[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>subs say Malefic World >text clearly says Sin World What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: pascmw.jpg (60KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
pascmw.jpg
60KB, 960x540px
>subs say Malefic World
>text clearly says Sin World

What is up with these shitty subs?
>>
>>150706021
It's common practice to translate the card names too so the audiences who know the TCG don't get confused
I think it's a bit ridiculous but here you go.
>>
>>150706021
speaking of yugioh what happened to dark dimensions
>>
>>150706736
BD release soon
>>
>>150706021
thats why i watch dubs
>>
>>150706225
It's understandable, but you may as well watch official subs if you're going to put up with that, especially since a lot of them go back and forth between translating names and using the TCG names.
>>150706736
BD is March 8. It premieres in English earlier (though I wouldn't watch it).

>>150706828
Gross.
>>
>>150707408
those are official subs

Fansubs use JP names
>>
>>150706021
TCG localization. All religious reference are removed (pentagram, star of david, sin, etc...) to appease to the American parenting sensibilities. At least its not as retarded as Savior Star Dragon/Savior Daemon Dragon being changed to Majestic Star/Majestic Red because only Jesus can be a savior.
>>
>>150706225

I don't think it's ridiculous. It's like watching phoenix wright but with all the japanese names. If you've played the trilogy a dozen times it doesn't matter that you know his name is Ryuichi Naruhodo in Japanese you're still gonna have that second of "who the fuck is ry-oh right it's Phoenix." in your head every now and again, and a good translation is supposed to keep shit like that from happening. Granted you could say that's a problem caused by shitty localization on Capcom's part but I'm not gonna get into that can of worms of a discussion.
>>
Should I read the manga of Yugioh or the anime? I'm talking about the first one where Yugi is the protagonist.
>>
>>150710215
Manga
>>
>>150709730
I watched Gyakuten Saiban subbed like any sane person would
>>
>>150710215
Manga. The anime adapts it pretty loosely, and usually butchers everything.

The only episode that's really worth watching is the anime-original one with the statue game.
>>
>>150709730
I had the same deal when I played digimon cyber sleuth with the weird disconnect between the text and what they were saying
>>
>>150710215
Anime is more canon than manga, especially if you plan on watching DSoD.
>>
File: BTk7D.jpg (424KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
BTk7D.jpg
424KB, 1440x1440px
>>150709730
A good translation translates. Tough shit if someone watched the dub, you translate what is being said. Viz and Crunchyroll threw the old shitty Sailor Moon and Detective Conan dub names in the trash with the subs. Only jew companies use dub names in subs like they are doing with DSOD and Digimon Tri.
>>
>>150709730
>what the fuck is rame- oh, it's hamburgers

>>>/v/
>>
>>150712442
>Digimon Tri.

Fuck off.
>>
>>150712764
N-nani?
>>
>>150712442
>A good translation translates.

Is that why your example picture has TL notes and honorifics?
>>
>>150714471
They translated it
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.