[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Japanese highschooler uses his 21st century command of science

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 537
Thread images: 52

>Japanese highschooler uses his 21st century command of science and technology to transform a primitive society meme

Don't isekai authors realize that without the support of the rest of society, your average highschooler wouldn't even know how to make a toaster, let alone a gun?
>>
They could probably figure something out. Pioneer sterilization and hand hygiene in the medical field. Theres a surprising swathe of day to day knowledge thats actually fairly recent.
>>
>>150400279
Has there ever been an isekai where this actually even happened?
>>
>Do isekai authors realize
No.
>>
>>150400350
Drifters, which is in the top 3 anime this season
>>
>>150400384
None of those characters in the series seem like "your average highschooler".
They're all famous and talented people with skills and experience.
>>
>>150400331
Hygiene and sanitation and just germ theory in general took a REALLY long time to get accepted. John Snow spent half his life trying to convince people that cholera was spread by 'something' in the water and not by noxious smells.

As for the guy who introduced hand sanitation to hospital settings,

>Despite various publications of results where hand washing reduced mortality to below 1%, Semmelweis's observations conflicted with the established scientific and medical opinions of the time and his ideas were rejected by the medical community. Semmelweis could offer no acceptable scientific explanation for his findings, and some doctors were offended at the suggestion that they should wash their hands. Semmelweis's practice earned widespread acceptance only years after his death, when Louis Pasteur confirmed the germ theory and Joseph Lister, acting on the French microbiologist's research, practiced and operated, using hygienic methods, with great success. In 1865, Semmelweis was committed to an asylum, where he died at age 47 of pyaemia, after being beaten by the guards, only 14 days after he was committed
>>
>>150400279
>your average highschooler wouldn't even know how to make a toaster, let alone a gun
Not if they're an anime MC, in which they can do anything and they use their highschool math skills to pilot and operate complex machinery and they wield the sword of fushu-mushu and drown in pussy.
>>
>isekai where the hikkiNEET spent his time working out and studying stuff so he's alpha in the new world
Are there shut-ins that actually have such a healthy lifestyle?
I thought the point of being shut in is that you're unstable.
>>
File: 1366611247350.jpg (31KB, 262x326px) Image search: [Google]
1366611247350.jpg
31KB, 262x326px
>>150400474
>Semmelweis was committed to an asylum, where he died at age 47 of pyaemia, after being beaten by the guards, only 14 days after he was committed

Maybe I won't pioneer germ theory or hand sanitation after all.
>>
>>150400279
Did you skip the part of history class where they explained to you how to cure Small Pox?

How about the part where you have a modern understanding of the causes of disease and sickness?

Also you know that Eli Whitney invented the cotton gin. Not that that will help you much.
>>
>>150400384
I'm actually thinking that in Drifters theres going to be a massive shift in technology, with the end goal being WWII tech (The Hiryu is a fucking goldmine)
>>
File: qw-cheatsheet-print-zoom.jpg (293KB, 660x699px) Image search: [Google]
qw-cheatsheet-print-zoom.jpg
293KB, 660x699px
>>150400279
>>
>>150400279
They do, which is why when he gets withdrawal from mayonnaise and tries to make it, he can't. Like almost every other one of his early assumptions and statements, he's fucking wrong.
>>
>>150400472
And more importantly, they're multiple people who only know part of the information.
>>
>>150400516
Just pop over to /fit/, and see for yourself.
>>
>>150400547
What we really need is one of these with lottery ticket numbers for the past 100 years.
You know, just in case.
>>
>>150400516
>Are there shut-ins that actually have such a healthy lifestyle
Physically, yes.
Mentally, only in very rare cases
>>
>>150400592
Don't /fit/ people go to gyms?
You'd need to leave the house and an income for that.
>>
File: Kamishiro Yuu.jpg (48KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Kamishiro Yuu.jpg
48KB, 225x350px
>>150400516
>He doesn't want to be the Thug Hunter
>>
>>150400331
Having knowledge of something is one thing, getting people to accept and acknowledge it is another. Especially something like germs which can't be seen without specialized equipment.

Another thing is converting something you know about into a marketable form. So lets take your hygene into account. You know about using soap, killing germs, etc can prevent spread of infectiona nd disease. Now how are you going to profit off this? People aren't going to go "Of course! We should be washing our hands! Here's a big basket of money as thanks!".

Are you going to sell soap and disinfectants? Do you even know how to make disinfecting soap? Is it something that others are going to quickly catch onto and sell their own better versions faster than you can produce your own products for sale?

The average highschooler doesn't actually know shit about how to make most of this stuff or understand more than just the general idea behind a lot of it. Hell, I don't think they could even market and create shoe laces, let alone weapons and medicine.
>>
>>150400567
To be fair, mayo is not something you make without knowing how.

Seriously egg yolks and lemon juice? With oil and vinegar? Who came up with this shit.
>The Spanish
Figures.
>>
>>150400654
Planet Fitness is what? $10 a month?

Even then you can do an awful lot with just your body and some furniture.
>>
>>150400547
It honestly baffles my mind how our ancestors came up with this shit. Like how the fuck did anyone ever figure out how to create a working plane wing? It's not intuitive at all.
>>
>>150400529
>Did you skip the part of history class where they explained to you how to cure Small Pox?
For years after Edward Jenner introduced vaccination, people were still pooh-poohing him and sticking with tried and tested inoculation. It's hard to get accepted when you're fighting against institutional inertia. But in many of these stories their 'genius' ideas are often accepted almost overnight.

>How about the part where you have a modern understanding of the causes of disease and sickness?
Good luck proving it though, unless you have the years to spend on independently designing and creating a microscope that will let you see bacteria, followed by parallel reconstruction of all the work of Pasteur and Koch with only the basic knowledge of what it was that they proved. And then you need rich and powerful and influential backers to push your theories as the accepted ones in the scientific community.

Also it's still going to cost trillions of dollars and decades of work to reconstruct your capital city to have a proper sewer system instead of just letting the shit flow through the streets.

Highschoolers ain't got no time for that.
>>
>>150400804
By studying birds and hundreds of failed prototypes and experiments.
>>
>>150400804
Exactly, it took years to figure out fixed wings because people could only think to attempt to imitate nature i.e. flapping wings, and then it took even longer to figure out how birds actually control themselves in fight.
>>
I wish we could just fly.
>>
>>150400685
While profiting off a new idea is very difficult and requires conscious effort, its something people have managed to do for millions of years.

I'm not saying a high schooler is going to be able to destroy all competition in 10 minutes, but if a highschooler knew about something like: "Production of Disinfecting Soap" or "Antiobiotic Production", with just a little ingenuity, a lot of time, and some help, he would probably come up with ways to demonstrate effectiveness and make a significant profit.

With regard to germ theory, some of the early biology theories were just so far out there its kind of unbelievable. It didn't require a particular genius to disprove [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_generation ], and the experiment setup if actually kind of fucking durrrrrr if you know anything about germs.
>>
>>150400752
But that's basically it. He knows concepts or what should be possible, but he has no actual way to implement the idea and like most other things needs to rely on others to fill in the gaps.
>>
This thread reminds me of the episode of New Getter robo, where the pilots get stuck in the past, and one of them becomes a farmer.

The average person doesn't even know how a toaster works.
>>
>>150400906
Good luck setting up the experiment when nobody knows how to build the equipment you need though.
>>
>>150400906
>its something people have managed to do for millions of years.

Homo Sapiens haven't been around for millions of years, much less civilization.
>>
You're sent 1000 years in the past

Is there anything useful that any of you can make with the materials at the time and only knowledge you have right now?
>>
File: 1386702719718.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1386702719718.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>150401009
The "equipment" was literally curved glass and boiling water.

While I don't think a modern highschooler would become god-king of the world, the pendulum has swung way too far in the other direction at this point where /a/ actively insists that modern man would literally be 100% incapable of doing absolutely anything even if he conveniently had applicable knowledge.

>>150401025
Sorry anon, I got ahead of myself. Thousands of years.

>>150401077
>>
>>150401077

Alone?

Only some magic tricks I'm afraid.
>>
>>150401077
Printing Press
>>
>>150400643
Fuck off, Biff.
>>
>>150401152
You can build a proper working printing press?
As in literally build one with your own hands?
>>
Most isekai have magic, so they allow the highschooler to just put out the idea and magic serves as the power source to let time travel happen.

Some isekai have commented on this. In Overlord, there's the Boastful Sage who tells everyone about wonderful items but can't explain why they look like they do, or how they work/are built. Magic only partially replicates what he says.
>>
>>150401198
Yes
>>
File: ae8.png (30KB, 600x855px) Image search: [Google]
ae8.png
30KB, 600x855px
>>150401077
I'm going to invent this symbol and spread it around schools. I'm not going to profit off of it, but I'm going to that guy who invented it.
>>
>>150400474
Damn I didn't know GoT is that sophisticated.
>>
>>150400279
>Don't isekai authors realize that without the support of the rest of society, your average highschooler wouldn't even know how to make a toaster, let alone a gun?
Have you not watched the rest of the show, or are you one of those idiots who thinks this was a plot hole because that knowledge didn't help him at all? Because what you're describing is exactly what happens.
>>
>>150401232
Then the question is why the geniuses of the world with access to magic haven't already figured out that shit, and the answer can only ever be "because the stereotypical JRPG world doesn't have any of that crap".
>>
>>150400279
Hero's war is good isekai in this regard.
>>
>>150400279
>>Japanese highschooler uses his 21st century command of science and technology to transform a primitive society meme

I have never actually read a isekai where the protagonist uses actual science to revolutionize shit.
90% of the time he simply uses magic mixed with some science like how a lot of isekai make magic guns or magic engines and shit.

Even the fuckign isekai where the protagonist has a smartphone with access to the internet doesn't actually has him using science. Seriously, you'd think the one time it would be justified for a hikkineet to revolutionize a medieval world would be where he has a magic phone with google-sensei but the author fucking wastes that shit.

Anyway, I'd like to read about a super smart genious that brings a bunch of modern-ish techs (guns, cars, etc) to a medieval world without relying on magic shit.
>>
>>150401334
That sort of happens in Shield Hero
>>
>>150400474
Ha ha, people are retards
>>
>>150401364
yeah but that's in the background by a villain
I want to follow the protag going from making bows to making crossbows to making guns
Obviously the guy would have to be a huge gary stu to be so talented but I think it would be worth it
>>
>>150401077
Depending on what area of the world I'm in I invent the hamburger as a fast and easy to carry and eat working class food. I possibly also invent donuts.
>>
>>150401077
I can cook a mean grilled cheese
>>
>>150401297
The citizens are averse to change.
In konosuba the protag made dynamites, but with exploding potions instead of nitroglycerin.
Exploding potions are not used because potions are supposed to heal things and because they have magic.

The party's wizard takes offense at the dynamite's existence, since it devalues her magic.
>>
>>150400474
I guess those guards didn't wash their hands before the beating
>>
>>150401334
Read >>150401329
Though it's not Japanese...
>>
>>150401470
>The party's wizard takes offense at the dynamite's existence, since it devalues her magic.
that's not really a valid example, Megumin is dumb who cares what she thinks
>>
File: Opium Destroys Nations.png (618KB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
Opium Destroys Nations.png
618KB, 1280x536px
>>150400827
I don't need to prove it, I need to find someone willing to be a patron for my wacky ideas and then work up from there.

And by up from there I mean industrial production of opiates. We cartel now.

>>150401077
High-heeled boots.
>>
you guys wouldn't even be able to speak the language

remember in Planet of the Apes when he showed them that he could make paper planes and write and stuff
and they still tried to kill him
Even after he was able to talk to them
>>
>>150401250
Blast from the past, my man.

>>150401334
Nobuna no Yabou has the MC do it with history and way too many video games.

But then it starts fucking him because he's altering the past away from what he knows.
>>
>>150400279
Maybe, but even if they do, they also know what's more important than being realistic is pandering to their audience of dropout NEETs with massive egos who think they're "smart but lazy" but are actually just dumb losers.

The average "smart but lazy" dumb loser NEET likes to think they could accomplish anything if they just tried and are totally super smart and build any modern device from scratch purely because they use know how to use the devices so you have to not shatter their delusion to keep them buying your trite dogshit LN.
>>
>>150401536
You know how people get patrons for their shit? By having connections. Which requires you to be sociable. Most anons aren't good at that.
>>
>>150401585
We're assuming the MC isn't dropped off in a land filled with niggers though
>>
>>150400279
>>150401621
Why are people so attached to realism in a story about a dude being teleported to a different world trough magic?
>>
>>150401334
>Anyway, I'd like to read about a super smart genious that brings a bunch of modern-ish techs (guns, cars, etc) to a medieval world without relying on magic shit
>>
>>150401470
>The citizens are averse to change.
>Exploding potions are not used because potions are supposed to heal things and because they have magic.
That's ridiculous. Military utility trumps "muh change". Almost from the beginning of people understanding the power held by the atom, people were considering its potential military application. That's like saying "Molotov cocktails are not used because bottles are for drinking from".

Innovation leads to things like using the toxic gases created as a byproduct of industry as a weapon on the battlefield.
>>
>>150401585
Like what has been said by several in this thread, knowing about it is one thing, getting others to accept it and fighting against the current beleifs is another. In planet of the apes they wanted to kill him because his very existence went against the view and history of humans the apes had built up.
>>
>>150401585
>He doesn't speak Latin
You posted something there, but all I could see was "bar bar bar."
>>
>>150401682
Why do people always think "lol magic" is a valid excuse for illogical and just plain bad writing?

Just because the laws of physics may be different in a fictional story doesn't everyone has to act stupid and you can't criticize it.
>>
>>150401721
>>150401511
>>150401329
western people also make isekai?
>>
File: 220px-Princess_of_Mars_large.jpg (32KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Princess_of_Mars_large.jpg
32KB, 220x330px
>>150401789
Long before Japan was. Complete with cheat abilities and waifus.
>>
File: Isekai.jpg (192KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Isekai.jpg
192KB, 630x420px
>>150401789
Sure
>>
>>150401756
>everyone has to act stupid
but your complain is the opposite of it, you're complaining that the isekai protagonist is too smart, and the average neet wouldn't be that smart

how is that an issue of realism?
>>
>>150401727
Why are people so obsessed with weaponry?
It's like they have an inherent distrust for their fellow man.
>>
>>150401297
>Then the question is why the geniuses of the world with access to magic haven't already figured out that shit, and the answer can only ever be "because the stereotypical JRPG world doesn't have any of that crap".

Anticipating future technology is hard.

Look at all of the science fiction from earlier than the 1980's. None of them predicted the internet, or a telecom-based wireless world we live in today, even though a wireless world was a likelier scenario than developing FTL.
>>
>>150401789
>what is The Chronicles of Narnia
>what is Alice in Wonderland
>what is Gulliver's Travels
>>
File: 1480275177199.png (238KB, 658x464px) Image search: [Google]
1480275177199.png
238KB, 658x464px
>>150401727
>Military utility trumps "muh change".
Depends on the culture.
Also to answer OP a lot of modern technology that is not that complicated to invent, it just took centuries of blind luck to actually stumble upon them.
See: steam engine, magnets/electricity even the basic principles of computers.
Anyone here could probably "invent" a steam engine and a basic power generator. The bigger problem would be using that electricity for things other than heat, motors and lamps.
>>
>>150401727
To be fair, Konosuba explicitly takes place in an RPG world.
>>
>>150401838
You know I don't think I ever really complained about "realism" so much as just pointed out why it's written that way.
>>
>>150401915
>He hasn't read his Gibson
Shame on you, anon.
>>
>>150401962
I'll be honest, I don't think most of the anons here know how to build a battery or how steam engines work, and most almost certanly don't understand how something like an electric motor or light bulb works.
>>
>>150402059
sorry I misunderstood your point then
>>
>>150402062
>light bulb
Electricity goes into wires in bulb and makes light and is hot?
>>
>>150402062
Even though those thigs are just like, 5th grade science projects?

