[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really justifiable to regard a popular entry-level anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_8064.jpg (713KB, 1448x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8064.jpg
713KB, 1448x1080px
Is it really justifiable to regard a popular entry-level anime as "garbage", even if it is one of the most well-crafted pieces of media in animation?

This isn't restricted to pic related, I understand that something as lackluster as Naruto deserves every bit of criticism, but I've never understood the contrarian nature of some anime fanbases who say that a perfectly good show is shit just because its popular.

Now, just to clarify, I don't like Naruto at all, I only want to understand the reasoning of the people who hate on things just because they're popular.
>>
>>>/reddit/
>>>/mal/
>>
>>150805133
>Bebob
>Garbage

You don't use /a/ often do you?
>>
>>150805133
who thinks cowboy bebop is garbage?
>>
>>150805133
/a/ doesn't consider Bebop garbage. There really just isn't anything to talk about with it. Its one of those shows thats been talked to death because all it wanted to do was tell a story and entertain you. It didn't leave much to be interpreted so there isn't anything to talk about over a decade and a half later.

Now, people get shit on when they make a thread to the effect of

>Hai gais I'm new to /a/ but you like cowboy bebop too right XD

But thats to do with him being a fag than Bebop being bad.
>>
>>150805233
I wasn't talking about /a/, I'm talking about the behavior of the entire anime fanbase in general.

>>150805285
You raised a very good point, that type of question can be applied to any other pieces of media so I understand the logic behind it.
>>
We don't really hate them.
We just talk shit about them because we don't want reddit to feel welcome here.
People who legit dislike Bebop or TTGL are retarded.
When someone talks shit about them it to mock the fans.
Hating popular things is a self defense mechanism.
But this is what makes /a/ somewhat unique.
>>
>one of the most well-crafted pieces of media in animation?

Whenever people say that, it's inevitable to criticize it, which in the average Bebop fan's mind means insulting the best anime ever.
>>
>>150805465
I said that it's well-crafted because of how the quality and production value are so good, not just because it is entertaining to watch.
>>
>>150805455
>We
Stop fucking right now. Never pretend to speak for everyone, ever. Is like you are having this delusion that you are part of something and that something has your back. You are the very cancer you try to hate.
>>
So I actually recently saw Cowboy Bebop. Is quite good, but not the 10/10 a lot of people talk about. Can we talk about a few things?

Faye is the weakest character of the main crew. Why the fuck do we have so many episodes focused on her, with such little emotional payoff that you feel like they wasted so much screen time that could be used to tell a more interesting story. Do people actually like her?

Ed was wasted opportunity. Hardly interacted with the crew, especially Spike. Thoughts?

Movie was about two random fuckers instead of a celebration/fond farewell to the main characters, what the fuck? Why?
>>
I don't hate on popular shows, but I do think some of them are too overhyped. OP's picture is an example of this.

Granted, I think that it's exactly because the fanbase hypes it to hell and back I felt disapointed.

I like Samurai champloo more too

Opinions are opinions.

The anime is beautiful and has good soundtrack though, but the story and it's characters were too mediocre for me.
>>
>>150805939
>Movie was about two random fuckers instead of a celebration/fond farewell to the main characters, what the fuck? Why?

Because that's what the whole series is about.

Random fucks we don't give.

You can easily watch just the character intro episodes and then the last three or so and be done with it.

What a shitty anime, glad this "trend" wasn't followed.

Fucking stand-alone episode focused, I could never finish Ghost in the Shell SAC or Mushishi (heck, even watch it) because of this crap.
>>
All anime is entry level
>>
>>150806292
I doubt something like Monster is considered entry-level
>>
>>150805455
I legitimately strongly dislike ttgl tho, and I feel it doesn't deserve the classic status
>>
>>150806284
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.
>>
>>150806665
>sarcasm on 4chan

Anon, he's retarded, it's too late to give him the benefit of the doubt.
>>
File: 1475902813420.png (31KB, 278x245px) Image search: [Google]
1475902813420.png
31KB, 278x245px
>>150805133
Hello, newfag.
Before you continue posting, please make sure you've sought professional help first regarding your autism. Also, make sure you are over 18 years of age. I recommend being over 25, but the rules say 18.
>>
>>150805133
Bebop is only entry level because you are coming from a western cultural background and seeing familiar characters and familiar tropes in it. For anime it's actually not that mainstream or mass catering.

That said there's just nothing left to talk about it anymore.

I can argue with this guy >>150805939
why I liked the movie and thought Faye was not really the shallow character that she seems to be but I don't give a fuck about these repeated discussions by now and honestly I've forgotten a lot of the details in the show but I know how I felt about it and I'm sure a lot of /a/ have reached similar conclusion on many of these shows so it's just uninteresting to talk about them.
>>
File: IMG_7265.jpg (133KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7265.jpg
133KB, 680x680px
>>150806821
>posting a smug anime girl
>calling other people autistic

Who let you out of the mental asylum?
>>
I honestly think Bebop is an amazing example of storytelling in the television medium; it uses the episodic format to explore its characters and stories really well, and is a really cohesive and very well done piece.
>>
>>150805133
I'm not arguing with the idea that some people hate on things just because they're popular, but please don't get the idea that everyone who hates your favorite anime is one of those people.
>>
>>150806429
>HURRR JONAS IS A FUCKING MONSTER
>HE IS LIKE THE MOST EVIL MOTHERFUCKA AROUND
>MONSTER IS SOOO GOOD
Monster is entry-level as fuck
>>
>>150805455
Well I don't dislike TTGL but I do think it's extremely overrated, and nowhere near deserving of the "10/10 BEST ANIME EVAR" praise it constantly receives to this day. It's a fun show with a good message, but it's by no means an impeccable masterpiece.

The only popular anime I vehemently despise with a passion is Haruhi. Years later I still have no idea how such morally repulsive bile receives any sort of praise at all.
>>
>>150805133
>Is it really justifiable to regard a popular entry-level anime as "garbage"
No, never.
>>
>>150805133
It's not, but /a/ will continue doing so anyways. Why would you care about what people say about the shows you like though? idolfags will say shonenfags have shit taste, while shonenfags will say that idolfags have shit taste. Maybe both are right in this case though.
>>
>>150810508
>Maybe both are right in this case though.
Love Live and Naruto exist, so no.
I'm not even memeing.
>>
>>150805836
>wuz
>>
>>150805133

>well crafted masterpiece
>literally monster-of-the-day garbage

Cowboy Bebop is the far opposite of well crafted.
>>
>>150810796
(You)
>>
>>150810796
I haven't even called it a masterpiece, you moron.

I said it's well-crafted because of the production value and how rich the details are, it stretches from the music score all the way to pacing and animation.
>>
>>150805455
I also think that TTGL wasn't that good, I only liked Kamina and the fight scenes, that's about it.

On the other hand, I did like Kill La Kill, now that was entertaining.
>>
>>150805455
>Hating popular things is a self defense mechanism.
>But this is what makes /a/ somewhat unique.
Hyper-contrarians are rife across all of 4chan, not just /a/.
>>
>>150810625
>kangz
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.