[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you know stuff that we don't know, you're a cheater!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

File: beater.jpg (162KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
beater.jpg
162KB, 1920x1080px
>you know stuff that we don't know, you're a cheater!
What? Are they retarded?
>>
Trips speak the truth
>>
>>150808333
This was why I hated this show. Pretty much everyone by MC was literally retarded. People in real life aren't even so stupid that they'd ignore a guidebook to help them basically cheese an entire game
>>
>>150808333
Japanese gamers.
>>
>>150808561
you haven't played a lot of f2p games, have you? For every decent player there are 9 braindead russians.
>>
>>150808333
This kind of attitude actually warped me as a child, because I would get good at games like smash my friends would throw tantrums and say I cheated by using a certain strategy or because i combo-locked them. Ended up losing on purpose all the damn time to keep it fun for everyone.
>>
File: 1409963767829.jpg (40KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1409963767829.jpg
40KB, 499x499px
>>150808333
>You're a beta tester
>And a cheater
>You're a beater
Who thought this was good writing?

>>150808561
>People in real life aren't even so stupid that they'd ignore a guidebook to help them basically cheese an entire game
Especially when their entire life relies on their ability to cheese the game. It's quite literally a "Not dying horribly for dummies" book.
>>
>>150808772
braindead players don't have the capacity to even complain about things. They'd just go full cyka blyad or BR BR on you
This is just an example of creating a by-rulebook mary sue power fantasy about the masses blaming protagonist for being right
>>
>>150808864
You're right, but this game is VR. They act more like they would irl.
>>
>>150808333
That reflects the reality of every competitive online game ever.
>>
>>150808864
If your life depended on reading a fucking guide, yeah, it'd be kinda good to read it.

See >>150808845
>>
>>150808333
Why did that developer din't change a single thing after the beta and and they call it sword art yet the fighting style is so bland
>>
I've tried to watch SAO twice, but I can never manage to watch past that scene.
I just immediately lose all interest.
>>
>>150810109
Why bother? It's not worth watching. I read the LN and I regret it.
>>
>get called a beater
>glop asuna
Living the dream
>>
>>150808333
Yes, because Reki a hack.
>>
>>150810109
Just go for the Abridged series, it really makes you appreciate what can be done about all that wasted potential that the original has.
>>
>People keep hating on sao after 4 years

W-woah
>>
>>150810109
You can always read SAO progressive, as it tries to fix some of the problems found in LN and Anime, as well as being a lot more light hearted about the whole "traped in VR" thing
>>
>>150812554
>It's been 4 years.
>>
>>150808333

From their perspective, they're pissed off because this is a matter of life and death. Remember Dark Souls, and learn as you die? The issue is that if Kirito knew something, people would be like "For fuck's sake, fucking SAY SOMETHING you cunt. People, real people, died because you didn't say anything!"

The players are pissed-off because they've just fought a massive battle for their lives, and they fought it on bad intel. You have to understand that this wasn't a World of Warcraft raid - It was an actual battle, as if the people here had just gone into combat with an ISIS cell.

Then it turns out someone forgot to mention that the fucking terrorists had artillery support, and half the platoon got incinerated. Kirito was honestly lucky he didn't 'accidentally' get stabbed in the back.
>>
>>150808845
Dumb frogposter.
>>
>>150808772
This. people who don't know what they're doing in games will always call you a cheater after you rekt them.
>>
>>150812700
Thing is that Kirito wasn't actually holding anything back, the problem is that the boss had been rebalanced since the beta. Nobody will believe them though because they're already demonizing beta players.
>>
>>150812942

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm just saying that they have a reason to be pissed if they thought he was holding something back. (The reasoning behind it is pretty dumb, but it's still a valid one. The way it's brought up is really dumb too.)
>>
>>150812942
>Kirito wasn't actually holding anything back

He knew about monsters using that kind of sword and everything about them, but still that wasn't in the guide, if he would have shared all the info he knew that faggot would not have died like that.
>>
>>150812700
Then answer me this.

1. Is Jesus-kun a SINGLE beta tester on a whole Jap server?

2. Why the fuck do you even need to ask him anything then there's a Guide of "How not to fucking die and beat the first floor in SAO" written by Beta testers themselves

3. Even if the 90% of server population is a braindead retard, there should be competent MMO players out there that could educate the plebs about the basic mechanics of the game.

Yet, for 2 MONTHS out of 10,000 (or 8k as 2k managed died out of pure stupidity) not a single one managed to do the simplest of things.
>>
>>150813023

As I said, it's really dumb. It's an excuse for the LN protagonist to be wrongfully persecuted.
>>
>>150812990
As I remember he only realized it was changed at that instant so he didnt have time to react.
>>
>>150812942
>Kirito wasn't actually holding anything back

Eh, no. He knew shortcuts, bugs, locations of monsters and encounters\treasures, etc not documented in the guide. He is a huge dick to the common player, but instead of worshiping\begging\trying to aid him, they sperg'd out and called him a "Beater" woop de fucking do.
>>
>>150812700
Honestly anon, it's the fact that they called him a 'beater' that made it stupid.