I mean, I did make a light bulb and a battery for my 4th grade science fair. It isn't that difficult.
>>
>>150401962
Steam engines had been invented for hundreds of years, but they really sucked, tended to explode, and had no practical utility. They only managed to catch on initially in Britain because they could be used to pump water out of coal mines of which Britain had many to get more coal, where there was an easy supply of shitloads of coal to fuel the shitty inefficient engines and where the water cooled them and prevented explosion, and this provided the impetus to create better engines that only later were different uses found for. It was as much environmental, social, and economic factors that allowed for the Industrial Revolution as scientific geniuses, which a high schooler would have trouble creating in a matter of a few short years while he is still a teenager.
>>
>>150401077
I could design the parts required for a bicycle, which could advance technology several hundred years because of things like the bike chain and gears.

What could gears and chains do? Indoor semi-powered fans. a complex gear system of windmills powering indoor fans for air circulation int he summer time and better bellows for forging.

What else could chains and gears be used for? Miniguns. Gunpowder is sulfer, saltpeter, and charcoal, then all you need is iron barrels, which are easy, relatively speaking. With the advent of gunpowder and guns, you introduce rifling at the same time, now instead of mini cannons that you have to aim and hope, you aim and the bullet goes where you aim, suddenly the world gets a lot deadlier and less resources are wasted on armor because its useless against a bullet.

Really, your question is stupid not because of the way its asked, but because of what its NOT asking. Its one thing to know how to explain shit, its another to explain shit in a manner that lesser minds understand. You can tell people that saltpeter, charcoal, and sulfur make gunpowder, but if they dont know what sulfur or saltpeter are, look like, or smell/taste like its useless information. You ever tried explaining why the sky is blue to a child? They dont understand concepts like electromagnetic radiation or light wavelengths.
>>
>>150402062
>battery
Probably not you actually need to kinda know chemistry for that.
>steam engine
steam engines are incredible simple in principle and so are electric motors.
>>
>>150402113
But do you also know how to blow glass and forge metal? How to get gasses into the glass bulb? How about how to create the electricity that goes into it?
>>
Things I actually know how to do and could do given relatively common contemporary materials:
>electrical lighting
>the radio
>electric motors
>batteries
>water powered electrical generator
>modern explosives
>central heating/cooling
>the microwave
>and more

I have degrees in electrical engineering and chemical engineering. This is the life of someone who was obsessive about this shit throughout his education.
>>
>things an average joe could implement
The world is fucking round
Plumbing/sewer system
Proper agriculture/canal systems
Explosives
The concept of electricity
And the most important ones, religion, culture, music
>>
>>150402212
>steam engines are incredible simple in principle and so are electric motors.
>in principle
Now try to make something efficient with it that can beat the stupid power of a horse to make machinery work.
>>
>Electrical lighting
Good luck not getting assassinated by the candle-maker cartels
>>
>>150402281
You cant make any of that, even music would be extremaly hard to make trendy
>>
>>150402281
You're overestimating yourself, or the average Joe. Most people don't know anything more than 'that + - thing with wire' about electricity.
>>
>>150402195
But is there any blacksmith skilled enough to make precise gears and chains that it would require?

As for the minigun, great, you invented black powder (Not gunpowder, although very similar and uses the same primary ingredients), but you haven't invented the cartridge yet. Or a shock sensitive primer to make the cartridge work.
>>
I don't know how I would convince anyone to follow what I say but I do know enough theoretical knowledge about agriculture to help

also everyone on /a/ now knows how to make gunpowder
>>
>>150402304
That's what the explosives are for.
>>
>>150402304
Where's muh animay about our good hero trying to bring electricity to the world while dodging assassination attempts from candle-maker cartels
>>
>>150402242
I'd get some nerds to work on all that for me.
I don't need to invent them myself, I just need the concept and have others do it for me while I rake in the profits.
Be a businessman.
>>
>>150402341
You missed my point entirely. It doesn't matter if you know what youre doing if you cant explain it to people that have no idea what youre talking about.
>>
>>150402281
>The world is fucking round

Not adapted for hundreds of years and people got lynched and executed for it

>Plumbing/sewer system

Plumbing took 250+ years before it was implemented

>Proper agriculture/canal systems
>Explosives
>The concept of electricity

What is magic

>religion, culture, music

Destroyed, competed out, night impossibly to make trendy unless you are extremely talented with years of experince
>>
>>150402341
Have any idea of how fucking easy a musket or a canon would be to make?
>>
>>150402326
Sorry, I meant the average first world joe. Didn't mean to offend your delicate European sensibilities
>>150402315
>music would be hard to make
You're kidding, especially when you have a wealth of fucking current/past music to choose from
>>
>>150402385
*nigh impossible
>>
>>150402390
A musket or cannon is not the same thing as a minigun, which is what was suggested.
>>
>>150402394
These theories are just too complicated to be done and observed that fast. You'd need to dedicate dozens of years of your life on that.
>>
I'd invent the concept of isekei stories.
>>
>>150402394
>Implying you can just play motzart from somewhere an have people fall for it becoming a cultural phenomenon
>>
>>150402371
There's a one episode anime about an oil lamp salesman in times where electricity comes around
>>
>>150402390
Actually rather difficult to get right. It's way to easy to turn a cannon into "Big metal tube that explodes and sends shrapnel everywhere".
>>
File: 1480147601203.gif (444KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1480147601203.gif
444KB, 200x150px
>>150401498
Laughed and then felt like an asshole about it
>>
File: lol.jpg (206KB, 1024x605px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
206KB, 1024x605px
>>150401077
I build hawken rifles for a side job.
Give me a proper forge and some sulfur, Saltpetre and charcoal, and I can make one.

Also I've done armor and swords, so I'm sure I could at least show off that I can make one to get access to a forge
>>
>>150402294
It would take a while but it wouldn't be unrealistic for it to be done.
People from the middle ages didn't even understand the basic principles of science/experimentation. It's not that far fetched that someone who understands basic physics and is able to determine cause and effect wouldn't be able to achieve anything.
>>
>>150401077
A lot actually. It would be a life's work, but I know how to recreate the television. It'd take my life to get the facilities, manufacturer methods, etc. implemented to do so.

Or I could just recreate electricity and the electric motor.
>>
>>150402443
Nigga we ain't reinventing the wheel
We don't have to go through the schlock of "proving electricity exists and getting struck by lighting and rubbing furs". You'd KNOW it exists and already be implementing all these theories for practical use, its not going to take dozens of years
>>
>>150402394
You wouldn't make your name as a musician, but as a poet.
>>
>>150401077
Kilns for firing bricks, buildings/walls made of brick and mortar, and buildings/walls/columns made of stone.
>>
>>150402543
The question is. What are you going to use it for? What practical applications do you know how to implement?
>>
>>150402543
You underestimate the amount of details and bullshit you'll have to rediscover in order to actually make electricity (other than scratching something very fast). Even trivial stuff takes time
>>
>>150402452
>>Implying you can just play motzart from somewhere an have people fall for it becoming a cultural phenomenon
>Mozart

Would honestly work better with Katy Perry.
>>
>>150402394
Things like how popular and successful songs are is heavily HEAVILY dependent on the current culture and society.

A song that's seen as great now is absolute trash to another time period or culture. That's how pretty much all art is.
>>
>>150402518
Your seriously underestimating people. While the knowledge is lacking the intelligence is probably on par or better than the average today. Back then you had to actually be self sufficient or you fucking died. Throw random people from.modern times into that time period or fantasy setting and they would be dead in a week. Simply having knowledge isn't enough to do shit. You need the ability to adapt and use that knowledge. The people of that time have a huge advantage there.
>>
>>150401077
Certain medicines and other medicinal practices.

Granted, I'll probably get burned for being a Witch or something.
>>
>>150402601
>isekai where the protagonists bring idols to a medieval fantasy world
>>
Why the fuck do they need to invent shit when they will most likely get some cheat ability when they get transported huh?
>>
File: 1d0zz6N.jpg (101KB, 946x528px) Image search: [Google]
1d0zz6N.jpg
101KB, 946x528px
>all these egotistical retards thinking just because they use modern technology every day means they have any inkling of an idea how it actually works

This is just sad.
>>
>>150402735
Don't look at me, my idea is to invent cheeseburgers and donuts.
>>
>>150402735
Shit man. I went to college for 6 years and have two degrees in this shit. I've made radios from scratch as a hobby.
>>
>>150402576
>>150402616
I can understand you guys harping on about music (religion and culture are foolproof though) since you could argue it needs skill.
But the whole assumption is that you're playing for fucking peasants and barbarians, of course they're going to eat your shit up. I could mouth beatbox and rap for the king and he'd love it
>>
>>150401077
Let's make a game. Everything within 5 meters from you, except people, gets transported. Electronic appliances (phones, computers, heaters, ovens, etc.) and other items which require consumatives (those regenerate over time) work indefinitely
>computer (the case, the monitor, speakers, I/O)
>a tablet in my drawer loaded with various games and applications
>my phone
>a drill and and a welding machine
>>
>>150402735
>they have any inkling of an idea how it actually works
dude read a book
it's not like we're talking about computers and shit like that. I freely admit I wouldn't be able to make a lightbult or a steam engine, nor would I be able to convince anyone to do crop rotation, but I fucking know how they work.
>>
This is why I've been religiously watching Primitive Technology every day.

I know it'll happen to me one day and I'm going to be prepared for it.
>>
>>150402814
With a smartphone and google sensei I would fucking revolutionize the world (assuming I wasn't burned for being a witch)
>>
>>150402847
Ah, I forgot to mention that you have no GPS and no various other current-day networks.
>>
>>150401077
I guess I could introduce calculus? Also various methods for encryption and decryption.

If I spend a few months or years racking my brain there's a small chance I might manage to get transistors into existence. And then lay down the framework for computing and data storage to be used down the line.
>>
>>150401250
Can someone explain to me what the fuck is that shit.
>>
>>150402814
Guess I'll finally make use of that Kiwix install I have on my computer.
>>
>>150402875
Shit then it's no go
my phone has nothing except shitty isekai novels on it
>>
>>150402875
>implying I don't have wikipedia downloaded onto my laptop

Gotta conserve that charge though
>>
>>150402821
You probably have a very (emphasis on very) general idea of how they work, most likely from your highschool and maybe a few empirical observations from your everyday life. That's still pretty far from being able to invent them, only give a few ideas at most unless you go on and become a scientist in the past which should still take years of dedication.

Work is still work, even when you can avoid wasting time on fake stuff.
>>
>bring math and physics
just telling people about gravity would be enough to jumpstart progress a thousand years or so
>>
>>150402911
Introduce that to them, then.
>>
>>150402735
I know how to make gunpowder (shitty blackpowder really), so as long as I get transported to a world that doesn't already have guns or an equivalent I'm pretty set. Just show off my exploding powder to a few folks, avoid getting killed by frightened peasant, and earn the attention of a rich patron who wants to use my "invention" for war or construction or something, and I'm set.

The general problem people have when they say "Well if I was in a medieval setting I would just make X!" is that like you said, they don't actually have any detailed knowledge on how the thing they want to make works, or if they do, they forget that often most modern tech requires a lot of other more basic tech and social conditions to work. That's why it's best to start with simple stuff that also useful to the people who's world you just landed in. Stuff that ideally you could make your self or easily demonstrate to people. Chemicals and simple tools are good for this, but more complex ideas like, new farming techniques or health innovations are terrible because you have to go around convincing all the already knowledgeable people in that world that your ideas are better, which is difficult if your just some random stranger from nowhere.
>>
>>150402979
>getting people addicted to japanese light novels many years before literature becomes commonplace

I fear that that would ruin that worlds future
>>
>>150402814
>Glass cola bottle
>Soy Sauce
>Books/LN/Doujins
>Stapler from... hold on.

>Speed Products Co. (1939-56)

Holy fuck this stapler is old.
>>
>>150402798
Unless by "from scratch" you mean you literally mined the raw materials from the earth, smelted the ores into proper metals, refined oils into plastic, made all the other materials, personally shaped them into the proper parts then put them together into a working radio, then you're just as full of shit as everyone else here.

The pre-made radio parts aren't just going to be sitting around for you to put together like a puzzle.

This is what annoys me most of everyone being so fucking stupid in this thread. They're only thinking 1 layer deep. Yeah you might be mildly familiar or even knowledgeable about how some parts of some modern device or idea, but every one of those parts is just the tip of an iceberg, the culmination of dozens or even hundreds of years of research and work from people all over the world. Recreating all of that truly "from scratch" would be nigh impossible even for real experts, let alone stupid cartoon watching nerds who delude themselves into thinking constantly insulting strangers on the internet makes them smart.
>>
File: 41R0mHB.gif (563KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
41R0mHB.gif
563KB, 480x270px
>>150400279
What really bothers me is this: How did his fucking cellphone stay charged for as long as it did?
>>
>>150403026
Don't worry you'd be doing the world a favor, isekai novels would become less popular just like how treatises on art used to be popular in the 1500s but nowadays nobody fucking reads them.
>>
>>150403057
How long did it last again? I can get mine to last a couple days if I put it on airplane mode and use it sparingly.
>>
>>150402624
The hero usually gets some sort of friends to help him.
>>
>>150400785
>planet fatness

>gym

You'll never leave humanity behind
>>
File: 1343688383237.jpg (29KB, 337x404px) Image search: [Google]
1343688383237.jpg
29KB, 337x404px
>>150403052
Anon, you don't need to reinvent copper or iron smelting if you get sent 1,000 years into the past.
>>
>>150403052
Mined the ores? No.

Processed them? Yes.

Processed the oils into plastics? Yes.

Did the refinement and part creation? Yes.

You realize materials in any largely populated area, while not cheap, are available.

>The pre-made radio parts aren't just going to be sitting around for you to put together like a puzzle.
No nigger, I actually did it from scratch. Hell I even made the fucking furnace I processed the ore in.
>>
>>150403052
It isn't "from scratch" it's with the tech around 1000 years ago.
>>
>>150403117
I call fucking bullshit.
>>
>>150403057
Did you grow up with smartphones? Normal phones can last months when they're not constantly looking for signal. I'm not talking airplane mode; I'm talking about removing the SIM card entirely. Those phones don't have services constantly running in the background, draining your battery and pinging networks.

>>150403082
My smartphone lasts a week with normal usage - I removed all of the Google Apps and opted to use F-Droid (FOSS app store) and Aptoide (for those couple of proprietary apps I need)
>>
>>150401077
Cure for scurvy.
>>
>>150402814
I'm within 5 meters of a gun safe and multiple bookcases.

Fuck, man, I have Mosby's Clinical Nursing, Grey's Anatomy, and an Atlas within 5' of me.
>>
>>150403116
>>150403143
kys "smart but lazy" faggots
>>
>>150403116
You do need to have some more modern knowledge of metallurgy though to get them to the purities you might want. Not impossible really.
>>
>>150403117
I don't know what Anon is ranting on, there is well documented scripture on the purchase of copper wire, iron sheeting, charcoal dust and paper as far back as 1500 or so.

