[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished Fullmetal Alchemist 2003. What a fucking fantastic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 51EwY8SqhHL.jpg (56KB, 355x500px) Image search: [Google]
51EwY8SqhHL.jpg
56KB, 355x500px
Just finished Fullmetal Alchemist 2003. What a fucking fantastic show.
Is Brotherhood an improvement?
>>
Why don't you watch it and find out?
>>
>>150716756
Bantz aside, people usually like their first version, I read the manga and I like Brotherhood better. Some people said they didn't like the pacing for the first 20 episodes, I don't remember so I can't say for sure.
Tl;dr go watch it you dumbass
>>
>>150716756
It depends on what did you like about the 2003 version. Brotherhood has more battles and it is more optimistic.

Watch the openings and make up your mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHrqzSsY9QI
>>
>>150716756

Brotherhood is amazing.

It's annoying to watch because the story starts off the same way the 2003 anime does, so rewatching it becomes a chore to start. Honestly the 2003 anime did a better job in the beginning than brotherhood did IMO. I like the story better in Brotherhood. Better fights, better ending. The dark ending to the 2003 version left me brooding and sad, so the happier ending to Brotherhood was way more satisfying to me.
>>
Brotherhood has a happier ending. both are good though.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (247KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
247KB, 1280x720px
Pacing at the beginning is all fucked up, but overall Brotherhood is better.

And that ending is way better.
>>
If you liked the ending of 2003 probably not.
>>
File: 1234108682967.jpg (104KB, 682x480px) Image search: [Google]
1234108682967.jpg
104KB, 682x480px
>>150716756
2003 is better for ~20 episodes. It handles Lior, Tucker/Nina, and Laboratory 5 much better than Brotherhood does. After that though the 2003 version goes full retard with its original plot whereas Brotherhood follows the manga which is much more fitting thematically. Also the fights are better in Brotherhood.

Give it a whirl but the early episodes will bore you, fair warning.
>>
>>150716756
2003 > Brotherhood

Particularly if your interest in the series stems from the drama and thematic elements of the former, since Brotherhood drops most of that and is mostly superior in regard to having more action; don't expect the OST to be on par, either. If you want a solid battle shonen, though, the only thing you'll find of comparable quality is Hunter x Hunter.
>>
>>150716756
Prepare for disappointment and fucking shonen.
>>
>>150716756
Brotherhood is higher quality, but since it follows the manga, you can choose either or.

There is a noticeable dip in the story's pacing at some point. I forget. Had a lot of snow.
>>
>>150716756
2003 has better character development

Brotherhood tells a better and more complete overall story.

Both are fantastic.
>>
>>150718086
>Brotherhood
>better.
>>
File: Winry bathing.gif (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Winry bathing.gif
3MB, 600x338px
In some ways yes, in some ways no.

Brotherhood has a tighter narrative and an overall better final boss, but FMA2k3 is undoubtedly better in the drama department and capturing the emotional brotherhood between Ed and Al.

As I've always seen it, they're both two sides of the same coin; they're a tale about two brothers seeking what they've lost in a cruel world, and their journeys lead to similar, but fundamentally different ends.

The first anime is more grim in its overall message; that you must accept the cards life has dealt to you, but never give up the fight to keep what you still have.

Meanwhile, the Mangahood shows that through persistence and sacrifice, you can overcome seemingly impossible odds and grow stronger as a person.

So really, it boils down to whether you like seeing the characters ultimately accept that they can't always get what they want, or defeating near-impossible odds to regain something precious and dear to them.

With all that said, I think we can all agree that Mangahood Winry is sexiest Winry.
>>
>>150716756
Basically what others said. They are different, but both are good in their own way, so I suggest you watch both.
>>
File: Gallery_27901_4_13410.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gallery_27901_4_13410.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
Disgusting lack of shotacon in BH.
>>
>>150720262
>>150721110
Agreed, actually. 2003 is indeed better in some departments, but it was also fun seeing the Brotherhood anime slowly veering off from the direction it shared with 2003.
>>
>>150716756

not really, they're quite different imo.

if anything you'll really appreciate it cause more FMA.

feel free to skip the first 10 or so episodes, they cover the same things as the original FMA first arc.
>>
People who genuinely like 2003 more than Brotherhood have brain damage.
>>
Hated the 2003 anime so much by the end, only finished it because I was already into show about 3/4 of the way.
Brotherhood is far better, don't see a reason to watch the 2003 version honestly.
>>
>>150716756
>Shounenshit
>Fantastic
I think r/anime is more your speed kid.
>>
>>150716971
I saw the original anime and when I saw Brotherhood later I enjoyed it. They do rush over the first bit since it was covered in the first anime though, so I do think that the original did that part better.
>>
>>150723696
The only person I've met actually enjoyed it more was a severely mentally ill tranny, so I agree.
>>
Brotherhood is obviously better since it was #1 on MAL before Kimi no na wa came
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.