[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine how much better DB could be if they killed of Goku for real.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

Imagine how much better DB could be if they killed of Goku for real.
>>
>>150687771
Toriyama killed him for real twice though.
>>
>>150687771
Isn't that pretty much what they will do at December 25?
>>
Hit better put that motherfucker in a goddamn grave on the 25th
>>
>>150687771
Goku drives the plot tho.. dude always starting shit trying to fight even stronger things. Vegeta just gets complacent when hes at the top and even gokus kids don't give a shit about fighting. If goku dies the show dies.
>>
Imagine how much better DB could be if GT and Super didn't exist.
>>
>>150691910
Imagine how good DB could have been if it never existed.
>>
>>150687771
DB is and always will be shit.
>>
>>150691910
You forgot z db would be so much better without dbz
>>
>>150693235
t. z babby
>>
>>150687771
Imagine how much better DB would be if they killed/ended the series for real after the Frieza Saga
>>
>>150694105
Buu and especially Cell sagas were better than the Frieza saga, eat shit.
>>
File: 1470878253594.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1470878253594.gif
1MB, 320x213px
Imagine how much better DB would've been if Toriyama decided to end the series before DBZ
>>
>>150694668
DB is inferior to Z, sorry elitistfag.
>>
File: 490.jpg (28KB, 627x626px) Image search: [Google]
490.jpg
28KB, 627x626px
>>150694702
>>
>>150694859
>someone said something I don't agree with
>m-must be bait
Do you feel accomplished now, meme-posting like some sort of faggot?
>>
>>150694859
The DB series in general is overrated, but at least it isn't as bad as DBGT
>>
File: jew_basic.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
jew_basic.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
This is what the DB series looks like in my eyes
>>
File: 1455501122059.jpg (9KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1455501122059.jpg
9KB, 184x184px
This is what DBGT looks like in my eyes
>>
>>150689719
>killed him for real twice though
you do know the dead don't come back right
>>150689913
killing goku on Christmas would be the greatest present ever but toei and got the balls
>>
>>150694668
>the world without Z's legacy

/a/ would have 4-8 people posting here. Mostly hardcore Evafags.
>>
Cell saga was the perfect ending. Goku's gone, Gohan succeeds him as the top tier fighter, Piccolo's at peace with himself, Vegeta decides to quit fighting, and everything's resolved nicely for everyone.
>>
>>150687771
Not much. See the problem is is that Goku is the driving force for Dragonball. Why? Because he constantly wants to get stronger. To reach new heights. Not out of some obligation to protect people, but out of his own personal desire to become the best. He lives for the thrill of fighting bigger and bigger challenges and that desire grows with the threat level of the enemies he faces.

With him gone that driving force is lost. Vegeta mostly only trained because he had Goku as a rival. Without him he's just basically keeping himself in shape and not trying to reach new peaks.

Gohan loves justice but also doesn't like hurting people. He's not trying to reach new peaks at all, but he does want to be able to protect people if they're in danger

Kriliin, Yamcha, Yajirobe, 17, 18 and Roshi are all basically retired more or less. They've long since resigned themselves to the sidelines.

Piccolo basically just fills the role Kami once did, staying on the lookout with Dende and training people if the situation calls for it.

Tenshinhan, while continuing to keep up with his training, is still completely outmatched by saiyans and other threats and is mostly just continueing out of self improvement.

Goten and Trunks just view fighting as play time.

For the most part, Goku's desire to improve himself and everyone's tendency to try to keep up with him is a huge driving force in a lot of dragon ball that just wouldn't be around if he wasn't.
>>
>>150696868
This
>>
>>150697331
It could have been really interesting to see Gohan become the MC and have an internal struggle of not wanting to fight but also needing to because nobody else can protect the Earth except him.
>>
>>150698638
Even halfway through the Buu saga that hadn't already happened so I don't see that really having happened. A lot of people say Goku coming back ruined Buu saga, but I think people forget Goku only fought a couple times.

1. Against Majiin Vegeta
2. Stalling against Majiin Buu
3. Against Kid Buu and he needed help from Vegeta, Majiin Buu and the spirit bomb to finish him off.
Gohan fought Super Buu as equals for quite a while before Gotenks got absorbed and even then he held in there. Even at that point where Gohan was effectively the only person who COULD stop Majiin Buu he never really had some sort of internal struggle. He was just like "Whelp, Buu is a monster so I gotta fight him".
I just feel like even without Goku's intervention, Gohan would still probably not have had as much of an internal struggle against super buu. MAYBE if Buu continued to be innocent Buu and showed signs of being kind (to satan ,the puppy, the blind kid etc) gohan might've had qualms about completely destroying him. But since super Buu basically genocided everyone, gohan really had no reason to not want to destroy him.
>>
>>150687771
He fucking tried, then people disliked Gohan so he had to come back.
>>
>>150695628
>>150695668
And Z and Super?
>>
>>150698638
Jesus christ, no, no more of this conflicted reluctant hero who doesn't like to fight garbage.
>>
>>150696868
This, plus a timeskip like the one at the end with Uub, showing an older Gohan living a peaceful life.
>>
>>150698638
That sounds really horrible. What's interesting about that?
>>
>>150696109
>you do know the dead don't come back right
What series do you think you're watching?
>>
>>150703131
IIRC, the only way to kill anyone permanently is killing them while dead.
>>
>>150703533
*cough*hakai*cough*
>>
>>150703533
Which is it? I remember them saying both in the anime. That you can't die because you're already dead and that if you do die again you'll disappear.
>>
>>150703959
>That you can't die because you're already dead
That was just in a filler. In the manga the possibility if dying when already dead is only brought up during Buu's rampage in the after life. It adds tension since Vegita is already dead.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.