[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if it sucks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 19

What if it sucks?
>>
>>150811521
Well, it can't get any worse than the TV series and Rebellion.
>>
>>150811521
It's Madoka, of course it'll suck
>>
>>150811591
>>
can't be worse than rebellion right?
>>
>>150811521
Homura looks pretty sexy in this poster.
>>
something something never wrong to have hope
>>
I hope they go with the times and have male magical girls in this.
>>
>>150811521
Still more material for fapping. Nothing to worry about.
>>
>>150811563
>>150811591
I never understood this.Why does /a/ hate rebellion?The only thing I disliked where Charlotte and the fight scene between Mami and Homura, but the rest was great, the ending was great, the plot was great, what the fuck am I missing?
>>
>>150813421
They are edgelords who hate happy endings, that is all.
Most of them are mad everybody except Kyubey got a happy ending in Rebellion.
>>
>>150813421
>>150813493
Rebellion shat all over homura's character, and everyone else was irrelevant (as characters)
The idea of 'she's unstable and delusional so she snaps and overthrows madoka' isn't bad by itself, but it's handled like cold piss with MUH MISUNDERSTANDING
It was a fanwank cash grab, interviews confirm it as such
>>
>>150813421
It's a continuation to a series that didn't really need one, the story itself is much worse and the ending is a massive asspull. Also, the ending besically brings everything right back to where it was at the start of the series.

And the Mami - Homura fight is fucking quality.
>>
>>150813493
Madoka ended in a bittersweet ending.
Then they tacked on rebellion, which as nice as it was, just made the entire madoka series irrelevant, like a fanfiction piece becoming reality.
The story was complete before rebellion.
>>
>>150813676
The mami-homura fight, specifically the bit where they're in melee range swatting eachother's guns away, is literally the only good thing in rebellion, and that's only from a self-contained visual standpoint
>>
>>150813766
Not with that mediocre choreography.
>>
>>150813831
That sequence in specific stood out to me, with the little sways of the camera. The rest of the fight was mediocre, yes.
>>
>>150813676
I agree that the series didn't need a continuation, but it got one and they managed to make it pretty good, if anything its an accomplishment.
I like the story because we get more Homura and more Homura is good.Also it made sense and there were no eye-rolling moments, so while not as great as the series definitely not terrible.

The fight between Homura and Mami was terrible, however.It was the only moment I rolled my eyes, the same as I did in the series when they fought.Homura should have wiped the floor with Mami, given that she has probably a few centuries in which she did Magical Girl things and Mami had a few years at best.Also they were shooting each other's bullets.Also Homura's time-stop works only when the plot requires it to do, without any explanation as to why it doesn't.

But this is nowhere near deserving the amount of hate /a/ has for the series.I really think /a/ hates good endings.
>>
>>150813766
Well, no, visually the entire movie is solid, the soundtrack is beautiful as well. It's not a bad movie in general, it's just that it's bad compared to the series.
>>
>>150813973
The visuals were pretty, as were the visuals for the first two movies.
The soundtrack was good, as was the soundtrack for the series and priortwo movies.
If the only good things about the movie are things it inherited from what it's a sequel to, it's bad and unneeded. It's similar to why /a/ hates the rebuilds, and why people dislike sequels in general (with exceptions, see godfather pt 2)
>>
>>150813674
>Interviews confirm it as such
No source, statement ignored.
Homura is not delusional, what have you watched?Unstable yes, but not delusional.Look that word up if you don't know what it means.
And you can't say that the last few minutes of the film, when she actually overthrows madoka are handled badly, because the ending is a cliffhanger and you can't say it's bad until you see the continuation.From what we get to see there is nothing incoherent.Also there is nothing specific you can point out about it that makes it bad.
>>
>>150813421
>I like everything but what everyone else likes

Well, aren't you a precious unique little snowflake?
>>
>>150811521
Princess Tutu ripoff
>>
Speaking of >>150813676
If Code Geass R3 would be as good as Rebellion I would consider the franchise one of the best anime series in existence.
>>
>>150811881
This.

Magical fags is literally the second best selling late night MG after Madoka, just losing to Yuuki Yuuna.

