[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finally got around watching Code Geass and I just got to this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 9

File: Euphie's_Massacre.png (928KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Euphie's_Massacre.png
928KB, 1280x720px
I finally got around watching Code Geass and I just got to this part, why people hated it?
>>
>>150450201
It was an asspull.
>>
>>150450416
>asspull
There's that word again.
>>
It was very clever and audacious.
>>
>>150450416
Why? Lelouch knew that his Geass could go wild like Mao's but he didn't care about that risk, so that shitfest happened
>>
Bad taste.
>>
>>150450201
They hate fun
>>
People didn't hate it, they just might hate what it did to characters they care about.
>>
>>150450201
People loved it
>>
File: All according to plan.png (261KB, 715x412px) Image search: [Google]
All according to plan.png
261KB, 715x412px
>>150450201

Because they were faggot eleven lovers who got BTFO
>>
>>150450201
faggots love euphy for some reason. I like her better this way
>edgelords
>>
It's a major plot point that happened by complete accident.
>>
>>150450810
Not exactly. Lelouch didn't intend to use the geass on Euphy, but after his encounter with Mao, he knew of the risks. He knew it would be possible for his geass to become uncontrollable.

It's really not an asspull, the series mentions multiple times that unfortunate things happen to geass users and it showed how that might look with Mao.
>>
>>150450201
People hated it because it was contrived and relied on Lulu saying something the EXACT wrong thing at the EXACT wrong time.

I thought it was still a good moment despite that though. It completely flipped the situation on its head for every single character.
>>
File: 1345609870512.jpg (284KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1345609870512.jpg
284KB, 1280x720px
>>150450201
Lelouch could not control his Geass properly and it accidentally turned Euphemia into a murderous puppet. Lelouch did not let this crisis go to waste as well. He was very machiavellian. It was kind of sad.
>>
>>150450201
Alrighty I bite

1. Forced drama
2. Major plot point happens by pure chance
3. Lelouchs only attempt at stopping her was "hey wait"
4. Soldiers follow her orders without a second thought

Overall the scene was completely random and silly.
>>
>>150451052
>4. Soldiers follow her orders without a second thought

Soldiers are racists who mass-murdered Shinjuku and Saitama before
They dont agree the peaceful S.A.R. Japan but happy to see that Euphemia is a clever bitch to trap terrorist Zero and kill Elevens
>>
>>150450861
Yes exactly and his encounter with Mao didn't teach him shit. In truth CC just told him ONCE that his geass would become unstable in the first few episodes and its never brought up again until after the fact. Its an asspull due to how incredibly contrived it is and it is NEVER brought up again.
>>150451343
That wasn't the case at all. But continue seriously I love it when you Geassfags defend shit writing
>>
>>150451579
>you're told your geass can become uncontrollable
>you meet someone whose geass has become uncontrollable
>you're reminded by the person that gives our geass that if you keep using it there's a risk of it becoming uncontrollable

OMG WHAT AN ASSPULL THE GEASS GOT OUT OF CONTROL

Also they were 5 episodes between Lelouch beating Mao and his geass going haywire, hardly out of nowhere.
Its reliance on the precise wording is contrived, but not too drastic.
>>
>>150451690
Not only that:
>Lulu was in the middle of a geass command ten minutes earlier, having to blink not to kill Rivalz
That's called foreshadowing.
>C.C. and Suzaku had a crazy contact just minutes before, giving Lulu an eyeache
Setting it up again.
>>
>>150451690
>you're told your geass can become uncontrollable
Her words weren't even that to begin with just the vague tense of "be wary of the power bestowed upon you"
>you meet someone whose geass has become uncontrollable
>you're reminded by the person that gives our geass that if you keep using it there's a risk of it becoming uncontrollable
Both of these never happened. Hell Lelouch never thought once of Mao's condition would be the same fate as his own when he met him he just saw him as a crazy asshole and after his defeat he never took that he would have the same fate as him just was gald to finally be rid of the bastard.

So Lelouch took nothing from his encounter with Mao as signs of things to come for his fate so stop suing that as an example of foreshadowing when it clearly wasn't.

>Also they were 5 episodes between Lelouch beating Mao and his geass going haywire, hardly out of nowhere.
Actually it was out of nowhere because Lelouch NEVER reflected on it and by then nobody even fucking remembered Mao.
>>150451779
None of that is remotely foreshadowing or setting shit up. You're just grasping for straws.
>>
>>150451887
>None of that is remotely foreshadowing or setting shit up
This is bait or you're that stupid.
>>
>>150451887
>Both of these never happened.