The bigger problem is no one is transmitting anything, and there is no electrical outlets for you to use.
>>
>>150403148
I literally do this shit as a hobby. You don't have to believe me. We're on the internet. No one has a reason to believe anyone.
>>
>>150401118
>The "equipment" was literally curved glass

Which would be expensive and inaccessible as fuck for anyone without a patron.
>>
>>150403173
>The bigger problem is no one is transmitting anything, and there is no electrical outlets for you to use.
Generating electricity is actually really easy for anyone with access to vinegar, copper, and zinc.
>>
What if I wrote a rough rendition of the Bible and reenacted Jesus's life with trickery and assistance from devoted followers? Death and everything.
>>
>>150402907
'Chinese' S

Did you not into middle school?
>>
>>150403148
>no one is allowed to be knowledgeable about anything because I say so
>>
>>150403174
I'll make an effort and believe you're absolutely autistic then.
>>
>>150402814
Me and the entire kitchen+my laptop gets transported. i'm washing dishes o yeah.
>>
>>150403148
He'd know it's a fucking bloomery that you use to get iron from ores, or a smelter if it's a lower melting point metal.
>>
>>150403200
I always saw that thing in school but i've never knew what it was. Never bothered to ask since they would tell me anything else.
>>
>>150403229
He didn't say smelter or bloomery, he just said furnace.
>>
>>150403207
It's not being knowledgeable. Nigga just comes and says "yeah I processed everything for some reason you know I swear". No details or anything.

How do you even process materials from your home? You probably need some machinery or chemical products, you can't do that from scratch. And you can definitely not just go "yeah I did that".
>>
>>150403262
No one can do anyone. No one knows how to do anything.
>>
>>150401915
>implying Jules Verne didn't predict a primitive internet in the late 1800s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_in_the_Twentieth_Century
>>
>>150403207
It's less a matter of doubting someone might be knowledgeable and more the way "yeah as a matter of fact I do do absolutely every difficult time consuming process you listed" in response to an online argument looks like fucking bullshit.
>>
>>150403101
I don't know about yours, but mine has everything you need.

Just ignore everyone else and do what you need to do, like how I ignore the manager when he complains about me working out in jeans.
>>
>>150400279
Wait, so you're telling me I couldn't make an PC just because I'm transported from 21st century? Blasephmy
>>
>>150402821
>make a lightbulb
tungsten. Also, a lightbulb is just a resistor in action, we're just taking the side effect of using a poor conductor to generate light/ heat.
IIRC edison used a carbonized string or paper for his filament.
>>150402821
>a steam engine
a chamber to boil water, tubes and valves to channel steam, a simple simple piston, and a vent for "exhaust".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73txXT21aZU
>crop rotation
I've grown my own gardens before. It's not difficult.
>>
>>150403284
There's a difference between
>no one can do anything
And what anon is saying:
>It's difficult to believe you just so happen to have all the manufacturing materials/tools to make not only radios from scratch, but also to make the manufacturing materials/tools from scratch as well
It would be like someone saying they not only had the stuff to make a custom car, but also the stuff to build the car and the stuff they needed to build the stuff that helps build the car.
>>
>>150403199
Then you'd have weird cult that would either catch on amongst the poor and have a shot at becoming a real religion, remain small and obscure, or be destroyed for going against the orthodoxy.

Christianity was a religion that most got lucky with a lot historic circumstances. There's nothing inherently superior about Christianity that lead it to conquer so many other religions, there were other religions in the west throughout time that had a similar message to Christianity, but Christianity lucked up with coming up in a time of great distress and decline in a massive continents spanning empire that was generally pretty tolerant of kooky religious beliefs and customs and ensured that transmission of information was fairly easy due to robust road and trade networks.

Christianities a big case of right place, right time.
>>
>>150403284
Nobody would do it.
>yeah i'm making a radio I'm an electronical and telecommunications engineer that's fun
>huh
>also i guess i've processed the materials I used, by myself, for some reason even though it has nothing to do with it and would probably ruin my radio
Why?
>>
File: 1398660205633.jpg (53KB, 340x371px) Image search: [Google]
1398660205633.jpg
53KB, 340x371px
>>150403262
>>150403295
He said in his first post he was a hobbyist who did shit like this. You anti-autist-autists were the ones who responded, insisting he must be oversimplifying because god forbid someone have a skillset you don't. To which his response was fundamentally: "But I did all that shit you just said, which is entirely consistent.

If you were just going to assume he is pointlessly lying from the getgo why even bother replying. Just maintain your smug sense of superiority without replying at all, sense apparently discussion itself is beneath you.
>>
The people of the Isekai world would die from the diseases you, the real-world citizens have (but built an immunity to). Just like what happened to the Native Americans after European contact.

If suddenly, even 40000-100000 real-life citizens went to a new world, the situation would repeat.
>>
>>150403313
>a steam engine
What I always think is funny is people act like the steam engine would be such a huge deal. Basic steam engines existed in Rome and China since like the 3 century. They weren't used mainly because manpower was readily available to do whatever task a steam engine could do for much cheaper.
>>
>>150403407
Yeah those kinds of diseases were eradicated ages ago so our bodies in this period would not have any resistance to them anyway.
>>
>>150403393
Radio making is very different from materials processing and he only evocated radio making in his first post then added the materials part later. That's very unlikely, and it's /a/ so I still call bullshit. Our only autists here are ACK-tier.
>>
>>150400279
>know how to make a toaster, let alone a gun?

Fucking liberals pussies, I swear to christ they don't the difference between a clip and a mag.

Things will change though, we can become great again. Like our granpapies in nam and ww2.
>>
>>150403407
This>>150403458

It's more likely that you would catch some horrifying disease that we don't have anymore, of you would catch a fairly common illness that's easily treated today, but for which no treatment exists in that world/time
>>
>>150401682
Because there's such a thing as internal consistency.

Magic =/= cartoon physics

There's a reason why we don't call every fictional work a looney toons ripoff.
>>
>>150401077
I know how to make aspirin, soap, steam/combustion engines and basic electricity.
Basic chemistry is of great help too, butt all of that will make me burn at the stake for wizardry.
>>
File: 1429146848499.png (22KB, 441x459px) Image search: [Google]
1429146848499.png
22KB, 441x459px
>implying you couldn't be the ULTIMATE idea guy even if you didn't know how shit worked
Look at Leonardo da Vinci, he's famous just for being "the idea guy". I could write a checklist of cool inventions and change history.
>>
File: 1327021258950.png (255KB, 457x381px) Image search: [Google]
1327021258950.png
255KB, 457x381px
>>150403393
>haha I'll just call them stupid and say they can't argue if they question the existence of my alleged personal backyard copper mine, oil drill, smelting station and oil refinery (all built from scratch by me with tools I also built from scratch) that'll show em
>>
File: 1419620976434.gif (212KB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
1419620976434.gif
212KB, 525x525px
>>150403535
you heretic.
>>
>>150403550
>Look at Leonardo da Vinci, he's famous just for being "the idea guy".
Except that he was also a master engineer, painter, sculptor, and architect, yeah, he was just the idea guy.
>>
>>150403557
Goddamn it really gets more and more retarded when you put it that way
I can't believe he thought it'd be credible

yeah nigga i buy my materials RAW then i do it all from scratch i have 2 degrees and then the radio ez pz
>>
>>150401077
Disease.
I'll get everyone sick and they'll die
>>
>People thinking that you would be burned as a witch for pursuing things like chemistry and physics

Science was the noblemans hobby. Mostly because the upper class were the only ones who could afford the tools and materials for it. And because they were the ones who had a half decent education for their time.
>>
>>150403600
what did he actually invent outside of fantastic drawings of random flying machines
>>
>>150403667
They'd probably get burned because they would be autistic fedora's about it

>BEHOLD MY AMAZING POWERS OF ALCHEMY SIMPLE PEASANTS!
>Oi, that's pretty neat, God Bless ya sire for this
>Pfft, your phony skydaddy has nothing to do with this! This is SCIENCE!
>APOSTATE! BURN HIM!
>>
>>150402799
Tell us more about how your rap is superior to Gregorian Chants
>>
>>150400384
>Drifters
Isn't that the one where Nobunaga came along with an old musket and tried to replicate it and everyone told him no one but muh crafty dwarves could copy something like that and he went "well shit, no choice but to find those dwarves"? Not really supporting the point.
Unless you're talking about how he made saltpeter from shit and corpses but that's entirely within his range of expertise, especially as a warlord.
>>
>>150403776
From Wikipedia
>Among those inventions that are credited with passing into general practical use are the strut bridge, the automated bobbin winder, the rolling mill, the machine for testing the tensile strength of wire and the lens-grinding machine
Outside of that, he mostly spent his engineering time on making big ass siege engines for cash.
>>
>>150403702
Most famously know during his lifetime as a painter actually. He studied a lot and conceptualized a lot of things that were decades to centuries ahead of their time but never published or profited off them. Being "an idea guy" is not profitable. Its his work as a painter and artist that earned him money and made him famous.
>>
>>150403855
Meant for >>150403702
>>
>>150403776
This is most likely end for any time/world trawler from modern age, especially for fedora atheist tippers.
>>
>>150403856
He's still praised now for his retarded fantastical drawings. You said it yourself, his "inventions" were never published, meaning he never got the chance to receive recognition for them while he was alive, but still.

Imagine a series of drawings similar to Da Vinci's, but chronicling EVERY important invention that could happen in the future. At the very least you'd be Nostradamus
>>
>All this autists thinking they have to be the next Einstein/Tesla and introduce shit like radios, electricity, or engines.
>Not introducing shit that everybody knows, like food, math, sciences, literature, etc.

/a/ disappoints as always, except for the burgers and donuts dude.
>>
You guys are a bunch of nerds holy shit
>>
>>150403886
Man I would love transport modern people from various religious denominations to 14th century Europe just to see how long they could go before being roasted by the church or stoned by villagers for having heretical beliefs.
>>
>>150404035
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>150404001
>implying people from medieval ages doesn't know math

Even the Egyptians knew
>>
>>150404035
>Anime lovers are nerds

Stop the presses.
>>
>>150401077
>NO UNGA! THAT CAVE PAINTING IS MY WAIFU! FUCK OFF AND MAKE YOUR OWN, DIPSHIT
>>
>>150404046
Yeah, that's why most isekais use magic aside from it being cool and obligatory. Though even in magical world you can't explain most things to general population with "lol magic", because magicians and random important people will be all over your ass to get to know what kind of magic is this that they never heard about it, and if it isn't some dark/demon/heretic magic at which point you will burn the same way as in medieval Europe.
>>
>>150404158
>1000 years
>cavemen
>>
People don't seem to have mentioned the best use of electricity in a fantasy world, the telegraph.

Suddenly, information can travel faster than the speed of horse and pigeon.

This is an incredible boon to just about anything you can think of to do with the running of a large empire.
>>
>>150404182
>isekais
>s
the fuck, mang
>>
>>150401077
chinese cartoon porn
>>
>>150403313
>a chamber to boil water
>tubes
>valves
>a simple simple piston
How would you build these if they haven't invented the blast furnace yet and all you have to work with is bloomery iron?
>>
File: 565096ffc4618820098b45b3.jpg (127KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
565096ffc4618820098b45b3.jpg
127KB, 900x500px
>>150404158
kek

>>150404212
He didn't say where
>>
>>150404158
How bad was your education that you think 1,000 years ago was the stone age?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/11th_century
>>
>>150404224
Fight me.
>>
>>150404001
Math and Sciences requires you to convince a bunch of rich assholes that you, a nobody, somehow has amazing knowledge they don't, sure maybe you could demonstrate it to them, but it's unlikely you'd get the opportunity to do so, since you're a nobody, and even then they might not believe you if the knowledge that your teaching contradicts too much of their established knowledge base. Remember Aristotle, and man who live 2500 years ago, was considered the basis of all scholarly thinking until like 200 years ago, and people who contradicted him usually faced persecution of some sort.

For literature, well I don't know how that's suppose to help you since medieval societies are well know for high literacy rates, and writing was generally reserved for the religious, or rich assholes with lots of time on their hands. It also requires you to already know how to write, unless you plan to just plagiarize other authors, in which case, good luck trying to get people to like Shakespeare with out proper context.
>>
>>150404275
So food is the best bet huh? The sandwich was invented when, three centuries ago? Two?
>>
>>150404246
>cavemen
>in 10th century Africa
>>
>>150402814
>projector
I will blow their minds with my electric phantasmagoria
>>
>>150404349
Yeah that's a bit overkill, you don't really need to go back in time for that
>>
In shieldbro all of the summoned heroes past and present are or were Otaku. Since Otaku in japan means something different than in the rest of the world there might have been heroes who knew to the point of obsession how stuff worked and why.

Because of this, there's one place that's far more technologically advanced than others in the other world. Where heroes are invited to live in, share what they know and spread their lineage since for some reason the ones that get summoned have the best genes. Most of the nobility there has descended from heroes of the past. Of course there's a lot of power struggles in such a country but that has never stopped progress

They have a lot of modern stuff like paved roads, drainage/sewer system, cars, tanks, planes, advanced firearms and i'm not sure but they probably also have working internet but i doubt that one.

>>150404222
You'd need to build an infrastructure of telephone lines or radio to be able to send messages however.
>>
File: 1477724790803.jpg (397KB, 593x564px) Image search: [Google]
1477724790803.jpg
397KB, 593x564px
>>
Why don't any of these people ever catch smallpox?
>>
>>150404275
With regards to literature, you could literally plagiarize whatever was contemporary to whatever time period you're in. While churning out plagiarized modern day classics hundreds of years before they were meant to exist.

Even if you didn't become financially successful immediately, because being an author was NEVER profitable, you'd literally erase hundreds of authors from history and replace them as the single greatest author of all time.
>>
>>150404430
Because most isekai was made post-1980, and the characters are often from from first-world, civilized countries.
>>
>>150404349
>10th century

You mean 11th. It's currently the 21st century.
>>
>>150404375
Not that anon, but even on short distances via wire it'd be useful. Like connecting sections of a wall or fort.
>>
>>150401077
>wake up on a shit and piss stained street
>get sick in less than 24 hours because your immune system cant handle it
>cant afford a doctor nor food
>try to sell your possessions
>nobody wants your wierd clothes
>die
That's what would actually happen.

Or
>try to sell your possessions
>nobody wants your wierd clothes
>show your phone
>it gets stolen
>cant afford a doctor nor food
>die
>>
>>150404508
>a doctor
oh wait
>>
>>150400350
Genjitsushugisha no Oukokukaizouki.

What? have none of you read it? This is the best example of what OP is talking about.
>>
>>150404375
>You'd need to build an infrastructure
Yeah, so start small like the internet did. Get a grant from the king to set up a single line between his capital and an other important city for administrative purposes. Extend more lines to other cities when the value is proven. Later businesses and banks want in on it to coordinate other branches so charge them for its use. Lay more lines to cope with increased demand, allowing more supply. Keep going.

Hell, get the Adventurers Guild cartel to invest, they could definitely use a telegraph.
>>
>>150404508
>your inmune system can't handle it.
Living in a shitty third world country may prove useful for once.
>>
>>150402814
5 meters around me is my whole room.
It is filled with encyclopedias that i only skimmed through and many other books,
all my gadgets like phone pc and laptop,
my very comfortable bed and would you look at that, luck is on my side with a mini generator for my class project and a few snacks.
but i still believe i will die in 3 days at most
>>
>>150404561
Not when you're trying to fight off 1000 year old diseases. They're basically an entire new strain as far as your body is concerned.
>>
File: 9781466806528.jpg (100KB, 622x1000px) Image search: [Google]
9781466806528.jpg
100KB, 622x1000px
>>150400279
The average isekai author has never read a single piece of media outside his deliberately targeted at him otaku pandering genereshit.

