[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I even start with this? The series has like 40

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: gundam.jpg (75KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
gundam.jpg
75KB, 600x338px
Where do I even start with this? The series has like 40 different entries.
>>
>>150431077
From the beginning?
>>
>>150431077
>Do I watch the first one or its 3rd sequel first?
Are you retarded?
>>
>>150431077
>>>/m/
>>
>>150431077
Gundam 0079 movie trilogy
Zeta Gundam TV series
Optional: ZZ Gundam
Char's Counterattack, single movie

Do whatever you want after that
>>
>>150431196
>MSG Movie

Series has better pacing and is overall a more solid package.

inb4 le salt meme
>>
>>150432075
>>150431196
I don't know what to believe
>>
File: GundamGuide.jpg (2MB, 2800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
GundamGuide.jpg
2MB, 2800x3000px
>>150431077
>>
>>150432075
>Series has better pacing
Except it doesn't, several MOTW episodes, stupid super robot comedy and stupid character deaths

The pacing is goddamn awful, it makes you watch 40 episodes out of which half are important. Not to mention it has awful animation

Only retarded /m/fags watch the old series, not even the japanese like it.
>>
MSG into Zeta, if you can stomach it. Avoid ZZ, watch the rest of Universal Century in order
>>
>>150432439
The original anime is legitimately better than its sequel. The movie may be better overall but 1979 is a solid watch.
>>
I recently started it

Watch The Origin, then the 0079 series.

The Origin allows you to better understand character relationships from the get-go in the 007 series, even if it spoils a bit the "fun" of discovering them in hindsight if that's what you like, but there's enough to discover anyway without puzzling your mind with characters that do not speak to you.
>>
>>150432390
Thanks
>>
>>150433053
You are welcome. Also, there is no consensus about what is the best Gundam, even on /m/.

I'm sure most people would disagree with me, but if I were you, I would probably start with Unicorn.
>>
>>150433446
>start with a series that is almost entirely based on history and references to previous UC Gundams

Why?
>>
>>150431077
Lucky for you only a few are actually worth watching
>>
>>150432608
This is very dumb.
>>
>>150433729
Why
>>
Start with the original Gundam 0079 television series.

The film adaptations are disgusting in comparison, don't bother with them
>>
>>150433446
I got this advice and watched a show entirely of a references to characters and events i didnt know.

do not do this
>>
>>150433446
>Unicorn.
>Entry level.

Pick one.
>>
File: gundamguide.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
gundamguide.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
>>150433053
not the right guide, use this
>>
alot of the events of the 0079 series have been retconned out of the current canon

Events surrounding M'Quve for example

the movie trilogy fits better with the modern gundam expanded universe

watch the origin ovas
watch the first 2 movies and then watch 08th MS Team and 0080 War in the Pocket
Then watch the 3rd movie and then watch Stardust Memory movie or series

after that read the english translation of Char's Deleted Affair and then start watching Zeta a New Translation

instead of watching the third Zeta movie watch episode 33-50 of Zeta Gundam proper and then watch ZZ

dont skip ZZ, it gets better after Puru appears and the fighting shifts to earth, its important plot development before CCA and Unicorn
>>
>>150431196
>Optional: ZZ Gundam
It's as optional as anything else
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.