[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do writers always insist on shoehorning cliched character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 13fc78254080daee.jpg (42KB, 901x800px) Image search: [Google]
13fc78254080daee.jpg
42KB, 901x800px
Why do writers always insist on shoehorning cliched character archetypes?
>>
seriously, I insist.
>>
Why do people watch anime and complain about cliched character archetypes?
>>
>>150707455
Because it's easy to write?
>>
>>150707455
What's cliche about her? All she is is a cute girl.

I'd like to have sex with her.

She is very cute.
>>
File: 1435012239644.jpg (40KB, 258x237px) Image search: [Google]
1435012239644.jpg
40KB, 258x237px
The industry is an abstract kind of hell. And otakus don't like originality so if they can label everything in their favorite series then it stops selling well and then is cancelled.
>>
>>150707455
Because that pic you have there is of a fanfiction, and fanfictions are filled with cliches.
>>
>>150708946
That's a boy.
>>
>Hey I am "Wrath" my claim to fame is throwing tantrums, whining , calling for my mommy and crying like a little bitch!
>>
>>150707455
Because they are easier to write and every cliche has it's fanbase, with unorthodox characters you are betting with the high chance of failing and the aditional effort to write it well puts some creators off
>>
Because the writers are otakus who unironically like the cliches they use.
It's better than cheap subversion for originality's sake.
>>
File: 1463276617069.jpg (40KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1463276617069.jpg
40KB, 512x512px
>>150709114
Ah yes, one of those cute girls (male) I've been hearing all about.
>>
>>150707455
Filler character
>>
>>150709152
Well, thats a problem when you base your characters around abstract conceps, you don't have that much freedom, but then again, there are ways to do it different

>wrath: i look calm because i can control mi anger very well, but trust me, i want to murder you
This with a very polite way of speech
>>
>>150707455
part of their culture
>>
>>150709411
Jewish doublethink in action, lads
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.