Unless you count Symphogear.
>>
>>150814218
I've said in my original post that I disliked the battle scene, before I new that for some reason it's the only thing /a/ likes about the movie.I believe I gave sound enough reasons for my opinions so you can sleep well at night knowing that they were influenced by the movie and not by this board.
>>
>>150813970
>it got one and they managed to make it pretty good, if anything its an accomplishment
No it's not, "pretty good" is not enough if what you're working with is as good as Madoka.
>it made sense and there were no eye-rolling moments
I mean, fucking really, are your standards this low? It also didn't have any of the eye-popping moments of the original and that's kind of the main appeal of the series. And that's the whole point - Rebellion wasn't a bad movie, it's just that it was nowhere near the quality of the original and it feels like the entire series became a bit worse as a result.

And yeah, Homura's power is one of the biggest plotholes in the whole setting, but that's been the case since the beginning because that particular power is by definition a bit fucking broken.
>>
>>150814104
https://wiki.puella-magi.net/NewType_2013-09
>Because I wrote the original without a sequel-hook in mind, writing the new movie's screenplay had been a difficult process.
https://wiki.puella-magi.net/Megami_Magazine_2012-01
>There's not a total lack of service scenes, but I can't say that they are decidedly swimsuit or onsen situations…
I already pointed out a specific retarded thing: Homu's character development is flushed down the shitter because of
>muh midunderstanding
>>
>>150814378
You are right.However the franchise as it stands is incomplete and the movie ends in a cliffhanger, it's hard to judge it on it's own, without knowing what comes next.
>>
File: 1394673394510.jpg (6KB, 192x220px) Image search: [Google]
1394673394510.jpg
6KB, 192x220px
>>150813970
>I like the story because we get more Homura and more Homura is good
>they managed to make it pretty good
Of course you would think that, you fucking delusional Homufag

>Homura should have wiped the floor with Mami
Keep crying bitch Homu, Homura has always been a shit
>>
KyokoXMami is the true OTP and ACK is a double nigga. That's all.
>>
File: 1478496685338.png (239KB, 415x617px) Image search: [Google]
1478496685338.png
239KB, 415x617px
>>150814427
>I can't say that they are decidedly swimsuit or onsen situations…
How would /a/ react to Rebellion if it were literally all hot springs, beaches and amazingly choreographed fights?
>>
File: 1472330910929.jpg (123KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472330910929.jpg
123KB, 600x600px
>>150813421

>anime
>bittersweet ending that sums up the entire anime
>nothing happens with the main "villain" because he lies in some amoral grey area which is a proper conclusion for him
>fast paced with enough character development and plot

>rebellion
>clusterfuck of events
>unecessary fanservice
>nagisa
>goofy moments ruining the serious tone of the series (sayaka breakdancing/cake song)
>homura mary sue'd
>dude what if like mami and sayaka fight in a super shounen epikk battle
>all characters made irrelevant and playing secondary roles because their "arcs" are already completed
>ending is a cliffhanger
>kyubey fucked
>>
>>150814543
Oreimo levels of butthurt.
>>
>Mami defends Kyubey from Homura
>Mami ties up Homura in a Labyrinth, putting everyone in danger, Mami gets ahead of herself, dies like a cunt and Homura barely manages to clean up after her shit
>In the fight Homura's power simply did not work, so that Mami would be equal to her.
>Homura puts up with her shit for centuries, still treats her nicely every time.
You, sir, are delusional.
>>
>>150814687
Oops, this was meant for>>150814495
>>
>>150813421
"/a" hates Rebellion because everyone who isn't a literal retard discussed it to death during the first couple of weeks after the movie screenings and then the first couple of weeks after the BD release and now the only ones voicing any kind of opinions about it are the literal retards.
>>
File: 1471036526657.jpg (309KB, 1352x1582px) Image search: [Google]
1471036526657.jpg
309KB, 1352x1582px
>>150813970

> they managed to make it pretty good
>we get more Homura and more Homura is good.

