[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that forcing yourself to dislike this because it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: your-name.png (115KB, 728x404px) Image search: [Google]
your-name.png
115KB, 728x404px
Reminder that forcing yourself to dislike this because it's popular is hurting nobody but yourself.
>>
Reminder that two main characters are idiots who didn't notice 3 years lag.
>>
>>150442541
Literally no anime characters act in a remotely realistic way to anything. If that's what you're looking for you need a new hobby.
>>
That's nice.
>>
Neither one of these characters has any personality and the plot is supremely uninteresting.

It has really nice art and a few narrative details that are pretty interesting, it's not worthy of hate but it's also worthy of no more than average scores and acclaim.
>>
File: 1459805470919.png (341KB, 382x563px) Image search: [Google]
1459805470919.png
341KB, 382x563px
>>150442563
>>
Reminder that forcing yourself to like this because it's popular is just as stupid.
>>
File: your name.jpg (184KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
your name.jpg
184KB, 1440x810px
>>
HAHA LEMME GUESS IT HAS A BITTERSWEET AND JUST LIKE ALL OF HIS SHIT
>>
>>150442398
I don't need to like this. I like Keit-Ai which is basically the same thing.
>>
>>150444568

No

> played himself
>>
>>150442398
a boy falls in love with a girl
>>
its hard to buy into. It's the kind of story where they make something sound like something is emotional and important to the characters, which it might be, but the movie itself never gives you anything that allows to feel with or even just understand why the characters are feeling what they are. The visuals and soundtrack make up for this, but it would be so much more powerful if the narrative backed it up. Some people make up for the failure of the narrative by projecting depth weight and meaning themselves, and for that audience it was probably a great movie and a great time, but don't expect someone with a minimal amount of critical thinking to be able share the same experience and give the same rating.
>>
>>150442398
reminder that she dies
>>
>>150442398
I can skip out on watching this then?
>>
File: srsly.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
srsly.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>150442398
>generic story
>genericly designed characters
>heavily relies on shiny, glittering visuals to attract audience
>suddenly becomes successful
>>
I prefer waiting for Moana. A polynesian fantasy setting is something new compared to an urban Japanese romance story between teenagers, even if it has something supernatural like body-swapping.
>>
The story was predictable and the characters were too but the film is just so pretty and well directed.
This is the best makoto shinkai film and worthy of its praise as art.
The emotional parts worked for me but if you're looking for something with a better story this is not a film for you
>>
>>150442398
>shitty story
>muh m-music, muh visuals
>>
>>150445277
Isn't that just everything Shinkai has ever made? His stuff looks great, but I couldn't name or recognise a single one of his characters.
>>
>>150442398
Bit off topic but I can see how people who take everything in literal sense will have a hard time enjoying this movie because muh plot holes and such.

I kind of agree with them if I take quantum mechanic theories into my mind.
But, this movie was all about connection (musubi), which derives from the core root of Shintoism.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.