They don't have a single clue.
>>
>>150404341
Nah foods pretty bad but I just didn't have space to finish typing. The thing about inventing new foods is finding a market for them. You could be the best chef on Earth, but being transported to another world or to the past means whatever reputation you've garnered for your self is out the window, and it's not like you can just start a restaurant. The idea of going out to a place specifically to eat some one else's food rather than just cooking at home is an pretty new idea, and in a medieval type setting no one is going to have the time or disposable to bother with it. Usually if a place served food it was as part of some other services such as in a Tavern or Inn, which are difficult to obtain and/or start working for due to guilds and shit. Even outside of that you have to remember that your list of ingredients would be very limited. Many of the common cooking ingredients used today (corn, potatoes, tomatoes, etc,) are new world crops that didn't exist in Europe or Asia, and outside of Asia, most spices were rare and expensive so you're foods going to have limited flavor compositions, and if you're in some entirely different world they may have shit your have zero idea how to cook. Then there's the problem of storage, most shit in the past would be heavily salted, brined, or honeyed to prevent decay after harvest, so for most of the year you're working with ingredients that are way too salty or way too sweet. It's doable sure, but really tough.
>>
>people talking about introducing new foods
Please no, Japanese authors writing about how sugoi soy sauce and miso are is already bad enough.
>>
>>150404558
>Get a grant from the king
I don't think you know how kings work. You couldn't just walk up and file for a grant like you'd apply for a car loan. He's not even going to bother to see you if you don't have some sort of reputation behind you.
>>
>>150404632
I would try and get an audience with the ruler of wherever I ended up first. Make him a sandwich or other basic shit with whatever I have at hand.
>>
>>150404672
Duh, that's why you have to use your <<Cheat>> to rescue the disguised princess from rape bandits first.
>>
>>150404632
>being this autistic about food
nigga if it tastes good it will sell and get reputation on its own, this isn't starting a small business in new york, this is selling food in a market from a cart
>>
>>150400804
By studying avian anatomy stupid.

The vast majority of our breakthroughs are imitating what evolved in nature.
>hey this moldy bread doesn't have to deal with bacteria
>I wonder if I can isolate that
And so on and so forth.

Even things like siphons and drain waste vent plumbing have analogies in nature for us to observe and copy.
>>
>>150403637
most realistic answer
It would be like the Europeans encountering american natives all over again. 1000 years of disease evolution is a scary thing
>>
>>150404712
>Hey count/duke/king/ruler dude, let me cook something totally awesome for you!
>What? No I'm not an assassin! Wait! No! Take your hands off me! AAAAAHHHHH!

Most nobles would already have their own chef, they'd have no reason to trust a random stranger to cook for them.

>>150404757
Where are you getting the food from? and with what money? Do you have permission from the local guild/noble to sell your good in the market? How are you going to stop other food vendors from just stealing your ideas and using them themselves and then muscling you out because they have more connections?
>>
>>150404659
You underestimate how devoid of flavor food was back then. I mean, fucking salt alone was used as a currency.

Working around modernised food is honestly not a bad idea.
GOOD FUCKING LUCK WITH THAT MAYO THOUGH WHERE THE FUCK WOULD YOU EVEN FIND A LEMON OR MAKING A VINEGAR OIL IN A BUMFUCK MEDIEVAL PSEUDO EUROPE
>>
It's interesting that none of these kinds of stories ever seem to acknowledge what disgusting horrible places cities were to live in only a few hundred years ago. As in, "the city always smells like literal shit because raw sewage is flowing through the streets" disgusting. As in, "more people die than are born in the city and the population only grows through migration from the countryside" disgusting.
>>
>>150402814
>The air around me
>My body
>All those fucking germs and shit
I claim myself to be God or something and purge the 'sinners'. Since I run on consumatives, I work indefinitely and regenerate food and bacteria with time.
>>
>>150404860
Jesus?
>>
>>150404765
You know, if you are smart enough (and extremely lucky) you could use that to your advantage.

>Tell everybody you are a god of plague and disease
>Much easier if you end somewhere without Christianity or other similar religion
>Wait for the best opportunity to reveal your "divinity"
>Enjoy life as a god

Or you could end up killed. Worth a try though.
>>
>>150404833
It's because that wasn't the case in ye olde japan cities so jap writers naturally assume that It wasn't a thing in Europe either
>>
>>150404819
You're just rambling on about semantics. Of course I'm going to start from scratch, I'm not going to magically have a bunch of food on me. In fact, you forgot to ask me how I even got a cart, did I build the cart myself and chop the wood for the cart myself?
>do I have permission to push my cart around and offer food to people wherever I please
I dunno, do I have your permission?
>stealing my recipes
If they can replicate what I cooked at a glance, then I guess good for them?
>>
File: boomstick.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
boomstick.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
If you can bring a gun with you it would be really easy to convince them you're some kind of Divine master of war.
>>
>>150404833
>As in, "the city always smells like literal shit because raw sewage is flowing through the streets" disgusting. As in, "more people die than are born in the city and the population only grows through migration from the countryside" disgusting.

That was mostly and effect of the Industrial Revolution, cities before that, while not models of cleanliness, weren't the writhing cesspools of death and decay that 18th and 19th century cities were. Generally before that city population decline happened due to economic reason (and the occasion plague, but that wasn't really the cities fault)

Hell if you lived in an old Roman city you likely had a working sewer and running water.
>>
File: makky-chan.png (1MB, 917x1057px) Image search: [Google]
makky-chan.png
1MB, 917x1057px
>>150404873
>Wait for the best opportunity to reveal your "divinity"

I'd start a cult of my own and spread diseases through kisses - just so somebody can discover a way of curing it and advance that world's medicine.
>>
>>150401789
Western Isekai has never been topped.
>>
>>150404918
My supension of disbelief was broken a bit when ash just happened to have have some chemistry books to make gunpowder and shit inside his car all along.
>>
>>150404614
you kidding me.
the average present day human would be immune as fuck to those diseases.

The real twist is that all of the diseases inhabiting your body that aren't strong enough to kill you, would be much more evolved that the diseases of the 1000yrs ago, and would run rampant upon any society you pass through.

It would be like that Katsuhiro Otomo short, Stink Bomb, with you killing everything you come across.
>>
>>150400516
Yeah, there are health NEETs. Really, if someone's going to be a NEET, there are a number of ways they can occupy their overabundance of free time. Shitposting on the internet all day isn't the ONLY avenue available, anon.

I think the point of being a shut-in is that you're a social recluse or something.
>>
>>150404895
>do I have permission to push my cart around and offer food to people wherever I please
> dunno, do I have your permission?
Stop thinking like you live in a liberal modern state, you couldn't just pull a cart in to the local town market and start selling, if you did, the local merchants or guild would beat the shit out of you maybe even kill you.
>>
>>150400516
>>150404975
Yeah basically, obsessed to the point of social detrimentation when focused on something, not just anime and manga like that term dictates in anywhere not japan.
>>
>anons actually think they'd be able to invent anything without access to resources and with the local people convinced they're making witch craft.
Unlike you losers I'd introduce myself to the King as a playwright and then I'd plagiarise the hell out of classic movies.
>>
>>150401077
Electricity would be fairly easy to do. All of the materials would be available to produce metal-acid batteries. Electromagnetism is fairly simple to explore at that point, which would introduce the possibility of magnetizing iron to use for power generation in water wheels and windmills. This could be used to create simple heating elements, electric motors, lightbulbs, water pumps, etcetera. I bet they would also be interested in using electricity to execute people.

At that point, people would be more believe me when I talk about concepts like germ theory and atomic theory.

I could also introduce things like distilling gasoline from oil, combustion engines, and steam engines, though a lot of the equipment there may also necessitate the construction of precision lathes and mills beforehand.
>>
>>150405003
That reminds me that if Naofumi never got help from that one town he won a race in or if he didn't get a certificate from that accessory seller that's a top dog from the merchant's guild he'd probably have a very hard time selling shit.
>>
>>150404932
>Implying someone would find a cure for all the diseases you carry, specially without germ theory around.
It would be like the black plague. Holy shit, Europe would suffer two pandemics in three centuries.
>>
>>150404965
>the average present day human would be immune as fuck to those diseases.
No they wouldn't. Especially the diseases, like smallpox, that we've basically eliminated.

>The real twist is that all of the diseases inhabiting your body that aren't strong enough to kill you, would be much more evolved that the diseases of the 1000yrs ago

That is not how evolution works, the diseased aren't more evolved, they're just different due to outside stimuli, which means your body has built up immunities to the current iteration of the disease and not the past one, so while you might have some effective immunization against diseased that haven't changed much in 1000 years, you still get sick from a ton of others.
>>
>>150400279
It's funnu because in Re:Zero such knowledge never helps MC in any way and he was just fantasizing with how useful it will be and never goes anywhere with that excatly because what you are saying.
>>
>>150404965
You don't know much about diseases.

They don't work like fucking power levels. It's not just a cold war of diseases and animals growing in power level over time like
>Haha! These diseases from 1000 years ago only have a power levels of 200! My modern day human disease resistance powerlevel of 15,000 will defeat it with ease! I'm invincible and immune to everything in this time!

They mutate and become fundamentally different. Your body has never been exposed to the variety of diseases from then and you'd be vulnerable as fuck to them. Plus there's diseases from the past that don't exist any more, meaning you'd have ZERO exposure to anything even remotely close to them.

Like, smallpox is an officially eradicated disease. Do you honestly think that's because everybody on earth is just immune to it now? Cause we're not, the fact that nobody on earth has been exposed to it before means we're actually more vulnerable to it now than ever, and it would wreck people if it ever came back.

Though I suppose I can't blame you for not knowing this if you also had a shitty 3rd world education.
>>
>>150402814
I HAVE A MAP. I'M FUCKING RICH I HAVE A MAP. I HAVE A PROOF THAT THE NEW WORLD EXIST, THAT THERE IS ANOTHER WAY TO THE INDIES. YEEEEE-

Oh, and I'm burned as a sorcerer or something.
>>
>>150405003
You're assuming I directly started selling smack dab in the middle of the biggest city for some reason. Even if I did, why would they beat me up for selling something with no real competition? I'm not undercutting their shitty crops or something and pissing off the medieval mafia by stealing their profits.
>you couldn't just pull a cart in to the local town market and start selling
Isn't that what merchants fucking did? Head to different countries with different rules to buy/sell/trade goods?
>>
>>150405117
Why did Europe bring super diseases to America but they didn't catch any American super diseases to bring back to Europe and start plagues there?
>>
>>150405117
>Shitty third world education
Wow nigger. Hold on, he ain't me. I shut up when I was told my strong immune system would do jack shit against 1000 year old diseases.
>>
>>150402385
>world is round
The Chinese, Greeks, and Persians knew this.
>plumbing
Romans say hi. Also, Indus valley.
>agriculture
The Rotherham plow and seed drill and horse collar are all a big fucking deal. Why does no one bring it up?
>explosives
The Chinese had poison gas bombs by 1000, you're a little late.
>electricity
Rather difficult to actually use.
>>
>>150401198
It's actually not that hard
>>
>>150405164
What is syphilis?
>>
File: conneticut yankee.jpg (99KB, 449x700px) Image search: [Google]
conneticut yankee.jpg
99KB, 449x700px
>>150400350

Read a fucking book. A real one.
>>
>>150405167
All cool man I was just joking around anyways.

>>150405164
Well the europeans intentionally gave the indians blankets with smallpox while I don't think the inidians tried anything in return. That may have been a part of it.
>>
>>150405164
There were no American super diseases because there were very few cities in America in the first place for diseases to be created.
>>
>>150403997
He's praised now because we understand he's cool.
>>
>>150403535
People knew how to make soap before people knew how to write.

Not exactly gamechanging stuff.
>>
>>150405064
It's funny how rarely that gets touched on in medieval fantasy. Guilds were a huge pain in the ass to deal with for anyone trying to start a business or trade in most cities sine they were usually very protective of their monopolies.

>>150405149
> Even if I did, why would they beat me up for selling something with no real competition?
Because you didn't go through the proper channels. Guilds usually controlled a lot of the trade in most towns and they were very protective of their monopolies, so new guy coming and even maybe trying to get in on the game was a major concern. Now if you were just selling stuff to Guild members it wouldn't be a concern, but you're trying to establish yourself as an independent merchant in their area, and they won't appreciate it.

>I'm not undercutting their shitty crops or something and pissing off the medieval mafia by stealing their profits.

Merchants don't sell crops, farmers do, and I'm assuming you're selling some kind cooked good on the streets, which is a problem for all the tavern and inn owner that are in the guild as they would much rather people enter their establishment and eat the food they're making. Also I assumed you went to at least a moderately sized town as you're local dirt villager doesn't really have disposable income.

>Isn't that what merchants fucking did?
Not really, they went to towns to sell their good to other merchants in the town that would use them to make something else or otherwise sell them.
>>
>>150404659
Both would've been sugoi considering sugar was a huge luxury.
>>
File: Meme_bc6bb8_436840.jpg (165KB, 775x504px) Image search: [Google]
Meme_bc6bb8_436840.jpg
165KB, 775x504px
I bring back my knowledge of memes and use their power to conquer the world and become the Supreme Memelord.
>>
>>150405149
>no real competition
ALL food is competition and if you don't have any, you've made an independent monopoly.
How are you even getting the ingredients to begin with? Where is your money from? Are you carrying something of value on your person?
>>
File: 1479944286049.png (114KB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
1479944286049.png
114KB, 258x258px
>>150405298
Once again, what was the point of all that? Some hypothetical guild guy walks up to me, tells me I can't sell there, I tell him I'd like to either join the guild or sell to the guild. I'm not going to get my throat slit for trying to sell some good food to peasants on the outskirts of town. And I just said I wasn't intruding on any monopolies, I'm selling a NEW product. Aka food that doesn't require you to stay at an inn for, fast food (which you fucking said didn't really exist)

And yes, that is what lots of merchants did. They crossed vast distances to trade for shit with China or India or Africa.
>>
>>150402172
The first steam engines sucked because they were condensing steaming to create a vacuum to exert force. The water cooling was to cool the steam to condense it.

And yeah boilers exploded all the time because of a range of reasons, but people still used them because they were so much better than anything else.

If you started your industrial revolution with a steam pressure driven piston and crankshaft rather than a condensing vacuum you just cut about 100 years of development off, and can move directly into useful steam power for static or locomotive forces.

Combine a working knowledge of electric generators and basic electric theory and you now have a viable prime mover that you can attach to a generator to make electric power that has wide ranging applications from powering machinery to chemical processing, to even just electric lights.

Depending on the tech level you can even jump start hundreds of years of trial and error to get right to efficient steel production with the proper furnace design and metallurgy.

>>150402212
>Probably not you actually need to kinda know chemistry for that.

Not really. It is actually as simple as a zinc plate and a copper plate with a brine soaked rag between them.

The lead acid battery is two sheets of lead, one lead the other lead dioxide and sulfuric acid. Sulfuric acid dates from about 80AD. (burn sulfur and saltpeter plus steam to make it)
You now have a rechargeable battery.

