[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say that Hideaki Anno has decided that khara will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: onemorefinal.jpg (63KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
onemorefinal.jpg
63KB, 848x480px
Let's say that Hideaki Anno has decided that khara will produce a new Evangelion TV series after the conclusion of Rebuild, since he's already admitted that they're going to milk the IP hard.

But here's the catch: YOU have to help him come up with a concept. It can be a continuation, a spinoff, or an alternate universe, but it must pertain to Evangelion as a whole. How would you approach this feat that's left even the master stumped?

Hardmode: No adaptations of existing material or a SoL spinoff
>>
The Eva kids start an idol group with Misato as their manager. Shinji's in drag.
>>
>>150652491
/thread
>>
>>150652407
I'd do a shot for shot remake of old british TV show UFO, but with evanglion characters and animated.

If anno is going to be a hack, why not go all out by pointing out one of the key things he blatantly stole from to make eva?
>>
File: WXM8nlY.png (195KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
WXM8nlY.png
195KB, 500x335px
>>150652407
Make an anime around that whole toast scene.
>>
File: 9757.jpg (147KB, 850x798px) Image search: [Google]
9757.jpg
147KB, 850x798px
>>150652407
Ecchi Harem anime with heterosexual Kaworu as the MC
>>
>>150652713
I think there's at least 3 manga spinoffs based on that or a similar idea.
>>
>>150652407

It's a pastoral setting where evas are used for farming.

I call it: TURNIP-A EVANGELION
>>
A retelling where Shinji is more like a hot-blooded shonen protagonist that focuses more on Eva's wrecking Angels than it does on psychological shenanigans.
>>
>>150652407
16 years timeskip, but everything is still roughly the same, just even more grim. Shinji is awakened from cryosleep and has to adapt to everyone hating him for no reason. Nobody has aged but Asuka has an eyepatch.

lol j/k who would do such a thing
>>
>>150652887
The OP asked for a TV series.
>>
File: Misato_shinji_kiss.png (240KB, 533x411px) Image search: [Google]
Misato_shinji_kiss.png
240KB, 533x411px
>>150652407
Probably approach it from a level more suitable for newfags for more money. Which means go off of the little AU where Shinji was about to be the MC of a harem.

If not that, though, probably have a continuation of the original series for the aftermath of the Third Impact. I feel like there would be enough story afterwards for a 24 core. If you went more into the future of the characters left since their pasts have been described. Probably put it some years into the future, though, still having Shinji as MC but now trying to research the origins of the Angels instead of just defending the planet from them.
>>
>>150653080
Yeah, one not based on preexisting material.
>>
>>150652980
>>150653052

I see what you did there.
>>
File: IMG_0259.jpg (66KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0259.jpg
66KB, 500x286px
Make a continuation for original series and EoE set after third impact, a great post-apocalyptic shitfest, where original characters must now adapt to new world and new attitudes, this is what og fans would want
Anything else must not involve any of the original characters (only supporting ones), since its embarrassing to see them act out of character
>>
>>150653103
>>150653511
I would like to see this a lot desu
>>
>>150652407
>continuation
Okay. You've read Project Itoh's Harmony, right? I'm thinking of reversing/subverting the Instrumentality that happened at the end of EoE - through people who are sick of it. I know this will say "FUCK YOU" to the good ending the anime already had, and that it will feel like a cheap cashgrab, but what the hell, might as well go this route.
>>
>>150653511
The first cour would start with Asuka and Shinji, then Rei 2+3 would wash up halfway through. Second cour would open with Misato and Kaji washing up on a different beach.

The plot would mainly revolve around reflection on the past and the characters coming to terms with themselves and the world.
>>
>>150653796
They could potentially come back to life considering the LCL did envelop everyone. I would like to see Misato alive again.
>>
>>150653871
I'm just making sure, they can get out of LCL, right? It's just up to their decision?
>>
>>150653940
I mean unless Shinji has some stupid power or something. I remember the narrative around that being that being with everyone would make no one ever feel pain again. I would assume off of that, that a majority of the people would have stayed together in the fluid. Considering that Misato said that after all of this she would give Shinji succ I would like to see her come back, same with Kaji and his want to protect.
>>
>>150652407
A world hundreds of years after 3rd Impact.

