[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toriko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 00131.jpg (70KB, 384x768px) Image search: [Google]
00131.jpg
70KB, 384x768px
decided to get into Toriko to get my fill of buff anime men. What should I expect?
>>
It's like one piece meetes db but with food.
Read the manga.
>>
>>150675111

Initially enjoyable universe, good buffness, good themes, but the series had production problems that led to major problems with the story later on. Characters are just dropped, stories cut short, filler... but it's passable.
>>
First half better than second half but its not something I'd reread. It tries to throw in to many plot points after the Gourmet Olympics(or whatever it was called) midway through the story.

They just drop the main villain and all the tension, do a weird Food Illuminati subplot that goes nowhere and rush the story along. Then repeat the same mistake with the introduction of the final villain again.

If big dudes fighting monsters is what you want then the early bits are probably for you. After a certain point fights just turn into punch> zoom out to a full view of the earth with a big special affect on it> then the opponents reaction to the attack.
>>
>>150675111
Read the manga.
>>
>>150675111
Make sure you read the manga. Everything is a steady climb of increasing hype until the around the late 20's volumes where it reaches maximum hype. After that it's a much quicker decline into a rushed mess of a story.
>>
The anime butchered it. Watch the OVA and then read the manga
>>
>>150675111
>Is this a jojo reference?
>>
Rbb
>>
>>150675111
Shit,read Baki instead.
>>
>>150675854
>First half better than second half
this kind of goes without saying for shounen manga, they blow their load early on and the mangaka runs out of ideas and motivation and keeps milking it

in fact the only shounen I can think of that has a better second half is FMA
>>
>>150681100
You got me there. What I probably should have said was how it changed is what made it worse.

Since it goes from fairly basic action/adventure to Gourmet Illuminati and Ancient Space Demon Stands being the focus of the story
>>
>>150675111
It's a shit series.
>>
>>150675111
As everyone already said don't watch anime, its garbage. Read the manga instead.
>>
monster hunter gone wrong, don't waste your time

read golden kamuy instead, it have both food and manliness and is way better than this
>>
Sequel after db super right?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.