[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is she the worst anime character of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

Is she the worst anime character of all time?
>>
She would be close to the best were she in something different.
>>
>>150680724
She's not even the worst gundam girl. You know Nina Purpleton was a thing, right?
>>
>hating Relena
found the faggot
>>
File: 1445999217831.webm (1003KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1445999217831.webm
1003KB, 1440x1080px
>>150680724
kys
>>
>>150680979
Poster child for a forced waifu.
>>
>>150680724
No, it's Shakti.
>>
>>150680724
No. >>150679862 is.
>>
>>150680724
I'm going to marry Relena!
>>
>>150680724
No, but Heero is. Or maybe Minmay.
>>
>>150680724
When I first saw this I was still didn't follow fandoms. I didn't learn about the hate for her till years later. I never understood the hate, I just assumed it was for getting in they way of their favorite yaoi pairing.
>>
how does this bitch look so comfy all the time
>>
>>150681189
>Heerroooo! I'm right here so come kill me!

She literally had no reason to get so invested in Heero's life story in the beginning. The show creators should have waited for her father's assassination before starting Heero and Relena's relationship.

All of the other Gundam pilots who had forced waifus at least obtained their respective waifus though logical means, like Trowa joins the circus and meets the knife thrower. Their relationship made sense.
>>
>>150681147
>Minmay

Not even the worst Macross girl.
>>
>>150681286
I've only watched SDF but the mere possibility of a girl being more worst than Minmay boggles the mind.
>>
literally embodiment of autism

even reccoa seems normal compared to her
>>
>>150681368
Kaifun in drag.
>>
>>150681368
That's because most people only watched DYRL and she's decent there
>>
>>150681380
Pretty sure Wing in general is the literal embodiment of autism, although Gundam 79 might even top Wing.
>>
>>150681418
Fucking secondaries
>>
File: NinaCrazy.jpg (349KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
NinaCrazy.jpg
349KB, 1280x800px
>>150680724
Annoying, but tolerable.

Pic related is much worse.
>>
>>150681418
>>150681368

Might be we're not talking on the same level. As far as a "character" goes, I don't find her poorly written or illogical, which is what I thought the point is. Her personality is a selfish one, but she's also highly motivated and ambitious. She worked hard to get where she eventually was, but ultimately she was still a child, something the show tried to convey by contrasting her hard with Misa (and, indirectly, Hikaru). She represents what Hikaru was at the beginning of the series, while Misa represents what he is at the end. Hikaru remains infatuated with her like most people are with idols; they're ideals and dreams, but not reality (despite Minmay most representing a "real" person considering things).

The film really undid a lot of this, to the point where you're not 100% sure why Hikaru went the direction he did. She's still selfish, but now it's more of an "overworked and wanting something for herself" kind of selfish (kind of a dig at the idol industry, even back then).

tl;dr she at least makes sense within the context of Macross.
>>
>>150681549
Nina is a great character. She is intended to be hated.

Relena is intended to be liked.
>>
>>150681549

Nina purpleton from 0083 is horrible too
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.