You're an idiot.
Lelouch meets Mao. He asks CC about him. She says he can't control his geass. Lelouch asks if that's gonna happen to him. She says there's a possiblity. Later, cue pic related.

He knew the risks.
>>
>>150452120
>>150452217
>Wow its fucking nothing
You're done now? Also this happened...7 episodes before the Euphie incident so you lose twice.
>>
i liked the ass pulls it was fun
>>
>>150450201
because its shitty writing

of all the times his geass could malfunction and of all the possible things he could talk about it had to be this (((coincidence)))
>>
>>150450201
It's not THAT disturbing, but it's still annoying enough to be grating. It's entirely arbitrary and way too convenient. Lelouch starts explaining his Geass by saying "for example, if I were to tell you to kill all Elevens..." and then his Geass goes haywire. Nothing wrong with his Geass going haywire (even if it was at an inconvenient moment) but that conversation was just way too unnatural and convenient, existing purely to set up the massacre. I get that the writers wanted to get to that point but it feels unnatural and clumsy, especially when most people would mention something ridiculous in that context (If I were to order you to run around naked/breakdance/moonwalk/roast the emperor in a freestyle rap). I understand violence had to come up, but it could've been written so much more naturally. And in a way that doesn't put Lelouch at fault either.

Perhaps something like
>Some people actually believe I'm a threat to the peace, that I want to [geass activates] kill all Elevens
>>
>>150452376
You can't just go "LALA IT'S NOTHING NOT LISTENING" when shown proof that contradcits your opinions.
>>
>>150452714
It doesn't contradict anything. Lelouch never took anything to heart.
>>
>>150452376
No, foreshadowing is foreshadowing. It's for the sake of the viewer. Even if Lelouch doesn't learn from it, we the viewer can see this and the fact that uncontrollable Geass is a thing at all is a big hint toward Lelouch's condition later. The fact that it happened by accident is the whole point. It was a freak accident that he ended up taking advantage of.
>>
>>150452692
Maybe Lelouch said that because he actually considered of ordering Euphy to do that but later scrapped the idea and it was the first thing that came on his mind
>>
>>150452778
>The fact that it happened by accident is the whole point. It was a freak accident that he ended up taking advantage of.
No just contrivance for the sake of it. And the fact that it never becomes an issue again after the fact is proof enough that it was just done to be edgy.
>>
>>150452762
He doesn't have to. Foreshadowing is for the viewer. If he chose not to take it to heart, then that's on him. That's why accidents like what happened with Euphemia can happen.
>>
>>150450201
Shit writting. To be honest even had black comedy tones on it.
>>
>>150452823
It never became an issue again because he found a solution to it. That's why he wears contacts for the rest of the show, so he doesn't fuck up again. He learned his lesson. It was the wrong place at the wrong time to say something like that, but he was just don't do to explain his powers. There's nothing wrong with that. It had been built up to slowly over the course of the first half of season one and it's partially why Mao existed at all. He was there to give CC some background and show off more stuff about the Geass.
>>
>>150452933
>There's nothing wrong with that
>The Geass is a power that have drove people insane and had ruined the lives o many and if you descend to the depths of its power you so will be taken control of by it
>Actually I just put on some contacts
Retards will still defend this.
>>
>>150453022
Lelouche could fix it with contacts because he needs eye contact for his geass to work.
>>
>>150452692
> (If I were to order you to run around naked/breakdance/moonwalk/roast the emperor in a freestyle rap).

Lelouch says "for example, if I were to tell you to kill all Elevens..." because this is original plan

Lelouch wants Euphemia to be a bitch Princess shooting Zero/Elevens because he hates her
Lelouch thinks that mass-murdering is too evil so changes the Geass for shooting himself only
>>
>>150453022
Lelouch's Geass is strictly based on eye contact. If his Geass is blocked, he can't use it. Not all Geass are limited in this way, but this is the limit imposed on him since the very beginning.
>>
>>150453085
Imagine how shitty things would have been for him if he had one of those "area of effect" Geasses, like Rolo's or Orange-kun's? Literally walking on eggshells for the rest of his life.
>>
>>150453080
Why would think that making a joke like that to his sister is a good idea?
>>
>>150453186
And there'd be no fix for that shit. He'd be a hell of a lot more powerful, but that's a little too much power, even if it kept its once per person limit.
>>
>>150450201

Of all the things he could say to her he choose the worst possible thing.