~

All of this is a high school level knowledge that your average nerd should know if they had any interest in the Victorian era at all.
>>
think small,just make pants pockets and face masks
>>
>>150405447
>I'm not going to get my throat slit for trying to sell some good food to peasants on the outskirts of town.
You actually might if you got a little fame going.

>China / India / Africa
Foreign merchants sold to local ones, first off, and secondly China didn't have guilds in the European sense.

>>150405470
If it's a thousand years ago, your best bet is to write up some theological treatise or start the Agricultural Revolution.
>>
How about something like, I don't know, 'pst King, your neighbor is going to die in three months'.
>>
>>150401334
No Game No Life.
Sora uses his Civilization strategy guide to give out useful information to relevant people after he becomes King.

Then he just fucks of and plays games with fish and angels.

Haven't seen much change yet, but there might be some in the untranslated volumes.
>>
>>150405596
It works only if you time travel and have some knowledge about exact period of history.
>>
>this entire thread is just one guy shooting down everyone's ideas and everyone else circlejerking him off
>>
>>150401077
I'm an autismo nerd, so
>basic steam/electric engines
>concrete and rebars (welcome modern buildings)
>modern maths
>modern physics
>modern geography
>gunpowder
>crop rotaion
>improved cultivars
>guns and cannons
>germ theory
>powered flight
>the spinning jenny
>modern nationalism
>the bessemer process
>puddling furnaces
>the gatling gun mechanism later on
Renaissance shitters could improve it later on and we'll have an interstellar empire by the XXIc.
>>
>>150405642
True. You might do something like suggesting the lanteen rig, watertight compartments,and the rudder though, which is easy to make a matchstick model of and far superior to the square rig. Sell the idea to the Shipwright's Guild, starting with 'it can sail even with a hole through it' and 'you can sail against the wind' and 'a hole in the ship doesn't sink it'. You can also do the same with an astrolabe as long as you know the equator-pole system and some trial-and-error, and invent the compass and chained gears as well as the wheelbarrow which wasn't a thing in Europe for some ungodly reason. Seed drill and Rotherham plow too.
You only need to sell the ideas.

>>150405819
Nationalism? In 1000? Are you retarded?
>>
>>150405819
>ideasguy.png
Modern math and science don't sound like they'd be widely accepted, Germ theory sounds like hogwash in laymen's terms, nationalism is imposdible during the period, etc. etc.
>>
This is only slightly related but if you were to time travel, say 100 years in the past, wouldn't you end up in space because the earth is always moving and rotating?
>>
>>150405879
Relative to what, itself? No, it's stationary relative to a time machine sitting on it.
>>
>>150405879
>earth
More like whole Solar system, Galaxy and Universe at large. But, hey, magic!
>>
>>150403057
Maybe he turned it off you fucking retard
>>
>>150405221
>>150404552
>it doesnt have an anime adaption
not worth my time
>>
>>150405919
None of those are moving relative to themselves, and the earth certainly isn't moving relative to a machine bolted to it.
>>
>>150405819
>Modern nationalism
You'll have to do a parallel reconstruction of the Peace of Westphalia and invent the nation-state first.
>>
>>150405954
You'd also need time and a more centralized 'state' that isn't just 'the count's yard, which belongs to Duke hairyass, which belongs to Archduchess titty, which belongs to Emperor Kaiser. And vernacular. And, and, and.
>>
>>150405944
>time machine
Wasn't mentioned by anyone here. You just happen to travel in time or dimensions for no reason or due magic.
>>
>>150405995
Well that magic acts on you, who isn't moving (significantly) relative to the earth.
>>
>Anime about Highschooler gets transfered to a different world

>Everyone still speaks Japanese
>>
>>150406046
Isn't it usually explained away as 'nah they don't but autotranslate haha'
You usually can't read the language after all.
>>
>>150406011
The fact that you aren't moving is part of the dilemma. Or supposed dilemma. If you and Earth are currently in spot A and Earth was in spot B in year XXX. You won't go to spot B because your coordinates do not change.
>>
>>150405843
>>150405875
>>150405954
I'm aware it wasn't a thing, but ideas spread and It might just turn out to be a major gamechanger (just like how protestantism became a thing in just a few decades)

>Modern math and science don't sound like they'd be widely accepted
That's why you start from the bottom (newton;s laws/geometry/the decimal system) and build on over time, training other people, creating a workshop by delegating tasks. I won't sperga about calculus immediately.
Also, who cares about the plebs. I'll offer the local ruler some makeshift muskets to attract his attention and get protection.

>Germ theory sounds like hogwash in laymen's terms
Not if you present it properly. Just equate dirt/shit/spit/coughing with decease and create a culture of removing and avoiding it when possible and you'll get roughly the same effect without talking about invisible animals like a schizo.
>>
>>150402814
Bed
gun locker with nugget, ak, shotgun, glock, Luger, mp40, remmington hunting rifle, and an m16, about $800-1000 of loose ammo, bullet press
bug out bag with an bunch of random survival shit like MREs, compass and maps, flint/steel, fIrst aid shit,duck tape, rope, a pot, a bunch of seeds, etc
dresser full of clothes
night stand with a lamp, bottle of antacids, bottle of sleeping pills and several bottles of water on it, several hundred empty water bottles in a trash barrel and on the floor
a box full of old college papers/notebooks under bed
shelf full of books, mostly scifi, manga, and nazi shit
Most useful thing in total is probably a 300 or so page packet of info graphics I have compiled over the years about fucking everything, booby traps used in Nam, digging up iron from bogs, farming for a family of 4 on a few acres, military drills, equipment, and base locations, various lifehacks, water mill generators, making explosives and poisons, building shelters, making a steam engine, chemical reactions to extract all kinds of shit from other shit/nature, basics of nuclear weaponry, etc etc a lot relies on modern shit, but about half would brobably be useful to some degree
It would put all the years of being in the /pol/ happening cult to good use.
>>
File: 1480004044967.png (220KB, 301x320px) Image search: [Google]
1480004044967.png
220KB, 301x320px
Really, being able to invent the thing isn't even the biggest hurdle.

The biggest hurdle is actually selling the product. Because like hell a social outcast who dropped out of high school to hole himself up in his room playing eroge has the people skills to be an entrepreneur in medieval fantasy Yurop.
>>
>>150406094
No, you dumbass. There is literally no such thing as Spot A or B without a system of reference, for all we know the reference point is 'on earth'.

>>150406096
>I won't sperg about calculus
Geometry is nothing new and Newton's laws, esp. the second, are proved using calculus.

>makeshift muskets
But those muskets need gunpowder thry don't have and would've underperformed crossbows and been dishonorable and a threat to security to boot.

>dirt / spit
Here's the thing, medieval people did wash, hell roman baths often remained standing and fully functional. They stopped with the Black Death as it also transmits through water.

>>150406155
You could just sell it to a guild, or join that guild as an inventor after giving them an invention or three for free. The big issue is funding and not getting murdered.
>>
>>150402814
Only counting the books on hand.
>Books on Metallurgy, Ceramics, Material Science, College level Physics, Math and Chemistry
>Several Dictionaries including a Latin-German one.
>A Vulgate
>Several others, mostly fiction though.
Even if I'm useless, the stuff I'd bring with me certainly isn't.
>>
>>150406217
>You could just sell it to a guild, or join that guild as an inventor after giving them an invention or three for free. The big issue is funding and not getting murdered.
You still have to convince someone in the guild that you and your ideas are worth their time.
Maybe some anons in this thread could do that just fine. But we're talking about your average NEET isekai MC who's a total fucking failure at life.
>>
>>150406314
Your average NEET Isekai MC meets and woos the 7th Imperial Princess twenty minutes after arriving and is brilliant and eloquent but lazy
>>
>>150406096
>I'll offer the local ruler some makeshift muskets to attract his attention and get protection.
see here though, the ONLY reason to use crappy muskets over mastercrafted longbows is because they allow you to raise large peasant armies with only a few days of training, who can then line up and volley fire and massacre knights who have trained for years, whereas longbowmen are basically born to the role and train for decades.

Why is the lord interested in arming his serfs unless it's literally the warring states period and he absolutely needs a large armed peasantry right this moment? And how do you create the manufacturing infrastructure needed to sustain the use of tens of thousands of muskets en masse across a sustained campaign?
>>
>>150402814
I'm at uni so
>books on undergrad through graduate level mathematics, chemistry, physics, computer science, linguistics, the KJV, philosophy books, a star char and atlas I hung up in my dorm, a mechanical watch, galleon in a bottle, my desktop battlestation, a bunch of plastic bottles, a can of tuna I didn't open, the Summa Theologica, a bunch of history books, a longcoat that could probably pass as a greatcoat, my phone, some religion guides, a book on the history of war, Art of War and On War, and leather shoes.
>>
>>150406408
Oh and
>An empty subway wrapper and a pack of doritos
>>
>>150406390
>massacre knights
But not really, because plate can bounce muskets at all but point blank. The big advantage is just ease of use and spooking people
>>
File: konosuba-ep-8-13[1].png (821KB, 1353x692px) Image search: [Google]
konosuba-ep-8-13[1].png
821KB, 1353x692px
>>150406387
>it's a "MC is a basically a Gary Stu superhuman who only a fucking NEET in the first place because his girlfriend cheated on him/his crush rejected him for some Chad" episode
This happens way too often.
>>
>>150406446
Wasn't Kazuma always presented as kind of a loser in that he became a depressed loser after that incident and was kind of a cool guy before?
I don't mind him, the whole lighter and balloon shit seemed legit as hell.
>>
File: ._..png (159KB, 381x257px) Image search: [Google]
._..png
159KB, 381x257px
>>150406387
At that point you're basically fucking made for life, why even bother with all this modern technology shit.
>>
>mfw biologist
>claim to be god of health or some shit
>invent vaccines
>invent medicine, invent anesthetics and anti-biotics and all that good shiz
>god tier status
>>
in the unite dstates toaster building is acutally taught before gun assembly i remember learning how to ubild toaster rifles when i was only 16 years old
>>
>>150406217
>Here's the thing, medieval people did wash, hell roman baths often remained standing and fully functional. They stopped with the Black Death as it also transmits through water.
The black death wouldn't have been so serious if european shitters weren't living in crowded shit-ridden cities without plumbing. If you explain to the average pleb that this enviroment makes him sick and kills his family, I'm pretty sure he'll at least attempt to improve his conditions.

>Geometry is nothing new and Newton's laws, esp. the second, are proved using calculus.
I said begin

>But those muskets need gunpowder thry don't have and would've underperformed crossbows and been dishonorable and a threat to security to boot.
Really depends on whom I have to deal with. Might as well get killed. But gunpowder is easy as shit to make. You just have to experiment with proportions a bit.

>>150406390
>Why is the lord interested in arming his serfs unless it's literally the warring states period and he absolutely needs a large armed peasantry right this moment?
>medieval rulers were all scheming retards with no foresight whatsoever
Considering how fast large siege cannons spread in Europe, I don't think the average medieval king would be so suspicious of muskets.

>10,000
Medieval armies werent so large. Even if I only manage to arm/train only a thousand plebs per year, they'd still be a gamechanger. There is 90% probability that something would go wrong, and I'll get killed or kill myself. But considering that living in the XIc. is pretty much hell on earth worse than death, I might just give it try.
>>
>>150406513
Because you'd like air conditioning, and more importantly the busty redhead Ninth Imperial Princess who can spam country destroying spells by the dozen and is the equal of the entire Demon Army combined doesn't like you and needs to be impressed.

>>150406549
Antibiotics could actually work
>make some dish
>sprinkle antibiotics on top
>dude cures your problems
>>
>>150400279
A collage student of engineering could pull it off, even a high school student studying to get in to one might.

A student who's a medieval history buff could also do it, but wouldn't get as far down the tech line. (irrigation, crop rotation, gunpowder and cannons, basic sanitation and medical practices, central banking, windmills, the screw, cowpox immunization.) that kind of stuff
>>
You know what really bothers me about most isekai fantasy settings?

How most of them are "it's like medieval Europe, but with magic, BUT NEVER THE TWAIN SHALL MEET". Like, how the hell does a society where magic is ordinary and commonplace end up with the same technological progress as the Holy Roman Empire? A civilization where humans can shoot fireballs out of their hands at will should obviously veer off in a wildly different path of development than boring ol' mundane medieval Europe.

Water magic alone would render most cleaning tools pointless, but somehow you'll still see the maid character running around with a mop and rag.
>>
>>150400279
guns are way easier than toasters to make desu
>>
>>150406597
>If you explain to the average pleb that this enviroment makes him sick and kills his family
I don't see no proof o' that m8, go spout your quackery elsewhere, some people have work to do.
>>
>>150406622
>A collage student of engineering could pull it off, even a high school student studying to get in to one might.
Because knowledge of the tensile strength of steel will totally come in handy in a world where steel doesn't fucking exist yet.
>>
>>150406599
>Because you'd like air conditioning
That's what my wind familiar is for though.
Magic sure is convenient, isn't it?
>>
>>150400654
H-homegym masterrace
>>
>>150403361
>>150403199

Introduce Code Geass to people,
rewrite Christianity
profit
>>
>>150406667
that would be useless, but the alloying recipe for steel and the concept of a blast furnace that can make large quantities of steel affordable would in turn domino improvements into every industry.
>>
>>150406653
>I don't see no proof o' that m8, go spout your quackery elsewhere, some people have work to do.
Then I just let the plebs die :^^^^)
Shitposting aside, by being close to the local ruler you could probably have some intellectual authority over the mass of plebs. (example: G*d wants you to be clean/ filth is the work of the devil and by removing it you're being better christians/ the devil lurks around the black death victums, don't go near them)
>>
>>150406597
If we don't restrict ourselves to Dark Ages European armies, there were nearly 140,000 soldiers at the Battle of Cannae, almost 200,000 soldiers at the Battle of Sekigahara, and around 290,000 at the Battle of Red Cliffs. Imagine the logistics of giving half of them muskets.
>>
>>150406734
>that would be useless, but the alloying recipe for steel and the concept of a blast furnace
Yeah, you'd just need to spend several decades of your lifetime re-developing them from what details you remember from the textbook and wait another few decades for adoption of your technology to catch on, by which you'll die before ever seeing the full fruits of your efforts.
Have fun with that.
>>
>>150406756
>Dark Ages
I want this meme to die
>>
>>150406639
Honestly a lot of /a/'s complaints about isekai fantasy are just complaints about pop fantasy, isekai or not.

You also have to account for how easily accessible magic is in the setting.
>>
>>150406680
>implying you can use magic
Oh wait, the baka clumsy scylla maid hungry for penis appointed to you can.

>>150406597
>The black death wouldn't have been so serious if european shitters weren't living in crowded shit-ridden cities without plumbing. If you explain to the average pleb that this enviroment makes him sick and kills his family, I'm pretty sure he'll at least attempt to improve his conditions.
Bullshit. The Black Death was astoundingly contagious and affected cities and rural areas alike. You would have better luck telling people to steam the clothing of the infected and to cremate their bodies using religious mumbo jumbo like cleansing fire. It sounds like bullshit.

>a thousand plebs
You overestimate yourself and discipline is literally god for early muskets. Further, they're levies, and needed to farm.

>>150406639
Because you'd need to think and it'd make self inserting harder. That or magic is rare or expensive, a-la D&D.

>>150406734
A good plow design like THE ONES THE CHINKS USED FOR A THOUSAND FUCKING YEARS and horse collar would be far more effective than steel.

