[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>eva >TTGL >Code Geass Why are all best animes are mecha?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 14

>eva
>TTGL
>Code Geass
Why are all best animes are mecha?
>>
That's just like your opinion my dude
>>
>>150853401
> placing nge in the same list as geass
How to trigger evafags 101.
>>
>1 good 1 mediocre and 1 garbage
>All good
>>
>>150854041
Code Geass was the eva of our time, though.
>>
Reminder
Code Geaas > Eva
>>
Chicks dig giants robots.
>>
>>150853401
TTGL > Geass >>>>> Eva
>>
We have lost a hero to our glorious cause, but does this foreshadow our defeat? No. It is a new beginning. Compared to Earth Federation the national resources of Zeon are less than one thirtieth of theirs. Despite this how is it that we have been able to fight the fight for so long? It is because our goal in this war is a righteous one. It’s been over fifty years since the elite of Earth, consumed by greed took control of the Earth Federation. We want our freedom. Never forget the times when the Federation has trampled us! We, the Principality of Zeon, have had a hard struggle to achieve freedom for all citizens of our great nation. My beloved brother, Garma Zabi, was sacrificed. Why? The war is at a stalemate. Perhaps many of you have become complacent. Such a lack of compassion is— The Earth Federation has polluted our planet for their own greed. We must send them a message, but not composed of words. We have wasted too much time with words. We need action now. The earthside elite must be taught a strong lesson for their corruption. This is only the beginning of our war. We have been putting more and more money into our efforts towards making our military stronger. The Earth Federation has done the same. Many of your fathers and brothers have perished valiantly in the face of a contemptible enemy. We must never forget what the Federation has done to our people! By focusing our anger and sorrow, we are finally in a position where victory is within our grasp, and once again, our nation will flourish. Victory is the greatest tribute we can pay those who sacrifice their lives for us! Rise, Rise! Take your sorrow, and turn it into anger!
Zeon thirsts for the strength of its people!
SIEG ZEON!!! SIEG ZEON!!! SIEG ZEON!!! SIEG ZEON!!!
>>
>eva
>TTGL
>Code Geass
Literally worst mecha anime ever
>>
File: anno miyazaki.jpg (48KB, 500x726px) Image search: [Google]
anno miyazaki.jpg
48KB, 500x726px
Well...

Every morning, not recent days, but I see my friend who has a problem with his mental health. It's so hard for him just to do a high five, his whole body shivers with anxiety just reaching out to my hand. Now, thinking of him, I cannot watch this Eva stuff and find it interesting. Whoever creates this stuff has no idea what pain is whatsoever. I am utterly disgusted. If you really want to make things that make me feel sick, you can go ahead and do it. I would never wish to incorporate this perversion into my work at all. I strongly feel that this ... Evangelion stuff is an affront to human life itself.
>>
>>150853401
Remove ttgl and add in 0079 and 0080 and then you've got it
>>
>>150853401
Gunbuster and eva, op
>>
>>150855038
>>150855065
>>150854547
>>150854743
>>150854330
Regardless, all are mecha, aren't they? Why can't other genre produce good animes?
>>
File: explaining evangelion.jpg (61KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
explaining evangelion.jpg
61KB, 704x528px
>>150855666
Because, Satan, you've been influenced by Eva like the rest of us and you are searching for something that will create a similar emotional impact.
The Devilman manga might be worth looking into. Also the Berserk manga but for different reasons. Look for some older series until you find something that appeals to you visually or has an interesting premise.
Anime and manga today (as well as visual arts in general) are made by people from finance, social media and marketing. The director and writer are just workers like anyone else. (that is in the case they even have a writer and not just a bunch of students) They have minimal control over their own work until they accumulate 10-15 years of experience, and by that time they have already transformed into an empty suit with no head and a pair of glasses floating in space.
>>
>>150853401
never understood the fascination around eva.
the faggot mc made me want to slap his shit.
almost every character was an awkward or annoying autist.
also the pseudointellectual philosophy bullshit doesn't make it any better.
>>
>>150856220
No, anon, you are the cancer.
>>
File: eva.jpg (586KB, 4075x2503px) Image search: [Google]
eva.jpg
586KB, 4075x2503px
Eva is best anime, love it deeply and passionately
Not only for its themes and emotional impact it had on me but also for production values and masterful direction
Best anime of all time, hands down
>>
Geass > TTGL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dog shit >> Eva
>>
Eva>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this board's favorite animes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Geass
>>
>>150856386
What type of cancer?
>>
>>150856045
>manga
OP clearly says anime.
>>
>>150856585
The kind that get to enjoy a free
(you)
>>
>>150853401
eva is not mech
TTGL has a weird mecha designs
code geass is actually mecha