It was retarded.
>>
>>150453069
>>150453085
So its shitty writing and not effective due to the lack of consequences involved,
>>
>>150453246
Because they were in the middle of a figurative cold war and they believed he was a war monger. It's a real thing that he likely would've done in that situation if he was what they thought.
>>
>>150453294
That doesn't answer anything. Jesus you people are pathetic.
>>
It's very convenient how it activated just then. Did he not speak to anyone that day?
>>
>>150453262
His eyesight restriction still has some advantages, such as the range at which he can command others. If he had an AoE while facing Charles he never would've been able to make use of that badass mirror strategy while behind cover. AoE is already OP so he probably wouldn't get a large range to keep things balanced.

Charles would've been screwed prior to S2 if Lelouch had the AoE and he was unaware of it. Holding his head down wouldn't do shit, everyone would be in danger just from getting too close to him. So long as he's conscious, he'd be impossible to subdue.
>>
>>150453279
>the only relative that likes still likes him dies
>a ton of other people
>no consquences
>>
>>150453279
Once was enough to get the point across that he fucked up. There were consequences, which led to his major conflict with Suzaku after Euphemia's death. People learn from mistakes like that, and they tend to do everything they can not repeat them. Lelouch had been close to solving his problems but fucked up at the last minute. That's gotta sting. You're seriously underestimating the price of his mistake of getting cocky right at the end.
>>
>>150453339
Apparently so. But it being FORESHADOWED episodes ago makes it okay and the only consequence for him is now he has to wear contacts now makes it heartbreaking
>>
>>150453327
Cool your tits, autismo. Nobody's out to get you.
>>
>>150453327
It was just an explanation of his powers that gave a realistic example of what kind of extreme things he could make someone do. That's about the biggest thing he could think of.
>>
>>150451579
>muh geassfags
>said the faggot who's butthurt over geass waifufags getting btfo

It was the best part of the series watching one tiny slip up ruin everything and it was great how Lelouch's only way of salvaging it was to milk it for all ut was worth.
>>
>>150450201
This was literally the best part of the series aside from R2's ending.
>>
>>150453381
And the worst that happens to him is that he has to wear contacts now.
>>
File: 0.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>150453381
>the only relative that likes still likes him dies
Nunnally doesn't exist now?
>a ton of other people
People he doesn't give a shit about

Look how heartbroken he looks
>>
>>150453399
You're really undercutting what happened there. The consequences went beyond just having to wear contacts. He lost an important loved one and ally, set up the betrayal by his best friend who had been in love with her, killed a shit ton of Japanese, and fucked his plan to peace he had all in one sitting. He learned his lesson after running that many lives at once. You're focusing on the thing he does to solve his fuck up rather than the actual consequences for the sake of complaining.

And foreshadowing it is an important thing. He'd been using his Geass a lot and it was explained very clearly what would happen to those that overused it.
>>
>>150453381
Did you forget about Nunnally you fucking retard?
>>
>>150453471
No it's not.
>>
>>150453561
>and it was explained very clearly what would happen to those that overused it.
So is the evolution of a Geass triggered by time or usage?
>>
How did people react to "we're all zero" scene?
>>
>>150453471
>the only relative that still likes him dies
>the worst that happens to him is that he has to wear contacts now
>>150453541
>>150453571
>the only relative that likes him and knows what he is doing
>>
>>150453586
Yes it is
>>
>>150453598
Usage. The more you use it the stronger it gets
>>
>>150453631
"I'm Spartacus" memes/references.
>>
>>150453638
Nice backpedal retard
>>
>>150453654
No it's not.

>>150453561
>>
>>150453656

Doesn't make sense since it really did get any stronger ability wise and was a downright disadvantage to have it visible. More like the more you use it, the more it won't turn off
>>
File: nice backpedaling faggot.gif (568KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
nice backpedaling faggot.gif
568KB, 480x270px
>>150453656
I remember now. Thanks anon.

>>150453638
>backpedaling so hard the pedals fly off
>>
CG is the epitome of asspulss and plot devices. Just don't think too much about it
>>
>>150453708
And it's great. You forgot to mention that.
>>
Fuuuuuuuck I'm so happy to talk about CG again after all those times.