>Homura should have wiped the floor with Mami
>muh donut steel OC character cannot lose

seems like you're just a delusional waifutard
mami is homura's reality check deal with it
>>
>>150814549
The ending of the original series wasn't the series at it's best no matter how you put it.Cliffhanger ending is not bad, there is another show coming.If there was not/there was only manga then it would be terrible.
Yes, the fight is bad, I said that.
The other characters weren't irrelevant.Only Mami was.
And no, there was no proper conclusion for Kyubey in the original series.He needs to either win or lose, otherwise it's like harem endings in romance.
>>
>>150814852
I didn't start the thread though.
>>
>>150814549
>sayaka breakdancing
That transformation sequence was fucking amazing you shut the fuck up you little shit.
>>
>>150814890
I would have no problem with her being Homura's "reality check" if that would've been handled properly.Mami is, however, only doing retarded things, like what I've said in my other post.
And you've gotta be kidding me.In that fight they literally made Homura not be able to use her only power to be on par with Mami, and also give Mami the ability to create a fake body, which if she had all along, why did she die to Charlotte in the series?Oh right because she had it only when the plot required it .Mami is a great character, but the other characters in the show are better.
>>
>>150814859
>made up person
If I made you up, you wouldn't reply
>>
>>150815189
Stop that.
>>
>>150814899
>Cliffhanger ending is not bad
HAHAHAHAHA
>The other characters weren't irrelevant.Only Mami was.
Nobody except Homura matters in Rebellion. They're literally only there to guide her character arc, which is complete trash.
>And no, there was no proper conclusion for Kyubey in the original series.He needs to either win or lose, otherwise it's like harem endings in romance.
>hurt i don't know what an open ending is and i can't tell the difference between that and a cliffhanger. Also me can't into nuance, bad guy need to win or lose
>>
File: brain problems.jpg (23KB, 291x302px) Image search: [Google]
brain problems.jpg
23KB, 291x302px
>>150815160
>In that fight they literally made Homura not be able to use her only power to be on par with Mami
Yes, let forget about the ribbon and how Homura power get totally fucked by maintaining contact with her body, fucking delusional Homufag
>>
>>150815338
>maybe if i keep replying to him he'll realise he's a retard and will stop shitting up the thread
Stop. For your own sake.
>>
>>150815338
It really isn't seeing how you post this copypasta here >>150814859 every single time.
>>
>>150811521
I'm actually really worried about this. The ending to the original series was fine, but nothing all that special. Rebellion, on the other hand, was absolutely brilliant all the way through as an installment of the series, but it wasn't very satisfying as an ending. It absolutely demands a continuation. So the quality of the franchise, and whether Rebellion really was as good of an idea as I think it is, all depends on how they handle the sequel. If it's crap, it'll probably retrospectively ruin Rebellion for me.

I'm actually very happy they're spending so much time on this rather than rushing to announce it as soon as possible. I'd be absolutely fine with waiting a few years if it's as great as Rebellion.
>>
>>150815418
Is this bait or do you actually prefer Rebellion to the series?
>>
File: G3J172D.png (460KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
G3J172D.png
460KB, 800x600px
>>150815301
The ribbon was shot though.She definitely had no physical contact with Homura after that.We see her body freeze ffs.IF she still had a ribbon, the ribbons her body was made of wouldn't have been frozen.Also, her fake body was an ability she didn't previously have.If she could do that why did she let herself be killed by Charlotte?Plot convenience is the reason Homura didn't win that fight and I'm still mad.
>>
>>150815470
I do. A lot of people do. I liked Madoka from the start but it wasn't that special before Rebellion.
>>
>>150815418
Explain, for every single character, what you think their role in the plot and character arcs were in the tv series. Then reconsider the ending and fates of the characters.
Then do the same thing for Rebellion.
I want you to realise how wrong you are for yourself.
>>
>>150815418
/thread
Can we go home now?
>>
>>150813421
>I never understood this.Why does /a/ hate rebellion?
I don't like anything.
>>
>>150815531
what

Why though? What did Rebellion even do, barely anything happened in that movie?
>>
>>150811521
>if
>>
>>150815568
Not only did it barely do anything new (homu usurps madoka, that's it), it UNdid what the series established
It was literally a coming of age story in reverse for Homu
>>
>>150815549
I don't deny that Sayaka, Mami, Kyouko and Nagisa didn't get much development in Rebellion. They were certainly worse than in the TV series. But that's fine. They've had their character arcs, Rebellion was about Homura.
>>
File: 1460165299232.png (209KB, 317x317px) Image search: [Google]
1460165299232.png
209KB, 317x317px
>>150815160

