[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overlord Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10

File: did someone say...best son.png (123KB, 247x425px) Image search: [Google]
did someone say...best son.png
123KB, 247x425px
Best son edition.

Discuss Overlord, it's anime, and it's LN here.

Anyone have a timetable for the next LN release? Is the movie still coming? CAN ANYONE TOP BEST SON?
>>
>>150492392
>Discuss Overlord, it's anime, and it's LN here.
>Discuss Overlord, it is anime, and it is LN here.
>it is anime,
>and it is LN here.
really?
>>
File: 1438520973728.jpg (36KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1438520973728.jpg
36KB, 225x225px
>>150492428
I'm OP, Im' allowed to be retarded
>>
I like skeletons
>>
>>150492392
Can't wait for Lizard sex! Also revival ward has runes.
>>
Ok, so why is Ainz are so careless about using the message spell? He was warned about it's main flaw - you can confirm the identity of the one who calls only by voice.
The fact that
>Voice change magic exists
and
>Nazarick denizens are trigger-happy about following Ainz orders
is a recept for huge disaster to happen.
This skeleton is usually acting careful, why is he so careless about this one thing? Or do Maruyama are hiding some details from us which Ainz are already aware of? Like "NPCs can sense Ainz aura even from message" or "There is a system or person(like Nigredo) in Nazarick which can track false messages", or something in that spirit?
>>
File: og.jpg (140KB, 1192x889px) Image search: [Google]
og.jpg
140KB, 1192x889px
>>150492392
vol 12 August 2017
vol 13 December 2017

Advance tickets are now on sale.
No confirmation yet whether it'll be 1 movie per vol or if both movies will cover vol 1-3.
>>
File: 1462139012339.jpg (174KB, 800x542px) Image search: [Google]
1462139012339.jpg
174KB, 800x542px
>>150494148
>it's main flaw
Yggdrasil spells do not fail without interference.
NWers can fuck them up due to not being the naturals to tiered magic.
Ainz is safe.
>fake voicemail
Nigredo is probably on guard against this.
It's not clear if any NW entities can contact Yggdrasil entities at all: Ainz was the one calling Fluder, not the other way around.
Also you probably can't call someone you've never seen and in Yggdrasil I doubt you can message anyone but [Friends] or [Guildmates].
Otherwise spam tactic could be used to distract opponent in battle.
>>
>>150494545
>can message only [friends]
But this is not an Yggdrasil anymore, spells are working differently now.
Like, only Ainz could open his tier 10 fortress, and Shalltear could friendly fire her summons for extra health.
But i am in agreement about Nigredo being a possible vanguard against fake voicemails and false messages, although it's unconfirmed and just a headcanon right now.
>>
>>150494336
The undead King and The dark warrior Momon.
Just gonna cover v1&2
>>
File: 1467986107471.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1467986107471.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>150495079
>Just gonna cover v1&2
What studio?
>>
>>150495220
DEEN
>>
File: 1452709941920.jpg (152KB, 640x724px) Image search: [Google]
1452709941920.jpg
152KB, 640x724px
>>150495389
Why not picrelated?
>>
Ive just finished LN 3, and have been going through all of the supplemental materials (watched the anime, the OVAs, the manga, the side stories etc)

I have to say, Overlord is in a strange place because the LN is certainly 100% it's best content. And it's fantastic. I usually fucking hate LNs but it's hella good.

Do you all think the recap movies will lead to either a second anime season or more PPP specials or such?
>>
So, any news about 12?
>>
>>150496695
come back in 7-8months and ask that again
>>
>>150496505
I don't think that we should expect a season 2 ever, but new specials and the likes? There is good chance with this ones.
The fact that Ainz act like an adult undead being and not like a bratty teenager probably helps a little in it being a good power fantasy. Glad that someone also enjoys this.
>>
If Ainz gave Shalltear an enema with health potions would she die? how long till she fucks up again and what would be her new punishment?
>>
File: 1478428726018.jpg (57KB, 565x565px) Image search: [Google]
1478428726018.jpg
57KB, 565x565px
>>150497137
>fuck up again
She didn't in the first place.
It was Ainz who fucked up sending her without proper comm, WCI or support on standalone mission so early on.
>again
Never.
She's educated now and has WCI.
>>
>>150496861
There's three factors that make me like it so much
The first being how scientific he is about everything. I can totally get how some people would complain about it being too slow but for me I absolutely love how slow he takes everything. It really satisfies that power fantasy in that he doesn't just have the answer all the time as much as he very cautiously approaches it in a set manner. The contrast between his Momon handled his first encounter and how Shalltear did illustrates it perfectly. Momon used every opportunity to gauge out what could go wrong even though he's super powerful, while Shalltear, even though she's also stratospherically stronger than anything, didn't have a plan or care to be meticulous so it fucked her over.

The second is ambiguous morality. In the LN especially it shows through so much how even his otherwise trivial interactions are all meant to be for his and Nazarick's own gain. Even the way he kinda strings Albedo along has tact to it and isn't completely just 'comical awkward love interest'

And finally, I've fuckin been where Momongo has, man. I had a squad of people I played online in a bunch of different games with for years that they've all since gone their separate ways. It seems that factor kinda diminishes as the series goes on but those expressions of his nostalgia with his guild mates hits close to home.

Great series, yeah. Hope it keeps going for a long time. Gotta get back to reading it, I'm only on vol 4 now. Albedo best girl.
>>
What was Albedo's original role in the Guild and why make her a slut?
>>
>>150494148
It will play a big role later, maybe narberal gets a fake call by ainz then gets killed and her head impaled on a spear and put near nazarick.
>>
File: 1461240573980.jpg (100KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1461240573980.jpg
100KB, 500x500px
>>150499233
>role in the guild
Stay in the throne room and look pretty.
Tank any invaders made this far with her abilities.
Die buying time for AOG to prepare for their last chuuni stand.
>why make her a slut
Why pump Shalltear full of fetishes?
Cuz her creator thought it's neat.
>>150499377
>Narberal head on a pike
Oh shit dis would be good.
>>
>>150499233
Though I learned differently from the LN where apparently there's a fetish of 'also the character does something completely and utterly incongruent to everything else that you'd expect' that her creator has, I had assumed the slut line was always kind of a self aware joke. Like the guy writing the backstory had made these pages upon pages upon pages of what in his mind was in the end kinda pointless backstory, and after looking at it all having gotten serious and really into it laughed at himself and throws a semi-self aware line in at the end as a sort of symbol saying 'yeah I know I took this a bit too seriously'
That seems reinforced by the fact that it was a single short line compared to everything else the description has autistically obsessed over. I'm not convinced the whole 'gap moe' thing is an accurate assessment on Ainz' part and think he's once again just over thinking things and giving his guild mates too much credit. A running background theme in his whole characterization as the guild leader is that he took it a lot more seriously than anyone else, and while the guild members that made npcs probably did spend some time writing the back stories there's nothing to say they actually cared THAT much about them. It's reflected in how Ainz keeps all their equipment around even when they just told him to sell it off because they weren't coming back.
>>
File: 1468336653315.gif (766KB, 336x576px) Image search: [Google]
1468336653315.gif
766KB, 336x576px
>>150500923
You could've just said backfag + gap moe.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.