I can't wait to see the old memes get revived.
>Elevens
>I want a Geass
>Spinzaku
>Pizzabutt
>CC vs Kallen
>Shirley worst girl
>Fabulous
>Lloyd's Ahaa

Thank you God!
>>
>>150453561
>He lost an important loved one and ally,
They were never allies. Hell Lelouch was planning yet another incident before Euphie convinced him to stop. To him she was still naive.
>set up the betrayal by his best friend who had been in love with her,
This happened way before he killed her
>killed a shit ton of Japanese
Like he gave a shit
>and fucked his plan to peace
Like he gave a shit
>He learned his lesson after running that many lives at once
And he continued to do so after the fact.

>You're focusing on the thing he does to solve his fuck up rather than the actual consequences for the sake of complaining.
But there's no consequence. You're forgetting that Lelouch in R1 was a cunt and didn't actually change until R2. Saying that he killed many people and betrayed the people he loved means as much as him erasing Shirley's memories and that;s why the Euphie Incident is fucking shi, its a TWEEST for TWEEST sake and not something that has a huge impact on the character.
>>
>>150453695
Some get stronger, like Mao's which probably increased in range or his ability to dig for specific thoughts, but others are already pretty absolute. Lelouch gets an absolute command one time on anyone. That's pretty good. The only way it could get better it by letting him use it multiple times.
>>
>>150453598
>So is the evolution of a Geass triggered by time or usage?
Doesn't matter. It depends on what would make a good twist.
>>
>>150453879
>CC vs Kallen
CC won that bout years ago, and now Sunrise is gonna pour a megaton of salt on the wound. RIP Kallenfags
>>
>>150453887
It taught him not to be so cocky and he had to reevaluate his plans. There was a way to peace if he hasn't fucked up like that. He cared about Euphemia and says as much. He was quick to take advantage of the situation though. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they weren't consequences by the definition of the word.
>>
>>150450201
You know how Rito always manage to land on girls crotches while stripping them of their panties every time he falls? Same.
>>
File: Geass_Hunt.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Geass_Hunt.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>150454036
>It taught him not to be so cocky and he had to reevaluate his plans
Boy! I'm sure glad he took that to heart in R2
>>
>>150454139
He was off his rocker in R2. Guy was literally going insane.
>>
>>150454036
>It taught him not to be so cocky and he had to reevaluate his plans.
Cue Black Rebellion immediately after.
>There was a way to peace if he hasn't fucked up like that.
And he doesn't care. He just wanted to make Euphie happy to amuse her efforts. He wasn't going to call off his revenge plot because of it. And even then he's not all torn up about the SAZ in fact in R2 he goes on again how it wouldn't be a good idea EVEN THOUGH HE WAS THE ONE WHO FUCKED IT UP IN THE FIRST PLACE
>Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they weren't consequences by the definition of the word.
There weren't any consequences because he never took anything to heart at worse not all he had to do with wear contacts. Just because you like a character doesn't make you need to make excuses for him all the damn time.
>>
>>150453391
>Lelouch had been close to solving his problems but fucked up at the last minute. That's gotta sting. You're seriously underestimating the price of his mistake of getting cocky right at the end.
By him getting cocky you mean where he got Euphy to kill people or the end of S1 where he dropped the war to run after his sister but got defeated by Suzaku?
>>
>>150454299
I'm not making excuses for him. Just because he didn't take them to heart didn't mean they weren't consequences. If he backtracks and fucks himself again, that means he didn't truly learn.

>>150454320
Probably both really. The guy fucked up twice. He thought he was doing things right the second time but messed up again. Less about being cocky that time though.
>>
>>150450201
I have never laughed harder at anything
>>
>>150454495
>You will be pissed if not hunt Geass Cult seriously
what
>>
People didn't like it because the writing was absolute shit. Lelouch made an out of character statement loosely in the form of a command when he knew the risks of his Geass and it just so happens to fuck up at this moment.

You can justify it however you like but the execution was terrible. It doesn't matter that it was foreshadowed that his Geass would go out of control, the entire scene could have been avoided if the writers didn't turn Lelouch into a bumbling retard at the climax of his plan.
>>
>>150454902
> Lelouch made an out of character statement
"out of character" in what way, exactly?