I'm not going to discuss this again because it always ends up with autists using their retarded headcanon to explain things ("it was homura fighting homura's labyrinth all along!" etc)

in fact, no matter how dumb or retarded your headcanon is that's still valid because rebellion feels like a fanservice/fanmade movie
>>
Why do buther's series always crash and burn in the long run?
>>
>>150815685
And all it does is take her character arc from the series and shit on it
She goes from accepting madoka's wish and moving on, right back to being a dependent child
And the way they do it is by a fucking misunderstanding, when homura asks her a loaded question
Rebellion was a polished turd
>>
>>150815764
But please explain to me what part of my post implies that?
I didn't even say anything about the show itself in that post, I only said that Mami defeated Homura only due to plot convenience, nothing else.Rebellion feels that way because it's very different to the series and we get Homura as MC from the beginning, and the movie focuses on her whereas the series felt like it had no MC and focused on all the girls almost equally.

Also since you were nice enough to call me a delusional waifutard, and I was nice enough to explain my opinion with different examples from the show, you should explain your own opinion and not back down the moment I bring any relevant evidence, while also not agreeing to what I said.
>>
>>150815800
I disagree; Homura never got any closure on her wish. Yes, it seems like she's accepting it in the last episode of the TV series, but we never see how that transition came to be. What made her suddenly accept Madoka sacrificing herself? They just end it without even fucking mentioning anything.

It's also clear that Homura, despite seeming accepting, is still latching on to her duty and obsession by the end. Rather than struggling and obsessing about saving Madoka, she's now fighting "to protect the world that Madoka gave her life for". She worships Madoka like a deity. Rebellion is about Homura realizing that it isn't enough, and takes back the agency Madoka took from her. This means she doesn't "worship" Madoka anymore. Hence all the nihilism symbolism.
>>
File: 1337648897448.png (43KB, 285x280px) Image search: [Google]
1337648897448.png
43KB, 285x280px
>>150815497
I'm going to tell you this just because you're too retarded to even understand what you're complaining about, Mami power is ribbons, she can created anything that she understands with her ribbons (this is how she created muskets), she understands her own body so she can created a copy of herself
>>
I feel like Rebellion fucked up a perfect ending and was just loaded with fanservice to appease the shitty otaku fanbase.

It's undeniable that the production was good and it was nice to see the characters again, but in the end it felt wholly unnecessary. And now with it being dragged on even more I'm losing faith in the Quartet and SHAFT. There are much less destructive ways to milk a series but instead they have to invalidate the sacrifice and suffering that made the original story so moving.
>>
>>150811521
It seriously can't be worse than rebellion story
>>
>>150816091

>focused on all the girls almost equally

that's why the anime is great idiot
all characters had proper development
even secondary characters (madoka's mom/teacher) had some with that dialogue near the end

rebellion is a shitty fanfic story about an OC donut steel character shitting on the lore
>>
>>150813674
>MUH MISUNDERSTANDING.

fucking this!

Seriously, madokami deserved to be punched in the face for giving sayaka the task of 'guiding' homura, because that wasnt guiding at all, it wasnt even giving clues at all.

Girl, if you target doesnt even have the smallest idea of what you are actually talking about, you arent supposed to talk like you are planning to kill her in her sleep, specially when you target and you have an actual history of enmity spanning god know how many timeloops, and said target has an actual hatred of the thing you are now without giving her not even the minimal amount of context.

For some reason, i imagine someine like nagisa, an absolute anomaly outside the main five would be more capable to help homura understand her situation, and what the law of cycles is actually about.

And this is even worse with sayakas comments about 'doing this plan the hard way' at the end, what was the easy way then? Kill homu the first chance you have?

