[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking back, quite a few people actually disliked the ending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 51e54da3.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
51e54da3.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
Looking back, quite a few people actually disliked the ending to Code Geass. Did you? Do you think another season will do it justice?
>>
>>150788647
I feel kinda alone on this but I think it was a great ending.

I can't really relate to people that want happy ending so badly. To me this was great precisely because they had the guts to do something unconventional.
>>
>>150788866
>alone
Nigga what. The ending to CG is widely considered to be damn fucking good. Anyone saying otherwise is a contrarian faggot.
>>
>>150788955
This. In fact I don't think I've known or seen anyone shit on it other than the few contrarian faggots on here
>>
>>150788955
Yeah, even people who disliked R2 think that the ending was perfect.
>>
>>150790041
I loathed R2, most of /a/ did. But ending was perfect.
>>
>>150788647
I don't think anyone at all thought it wasn't fucking great, besides contrarians who either never watched it or secretly liked it but didn't like the effect the series had on the board.
>tfw 2017 will be 2006 all over again
>>
>>150790095
R2 was better than R1, I can't understand why it gets so much hate. Yeah, it gets fucking ridiculous, but it's entertaining as fuck. At least it wasn't boring.
>>
>>150788647
The ending was GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>150790771
It's like I'm really on reddit.
>>
>>150788647
Actually, I'd say that's the minority. Not the majority. Most people liked the ending of Code Geass and that probably won't change, regardless of how good or bad the new season or sequel movie is.
>>
It was a shit ending from an in-universe point of view. In there's one thing WW2 taught us, it's that the world doesn't get peaceful after the enemy is killed. The """""""peace"""""" Lulu created would've crumbled within a few years max, and Britannia would've collapsed on itself since nobody can take Lulu's place and he killed the only people who could rule it. The world would've devolved into chaos worse than any of the previous wars in the show.
>>
>>150788647
I loved the ending.
It's the middle that's unforgivable.
>>
>>150792486
WW2 did lead to a more peaceful world though.

Not totally peaceful, but more than before.
>>
>>150792486
Well, the sequel is only a few years after ZR so the show is implying that's not a final solution.
>>
>>150793679
Hopefully Ougi gets the final solution he deserves.
>>
>>150794001
A happy ending with his loving wife and kids in the Japan he alone created? Yea. He deserves to be happy.
>>
It was the spectacular ending to a wild and crazy train wreck.
>>
>>150790095
R2 is super rushed and mostly crap, ending was clearly planned though and marvellous.
>>
Lelouch became Suzaku 2.0 and sacrificed himself for the greater good to atone for his sins and blah blah. The show pussed out and didn't go all the way with his character.
>>
>>150794105
Ougi a traitorous shit who literally went out of his way to fuck over everyone he knows, hes a dirty bastard working for dirty britannians and literally traded his lifes work to get his dick wet.
>>
>>150794464
Ougi did nothing wrong.
>>
>>150794536
If anything, it's Lelouch's fault for trusting a jew.
>>
The ending is a Watchmen ripoff.
>>
>>150794195
Suzaku became Lelouch 2.0 because he now has to work outside the system. It's like poetry
>>
>>150794195
This. S1 was good because it was basically about following a stereotypical japanese antagonist as the protagonist.

S2 shit all over everything.
>>
>>150794747
How so? Because in the 2009 movie the world unites against Doctor Manhattan who becomes the scapegoat of all that is evil?

Too bad the comic is completely different in that regard.
>>
>>150794868
>>150794195

Lelouch was ALWAYS about the greater good.

He simply used the wrong methods.

The ending had Lelouch used the wrong methods for the greater good.

Nothing like Suzaku. The "sin" part is accessory.
>>
>>150796075
>sacrificed HIMSELF for the greater good to atone for his sins
S1 Lelouch wouldn't have done that.
>>
>>150788647
I think it redeemed the whole second season.
>>
>>150796935
Even from the start of the series, Lelouch insists those willing to shoot must be willing to be shot themselves. S2's ending is merely him acting on that philosophy.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.