that one? I want to read it
>>
File: f036.jpg (286KB, 869x1262px) Image search: [Google]
f036.jpg
286KB, 869x1262px
>>150914036
>>
>>150913654

Strictly power level and flashiness. As for the personalities i did like the old ones better if only because they where flawed. On that regard i concede the old ones are better, that's why i said that the original series had the best arc.

>>150913756

I understand that the original "weak bronze saint conquers everything against the odds" is more appealing than Tenma being actually a weakling that barely survived because the gold saints where actually doing their jobs... seriously, Tenma makes more sense than Seiya.

The fucker was supposed to be on it because Saori promised to help him find his sister and she never fucking did even though it was living on the sanctuary all along.
>>
File: 6C4A4E66A.jpg (103KB, 509x719px) Image search: [Google]
6C4A4E66A.jpg
103KB, 509x719px
>>150914036
I just know everybody commented on it when the Gaidens were coming out, it's probably in the author's commentary on them or something similar
>>
Do good scans for Episode G exist? All the ones I've found are low res spic fan translations that don't even cover the whole series.
>>
>>150913971
>>150914036
>>150914086

Uh, did I like these pages or not?
>>
File: 01169676.jpg (187KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
01169676.jpg
187KB, 600x700px
>>150914113
>I understand that the original "weak bronze saint conquers everything against the odds" is more appealing than Tenma being actually a weakling that barely survived because the gold saints where actually doing their jobs... seriously, Tenma makes more sense than Seiya.

I think just about anyone prefers a story where the protagonists take their fates in their hands as opposed to being mollycoddled by characters the author is trying their darndest to make look cool while they keep saying how SPECIAL said character is, because what I just described is basically Twilight.
>>
File: Phoenix_ikki_final_bronze_cloth.jpg (73KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix_ikki_final_bronze_cloth.jpg
73KB, 800x600px
>>150914113
>seriously, Tenma makes more sense than Seiya.
No he doesn't.

Seiya and the rest of the Bronze saints trained for 6-7 years to get their cloths. All the bronze saints had super powerful teachers with the exception of Seiya who had Marin that was actually not bad in power or teaching but still not GS level and well Ikki that's just broken bullshit

Tenma trained for like.. 2 and he was barely a protagonist at all.

>"weak bronze saint conquers everything against the odds"
Seiya got his ass kicked all the time, you're talking like he always won his fights when at best he won half the ones he fought.
>>
File: 1910.jpg (98KB, 429x358px) Image search: [Google]
1910.jpg
98KB, 429x358px
>>150914595
Not to mention Tenma spends the entire series WHINING like a little bitch while Seiya suffered his entire life but still kept fighting

Also Seiya is just a lot more fun than Tenma
>>
>>150914369

While it is true that a character has to be active and do things for himself it's also true that a character needs limits an challenges he can actually conquer to thrive.

Seiya always pulls a secret power boost from his ass and wins. That can work one time (and even that may be too many) but SS does it every single time.

If a character is going to grow to take down a god then he needs to grow at a steady pace till he is actually up to the challenge.

A bronze saint may be able to top one gold saint for a second if the gold saint feels pity or potential or whatever but that's as believable as that gets.

I actually found interesting to see how someone as weak as Tenma managed to stay alive on a war where everyone was stronger than him.

I love Seiya reaching the seventh sense moments but it happens just too often.
>>
>>150914595

ikki never even learns about the 7th sense. He just appears and tops Shaka like a boss.

And even if they trained 10 years they are still 13 to 15 in age and the gold saints are like late 20s... which means they have trained longer and harder.

The series itself states that bronze saints would normally never be able to even reach gold saint level... let alone take them on a fight.

I love the show but it was full of BS moments which are admittedly what we wanted. Who doesn't love an underdog?
>>
>>150914837
>Seiya always pulls a secret power boost from his ass and wins.

>If a character is going to grow to take down a god then he needs to grow at a steady pace till he is actually up to the challenge.

You do realize that the only god Seiya beat was Thanatos right? A shitty minor god.

He lost against Poseidon who kicked his ass even if he was fighting together with Shiryu and Hyoga

He lost against Hades who kicked all 5 of them to death even with god cloths.
>>
>>150914787
Isn't Seiya the reincarnation of Temna or is that just a fandom theory?
>>
>>150915002
>And even if they trained 10 years they are still 13 to 15 in age and the gold saints are like late 20s... which means they have trained longer and harder.
The only gold saints defeated in the sanctuary were Aphrodite by Shun who is the most powerful Saint we had seen until then, Shun was more powerful than Pandora... as a baby. Even then Shun almost died

Camus by Hyoga who outright overpowered him because Camus was just shitty, seriously he couldn't even reach absolute 0 and he was a hypocrite that cared too much despite telling Hyoga not to.

Shura by Shiryu, except Shura would've survived the attack and gives Shiryu his cloth because he believes in Shiryu's devotion and his strenght as a man.