>>150406756
If you didn't restrict yourself, half the simple inventions were already around in China, like Blast Furnance, compass, printing, gunpowder, plowing, crop rotation, lanteen rigging, and disinfection / sanitation.

>>150406806
Europe was pretty fucking far behind. While the Early Middle ages weren't some demonic era, they certainly weren't bright. Even in armies, really, like '500 people dead in England is horrific', meanwhile the ERE could put out 20k and the Shah that got swamped by mongols had 400k.
>>
>>150406818
That's the thing, most western fantasy at least try and make magic a rare talent to justify its small overall impact on society.

Whereas most Japanese fantasy work off of muh JRPG adventurer guild template where every party needs its obligatory cleric and cute witch girl so magic needs to be common in the setting by necessity.
>>
>>150406639
Magic simply existing isn't the same as being commonplace.

Maybe only a few gifted people, or only those with strong natural power or people who undergo lots of training can use magic, and the average maid doesn't have access to it. Maybe magic is really physically taxing and not suited for mundane chores.
>>
>get teleported to another world
>get a wound or any disease from the plentiful animal waste on the streets, die from infection
>dont speak the language, die from starvation since you cant get a job or get your fingers chopped off if you get caught stealing food
>wear modern clothing, people at best drive you into the forest of think you're a witch and kill you

Anyway a tribeless guy who doesnt speak language of the land and who basically suffers from AIDS in regards to the diseases of the past is not going to have a good time.
Not to mention the possibility of killing everyone else with the superbugs you're carrying in your body.
>>
>>150404760
This. almost every major breakthrough in the last 2000 years has been from watching or using nature. It's only incredibly recently where we have been able to map out how some organic things work to the smallest levels and come up with our own unique medicines. Until now we literally used to throw every weird plant we found in random ass jungles at sicknesses and when something looks like its curing it, we try to isolate it, synthesize it and amplify it.
>>
>>150406858
>Europe was pretty fucking far behind
It really unless you mean the period between the fall of Rome and Charlemagne
>>
>>150406876
It's iffy because that could describe some western fantasy too. You don't tend to tell tales about the mundane folk anyway so you'll get a cast full of snowflakes. It's still always iffy because in most of these settings there's magic items and if I were a wizard I would totally try to make a killings spreading magic items to all social classes.
>>
>>150406779
I think you overestimate the complexity of a blast furnace,

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/HautfourneauXVIII_1nb.jpg

it can be powered by waterwheel and coke, I'm just a casual fan af engineering and I could walk a blacksmith through it.
>>
>>150406756
>Imagine the logistics of giving half of them muskets.
Nope. Even 5-10k muskets concentrated in the center would completely decimate the enemy formation, which would be enough to route them.
Also, If I had the manufacturing capability and financial backing of the prime roman republic or one of the 3 kingdoms, I'm pretty sure I'll manage to organize huge worshops by implimenting extensive division of labour. I'll still have to train many many people though.

>>150406858
You overestimate yourself and discipline is literally god for early muskets. Further, they're levies, and needed to farm.
Most probably, I do. By plebs I mean commoner semi-professional soldiers (like the nati guard in the us now) or mercs. Having an core of 2-3k (which is perfectly doable) somewhat diciplined musketeers in the XIc. would definitely give a regional ruler an edge.
>>
>>150406914
>it wasn't
Yeah okay
Show me where a centralized government like ERE, Persia, or China was
Show me why they didn't have a goddamn plow or horse collar
Show me how square rigs even compete with lanteen ones
Show me how their sanitation compared with the public baths and fountains of Persia or the ERE or the disinfection by steam of China. Show me their joke of industry compared to those three, or so many stars have arabic 'english' names.
What about maths and sciences? Culture? Art? Poetry even?
How about the Catapracts of the ERE and Persia and the Caliphates compared to the knights who showed up only four hundred to a thousand years late? Or the organized trade that those three conducted, the feats of engineering like the Grand Canal?
What about food? Persian and Chinese peasants ate spice and sugar on a regular basis and even a poor merchant dressed in silk or cotton instead of the dirty fabric of Europe. City planning? What's that, can I eat it?
>>
>>150401077
Tell the most gullible landlord how I come from the future.
>>
>>150407006
>Even 5-10k muskets concentrated in the center would completely decimate the enemy formation
Unlikely, their weapons outrange yours in both absolute and effective terms and are more lethal to boot. Muskets are scary. That's literally it, they'ere inferior in all other ways.
>>
>>150401077
Not really. Maybe trolling people with stupid math puzzles or Fermat's last theorem.
>>
>>150407053
>their weapons outrange yours
Do you mean bows? Because those werent in the center. A mix of pikemen and riflemen in the center would be a complete steamroller vs your average infantryman. At Cannae, for example, the romans would've broken the weak carthaginian center with several volleys and the battle would've played out differently.
>>
>>150406946
>It's iffy because that could describe some western fantasy too. You don't tend to tell tales about the mundane folk anyway so you'll get a cast full of snowflakes
The average western pulp fantasy book with an adventurer guild-ish setup usually has a lot of mercenaries and rogues and vagabonds and ne'er do wells but not so many bearded wizards running around.

The problem with most Japanese fantasy is that magic isn't just restricted to the main cast of snowflakes but is a common skill for ordinary NPC folks to have.
>>
>>150405186
>The Chinese, Greeks, and Persians knew this.
>Romans say hi. Also, Indus valley.
>The Chinese had poison gas bombs by 1000, you're a little late.

Which don't exist in another world. That would be time-travel not isekai

>Rather difficult to actually use.
>The Rotherham plow and seed drill and horse collar are all a big fucking deal.

So is magic
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 600x851px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 600x851px
This is your genius inventor from another world tonight.
>>
File: antibiotic_resistance-a.png (78KB, 888x372px) Image search: [Google]
antibiotic_resistance-a.png
78KB, 888x372px
>>150406549
>invent antibiotics early
>bacteria have 1000 years of stunted tech/medical development to evolve resistance
>human race dies out before reaching even our current baseline
>>
>>150407322
All she invented was curry and school uniforms.
>>
>>150405236
>Well the europeans intentionally gave the indians blankets with smallpox
Thats bullshit and you're a fucking retard for perpetuating it.
No blankets were needed, smallpox does what it wants you fucking faggot
>>
>>150402814
My best bet is the dangerous book for boys and a book about machines, written for children
>>
Are there isekai stories where an analog to China exists, so that the whole world isn't just Medieval European and occasionally Middle Eastern?
>>
>>150408688
You want chinese webnovels which do this all the time, find them on novelupdates
>>
I like when a thread starts with a normal topic and after 100 + post starts a scientific discussion
>>
>>150408753
>>150408688
What I'm wondering is why all the isekai Chinese novels are set in fantasy not-China but all the isekai Japanese novels are set in fantasy not-Europe instead of fantasy not-Japan.
>>
>>150408797
Because japanese have a superiority-inferiority complex with americans and best way of showing that is with medieval americans aka medieval europeans
>>
>>150408753
I mean a world where there is a fantasy Europe, but also a China in the same world on the other side of the continent.
>>
>>150408797
Because Chinese love wuxia while Japanese love DQ.
>>
This thread was pretty good until half way when the butt hurt NEET couldn't comprehend that people go to higher levels of education to learn how to do things.
>>
>>150407410
Yeah, it's a scary shit. And if this happens not at the stage when you prepared to remove them mechanically with nano-killers (mechanical or biological), everyone pretty much fucked.
>>
>>150407740
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_biological_warfare#17th_and_18th_century
>>
>people talking about healthcare advancements
Unfortunately for you, healing magic is often a thing that exists.
>>
>>150401334
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3238329/1/A-Hero-s-War
>>
>>150409750
>Author's note: So I tried to write about toilet paper, but accidentally ended up delving into magic theory, sorry.

Every "Cato's notes" chapter ever. Not that I mind.
>>
>>150400804

More like how did anyone ever came up with electricity and even goddamn signals
>>
>>150409665
>what is magic-resistant germs/disease
Actually happened in one (pretty shitty itself and translated) novel I read.
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/seijo-no-kaifuku-mahou-ga-dou-mitemo-ore-no-rekkaban-na-ken-ni-tsuite/
>>
>>150408828
But like 90% of isekai denizens have German names.
>>
>>150401250
How does kid stuff like that spread all over the world?
I'm really curious.
>>
>>150400528
You can do something better. Salt water in combination with electricity makes chlorine although you would need a generator and make some magnets
>>
>>150400384
>Drifters, which is in the top 3 anime this season
The actual specifics required to be successful were not even touched upon in Drifters. Showing dung and people collecting it is by no means enough for saltpeter. That's just going thru the motions without providing the actual details. The students trying to make a toaster would also need to advance metallurgy and electric power production.

>>150400516
>I thought the point of being shut in is that you're unstable.
I've seen enough NEETs in real life. They show up at local events like the annual Japan Cultural Festival (we have a large japanese expatriot community) or any other "anime related" type event. NEETs typically have a problem of persistence. They lack motivation to do anything that requires continual effort unless it has nonlinear reward like a one million dollars per hour job. And then they will do a poor job.

>>150405003
>I have permission to push my cart around and offer food to people wherever I please
In a real NON-fantasy society, those people would get beat up. Even in real life here, people who have social welfare debit cards from the government often get robbed of them by the black gangs. And they can't easily report them lost unless they move out of the area because the gang will then beat them up.

In a medieval society though, without strength you become someone else's bitch. That food cart you have will become someone else's property or else you will be hurt. You'll give them all your profits except maybe one or two coppers per month. They will make sure you have not enough profits to be able to leave the area.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
If Rudeus had just "invented" the mousetrap, then Roxy wouldn't have died and created the Oldeus timeline.
>>
>trying to make a toaster
What use would people in a fantasy setting have for a toaster when they can just toast their bread over a fire?
>>
>>150412758

In case you weren't aware, toasters are actually operated by electricity and made of processed plastic and metal. If you are capable of successfully assembling a working toaster, then you're also capable of recreating a lot of our current modern tools.
>>
File: Villain01a.jpg (29KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Villain01a.jpg
29KB, 704x396px
>>150405149
>why would they beat me up for selling something with no real competition?
Not those other guys who noticed your naive liberal attitude, but holy fuck. You are competing. If you get money, you are taking business away from others who sell food. Everyone needs to eat, so if those people eat at your place, they will not eat at the other established approved vendors. YOU are not an approved vendor and aren't paying fees to the local gangs or nobles ruling the area.

So, you fall back and then say you are in a fantasy modern america with rule of law. Okay, in today's society, that would make you a homeless vendor. No one buys from homeless vendors because they cannot trust the ingredients. They don't know if you have diseases. Or they may think you spiked the item with your own personal disease as revenge for whatever angst you have. Also, the gangs will take away all your profits and property. That's why so many homeless keep getting new backpacks or all of a sudden no longer have large backpacks. Their stuff was taken from them. I've been in walmart and ocasionally see a homeless type being escorted by some black gang youth who is directing him to get this or that into the shopping cart. They are basically forcing the homeless person to empty out that monthly social welfare allowance. They leave some for the guy to eat with but most of his social welfare is cashed out by the gangs that manage the homeless like a flock of debit card sheep. Social welfare thus doesn't really help the homeless; it goes to support gangs ruling hte streets of america. YOU are too naive with your vendor cart and spoiled by all the gary stu web novels and light novel logic that ignores problems. WN and LN often pontificate abilities and successes onto the MC and his friends too thus short circuting any actual work, time, study, opportunity, resources, and luck needed.
>>
>>150407740
>Thats bullshit and you're a fucking retard for perpetuating it.
Not that guy. But you are the liberal naive liar. You refuse to read history books and journal articles that don't conform to your liberal views.

Even the usa military handed out wool blankets to the indians that had been used with sickly people. That was a great part of the misery of the american indians. Most of the american indians died out not by killing but by diseases. And the usa gov't certainly knew and perpetuated it with declarations of manifest destiny to make it officially known that citizens would not be prosecuted for what would normally be considered crimes of property theft or murder.
>>
>>150400516
A character in death March actually did this and wrote all the info down in a journal in preparation for being isekai'd.

He fucked up at some point though after being transported but I can't remember why.
>>
>>150408956
>Because Chinese love wuxia while Japanese love DQ.
Even in their WUXIA like Zhan Long, the chinese kill the shitty americans. The translator is careful to not call them americans. But they are just foreign devils from north america. Therefore, they cannot be called usa although they use inferior AEGIS naval ships that the chinese ORACLE system is vastly superior to. Of course they are not called americans in the Zhan Long story.
>>
>Anons:"Gunpowder is just saltpeter, charcoal, and sulfer!"
>Proceed to try to manufacture it in a fantasy world or the past.
>End up blowing themselves up through carelessness.
>>
File: 1469579743751.jpg (122KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1469579743751.jpg
122KB, 1000x1000px
>>150402814
thats fucking neato. Im studying Geology, so my notes, books, my mineral collection and gemstones; also trading cards, my computer, television, manga, whiskies and other alcoholic beverages, a fuckton of books. Imma sell a few low quality star rubies and roll in cash
>>
>>150401077
teach niggas that boiled water is safe to drink
>>
>>150402390
>Have any idea of how fucking easy a musket or a canon would be to make?

Anyone who says something like this is a legit retard who has no idea how difficult, time-consuming, and expensive pre-modern mining and metallurgy was. In the majority of places around the world, the human capital (people who were trained in prospecting and how to construct safe and effective mines, literate people who knew mathematics and could handle correspondence and accounting that weren't monks, as well as enough of a food surplus that you had an adequate pool of unskilled labor that could work as miners, etc) as well as the financial resources necessary to start and maintain such an operation simply did not exist.

Furthermore, a matchlock (you aren't going to be making flintlocks unless you know how to efficiently find and mass produce priming compounds like mercury fulminate) musket as could potentially have been made with ancient or medieval technology would be perceived as an effectively useless weapon when it comes to real-world applications.

They're unreliable even in the best of circumstances, require that your soldiers stay in close proximity to a source of fire, are prone to accidents because they require that your soldiers handle their gunpowder in close proximity to a source of fire, cannot be used in the rain, have a very long reload time, have a shorter effective range than bows due to their terrible accuracy, can't be concealed, and require a tremendous amount of effort and money (by classical era standards) to produce.

Just as happened with the primitive ancient steam engine, the ancients would ask, in response to someone showing off a hackjob matchlock musket, "What can this do that current technologies do not, and are the costs of adopting this worth the advantages it brings?"
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-01-16-30-38.png (561KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-01-16-30-38.png
561KB, 1080x1920px
>>150413271

Blackpowder substitutes are actually one of the very few explosives that are easy to make. The only tools you need are a stick, a heat source and some cloth.

If youd like to know more, google "TM-31 210"

>>150413797

Youre full of shit. I've made cannons before, they are easy. You only need a fuse and a propellant, which doesnt have to be black powder. I made mine with nitrocellulose which is weak but safe and easy to make. The basic cannon is literally just a hunk of bronze with a hole bored into it, easily craftable as long as its later than 3000BCE.