I know this is fiction and you arent supposed to be angry, but this smells of contrivance SO MUCH its not even funny.
>>
>>150816393
Rebellion was fine if you just remove the last 10 minutes.
>>
>>150816153
>but we never see how that transition came to be. What made her suddenly accept Madoka sacrificing herself?
Kyubey says that Homu herself realises that the only thing that keeps her going is saving Madoka, and that's the only thing keeping her from giving in to despair. Note that in the flashbacks she was trying to save everyone before giving up on them. In the series, Homu is a more nuanced character than 'muh madoka'. After Madoka's wish, Homu can move on as her own person, while still honouring Madoka and what she did.
In rebellion she's reduced to a Madoka worshipper.
>takes back the agency that Madoka took from her
That sentence shows such a fundamental misunderstanding of both their characters that i don't even know what to say.
>>
>>150816254
Why didn't she think of that before she got her head chomped off?
>>
Imagine reading Les Misérables. You're ready to close the book, plainly satisfied by the ending.
Then Victor Hugo, freshly risen from his grave, takes it from your hands and starts writing a sequel in the inside back cover. Cosette becomes a super scientist and resurrects Jean Valjean. Meanwhile, French police transforms Javert's body into Robocop. The last words are "...to be continued in LES MISERABLES 2 (maybe)".
Pretty rude, right?

This is Rebellion.
>>
>>150816254
Ok, this is it.I'm going to assume you are retarded.
Let's start from the beginning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVi_fs2oz3E
3:34 -The bullet has cut the ribbon, and Mami is frozen.You can clearly see this.We get quite a wide shot, so we see that Mami definitely did not move her real body.If the body is made of ribbons, she would still have to move her real body, and we clearly see that she hasn't.When Homura starts time again she is on some rock.When did she get there?How couldn't we/Homura see her?

Besides that.After the ribbon was shot, even if she did all that , she would still be frozen in time, at the exact place she was at 3:34, and the bullet would've hit her.

Now explain if you were born retarded or have gotten this way over time.
>>
>>150816531
Because she was showing off.
>>
>>150816581
Imagine Rebellion never happenned.
Do you still need an explanation for how she didn't save herself in ep3?
>>
ack is a kyoukofag? typical

He will definitely reply to me since he KNOWS for a fact that he is ACK!
>>
>>150816581
Oh yeah, I can see how creating a ribbon clone that fights for you while you watch from a distance is kinda lame.
>>
File: 1470565248473.jpg (294KB, 800x710px) Image search: [Google]
1470565248473.jpg
294KB, 800x710px
>>150816548

I like this post.
>>
>>150816531
Her showing off caused her to get shocked and caught off-guard. She mistakenly thought that Bebe was just going to be an ez witch kill and didn't expect Charlotte to be so powerful.

Mami is a really powerful magical girl, but her biggest weakness is her lack of humility.
>>
>>150816643
>lack of humility.
How can you be this retarded
>>
>>150816558
The idea was that Mami went prepared, because she knew Homura's power, and the entire battle was Homura vs a Mami ribbon bunshin until the timestop finished, which is when the real Mami showed up.

>>150816615
No, as I said, it was well known, even before Rebellion, that Mami got killed because she was showing off and got careless.
With Homura, she went prepared and took her fully seriously.
>>
>>150816437
But anon, I did not say that as a bad thing.That was a difference I pointed out, and might be the reason you said Rebellion feels like a fanfic.

Rebellion was about Homura and that's not a bad thing.It could've been about any of them, but you could argue that Homura got little screentime in the anime compared to her importance to the plot, so a movie who is focused on her can't be a bad thing because of that alone.
>>
>>150816735
>b-but that's not necessarily a bad thing
If you're going to focus on one character, you need to do a damn fucking good job with that one character. Which rebellion doesn't, not even remotely.
>>
>>150816643
If that's really the case then she is a worse baka than Sayaka herself. If she had that technique in the series I'd imagine she would have been using it all the goddamn time. Why even show up to the fight when you could just have 10 Mamis each firing their unlimited musket works form 10 different angles?
>>
Rebellion is better than the main series.
>>
>>150816836
Fact: Rebellion is fanwank and the canon is both more internally consistent and objectively better if Rebellion is ignored
>>
>>150816519
>That sentence shows such a fundamental misunderstanding of both their characters that i don't even know what to say.

