[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you think about anime going mainstream /a/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: azusa.jpg (185KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
azusa.jpg
185KB, 2560x1600px
what do you think about anime going mainstream /a/?
>>
Garbage.
>>
It's no more mainstream than it was 15 years ago.
>>
>Anime
>Mainstream

Just because online echo chambers have become more populated these days doesn't mean anime is going mainstream.

Pleb shows will be just that. Pleb shows.
>>
>>150904317
>>150904294
no i am talking about it going mainstream in the future
>>
What >>150904317 and >>150904294 wrote.

Late-night otaku shows that we all watch thanks to simulcast streaming services will remain late-night otaku shows that we happen to pirate and complain about.
>>
Isn't anime already mainstream?
>>
If it can save the industry from lack of money, it may be a necessary evil.
But it also means that it will get more attention in the west, which could poison it and ruin it.
>>
The 90s already happened, and they're over.
>>
It's still a niche subculture but I don't think it'll ever become mainstream or fall to the normalfags like things such as video games or American comics have despite how much anime and manga are lumped into the faux nerd trend, the type who are into that will only watch shows that are popular because of the shitty memes produced from it and won't care about delving into the rest of the medium at all.
>>
>>150904222
I think "Mama-san" needs to stop calling herself that. It's embarrassing when we do it, I don't need my mother being a weaboo cause she doesn't know how to fit in.
>>
>>150904294
It's less mainstream than 15 years ago. There was a short time when it trended in the late 90s/early 2000s.
>>
File: kimba.jpg (91KB, 865x600px) Image search: [Google]
kimba.jpg
91KB, 865x600px
What is it, three times now that anime has supposedly "gone mainstream"
in the US?

For that matter, the second anime TV series ever was made largely to the specifications of NBC, that's pretty fucking mainstream.
>>
Normie anime like AoT and OPM were mainstream here for a bit, but the actual good ones don't get any attention.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.