[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it overrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: poon.jpg (40KB, 260x372px) Image search: [Google]
poon.jpg
40KB, 260x372px
Is it overrated?
>>
>>150728780
A little bit but it's still great. The good vibrations stuff brings it down.
>>
No, still one of the best manga ever.
>>
Why the fuck is there like 4 months between releases.
>>
Does it matter?
>>
>>150728780
Not really. I mean, any person with at least one neuron will realise it's shit.
>>
I think the overrating has calmed down quite a bit.
>>
No; but your taste might be.
>>
>>150728780
>something is good
>people get excited and say it's great
>now all of a sudden it's bad just because people like it too much

Fuck off with this shit. Only hipsters are concerned about how indie and obscure their series are.
>>
>>150729623
Nothing is good or bad its all subjective, stop caring about other people opinions.
>>
>>150728780
Yes. It's just a mediocre drama that tries to make you think it's more than that. Nothing horrendous but it really drags on and the gimmick of not drawing the MC as a human is mostly useless.

It would have been better if contained in 3-4 volumes.
>>
>>150729712
>Gimmick
Now I'm no 2deep4u pandering faggot, but are you serious?
>>
>>150729880
Yes I am.
>>
File: 146253685013.jpg (91KB, 336x442px) Image search: [Google]
146253685013.jpg
91KB, 336x442px
>>150729712
>gimmick of not drawing the MC as a human is mostly useless.
when you read a mango and doesn't understand anything
>>
>>150730461
I think it didn't really add anything to the manga, that's all.

Oyasumi Punpun is just a drama with some coating to make it seem "weird" and "unique".
>>
File: aaaaa.png (234KB, 460x537px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaa.png
234KB, 460x537px
>>150730960
>>
>>150729623
>Only hipsters are concerned about how indie and obscure their series are.

Well, that's punpun audience after all.
>>
>>150731039
Yes, and?

I've never read any convincing argument as to why Oyasumi Punpun is so great. It's always in the lines of "Oh it's so weird, so poetic. I've never read anything like that, it blew my mind lol."
>>
>>150730461
>>150730960
I never really thought about it.
Is it meant to make him isolated and different or something?
>>
agreed
>>
Underrated. It has the best art I've ever seen in a manga before. The background art looks realistic.
>>
>>150731672
that's pretty much the gist of it. basic bitch symbolism 101. Certainly not a gimmick, though. manga is a visual medium.
>>
>>150728780
It's every bit as good as people say it is.
>>
>>150731455
It has a good story anon. Do you need a 5000 words essay as to why someone enjoyed something?
>>
>>150731846
Anon, they're photo's...
>>
>>150731906
Maybe I've misused the word "gimmick" then. Replace it by "useless symbolism" if you want.
The thing is, it's not that I don't get what's behind it, I just think it's uninteresting. You can convey the same things through simple writing and drawing.

>>150732067
Why not? Why would I care about about the opinion of someone who just says "It's great and you don't understand it"?
>>
The only way a manga could be overrated is if we lived in a communist system and officials decided "this manga gets 100k copies and that manga gets 10k"
In capitalism each manga is correctly appreciated.
>>
File: 1479722535783.png (25KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479722535783.png
25KB, 1920x1080px
>>150732224
>It's just a mediocre drama that tries to make you think it's more than that.

>Why would I care about about the opinion of someone who just says "It's great and you don't understand it"?

why am I even here. Not going to waste more time
>>
This manga played with my emotions like nothing else.

When I first saw Aiko's dead body(thanks /a/) I felt like shit for a week. It was such a bleak and gutpunch end to her story arc. First anon is right, good vibrations brought it down from a 10 to a 9. That and God which was a needlessly pretentious addition
>>
>>150732271
Well, it's your right not to care about my opinion.

I could write a lengthy review of Oyasumi Punpun and why it's bad. And I might actually do it, just not right now. But you're the retard that implied it's not a good thing in the first place to make an elaborate argument.
>>
>>150732224
>You can convey the same things through simple writing and drawing.
Do you even like the comics medium? or any visual mediums for that matter? Because it doesn't sound like you do.
>>
>>150732953
Why Would I be on /a/ if I didn't like visual mediums? And were we talking about me or about Oyasumi Punpun?

I don't like symbolism when it serves no purpose. Drawing Punpun as a little bird or as a tetraedron adds almost nothing to the manga compared to drawing him as just a faceless man or a regular character. It doesn't make the story better, it doesn't make the character more relatable or believable. It's just "Here is how the MC sees himself and how he feels" in your face.

OP asked for opinions. I gave him mine. Then a few people are telling me I'm wrong but none of them bothered making an actual argument.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.