[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay my little intellectu/a/ls, what anime are MO and what are PO-MO?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (61KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 638x479px
Okay my little intellectu/a/ls, what anime are MO and what are PO-MO?
>>
mo sounds like pretentious shit
>>
>>150887840
neck yourself
>>
>>150887840
Everything is PO-MO and nothing is MO.
>>
>>150887840
Every time reset show is MO. Deconstruction is PO.
>>
>>150887840
that isn't at all what modernism and postmodernism are.
>>
https://youtu.be/S7CV3jSpsAQ
>>
>>150888522
>Click this link
>Watch it
>Regret it
>Purposefully remove it from viewing history
>>
>>150888522
Good post though.
>>
we do whatever we can
>>
Fuck off, retard.
>>
Used to be for Po-Mo but it felt low effort and lacking in substance, it's easier to destroy than create and endlessly breaking things down is lazier than attempting to make something new out of old things.
>>
>>150887840
It's 2016.
>>
>>150887840
I'm confused.
Are Chinua Achebe and Marshall Berman MO, or are Yeats and Marx MO?
Is all of MO just an attempt to reconcile 19th century apocalyptic thinking with post-war optimism?
>>
>>150889349
The trend of deconstructing everything needs to end. It's getting old, really fast.
>>
>>150887840
I swear /tv/'s meme just gets stupider and stupider. Unsurprisingly they now even have a sticky for baneposting.
>>
>>150890173
No, people like you who use the word 'deconstructing' without a shred of irony are the ones who need to end. Fiction follow trends and one will buck the one before and so on in response. 'Deconstructing' as used by people like you are meaningless as it assigns a very myopic view of how human culture and history has been developing.
>>
>>150890173
And what exactly has been deconstructed so far?
Anime still uses the same memes it did 20 years go.
>>
>>150890173
Subversion would be a better word to describe the shows that try to sell on the formula that they take a well known genre and subvert it (which means that they will suprise you in the first few episodes with a subversion of some trope, and then follow all the old tropes till the end of the show)
>>
File: modernism-vs-post-modernism.jpg (125KB, 600x495px) Image search: [Google]
modernism-vs-post-modernism.jpg
125KB, 600x495px
disclaimer: i'm not saying these shows are good or bad, just that they fit the criteria.

MO: kaiba: simple lines and color pallet, clear distinction between high and low, utopic visions, questions authenticity (with the memory alteration and shit), etc

PO-MO: Neon Genesis Evangelion, blurs lines between the commercialized mecha genre and experimental art, narration is personal and not always reliable, is parodical/ironic/self-referential, surreal, lack of clear meaning, etc
>>
>>150887840
This type of analysis is very cheesy, I don't see the point.
>>
>>150887840
>Authenticity is a lie, a trap
Uh huh that's why DFW preaches so much about sincerity right? This is fucking ridiculous. Not content with completely misusing the word "deconstruction" — read House of Leaves if you want a novel that ACTUALLY deconstructs things since the guy was a big fan of Derrida — , now you move to modernism and pomo? You really think the japanese are even aware of what the fuck that is as a "literary convention"? Their perception of western genres in general is completely fucked up.

>>150890173
You're using the wrong word as someone else said but there's a valid point in the idea. Anime fans seem to be salivating for subversions recently.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.