TTGL>CG>eva
>>
>>150856620
>TTGL has a weird mecha designs
>>
>>150853401
Because all other genre relies on fanservice to get easy otakubucks. Mecha is the only genre that is brave enough to input psychological theme in it instead of ecchishit garbage.
>>
File: King_Kittan.png (599KB, 957x1464px) Image search: [Google]
King_Kittan.png
599KB, 957x1464px
>>150856657
what the fuck is pic related suppose to be
>>
>>150856758
King Kittan
>>
>>150856758
The final form of the traitor clown from space station 13.
>>
>>150856747
>TTGL
>EVA
>CG
>no fanservice

what the fuck are talking about ?most of mecha anime has fanservice with an exeption of gundam
>>
>>150856758
banana

>>150856833
There's fanservice in Gundam.
Not much but it's there.
>>
>>150856833
Sure, they have fanservice. But the plot doesn't rely on it, unlike ecchishitrash.
>>
>>150856457
This
>>
>ctrl + F Giant Robo
>no results
Well it was pretty good.
>>
>>150856758
Starmon
>>
>>150853401
>eva
>mecha
>>
Code Geass looks fucking disgusting. I have no idea how anyone can tolerate the art style enough to watch it.
>>
File: 1454658796463.png (2MB, 1432x960px) Image search: [Google]
1454658796463.png
2MB, 1432x960px
>>150856747
Its obligatory to have a cockspit shot where the camera is low and focusing on tits and ass instead of the giant battle
>>
>>150853401
EVA is more Ultraman though.
>>
>>150857198
If you can tolerate visually offensive stuff such as Texhnolyze you can watch anything.
>>
>>150853401
>TTGL
>best animes [sic]
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
>>
>>150857249
It was a deconstruct of a mecha genre, thus it's still a mecha.
>>
>>150856747
>mecha
>not aiming for otakubucks
>>
Real Robo < Super Robo
>>
>>150856747
>>150857386
If anything because its so heavily tied to marketing products mecha has more freedom to have psychological elements.
>>
>>150853401
you forgot Aquarion
>>
>>150853401
Science-fiction is fundamentally beautiful and hopeful, even when it's about judgmental aliens or surviving a manmade disaster. Ingenuity and community are implicit in technology and building and supporting a bigger man to shitkick stars is about the greatest synthesis of it you could ask for.
>>
File: asuka crazy.jpg (75KB, 694x800px) Image search: [Google]
asuka crazy.jpg
75KB, 694x800px
>>150857360
More like a deconstrict, amirite?
>>
>>150857360
>It was a deconstruct of a mecha genre
Ive heard this but dont understand how so. Where can I read examples of how it is a deconstruction of mecha anime?
>>
>>150857445
>Because it's selling toys to kids, it has more freedom to be deep and confusing
Yes, and Yu-Gi-Oh! is the most deep, thought-provoking series out there, I'm sure.
It hurts
>>
>>150857752
I don't know where you can read it, but I'm sure you can. A few examples off the top of my head:

>Only a specific pilot can work the mech (explained)
>It's up to teenagers to save the world (justified, see above)
>Fighting monsters every week isn't that hard (subverted realistically)
>The mech power supply (more realistic, including all of Japan losing power)
>Collateral damage (actually acknowledged beyond "we need to fix the city")

You could also argue Asuka is a realistic tsundere, but it's more like she's the precursor, so she doesn't fit the archetype as well as you'd think.