> in the form of a command when he knew the risks of his Geass
he had no idea his Geass was continuously active

> it just so happens to fuck up at this moment.
and how do you know that? It could have gone out of control way early, and it manifested now just because he made a command
>>
>>150450201
I couldn't take it for the same reason I dislike most "master mind" shows. They make the person out to be smart, yet their master plans all hinge on countless failure condtions that amount to little more then dumb luck.

I didn't make it passed episode 3, dispite everyone screaming at me to watch it becuse it is the best ever!

To be honest all this "must see" talk is just dirving me to watch random old aime.
Hype is a posion.
>>
>>150450644
spot on
>>
>>150450201
It was a very upsetting event that was due to Lulu not acknowledging the signs something weird was up
>>
>>150450201
Half of me hated it for the asspull it was, while the other half wanted to shake the hands of whoever didn't care and put it in the script anyway, because oh was it entertaining.
>>
>>150455826
>> Lelouch made an out of character statement
>"out of character" in what way, exactly?

Lelouch is a rookie who well thinking big plan but weak on minor accidents
The writer likes to bully smart-ass Lelouch from start to end of the show, whatever you accepted or not
>>
>>150456360
>Out of Character
>Good analytical mind but when he doesn't account for the outliers it fucks him up terribly

Except we already established since the Second Group of Terrorists at the Saitama ghetto that Lulu is a flawed thinker in this way, and if it wasn't for C.C., he'd be dead.

That's the thing with CG, it likes toying with Irony, hypocrisy, and other things like that. He proclaims he won't let Geass fuck him over like it did Mao, and then ignores the warning signs when it does begin to fuck up in front of Euphy.

That's the thing, he was beginning to have pain in front of Euphy due to his eye. He could have easily figured 'shit, my eye is probably fucked up, maybe I should close it for now.'
>>
>>150450201
>why people hated it
I hated thing for reason
>>
>>150453708
That's called No game no Life.
>>
>>150450201
Because he could have said anything "I could order you to be my girlfriend", then boom. He instead so happened to say "Kill all Japanese".

However it worked out thematically because rather than stop her he let it carry on all according to Keikaku if by happenstance.
>>
Because it's fucking retarded. As is the whole show but that takes the cake by far.

It looks like a comic scene.
>>
>>150453997
>Kallenfags
Anyone who thought that anyone other than CC would win the Lelouchbowl after his "If you're a witch, then I'll become a warlock" line is retarded. He said that he'd spend an eternity with CC. If that's not the biggest proclamation of love Lelouch has ever given, then I don't know what is.
>>
>>150450201
I don't think anyone hates all of it but the show does really feel like "oh shit we have to resolve this all together" at the end and the characters definitely act irrationally.

also there's absolutely no reason for another season
>>
>>150450201
The kiddies back then thought that pointing out plot holes or narrative contrivances was the same as giving insightful criticism.
>>
>>150456564
I think why the scene works is because it's so fucking retarded. The audience isn't expecting something so bullshit to happen so neither does Lelouche. And that's what makes it so satisfying.
>>
People who complain are just dumb as fuck. We already knew Geass had side effects, we knew the user could lose control.

The only base this faggots complaining have is "but muh random moment which happened to be at that precise time the plot would be changed dramatically".

YOU FUCKING DUMB FUCKS GEASS IS CONNECTED TO THE DEEPEST WISHES OF YOUR HEART. YOU GET GEASS TO ACCOMPLISH WHAT YOU CAN'T ON YOUR OWN, TO FULFILL YOUR ULTIMATE DESIRE.

LELOUCH CLEARLY DIDN'T WANT TO TAKE EUPHIE'S DEAL, HE WAS CONFLICTED AS FUCK AND WAS GOING TO GET KEKED BY FOLLOWING NOT HIS WILL BUT EUPHIE'S (AND NUNALLY?) WILL.

BUT WHAT HE TRULY WANTED WAS TO CARRY ON SO HIS GEASS OVERRODE HIS DECISION.
>>
>>150464848
Never thought about it that way. It fits. Thanks anon
>>
>>150450201
It's easy to hate because the trigger phrase was stupid.

However, they had actually foreshadowed the permanent Geass stuff with Mao and they showed Lelouch grabbing his eye like twice before the misfiring.

So it's a dumb word sequence that gets people, even if the circumstances are not that out of place.

Shit was never going to work out between him and Euphemia though, so that brief tease of peace (Even a fake temporary one) also angers some who wished it was the end of the road.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.