Ikki stalemated Shaka, he never topped him.

Seiya only beat Saga after getting Cosmos from other Saints, even then he needs Athena's shield to survive the last attack. Both Seiya and Ikki got their asses kicked by Saga.

In the Poseidon arc they are already more powerful and have more control over their cosmos which they manage to dominate, and in the final arc they are even more powerful.

Have you read the manga at all?
>>
File: 0.jpg (35KB, 271x290px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
35KB, 271x290px
>>150915211
Hades has suspected that Seiya might be the reincarnation of the Next Dimension Tenma, But it's only his guess.

For all we know, Kurumada might just pull an other Seika when it comes about that plot point.
>>
Does anyone know where I can find the full manga? No manga sites have the entire series scanned
>>
File: u206.09.jpg (382KB, 1456x1022px) Image search: [Google]
u206.09.jpg
382KB, 1456x1022px
>>150915211
Seiya is the reincarnation of the original Pegasus saint, the one from the age of myths thousands of years ago.

Tenma is another reincarnation.
>>
>>150915453
And even then it's not clear that he's a reincarnation neither in Lost Canvas nor Next Dimension. LC is not canon anyways but still

Like anon up here said the one that thinks that is Hades but that's because he remembers one of the pegasus saints punched his face back in the day.
>>
>>150915440
Kissmanga
>>
>>150915440
Read the thread >>150909715
>http://pastebin.com/vmYRvpXN
>>
File: IMG_2764-A.jpg (398KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2764-A.jpg
398KB, 1024x1536px
>>150915211
Eh no, Hades remembers something about a Pegasus(maybe) hurting him in the age of myth. There's also the statement from Hypnos and Thanatos' about in the age of myth when they first saw the god cloth.

But he doesn't really remember nor is he sure if it's a reincarnation, he just thinks it probably is because two guys that look similar made him bleed
>>
File: IMG_2764-B.jpg (415KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2764-B.jpg
415KB, 1024x1536px
>>150915716
>>
File: IMG_2765-A.jpg (460KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2765-A.jpg
460KB, 1024x1536px
>>150915757
>>
Kuramada is a genius.
He's had three successful series in Weekly Shonen Jump which is a very difficult and rare feat to accomplish.
Two of those series spawned franchises that lived far beyond the initial manga. The series those huge franchises were based on both different genres as well.

Then after he left Jump he continued to make popular series, as well as get the nearly unheard of right to continue his series in a different companies weekly magazine.

Kuramada is a one of a kind mangaka and has a fascinating history. I'd love to continue doing more research on him and make a documentary on him one day.
>>
File: 201608191407_17066.jpg (86KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
201608191407_17066.jpg
86KB, 480x640px
>>150915804
He's also /fa/
>>
File: 43.png (954KB, 1062x597px) Image search: [Google]
43.png
954KB, 1062x597px
>>150905836
Man the real sized gold cloths look great
>>
File: 45.png (1MB, 1070x599px) Image search: [Google]
45.png
1MB, 1070x599px
>>150916266
>>
File: 343.png (1MB, 1067x599px) Image search: [Google]
343.png
1MB, 1067x599px
>>150916303
>>
File: 325.png (992KB, 1067x594px) Image search: [Google]
325.png
992KB, 1067x594px
>>150916342
>>
So, if its true that a new anime is coming, what do you guys want to see?
>Fem Gold Saints
>Capricorn not jobbing
> COSUMO
>>
>>150917138
Next Dimenssion.
>>
File: gold female saints.png (646KB, 685x800px) Image search: [Google]
gold female saints.png
646KB, 685x800px
>>150917138
>Fem Gold Saints
Only if they are cute
>Capricorn not jobbing
In your dreams
> COSUMO
That's a must.
>>
>>150917138
Single anime adaptation of the entire franchise in chronological order.
>>
>>150917276
If only omega wasnt so shit i would watch it
that gemini makes me diamonds
>>
>>150917138
>So, if its true that a new anime is coming, what do you guys want to see?
I read news in spanish that the new project is Next Dimension

But the Italian, Brazilian, French and English news said the projects were

1- Live action
2- CG movie/series
3- Unknown project
>>
File: ss.jpg (129KB, 985x897px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
129KB, 985x897px
Anyone's seen the remake of the opening?

https://youtu.be/dBIumxz8eEA?t=255
>>
File: h012.18.jpg (110KB, 728x1073px) Image search: [Google]
h012.18.jpg
110KB, 728x1073px
>>150915716
There was this whole bit where Tenma sees Seiya in his reflection of the Crateris Cloth's water. And that water reflects a person's future. Not to mention, we see Seiya's soul in the underworld in the 16th century when it technically should not even exist in that era yet.
>>
>>150917628
Yeah but the one Hades remembers is the pegasus from the age of myths
>>
>>150913871
Missing ND aquarius. Should also add Sainta Sho version.
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.