For the record, the thing that makes it a deconstruction is that it takes scenarios/tropes from something else and puts them in a realistic light, either subverting them if they don't make sense or giving a more realistic explanation for them. Simply being realistic (as the characters are) doesn't make it a deconstruction, and simply subverting/explaining something doesn't make it a deconstruction.
>>
>>150857198
Code Geass must be your first CLAMP.
>>
>>150858129
Ahh, thank you.
>>
File: 1481084991943.webm (152KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1481084991943.webm
152KB, 960x540px
>>150853401
>ttgl
>good
>>
>>150857752
the most immediate examples are that shinji often cracks under the pressure of responsibility, and also almost everyone is mentally scarred by interracting or violently beating utterly alien entities

But it kinda isn't the point of the Anime.
On the surface is a deconstruction of genre, but the most prominent layer is the character study
>>
>>150853401
>animes
>those are mecha
>>
>>150857752
>>150858129
>>150858188
To be more specific, a Deconstruction is when a trope or archetype is played in a realistic manner, with all the consequences it entails that are often overlooked by previous works of fiction that employ those narrative device, often with darker results or with the trope not really happening.

Technically the one that provide a "realistic" explanation could be considered Reconstructions as you have the original trope modified in order to WORK in reality.
>>
>>150857578
From a certain point of view, yeah.
You could also say that getting eaten, unborn or mentally taken over by a hostile organism is nothing to look forward to, and that the freudian aspects of a devouring mother and an artificial womb make it even worse. Even under nominal conditions Evas are shown to be very painful and exhausting to use.
>about the greatest synthesis of it you could ask for.
Get tanged.
>>
>>150853401
Eva is only not shit anime on that list
>>
>>150855065
>gunbuster
>that girly mecha anime
Kek. Take a load of this faggot over here.
>>
Only TTGL is good, mecha is retarded and gurren lagann just owns up to it.
>>
>>150855666
HAIL SATAN!
>>
File: geofront mission control.jpg (36KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
geofront mission control.jpg
36KB, 720x540px
>>150858635
It's a big one!
>>
>>150858427
Thank God someone notices it
>>
File: NGE25Shinji01.jpg (15KB, 432x247px) Image search: [Google]
NGE25Shinji01.jpg
15KB, 432x247px
EVA was the worst anime ever made. Kyoani is the only studio worth watching. Watch a good anime by them instead of worthless Evangelion trash
>>
>>150858821
Agreed, even Mars of Destruction is better than EVA
>>
>>150858373
>the most immediate examples are that shinji often cracks under the pressure of responsibility
Amuro did this and ran away two or three times.
>>
>>150859224
It's even more like a kid running away from home, he storms out when he's called out for being shitty and he can't wait for them to be sorry he's gone.
>>
File: wat.jpg (75KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
75KB, 960x720px
>>150859398
I've started watching Zeta recently and I can only say Tomino's writing and worldbuilding is uncanny. Kamille gets emopwered both by running away and by witnessing the deaths of his parents. Both of which he'd been personally involved in. On the surface it's this whole socially acceptable story of a young soldier coming of age and overcoming the separation from his parents. But if you think too much about it, he's an accomplice to manslaughter and suddenly it becomes this twisted power fantasy for a certain type of viewer.
And what about the character (forgot name) that bullies Kamille in the first episode? He loses all the things he cares about as his life moves from one catastrophe to another. Or what about the vain female pilot that gets shot in the back? Is this Tomino's idea of poetic justice for when a character says one snappy remark too many?
>>
>>150858635
>mecha is retarded
And yet the biggest anime franchises are all mecha.
>>
>>150859224
Eva is not the only one that fetaured deconstructions
>>
>>150854170
absolutely correct.
both shows are a mix of everything popular in their times.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.