[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is his agenda? Is Kaworu evil? What are his flaws? If he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

File: A_Smile_of_Betrayal.png (788KB, 985x644px) Image search: [Google]
A_Smile_of_Betrayal.png
788KB, 985x644px
What is his agenda?
Is Kaworu evil? What are his flaws? If he is an idealized version of Shinji - how? What is the life lesson that Anno wants to give with this character?
>>
>>150484370
he's best boy
>>
>>150484370
Shinji was gay all along.
>>
>>150484370

>What is the life lesson that Anno wants to give with this character?

That sometimes the only person who truly loves you wants to involve you in a dangerous, likely toxic relationship.

Kunihiko Ikuhara is still waiting for Hideaki Anno to return his affection.
>>
>>150484790
How was this relationship toxic? He tried to understand humans and did not use Shinji as a stepping stone (only person in the whole series to do this).
In the end he knew that it was either him or Shinji and he gave Shinji the ability to make a choice - he didn't force him in any way. He knew humans hold life as the biggest value while his angel mindset didn't really care about it, hence deciding to die in order to save Shinji and humanity.
>>
File: 1480705992058.jpg (87KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1480705992058.jpg
87KB, 640x640px
>>
File: IMG_0227.png (677KB, 843x637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0227.png
677KB, 843x637px
Something about "running away is normal and blah blah blah" as pre-EoE Anno said
In EoE he symbolized escapism for me as Shinji really loved him and love Kaworu offered him was quite straightforward. Shinji was a pussy afraid of being hurt and all.
>>
>>150484370
He was hung like a donkey
>>
>>150484370
Like every eva character, he is deeply flawed. His flaw was that he thought he had no free will, and thus needed to recombine with Adam. Despite knowing more about the evas and angles than any character except, perhaps, Yui, he chose to put his goals ahead of any other concerns. This drove him to conflict with shinji, who then ripped his head off both in self defence, and for betraying him
>>
Something about free lunch, and how there isn't any.
>>
File: 00h37m48s686.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
00h37m48s686.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>150484370
>Is Kaworu evil?
No, just like the rest of the angels he just wanted his species to survive.
Same as the humans.

>What are his flaws?
Suicidal is an understatement. He sees life and death as the exact same things, no one has more benefit than the other.
He doesn't understand why the humans want to live so much, he only lived up until now because he thought that was the reason for his existence.
He has no other motive to keep breathing.

>If he is an idealized version of Shinji
Everything Shinji wants to be - confident in himself, knowing how to communicate with others.
Most fucked up is that Shinji doesn't have the strength to kill himself despite wanting to (the scene where he sits on the cliff), and yet Kaworu does. Shinji considers this ideal.

>What is the life lesson that Anno wants to give with this character?
I think he just wanted Shinji to experience what it's like to love and be loved, and what better way to have that with your sworn enemy rather than a fellow human?
As the audience we're expected to see the angels as the bad guys, and we're not supposed to sympathize with them, but we see fellow humans like SEELE doing way worse stuff, and we realize that it isn't so black and white.
The angels are like us in a lot of ways, and it would be hypocritical to judge them when they're doing the same thing we are: acting on the instinct in survival of the fittest.
>>
>>150484790
>likely toxic relationship.
he's like the only person in that series that showed shinji genuine affection
>>
File: kawo3.png (402KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
kawo3.png
402KB, 853x480px
>>150485240
>In EoE he symbolized escapism for me
How is that possible when in EoE he berated Gendo on running away and discussed with Shinji the benefits on living in reality instead of Instrumentality?

I think you must live a very pessimistic lifestyle if someone being nice to you and loving you with no ulterior motive suddenly equals escapism.
There are kind-hearted people in this world, you know. However rare they might be.
>>
>>150487105
>I think you must live a very pessimistic lifestyle if someone being nice to you and loving you with no ulterior motive suddenly equals escapism.
Not him but this hit way too hard. Please let me hedgehog in peace
>>
>>150484370
Reminder that Shinji is straight
>>
>>150487132
same
>>
File: 31754748_p0.jpg (2MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
31754748_p0.jpg
2MB, 3000x3000px
>>150487132
>>150487353
I'm sorry, anon-kun.
>>
File: kaji_fgsfds.jpg (43KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
kaji_fgsfds.jpg
43KB, 446x400px
>>150487380
I just realized something.
We're all the same five posters from a couple of days ago.
What if it's not even that, but we're all the same person?
>>
>>150487437
>We're all the same five posters from a couple of days ago
This is like the first eva thread I've posted in, in like, months if not a year. This time it's some fresh hedgehog for your collection.
>>
>>150487437
We're all stuck here forever.

At least we have each other.
>>
File: IMG_0188.jpg (762KB, 2533x2291px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0188.jpg
762KB, 2533x2291px
>>150487437
>>150487596
I love you guys
No matter what we think of Eva we always discuss it as it should be discussed
With waifu and Kawoshin shitstorm
>>
>>150488018
I wish I could give shota Kaworu a piggyback ride
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.