Arcologies exist as islands of civilization. The general lack of space, work and commerce makes them into melting pots of human hatred. Most maintenance, production and commerce is done by expert systems, advance AIs based on NERV design but greatly improved. As people slip into crime or mental illness, they leave the arcologies on their own or are kicked out by the arcology's private police force. The events of the original series exist (in a twisted and perverted form) as animated shows and games. They are very tongue in cheek and full of triple meanings. The experiences of souls in 3rd impact, or a tiny fraction of them, exist as a memory engram. It circulates the underground market and deep web, and drives anyone who watches it to suicide.
While doing groundwork to build a future arcology, the AI designated "Anticipation Of A New Lover's Arrival, The" discovers a dormant, heavily damaged core. A new Seele is soon formed and animosity immediately breaks out between the human, hybrid, cyborg and AI staff members. Backstabbing and incompetence amongst the staff soon creates a fourth Impact, regenerating the core which proceeds to destroy the research site and start a new generation of angels.

A young boy is waiting in the main on level 31. As the elevator doors slide open, a mysterious, attractive woman with green hair gestures him to follow here. He is about to embark on a journey he will never forget...
>>
>>150654020
Yeah, I guess you're right. I'd love to get a sequel.
>>
>>150654108
I would too anon ;-;
>>
>>150654123
Yay, I'm (not) alone ;-;
>End of Evangelion
>My life is so empty now
>>
>>150654199
About to watch it for my third time with some friends that I'm getting into the show. Hopefully they can help me grieve ;-;
>>
>>150654083
This sounds like a very good concept for the state Anno was in back then, but would he want to go back and do that again? Kind of seems repetitive from the first and some ways detached from the original title.
>>
>>150654231
Btw, did you watch Rebuild? I didn't and I don't know if they're even worth watching.
>>
>>150654280
No I haven't and I don't really want to. I feel that it would ruin my feelings for the original series. I liked the dark feeling of the series too much to convert to a lighter tone with very little character development. I can live with old animation for the better story.
>>
File: 1403848060500.jpg (62KB, 450x557px) Image search: [Google]
1403848060500.jpg
62KB, 450x557px
>>150654407
I thought so.
Here, have a Rei anon :D
>>
>>150654475
Thanks anon :^)

I'd give you some of my OC from Evangelion but got new PC and wiped drives D:
>>
>>150654407
Don't bother with the rebuilds. They will just make you feel trolled, which I guess was the author's intention.
>>
>>150654669
Shame D:

>>150654675
Why? Are they bad, or just different?
>>
>>150654738
Both. Imagine the people you grew up with were replaced by dolls or ayy lmaos and no one noticed but you. The characters are bad in that way. Disonant. Eerie even.
>>
>>150654675
That's what I was thinking. Thanks anon
>>
>>150654925
Oh. Really? Why would they do this?
...right, $$$.
>>
>>150655035
Tfw don't live in a perfect world where anime producers don't do it for the money :^(
>>
>>150655201
Well...I guess we can at least be happy we have the original series and End of Evangelion.
>>
>>150655267
Yeah, at least the ending was meaningful. Even if that's all we get :D
>>
>>150655491
Looks like we derailed that thread (not that I (or anyone) care :D
>>
>>150655639
Good, imagining more of Evangelion makes me sad that there probably won't be more
>>
>>150655767
Yeah...well, we have to stick to other series.
>>
File: eva UI 01.gif (49KB, 479x270px) Image search: [Google]
eva UI 01.gif
49KB, 479x270px
>>150655491
>>150655767
One of the reasons I rike it is exactly because of its uniqueness.
It cannot be replicated by an author who hasn't had a personal experience, or by someone who's not interested in telling a story. You can copy it on a superficial level, but you won't get the same thing, because at that point it's not your story anymore.
>>
2-3 centuries after 1% of human population managed to get out of LCL, they started living in an isolated area on the planet. after a while, LCL starts evolving and giant humanoid monsters start attacking people. they decide to build walls around their city to protect themselves from the giants.
>>
File: IMG_0299.jpg (206KB, 577x534px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0299.jpg
206KB, 577x534px
>that fucking dialogue with emoticons
Tell me it's ironic
TELL ME :DDD
>>
File: 1480809351485.jpg (125KB, 739x555px) Image search: [Google]
1480809351485.jpg
125KB, 739x555px
>>150657586
Rep'd for nonironic frogging.
>>
File: fugg.jpg (30KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
fugg.jpg
30KB, 500x281px
>>
>>150657695
I really want more shorts from the perspective of civillians/non-combatants. It was amazing how this abruptly transitioned from generic Japanese highschoolers to "holy shit she's about to get gibbed by third impact".
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.