Stop pulling unsubstantiated opinions out of your ass because they 'sound about right'
>>
>>150405074
you do realise that you are vaccinated against smallpox, nigger
>>
>>150413797
Do you have any idea how much iron and stuff was consumed by army and everyday life in even small countries, not to mention empires? You're assuming some caveman-tier time or "you should do everything by yourself" which is retarded. Also, knowledge about _how_ to use things and what they could lead to with improvements are valuable too because they are not apparent at all.
>>
>>150405164
well HIV came from Africa but still, modern vaccinations would give you a considerable edge over a lot of diseases that have remained pretty much unchanged. Not all viruses change at a rapid pace.
>>
>>150400350

In Log Horizon they build a fucking aircraft carrier
>>
Out of anything that I could do, all I've actually done is glassblowing. And basic sterilization, but it'd only be good for me. So how screwed am I?
>>
>>150402907

Suzuki Cars logo.
Everybody in early 00s loved Suzuki, their cars, motorcycles, scooters are better that other companies
>>
>>150400516
Back before my parents forced me back into the real world I bought myself a miniature home gym so I wouldn't have to deal with Planet Fitness fees and people.

I used my unemployment money to build it over time and I would work out, play vidya, watch anime, and fuck around on the internet all day. I lost an assload of weight, and then got a job.

Regrettably I'm now a fat fuck again because between working full time I'd rather shitpost and play my vidya or watch my anime than workout with the freetime that I have.

Take advantage of your NEETdom while you can folks.
>>
>>150413931
>I've made cannons before, they are easy.

Are you going to make a claim like this without posting a picture with timestamp?

>The basic cannon is literally just a hunk of bronze with a hole bored into it, easily craftable as long as its later than 3000BCE.

You realize that bronze was a prohibitively expensive metal in the ancient world, right? The copper wasn't that hard to get, but it was useless without tin, which was a pain in the ass to obtain. The amount you would need to make a cannon would be a fortune by ancient standards, and the initial finished product would very likely have large inclusions and imperfections caused by the use of a primitive casting process.

Also

>easily craftable as long as its later than 3000BCE
>muh Shang bronzes

Bellmaking as a craft only became somewhat commonplace in Europe around the end of the Western Roman Empire. Good luck finding anyone else who has an elementary knowledge of casting large bronze objects for any purpose other than display before that.
>>
>>150401077
Basic water filtration, basic lever/pulley systems, potentially a shitty bicycle even if out of wood, aviation theory, can also bring lots of modern carpentry practices and culinary knowledge back in time, all of which I could build/demonstrate to other people solo.
>>
>>150400350
Konosuba. The guy who built the Destroyer was from Japan.
>>
>>150413931
Im not saying black powder is hard to make (If you passed highschool chemistry you potentially made a tiny amount in lab as an experiment). I'm saying that if you are an amateur trying to produce it in useful amounts it is really easy to fuck up and ignite it through carelessness.
>>
>>150401077
I'm in the navy, so I could build modern ships, also I have a deep knowledge of military strategies even the old ones.
>>
From the CDC
>Routine vaccination of the American public against smallpox stopped in 1972 after the disease was eradicated in the United States. Until recently, the U.S. government provided the smallpox vaccine only to a few hundred scientists and medical professionals who work with smallpox and similar viruses in a research setting. After the events of September and October, 2001, however, the U.S. government took further actions to improve its level of preparedness against terrorism. For smallpox, this included updating a response plan and increasing the amount of smallpox vaccine in the stockpile. We now have enough vaccine in the stockpile to vaccinate every person in the United States in the event of a smallpox emergency. (updated Dec 29, 2004)

>Should I get vaccinated against smallpox?
>The smallpox vaccine is not available to the public at this time. (added Nov 13, 2002)

So no, no one is currently vaccinated against smallpox, and the only existent strains are either in US/Russian bioweapon stockpiles or in the hands of medical researchers and disease response teams.
>>
>>150415101
meant for >>150414114
>>
>>150401077
MOTHERFUCKING CROP ROTATION
>>
>>150414689
really only need enough to impress some noble or soldier, a couple of grams maybe as a proof of concept. After that you just hire peasants or apprentices to do all the dangerous work for you.
>>
>>150415202
You realize that crop rotation has existed for like 8000 years right? Even medieval peasants practiced three-field rotation, and I think the Celts had 4 field rotation all the way back in the 2nd century BC.
>>
>>150400384
I'll just flip a coin to see if you're retarded or just bait.
>>
>>150400279
The point of that scene was to show him be cocky and have unrealistic and positive expectations and then have all thag fliped on his head because he has no clue how to do shit. Do you even watch anime?
>>
File: 94ca20d9db171e8b935ac7ac8ccd18a0.jpg (213KB, 850x1176px) Image search: [Google]
94ca20d9db171e8b935ac7ac8ccd18a0.jpg
213KB, 850x1176px
>>150401077
I'd learn navigation and discover the Americas.
Natives will think I'm some kind of god and establish my own country there, without anyone treating me like satan for having such knowledge.
I'd pass on as much knowledge as I can too.
It's get sweet amazon brown pussy too.
>>
>>150415871
He just used it as a cap to start the topic.
>>
>>150412987
>other established approved food vendors
Like fucking what? Restaurants didn't exist back then, the only place to get a meal was an inn.
>taking business away from others who sell food
Literally people selling crops/ingredients or people managing taverns/inn. Why would a small scale fast food entrepreneur infringe on any of that shit. People would have to copy me before being offended that I'm outselling them
>>
>>150416195
Think about it from their perspective. Some stranger comes into town, and starts selling weird food off of a cart, that's suspicious right off the bat. Further more if your food is actually successful, then suddenly they see a stranger making money in their town, and potentially cutting into their profits by making people not come into their Tavern/Inn/Bakery/Butchery/whatever, they aren't looking at it logically, they're just think "Hey that guys making money, that's money I could be making instead" and not being part of any guild or organization you have no one to protect you. So one night you find that your cart has been broken up and your goods stolen, if they don't just have you arrested under some weird municipal trade law. Worst of all some one is likely to steal your recipe and then use local connections to rapidly drive you out of business.

You have to understand that being a merchant was not fucking easy in the medieval period, competition was fierce and often deadly, and merchants in general were looked down upon as scum of earth who didn't have the honor or dignity to work a proper profession, so they were also fiercely protective of their associates. Society back then was also deeply conservative and insular, innovation was seen as negative, outsiders to a town were viewed with intense suspicion. It was very difficult to just start anew with no land and no money anywhere in the medieval age.
>>
File: old breads.png (1MB, 1640x632px) Image search: [Google]
old breads.png
1MB, 1640x632px
>>150412758
>>150412947
The real problem is, a modern toaster would be useless on old bread.

It wasn't until the late 1800s that our current understanding of bread as this highly processed, neat little loaf came to be.
Old breads were hardy as fuck, huge, knobbly, and could feed a family for days.
THIS stale, hearty chunk of starch is (almost) what bread looked like in the age before steel rollers.

Sliced bread that would be compatible with toasters wasn't invented until 1912, and wasn't even popular until 1928.
The very idea of a toaster would confuse people born more than 100 years ago, and wouldn't revolutionize shit.
>>
>>150416628
It's funny that the expression "Greatest invention since sliced bread" has become so rote, that people have forgotten that sliced bread was a seriously huge invention.
>>
Discovering a way to generate electricity would be enough, you can make sources of light and heat simply by finding the correct resistor.
>>
>>150416589
>if your food is actually successful
You see all the cons of this scenario and none of the pros. Popularity means I'm well liked. I could get connections I didn't have before from patrons. I could be offered deals, since I'm the only one with the recipes and even if they steal my cooked food they can't replicate it.

I'm not a one trick pony with one secret krabby patty recipe, nor one who can't adapt to his surroundings. Even if someone envious fuck trashes my cart and even steals a recipe, unless he actually hates me enough to shank me to death, I'm just going to come back with different recipes or hell, change towns until it works.
>>
File: Faith-vs-Science.jpg (26KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
Faith-vs-Science.jpg
26KB, 500x399px
>>150405819
>Renaissance shitters could improve it later on and we'll have an interstellar empire by the XXIc.
That means you are avoiding the religious purging of science.
>>
>>150415906
>It's get sweet amazon brown pussy too.
Syphilis came from the americas.

But you'll probably invent Penicillin in a snap of your fingers. Except that there are some science tricks to it or else you won't get hardly any out of the batch (just toxins).
>>
>>150416817
>Le Christian dark ages meme
>>
>>150416817
>religious purging of science
When will this meme end?
>>
>>150400474
Basically if you want to pioneer something, don't try to convince smart people/the elite that everything they know is wrong. They'll lash out even if you can prove your case.

Find something you can sell to dumb people, and work your way up.
>>
File: (you).jpg (104KB, 302x403px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
104KB, 302x403px
>>150416817
>SCIENTIFIC ADVANCEMENT
in what world is that a metric you meme-loving fedora-tipping atheism-indoctrinated fuck
>>
>>150416817
I still don't understand this chart.
How is scientific advancement scaled?
How did people actually lose scientific advancement in the dark ages and reinvent it later on?
Did people just forget architecture, maths and whatnot?
>>
>>150409929
seriously. computer chips. How in the fuck..
>>
>>150416817
>implying scientific advancement wasn't exactly zero for millions of years until our Lord and Savior created Adam and Eve
>>
>>150415230
>really only need enough to impress some noble or soldier, a couple of grams maybe as a proof of concept.
YOu are now captured.
And making stuff for them.
You cannot leave.
This was a common model. Not just in central europe but even in italy in venice for such non military things as creation of merchandise. If you left Venice with knowledge of trade, your hands would be cut off first.
>>
>>150416817
>this chart was made in this very website years ago
How times change.
>>
>>150409929
Benjamin Franklin was flying his kite one day right?
>>
>>150414799
>I have a deep knowledge of military strategies even the old ones.
You will be forced to write it down in books for the nobles.
The tactics better work.
Or you will pay for it.
People who can create rebellion with their knowledge are not allowed. That is how it was.
>>
>>150404873
>>Tell everybody you are a god of plague and disease

A single spear to the face will solve that problem.
>>
>>150400350
NGNL. King Self-Insert II introduces crop rotation and the concept of treasury bonds.
>>
>>150417010
>Did people just forget architecture, maths and whatnot?
Yes.
That's what happens when 90% of your society was illiterate.
>>
>>150405819
Simply inventing coking is enough, dude.
>>
>>150417010
>How did people actually lose scientific advancement in the dark ages and reinvent it later on?
Fall of the Roman empire mostly, blaming Christianity is a meme but the dark ages is actually a term that was made because there was a several decrease in literary output on the early Middle Ages.
>>
>>150417010
It's a meme chart, but it's base on the long standing misconception that a bunch science, engineering, and philosophy were lost when the Romans fell. Really the only thing people forgot was how to make Roman style concrete. Most of the science and philosophy were preserved by Christian scholars, people tend to forget that Rome was the center of Christian religion and thus Roman law and philosophy were highly important to Christian scholars, and the reason we don't see engineering on the same scale as the Romans is due to the change in the economic structure of Europe following Rome's decline, combined with a lack of political and social will to see such projects institutes. People still knew how to make aqueducts and paved roads, they just didn't bother doing so.
>>
I love have this one or few austists write many posts and wall of text to say "no you won't, can't and couldn't do this". I can't even imagine what triggers them so much.
>>
>>150403637
Actually no. You'll carry antibodies but you won't be carrying any serious disease. Much more likely is that a disease in their world kills you.
I mean, how many people do you know with smallpox?
Unless you go there sick from a flu, you'll be the one getting thunderfucked by disease.
It's not spanish going to mexico, it's a mexican teleporting into the middle of europe.
>>
>>150417034
Well yeah, that's bound to happen no matter what type of revolutionary invention you create. You just got to hope that your benefactor is will to at least provide you with comfortable accommodations as you toil away for him. I'm not saying I'd start a gunpowder business or anything, I'd be far more concerned with just ensuring my survival, and giving some lord, hopefully a reasonable, decent one, a military advantage is a good way to do that.
>>
>>150417320
Knowing the other person is wrong when they think they're right desu. Luckily this stuff isn't my expertise so I've just been lurking and watching the back and forth.
>>
>>150416814
Why would they try to reverse engineer your food when they could just beat the recipe out of you?
>>
Why do so many isekai MCs assume their modern knowledge will be even useful in a magical world?

Maybe they never invented the automobile because they have fucking teleportation gates, ever think of that?
>>
>>150403407
>>150403458
>>150403507
>Just forget to boil your water once and you get a legworm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNWWrDBRBqk
>>
File: 1480194240938.png (61KB, 342x215px) Image search: [Google]
1480194240938.png
61KB, 342x215px
>>150417457
Why would they have to beat me up when I'd just willingly give them the recipe, hell, as many recipes as they want?
>>
>>150417531
But isekai still have horse carts, teleportation gates probably have their own problems and risk so conventional methods of transport would still be preferable for short distances.
>>
>>150417531
It's a symptom of modern man that he thinks he's so superior to men of yesteryear. Our modern age has seemingly filled every one with an arrogance about our level of technological development.

Don't get me wrong, right now is probably the best time to be alive ever, but that tends to lead people to just assume that anywhere that doesn't have all the modern comforts must mean all the people there must be miserable or stupid.
>>
>>150417602
For all you know, those could be level 80 super horses. If your average adventurer is already superhuman it would be logical to assume that their steeds are too.

If your horse cart can already travel at 100 mph there's not much point in inventing the combustion engine.
>>
File: 1457050456961.png (198KB, 372x343px) Image search: [Google]
1457050456961.png
198KB, 372x343px
>>150417013
>>150417055

Apparently, the concept of electricity started at rubbing things with one another (static electricity). How lewd!
>>
>>150404827
spain
>>
>>150417678
>electricity was invented because a man was trying to develop the first artificial vagina
>>
>>150417531
The "I'm going to invent modern shit" phase usually happens when they're new to the world and don't know what things separate them their world's medieval era.

>>150417602
Depends on the setting. In Re:Zero's case they have earth dragons with an inborn magic attribute that lets them run without wind resistance/ drag and are probably cheaper to breed than making cars.
>>
>>150417675
Not everyone in isekai settings are adventurers, the general rule is that adventurers are superhuman but citizens are just regular people and so are the animals they use, otherwise a farmer would have a hard time controlling their lv 100 chickens.
>>
>>150417675
>If your horse cart can already travel at 100 mph there's not much point in inventing the combustion engine.
Also you often, in fantasy based isekai anyway, see some sort of fantasy creature pulling carts instead, and they could have who knows how many advantages over horses or cars.
>>
>>150417728
In Subaru's case he already knew magic existed by the time he spouted this dumb little line bough.
>>
File: portrait.jpg (139KB, 447x600px) Image search: [Google]
portrait.jpg
139KB, 447x600px
>>150417236
The "dark ages" were so-named because this faggot got upset that Latin was on the decline (as it should have been, it was a dead language).
The use of Latin is obviously not a worthwhile metric to gauge scientific advancement.

Science marched on, even in the early middle ages. But people had a massive boner for Rome, and denied any advancements not made by them.