If they had been saying something akin to what you posted ("You knew all this shit and said nothing and because of that people fucking died") then I think people would have had less of an issue with it. It's not just that it was a contrived reason for Kirito to be an epic loner hero underdog who's misunderstood by the other players (which it most definitely was because ultimately Kirito had no knowledge that the boss would use that kind of weapon and he could hardly brief the players on every single weapon he encountered during the beta just in case), it was also the WAY that it was said in the story that was really cheesy and stupid.
>>
Just another example of a scene that makes more sense in the abridged version, I suppose.
>>
>>150813397
>People can be retarded

I suggest you to play dota 2, or any moba shit and realize how fucking retarded can people be on videogames.
>>
>>150808845
The thing is, beta testers shouldn't even be that rare. There were 1000 players in the beta version of the game. Assuming they all ended up playing SAO, then 1 in 10 players trapped in SAO would be as familiar
with the game as Kirito was. An army of 1000 players arguably as experienced as Kirito should've easily been able to clear the game within a year.
>>
>>150814108
!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!
THE WRITING IN THE LIGHT NOVEL "SWORD ART ONLINE" IS TRASH WRITTEN BY A TEENAGER
>>
I don't think it's that their just dumb. They're just in a desperate situation. They just want someone to blame for all their friends dying.
Basically emotion killed logic for them and they want to vent.
>>
>>150814108
Exactly, but the strangest of it all, is that none of said players tried to establish a guild or cheese the economy\get a monopoly on a certain item(s)\gear or do ANYTHING with their vast knowledge of the game.

Some of that can be seen down the novels\anime, but is comes off really late or just incredibly convenient to make for a decent world building
>>
>>150808845
Is it really a "Not dying" book though?

Was it written before or after everyone knew they were trapped. If it was written before then the book probably goes under the assumption that dying and risk taking, while not favorable, is necessary. It'd be more of a "How to win, and find OP stuff" book rather than a "Keep yourself alive" book.

If it was written after they realized they were trapped then plenty of people would've died before they had a chance to read it or know it was available.
>>
>stupid people buy stupid game
>get killed by it
natural selection in action
>>
>>150814215
Alright then. lets talk about something less shitty then the original SAO.
When Vol4\5 of the Progressive manga is coming out?
What are the news on the film next year?
>>
>>150808333
Cheater is the one that bothered me the least

the "beater" thing that was completely retarded

one would imagine people would be flocking over and sucking his dick to get to know how the game works from someone who's been playing a while (especially in the conditions they were playing in), but they chose to start harassing him for no reason
>>
>>150808333

>First VR game, traps and kills thousands of people over several years.
>The government still allowed the further development of nervegear and VR gaming

Dude don't bother, the entire show lacks common sense
>>
Why didn't they just take off the nerve gear really fast?
Why didn't they open the device and cut the power to the brain-frying components?
Why didn't they EMP the devices?
Why didn't they spoof outgoing packets to fake a game-win state?
Why did they approve the production of a device that interfaces with a person's mind when it had brain-frying hardware included?
>>
>>150814356
>ANYTHING with their vast knowledge of the game.
The issue was that the beta test only covered the first few floors, so after they hit 10, beta testers lost all of their advantages.
>>
>>150808772
Upon reading that post to my brother, who's a big gamer, his response was, "Only nine?!"
>>
>>150812990
Katana weapons didn't even show up until the 8th floor or something. He'd have to dump a small textbook to cover everything that might possibly happen.
>>
>>150814108
A bunch of beta testers died off from unexpected changes. Some of them aren't even that good at the game.

Coper tries to MPK Kirito, but didn't realize the monsters were immune to the Hiding skill, and dies for it.

Diavel apparently can't recognize the difference between a Talwar and a Katanah.
>>
>>150817692
It presumably had failsafes that activated in the event of tampering or power loss
EMPs are not easy to generate or control
They didn't have a copy of the server software to figure out a win-state. More importantly, there probably WASN'T such a state in the code to begin with, since the creator was online and watching the game take place.
The hardware looked innocuous and had functions that the electronics regulators were unable to find
>>
>>150808333
Everything about this was retarded
>>
>>150821420
>trying too hard to fit in

tips fedora
>>
>>150821489
Name 3 things that weren't retarded.
>>
I want to watch a show about mmo players beating a raid, but seems the amount of fighting would be too demanding for tv budgets and they just devolve into a generic drama about 2 people sitting very still while talking how embarassed they are about bird & bees stuff.
>>
>>150817512
>the government
Video games as a whole almost died because ET sold poorly
>>
>>150817512
Don't let a couple hundred deaths ruin VR for the rest of us.
I still want to meet my waifu.
>>
>>150821598
Kirito being OP
All the girls falling for Kirito
Kayaba's plan
>>
>>150808561
Hence why I liked LH better. They understood they could transcend the game restrictions in their new world to build shit like steam engines and even god-like powers (in the way of changing game rules)
>>
>>150821810
Apart from the shitty drama thrown in, the first half of Log Horizon 2 is alright for this.
>>
>>150808333
Yes. Just as you are for watching that crap.
>>
>>150817512
>he doesn't know about Project Alicization

The government gives no fucks about a few thousand civ deaths because they are too busy planning to co-opt the tech to create hyper-self aware AIs to shove into their Combat Drones for GRORIOUS JSDF
>>
>>150813023
Kirito needs to look good and sympathetic and shit. You know?
>>
>>150812554
Well, it's probably one of the shittiest popular anime ever conceived.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.