What about it? Homura was always the driving force of the plot in the series, until Madoka made her wish. Homura's wish was to be someone that could protect Madoka, and that was what she struggled for all that time. Yet in the end, Madoka is the one to protect her. You can't have missed all the symbolism with them passing the ribbon back and forth.

If you think Homura would have been fine accepting Madoka passing away and moving on, that's fine. I disagree though. Moemura hated herself, and Madoka was the only thing that made her life worth living. She even tried to kill herself at one point. All those years looping did nothing but strengthen her dependence on Madoka.
>>
>>150816874
I told you guys!

Now fuck off
>>
>>150816728
Thank you for properly explaining your reasoning, I apologise for assuming you are retarded.
>>
File: 1462428571414.jpg (69KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
1462428571414.jpg
69KB, 500x335px
TDS is more canon than Rebellion.
>>
>>150817014
TDS is miles better than Rebellion. But Rebellion is canon and TDS isn't.
And all we can do is cry.
>>
>>150817087
Have you ever stopped to acknowledge the fact your posts are beyond autism? Literally
>>
>>150817014
TDS is fine. Mami x Kyouko is better.

Rebellion should have been about them.
>>
File: 1458156889060.jpg (109KB, 849x607px) Image search: [Google]
1458156889060.jpg
109KB, 849x607px
>>150817092

TDS is canon in my heart.
>>
>>150817014
The only thing I didn't like from TDS was Sayaka beating Kyouko.
So, Mami gets her experience and seniority to be respected and yet Kyouko, who fought Mami to standstill loses to Sayaka in one of the stories? That's rubbish.
>>
>>150817309
Why don't you just ignore him anon?
>>
>>150816911
Moemura didn't fucking hate herself, she was under the influence of a witch when those thoughts came into her head
She was a blank fucking slate that wanted to be special, like Madoka was in the beginning
You can't have missed the symbolism when they reverse roles walking in the hallway
Moemura saw Madoka as someone she wanted to be and latched onto that, she got disillusioned with the rest of the magical girls, but not with Madoka
She gets over Madoka because there's more to Homu than just 'muh fucking madoka'
When Kyubey tells her about the threads of fate she wound around Madoka, that's a huge element that pushes her to realise the agency she herself had in the loops
Madoka set her free god damnit, and Homu moved on
>>
File: 1462166228698.jpg (4MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1462166228698.jpg
4MB, 5000x5000px
>>150813421
I love Rebellion. I watched the original series and while I liked it, I didnt fall in love with the series until I watch all 3 movies in a row.

/a/ just likes to shit on it because they wanna be hipster since most of them watched it while it was airing. They use things like "it was unnecessary" and "it ruined the whole series" just cause they dont feel special about watching it since the beginning anymore.

Rebellion was a solid movie all around. If you act like there was so much shit in it then you basically ignored most of the same shit that was in the original series because muh nostalgia.

Its getting annoying at this point when people keep saying it was so bad.
>>
File: Not following you here.jpg (9KB, 134x296px) Image search: [Google]
Not following you here.jpg
9KB, 134x296px
>>150817437
>She gets over Madoka because there's more to Homu than just 'muh fucking madoka'
>>
>>150817231
I remember you saying ''you painfully autistic retard'', does it mean YOUR assertion is correct? Why me and not you? who are you, a fucking retard? Acts like a valley girl, hyperbolic guzzler fests

You seat there whole your day and scratching your butthole while posting like a fucking faggot? Do you?

You are a huge fucking ache of oblivion.
>>
>>150817511
THERE ARE REPLIES IN THIS VERY THREAD DETAILING WHY AND HOW WE WHO THINK IT'S TRASH THINK IT'S A PILE OF DOGSHIT
>>
File: 1405496265871.png (342KB, 848x942px) Image search: [Google]
1405496265871.png
342KB, 848x942px
>>150817511
Also, to clarify, I watched it while it was originally airing too. People who say it ruined Homura's character are retarded. She's always been a little unstable so its not that groundbreaking that she did what she did.
>>
>>150817571
I've read these lame reasons a thousand times over the years.
>>
>>150813421
I don't hate Rebellion, but it was an unnecessary addition to a story that had a perfect conclusion.
>>
>>150817231
Didn't know he was a normalfag

