[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kimi no Na wa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: thumb-1920-736451.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-1920-736451.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Just got back from this, I don't know if /a/ has discussed this to death already, but I'm guessing there's a spate of people right now who probably just watched it after the Dec 2 release in 85 countries.

Pretty good, I enjoyed the visuals quite a bit and there were some decent gut punches in there. I went in pretty much blind, apart from knowing about the body switching. So the bits about the meteor and the 3 year time gap were neat surprises.

The music sequences felt a bit new to me, I did like them overall though for time lapses and other great shots that they helped show off. At first I was confused why a movie had an OP like a show would have.

I might watch it once again before its run finishes so I can grasp some things I missed, especially since I basically watched it raw since I couldn't read the subs(they were Chinese).
>>
>>150487194
>visuals
>visuals
>visuals
>visuals

kek
>>
>>150487275
So?
>>
>>150487194
It starts off great and then falls flat on it's face half way through
>>
>>150487194
Take away the stunning visuals and this was a 5/10 at best.
>>
>>150487194
Nice blogpost. Subscribed!
>>
>>150487402
Which bit do you think? I think it kinda jumps the gun with the sudden "3 years ago meteor" that MC somehow completely missed the first time around. Also that despite smartphones, MC didn't bother to at least check where the fuck in the boonies her town was while he was in her body.

>>150487439
Agreed, the leftovers aren't inherently offensive to the senses though.

>>150487451
Thank! Don't forget to upboat!
>>
>>150487504
Pretty much everything you mentioned. This would have been better as a two season anime series without the time travel bullshit. The most interesting part of the movie was the whole body swapping part and it was mostly skipped
>>
>>150487636
I don't think Shinkai has the feel for TV anime anymore, nor that for working on that kind of budget scale. He should have written a basic outline i.e. his novel and had a different script and screenwriter. Just leave visual direction and base story line ideas to him.
>>
File: 59016582_p0.jpg (69KB, 724x1000px) Image search: [Google]
59016582_p0.jpg
69KB, 724x1000px
>>150487194
What did you think of the kuchikamizake?
>>
>>150489498
That's one kinky god, I envy him.

I didn't exactly grasp why MC thought drinking it would trigger that peyote dream, also who exactly drew that painting of the comet in the cave.
>>
File: 1480713994144.jpg (160KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1480713994144.jpg
160KB, 600x800px
>>150489672
Shinkai has burrowed deeper in the fetish rabbit hole from feet to snowballing and saliva fermenting.

Because of the whole bond and union thing with the braided cords, and how Mitsuha's sake is a part of her because it was in her mouth.

As for the painting, it might have been drawn by past shrine maidens. The implication was that the comet disaster happens once every millennium or so.
>>
>>150490151
>As for the painting, it might have been drawn by past shrine maidens. The implication was that the comet disaster happens once every millennium or so.
Oh yeah, the whole thing about the entire line of shrine maiden's having the "weird dreams" that they end up losing memories of and that the comet struck 1200 years ago as well. That clears things up.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.