[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sora no Woto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: XJ7cskV.png (2MB, 1200x2114px) Image search: [Google]
XJ7cskV.png
2MB, 1200x2114px
SnW thread

4 weeks until stream
>>
>>150795788
I'm almost done with this, started watching it because it seemed comfy. It is pretty good, but I don't really see the logic behind having a trumpet guy stationed in every tank. Do radios not exist in this world? They have telephones, but no radios? And every time they need to indicate something in the tank, they send a guy outside to play some notes? The battlefield can be fucking loud, how is that the best solution they've come up with? Secondly, Kanata is like 15 years old, why the fuck is she in the military? Kureha is even younger, so why is that allowed? I guess they're desperate for troops given whatever shit went down before the show starts.

And I like how they're supposedly not in Japan, and when Kanata brings out Miso everyone loves it and never had it before. Then later on they're taking baths and eating rice 24/7 like the Japanese do and even tempura frying vegetables which pretty much no one besides the Japs do. Is it really so hard for writers and animators to divorce themselves from jap culture for a few episodes? Just have them eat stews and bread instead, it makes so much more sense.
>>
File: 9f0d605f377680a1a83dde42c7e207ef.jpg (320KB, 800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
9f0d605f377680a1a83dde42c7e207ef.jpg
320KB, 800x1100px
>>150796622
>It is pretty good, but I don't really see the logic behind having a trumpet guy stationed in every tank. Do radios not exist in this world? They have telephones, but no radios?
They don't, that's how tanks communicated back in WW1 and before, when every squad had a buglar, it explains later that modern tech was mostly lost in the big war (Probably you're still on one of the early episodes)

>secondly, Kanata is like 15 years old, why the fuck is she in the military? Kureha is even younger, so why is that allowed? I guess they're desperate for troops given whatever shit went down before the show starts.
It explains that the military drafted kids during the war, but now enlistment is optional for kids, Kanata says she choose to join because she wanted to learn music on a military band.
>>
Is it that time already?
>tfw no more SnW content ever
>>
>>150797949
Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much. Like you explained it does make sense, I guess it just seems weird to us now.

I really like Kanata's asymmetrical hair, I wish that was more popular because she really pulls it off well.
>>
>>150796622
Nah you're on the right track just drop it now.

This show was never good.
>>
This show was amazing, but I'm not sure if you would like it as much as us Anons who watched it together back in 2010.

There was a fuckton of speculah (in fact, i think that term was coined because of this show), and people here noticed many details that would have been easily gone unnoticed by most otherwise.

This is the type of show that becomes a lot better if you're aware of the terrific world-building put in this story. It was really, really good.

There's a bit of the old speculah here:
http://soranowoto.wikia.com/wiki/Speculation

However, most of the info was posted in these threads, and I'm not sure every single bit got compiled in some wiki.
>>
>>150796622
In the inter-war period and early in world war two before radios became ubiquitous for every vehicle, many countries would communicate with flags from the lead tank. While radios exist in this world, they probably are rare enough that they are limited to command vehicles.
>>
This was a good series, one of my personal favorites, but the fanservice was forced and terrible.
>>
>>150801495
I haven't finished it, but I haven't really noticed too much fanservice. What do you mean specifically? I think it's pretty tame overall.

The animation style reminds me a lot of Konosuba, is it the same studio or something? I like it.
>>
>>150802157
It's only a few instances, but you'll probably know them when you see them. Plus the entirety of episode 7.5, but that's admittedly just an extra.
>>
>>150802269
Ah, yeah, I kinda forgot about the end of 7.5. Still, in the grand scheme of fanservice, it wasn't that bad.

>>150801062
if they used flags I would understand that, or if the girls were fighting in small armored vehicles I could see them maybe using trumpets. It's just the tank and trumpet combo which seems a little odd.
>>
>>150802829
It's definitely on the tame side, but I'd still rather it had followed Haibane Renmei's example and avoided those cliches.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.