/a/ is dead
>>
>>150817532
Worshipping/protecting Madoka is not the entirety of Homu's character in the series. It's a major one, especially in the latter time loops, but not the only aspect of her character.
It becomes the only aspect of her character in Rebellion.
>>
>>150811521
What is this thread about? Did they finally tell us the next thing they are doing? I havent heard shit about Madoka in a long time.
>>
>>150815531
Fucking thank you. All these spergs think its so cool to hate on Rebellion even today.
>>
>>150815566
/a/ in a nutshell
>>
>>150817810
autist
>>
>>150817857
Says the fag responding to him.
>>
>>150817812
>All these spergs think its so cool to hate on Rebellion even today
Why do they waste their time at trolling something they don't even watch?
>>
>>150815531
People liked Rebellion because it showed them what they wanted to see. Rebellion is, in a literal way, fanservice.
It also shat on the series. But people don't care.
>>
>>150817900
>>150817810
>>150817988
literal autist
>>
>>150817918
Because it makes them feel cool somehow. Like the fags who say "I dont even watch anime anymore but im still here" or "I only watch two or three shows a season" think their opinions are hot shit.

Basically why I dont come on /a/ much anymore. The quality of posting continues to drop although thats another sign of me being an oldfag because I know the quality has always been shit, it just takes time for you to see it.

I just lurk and watch like 5-15 shows a season like always.
>>
>>150818024
>shat on series
Fucking elaborate. I hate hearing it, but I forgot what you losers cite as "shitting on the series"
>>
>>150813173
>fapping to the megucas
Why for God's sake? There are just the barest hints of nudity during the henshin sequences, how can that be enough for you?
>>
>>150818025
Wow, not at all like you just did this same exact thing in the Izetta thread, !Akemi.

Seriously, you will not make your behavior look normal just by spamming it yourself. Because people outside of these thread don't act like. And outside of these threads is a lot better than inside these threads. So no matter how much you spam, it will never look normal.
>>
>>150818024
Rebellion is like Eva NTE except they didn't wait 10 years to make it and somehow shoved in even more fanservice. They could have adapted any of the more successful side stories or make an AU or something but for some reason they had to undo everything the TV series accomplished.
>>
>>150817810
damn autist
>>
>>150818273
>>150818025
>>150817857
Seeing as how you love spamming the word autist so much, I'm sure you could actually explain why you think these posts are "autism".
>>
File: 1480548284493.jpg (14KB, 231x231px) Image search: [Google]
1480548284493.jpg
14KB, 231x231px
>>150818387
I this nigga serious?
>>
>>150817918
>>150818077
Why do you faggots push that idea that if people disagree with you it's because it's cool? You have plenty of arguments in this very thread about what exactly makes Rebelion bad and yet instead of engaging in a discussion you choose to believe everyone who disagrees with you is stupid and trolling and probably should just fuck off to reddit as well.

I watched both the series and Rebellion earlier this year, didn't like the latter too much then went on /a/ and saw most people agree. Then I showed it to a friend of mine who has never even been to /a/ and he said Rebellion was absolute garbage and the visuals were the only redeeming feature, so I found myself actually arguing with him, because despite its flaws I did actually enjoy the movie both times I watched it. People can have different opinions so don't be cunts and let's have a discussion.
>>
File: 1477220885311.png (426KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1477220885311.png
426KB, 680x680px
>people actually defending the abomination that is Rebellion
>>
>>150811521
I'm worried about how it will end and what sort of themes they can focus on at this point.

