[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else seeing this in theaters tomorrow for the 15th anniversary?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (995KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
995KB, 1280x1024px
Anyone else seeing this in theaters tomorrow for the 15th anniversary?
>>
>>150523294
I was sorta surprised that this show became the best selling when it's really hard to understand the story, especially for kids
>>
>>150523386
It is just a fantasy adventure story for kid.
>>
>>150523386
But it's pretty straightforward
>>
>>150523386

What's hard to understand about it?
>>
>>150523386
you're a retard
>>
I saw it in theaters when the English dub first came out. I was already a fan of Ghibli movies on VHS but seeing this one on the big screen blew me away. Totally a life changing moment for me,
>>
>>150524098
*your
>>
>>150523386
>it's really hard to understand the story, especially for kids
The kids I've taken to watch it seem to think otherwise. Maybe it's your understanding skills what are at a fault here.
>>
>>150523294
I was thinking about it, but the theater around here will put the movie in the theater with the smallest screen. I don't think it'll be worth it.
>>
>>150523386
More like it's surprising that this film became the best selling when it's not even among the top 5 Ghibli movies.
>>150523573
>>150523448
He's probably comparing to shit like disney movies where characters act like total retards and the plot messages explain themselves for you. Spirited away is easy to understand, but I think the subtlety in the messages and character interactions within the film is certainly above what normally airs in american movie theaters, but that's standard to Ghibli works. Also, people underestimate kids, they aren't total idiots when it comes to understanding plots and subtlety
>>
>>150523294

I'm working and the nearest theater is on the other side of my state. Fuck my life.
>>
>>150524777
a-anon, why are you taking kids to the theater?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.