Maybe Madoka and Homura are going fuse into one, or learn how to co-exist in the end.
>>
Rebellion was the best part of the entire franchise
>>
>ITT: faggots taking the "Rebellion was bad" meme seriously

>muh perfect ending ruined
It wasn't a perfect ending. It's a modicum of improvement over the old universe, where magical girls no longer become witches, but being meguca is still suffering. There's hope at the end, but the road is still shitty, as you're still forced to fight endless hordes of monsters and die young (like Sayaka). Moreover, Homura has lost her reason for existence. The only reason she hasn't killed herself is because she forces her to believe that Madoka did something she wanted to and she's honoring her memory. But with the only proof of Madoka's existence being her memory, she begins to doubt herself. The point is, Madoka never saved Homura.
>muh character assassination
Just proves how superficially you read into the movie. The crux of Homura's character rests on her single-minded sense of purpose to protect Madoka's happiness at all costs. There are two important revelations that are relevant to this: that while Madoka was willing and accepting in regards to her sacrifice, she did have a lingering sense of longing for her old life. While Madoka did not want her wish undone, Homura saw it as something she could have prevented, that is, Homura could have made Madoka suffer less if she had defeated Walpurgisnacht. Second is that the Incubators posed a threat to Madoka herself even if they were defeated now, it's not like they couldn't try again. Homura cannot accept this; she must act. And her action is extreme, decisive, practical, and self-sacrificial. Give Madoka her life back, and make her world as ideal as possible. That means bringing her friends back to life and repressing their magical girl powers so they don't have to fight, while managing the wraiths herself. And, of course, enslaving the Incubators, which is both pragmatic and karmically appropriate.
>>
>>150820610
The beauty of Rebellion is that it presents an antithesis to the series without discrediting it, as it upholds the themes of love and hope. Both Madoka's and Homura's universes have their flaws and merits and neither are fundamentally wrong. It's a cliffhanger, sure, but the movie is two hours long. What this means is that the new project can potentially deliver a conclusion that is more satisfying than either that of the series or Rebellion, if it's done well. As the popular prediction says, a dualistic synthesis between Madoka and Homura would be the most thematically appropriate as well as the culmination of the two leads' characters. The concern is whether or not it can be executed well. Rebellion was executed well, so it would not be to blame if the new project turns out to be disappointing.
>>
>>150820659
What is the word on this new project. This is news to me.
>>
>>150817437
>Moemura didn't fucking hate herself
I think it was made pretty clear that she did. Yes, the witch was what pushed her into attempting suicide, but I think her thoughts at the time were her actual opinion of herself; the witch only used those feelings to push her into suicide.

She really was always all about muh doka. What makes her an interesting character is how her obsessions are essentially a manifestation of her underlying mental issues. She never had anything worth living for, which is why she easily became obsessed once she met Madoka. She thinks she is worthless, so she wishes to become someone capable of protecting Madoka; to become someone she doesn't have to hate. And those mental issues are in turn a result of how shit her life was.
>>
My problem with Rebellion are the plot holes. The fanservice was annoying too but I could stand it
>>
>>150816836
Gee maybe it takes a bunch of magic or something
In Rebellion-world they don't have to worry about collecting grief seeds or anything so they can go all out, hence why she has a fucking Tiro Finale Cake Tank later
>>
>>150820744
Latest I believe was "we're working on the script" and that's about it. The Concept Movie/Trailer is on nyaa.
>>
>>150820864
>her thoughts at the time were her actual opinion of herself; the witch only used those feelings to push her into suicide.

Not necessarily. Witches don't need anything to work with to corrupt people, see Hitomi.
And very obvious parallels were drawn between Madoka and Moemura.
Homu is to Madoka in ep. 1 what Madoka is to Moemura in the first timeline. Similarly, Homura at first looked up to Madoka the way Madoka did to Mami. Homura did not immediately latch on to Madoka, she grew more and more attached as she became disillusioned with the rest of the girls. The breaking point is when Madoka kills Mami to stop the forced mass suicide.
Pay attention to the epilogue. She's grieving because she lost a very very close friend, but she accepts things the way they now are.
>>
>>150821783
Drama CD1 hammers in how self-loathing Moemura really is. And Moemura was much farther on the extreme than Madoka was-- she had no friends and was hospitalized for a long time.
>Homura did not immediately latch on to Madoka
Her wish was not "bring Madoka and Mami back to life" it was "I want to protect Madoka" in other words, "I want to be worthy of Madoka."
>She's grieving because she lost a very very close friend, but she accepts things the way they now are.
She's forcing herself to accept things the way they are. She can't do anything about it, so she's trying to come to terms with reality, but it doesn't sit well with her.
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.