Then it happened again 300 years later when protestants wanted an easier reason to deny the advancements made under control of the catholic church. By then it had become a meme, and only the powers of 19th century archaeology and scientific reason could allow people to see the truth.'
>>
>>150417744
In most isekai settings the bar to becoming an adventurer is ultra fucking low though, a peasant's son can just waltz into the adventurer's guild and get his magical touchscreen adventurer ID and get right to work fulfilling F rank requests like finding lost pets for little girls and delivering a letter.
>>
>>150417778
But he also thought the ice was disappointing because it was too "realistic" and only saw some combat magic so he would have no idea that mana crystals allowed similar conveniences to exist and stuff like that. He also didn't know until the second arc that everyone could potentially learn magic due to their gate. He might've assumed D&D principle with magic.
>>
>>150417779
Yeah, the best way to look at the "Dark Ages", isn't as a period of lost knowledge, but more of a slowing of the advancement of knowledge in certain areas, while advancement in other areas puttered along normally. The main roadblocks to innovation were a cultural prohibition against innovation rather than Catholics going and burning science books or stoning scientists.
>>
>>150417918
Of course the bar has to be that low or otherwise HikkiNEETs can't ever become super special snowflake masters of the universe.
>>
>>150401789
Boku no Conneticut Yankee.jpg
>>
>>150417918
>>150418040
Adventurers are literally cannon fodder though, any schmuck can become one because most of the time, its fucking dangerous fighting monsters. Its literally throwing stuff at the wall, and seeing what few adventurers survive and stick.
>>
why do some people think they have the manual skill necessary to manipulate materials precisely with hand tools let alone the genius to conceive directly applicable technology or the business skills to convince anyone to even consider looking at their ideas? as a person with no past, no working knowledge of the language, no connections, few if any possessions, no experience in the culture, and no family, how would you even survive, let alone accumulate enough wealth and security to focus on invention?

like does anyone here have both the intellect to design a lathe and the experience as a craftsman to precisely create the tools and parts to build the lathe? and the ability to find the materials in the first place? who's gonna do business with you and why? could you convince someone to be your employee? do you have the money to pay them? do you have the space for a workshop? how do you get property? why should any wealthy people help you, a literal nobody?
>>
Reinventing modern technology to wow the dung-covered illiterate peasants of yesteryear isn't even the worst cliche in isekai.

What's even worse is when the MC becomes an incredibly proficient magical inventor right off the bat instead and gets applauded by his harem for thinking up "novel" applications of magic that are really incredibly fucking simple and less of an indicator that the MC is smart and more that the other world is populated entirely by fucking morons. Somehow MC beats them at their own game of magic without even breaking a sweat? Please. Bonus points for the reason MC being so much more inventive than everyone else being because medieval society is oh so backwards and superstitious and everyone has their heads too far up their own asses fearing cultural taboos to do anything useful.

Extra extra bonus points if the MC invents a magic gun.
>>
>>150418301
Though to be fair someone told the truth earlier when they said modern inventions aren't cliche in isekai. They rarely ever get a chance to fulfill those plans and that's usually to keep the flavor of a fantasy world. Magical genius faggotry is true and the worst though.
>>
>>150418283
I'm 6'3'' and wear jeans. Someone in the past would be willing to give me the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>150400279
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ODzO7Lz_pw
>>
>>150418515
If some lanky, 8 foot motherfucker wearing what he claims are spacepants came into your house and demanded funding for his "inventions," would you give it to him?
>>
>>150418301
The magical gun part on its own doesn't sound that bad depending on the setting and how accessible magic is. I could buy someone using convenient magic reagants to make up for the gaps in their knowledge over your average teen knowing how to make black powder (even if it's supposedly easy don't pretend most people know the recipe by heart).
>>
File: 1479554456470.webm (2MB, 720x900px) Image search: [Google]
1479554456470.webm
2MB, 720x900px
>>150418609
If I'd never seen anyone like that, he had some ideas which seemed plausible, I were rich enough to take the risk, and it were presented in an appropriate way, I would totally fund it.

>Someone who looks like a spaceguy wearing materials which don't exist woven in a way which is impossible for the people of my time tells me he wants to build me VR waifu machine and will let me have some of the patents but I turned him away because he was too tall
>>
>>150418578
DELETE
THIS
>>
>>150418609
If the material actual seemed futuristic and I had money? Probably, depending on how much he asked for.
>>
>>150418609
If the material he used for his clothes are something that can't be created using current technology, sure.
>>
>>150418710
>>150418741
>>150418766
>i like the cut of your pants
you're liars all of you
>>
>>150418811
t. american
>some 8 foot man in future pants walks into my house and I take my gun and shoot the crazy fuck
good fucking job
>>
>>150418811
Future-materials are one of the best ways to prove you're actually from the future. Most people regularly wear things like elastic or zippers, or just very finely woven clothing in general which just don't exist in most time periods. If I were presented with something similarly futuristic, I would either believe the person, or I would assume they were smart enough to have invented something cool anyway and turn them into my patent slave.
>>
>>150418653
The thing is writers usually fall into the trap of making magic far, far too convenient and powerful in order to justify the ease of making a magical gun in the first place. But then you get a dilemma where the gun becomes pointless because you can accomplish the same task of shooting fast projectiles through people's heads with just magic alone more efficiently.

And then the writer starts writing all sorts of contrived arbitrary limitations so that magic is super easy and convenient for the MC to use, so he can make his damn gun, but not very combat effective, because the author is just REALLY in love with his chuunibyou dream of a gun-toting protagonist.
>>
>>150418811
I'm pissed at myself for deleting Prophet off my hard drive, but if an 8 foot tall guy walked into my house with one of those ameoboid-cape-membrane things and I didn't trust his ability to make future shit, I would have to be retarded.
>>
>>150418811
>>150418912
>>150418949
Hell, even the fucking pockets/rivets/zipper would be MIND BLOWING to ancient people.

It'd be like if the spacepants had automatic fit adjustment, unlimited bag-of-holding pocket space, and cloaking technology to hide your dong
>>
>>150419141
>wanting to hide your dong
I'd rather have 3D-movie / side-mirror technology to always make it look much closer to you than it actually is
>>
>>150404889
[citation needed]
>>
>MC does something that was already common knowledge in medieval Europe
>because the author is such a hack he didn't realize it was already common knowledge even back then and has all the characters suck MC's dick for gracing them with such amazing knowledge
Did you know flipping a steak cooks it more evenly.
>>
>>150400474
The hand sanitation thing involved ACID washing.
The doctors refused to do so not because of safety but because they really didn't enjoy it very much. If antibacterial handsoap had existed back then he'd have had a much easier time and washing hands did almost immediately get accepted when washing with soap was presented as an option.

TLDR doctors felt being comfortable was more important than the life of patients.
>>
>>150419391
Is this for real?
>>
>>150419250
I'd rather have advancing cloaking technology so I can have a massive, throbbing erection out in the open and no one would be none the wiser, even when I subtly it brush against a passerby in a crowded intersection.
>>
>>150404552
The best part of this is that he's almost entirely running off of Machiavelli's The Prince which is actually pure SARCASM telling you what to do if you want your country to fuck you in the ass and execute you for being an incompetent tyrannical dipshit.

Eg Make your populace hate and fear you. In another chapter you have wonderful advice about making sure the populace is well armed.
>>
File: 1447990655675.jpg (24KB, 234x240px) Image search: [Google]
1447990655675.jpg
24KB, 234x240px
Lets say another isekai with boring NEET protagonist ecchi harem is announced is the plot is as it follows
>protagonist gets transported to an RPG-like world
>Lol this is si crazy theres magic,and furries and wepons and shieeet
>Accidentaly discovers the higher kingdom is corrupt as fuck and the king seems to be really fucking old
>After some SUFFERING protagonist starts a rebellion against the king
>In a parade,he is able to stops the kings carriage and has a private conversation with him
>"This world,the one you see is not different than the one you came from!"
>"lol wut"
[Spoiler]>"in reality,my power, [REMEMBER THE TIME] has frozen you from 50000 years and you have woken up in the future.[/spoiler]
>"In reality,a giant meteor hit earth some time after I frooze you,most humans died and the remaining coudnt carry on.History has completed a cycle,and this [WORLD] you're in is just the same as before,but 50000 years in the future
>Shitstorm ensues
How much would /a/ flip the fuck out?
>>
>>150417257
You also forgot plumbing
>>
File: 1-treasure_large.jpg (656KB, 700x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1-treasure_large.jpg
656KB, 700x1026px
>>150419799
Nobody would care because "it's the past but it's actually the future" is cliche as hell, the rest of the plot sounds boring, and a cliche plot twist in a cliche anime sounds cliched.
>>
>>150407161
You won't get the time for several volleys, muskets are fucking slow, early firearms coexisted with bows for such a long time because they were a shitty weapon.
>>
>>150419960
This.
>not doing the future, but it's actually the past
>>
>>150419967
I wish fantasy authors weren't afraid to include firearms when they coexisted with other weapons for a long time and didn't reload conveniently for even longer. They could even apply selective realism and not give them any stopping power. It would make gunfags shut up.
>>
File: its-happening[1].gif (2MB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
its-happening[1].gif
2MB, 360x203px
>>150420039
Now THIS would be truly revolutionary. I would shitpost for days if this were to ever happen. Fund it.
>>
>>150420039
Isn't that most Atlantis plots? Not really common enough as a whole to be cliche but pretty much always present in Atlantis stories.
>>
>>150402172
Thousands. Ancient greeks had steam engines. They were entirely useless steam engines since they didn't actually do anything (other than spin around) but they technically had steam engines. Did your school not show a picture of the crappy thing in your textbook?
>>
>>150420039
>not doing the "its not X time period, you're actually in the present!" twist instead
>>
>>150420342
>not you actually did travel back in time but only by 5 years
>>
>>150420071
Shieldbro has this, gun damage scales with your level since bullets are affected by your stats. larger weapons like cannons, catapults and ballistas benefit greatly from users with high levels.
>>
File: 2982270333_1_7_vbLHUUFH[1].jpg (19KB, 315x416px) Image search: [Google]
2982270333_1_7_vbLHUUFH[1].jpg
19KB, 315x416px
>>150420391
>not you actually did travel back in time but only 20 minutes
>>
>>150420448
>not being stuck in a one minute time loop
>>
>>150418578
>he still didn't manage to make it from scratch.
>>
>>150400279

If i have to make isekai shit for some reasons, i will just send a fucking weaponsmith or a engineer, not a highschooler.

Then i will see him shifting the world. It is more interesting, and there is no fucking room for self-inserting, due to science.
>>
>>150419391
>Did you know flipping a steak cooks it more evenly.
I need it to be real.
>>
>>150402272

This is why authors should fucking send engineers into another world, but not scientist.

Assuming you send a physicist into a magical world, there are 2 main possibilites : He will go insane or he will only concentrate to decode magic based on his physics model. And that is fucking boring.
>>
>>150403196
>chemical production
and when you run the local supplier out of zinc and vinegar?

Nigger if you're not using a wind/water/coal generator you're basically fucked for long term production
>>
>>150420071
The existence of magic typically fucks firearms over. It's hard to get people to bother developing such advanced weaponry when you can just blow them up with magic.
>>
>>150402945

> it is a brilliant idea.

Just image a world with magic as a fuel. You can, assume like explosion spell or shit. Control it with enough dose of math and engineering you have a cannon. Better, you could even have a missiles, with a guiding spell.
>>
>>150420870
That always depends on the setting's magic. If it's like Dungeons and Dragons where you must dedicate your life to studying magic and still need spell components with incantations to cast spells then firearms are a viable alternative. It's pretty much the longbow vs musket thing all over again where early guns are mostly just for untrained plebs.
>>
>>150400474
Makes you wonder what could we still be doing horriby wrong right now.
>>
>>150402772
Well shit, this guy is smart.

I guess making a McDonald is the easiest thing to do.
>>
>>150407418

it was revolutionary man
>>
>>150401077
Nope, and a lot of people seem to forget that a lot of what we know might not help a 1000 years in the past. Because some of it is just to advanced
>>
>>150420870

anon, tell me you know that magic needs time to prepare, at least chanting something.

A gun with supersonic speed is already an advantage.
>>
>>150400350
Log Horizon, sort of, but an entire chunk of society is transplanted including professionals from different fields.

Maoyuu Mao Yuusha isn't technically isekai but it's another fantasy series where there's a transition from a late medieval society to early modern, and it does a good job of illustrating some of the requisite social, political, economic, and infrastructure developments.
>>
>>150421601
Well he's right in some settings and wrong in others because magic might not need incantations and might be widespread. It's also a question of convenience. Like early firearms could be marginally better than magic projectiles but why bother throwing away money on the infrastructure needed to make it widespread when a slightly more organic alternative already exists? And reloading is always an issue. Aiming with a weapon instead of your hand (or not at all, it could auto-aim), pulling the trigger, and then spending half a minute or more to fire another round kind of negates the projectile's speed. Especially that last one. Even a magic user who needs a wand and incantations could spam like 5 shots or much more in the span of time it took you to prepare another shot.
>>
>>150420870
Or make guns misfire by setting off the gunpowder inside them
>>
>>150421601
Unless magic is inconvenient and/or rare like >>150421103

Nobody would bother developing them, it wouldn't be worth the effort. Or if magic only popped up after people started developing guns or something.
>>
>>150420071
The reason that there is a general hesitancy to mix guns and fantasy settings is because of the limited knowledge of the people who write such things.

They erroneously believe that guns/cannons are the chief reason behind the end of knights/castles/medieval institutions despite the fact that every serious army in Europe continued to use heavily armored infantry and cavalry up until end of the 17th century.

In reality, the reasons behind the collapse of feudalism and the old order were primarily economic and social in nature, and the product of the aristocracy and the church no longer having a monopoly on power/money/education etc.
>>
>>150421919

tell me that you know magic can do shit physics can't.

Like you can make a normal gun become an armour-penetrator with self-substance bullets. Developing magic worths the price, a lot.
>>
>>150421873

> i am talking bout automatic shit.

If i have to go against mage, i will always choose gun. Not hexblade, not chanted self-guided arrow, but gun. ( unless these guy needs magic to be killed.)
>>
>>150422037
Is it really still a gun if it's a magic gun? I mean, a lightsaber can't really be considered a sword.
>>
>>150422110

Well, just consider it as a magical weapon, with long range. Still, it is a projectile launcher with firepowder, somehow it is still fitted in defintion as a gun.

At this point, your definition makes me confuse : is railgun a gun ?
>>
>>150422162

> gunpowder.
>>
>>150422103
>i am talking bout automatic shit.

Are you quoting me or yourself? If you're saying what I think you're say, well no shit. A modern gun that can go full auto is going to be better but good luck making one. This is like inventing a car but skipping the model T and going straight to a Hennessey Venom GT. Inventing the early baby version is the easy and viable part but then you have to reinvent all of the convenient innovations that made firearms worth it as a primary weapon.
>>
>>150404275
>Remember Aristotle, and man who live 2500 years ago, was considered the basis of all scholarly thinking until like 200 years ago, and people who contradicted him usually faced persecution of some sort.
Actually, Aristotle had plenty of holes poked in him by scholars during the medieval period. Most of their work just got buried under the deluge Greekaboo wanking that was the Renaissance and had to be discovered all over again.
>>
>>150422401

I do remember there is a youtuber who made an AK47 just from a shovel, and he is just a blacksmith with some knowledge about the gun. No bullet tho.

There are some gun which is easier to make in poor condition than the rest.
>>
>>150422517
fully functional or a model?
>>
>>150419840
That was more a problem of logistics and culture than understanding.

People knew how plunbing worked, but they didn't have the same obsession with cleanliness the Romans did, nor the means to lay out the infrastructure.
>>
>>150422678

functional one.

Although it is an alcolhol one.
>>
>>150422517
That is pretty interesting I'll have to check that out but unless you also know how to make compatible ammo that doesn't suck, and a lot of it, you're SoL. A homemade AK like that is also likely to jam like a piece of shit all the time.

>>150422678
Also this. Modern weapons have a lot more moving parts and sometimes you can't use blackpowder for your cartridges unless you want it to explode in your face. If you're having to compromise with the basic features of an AK you still have something much crappier, dangerous (to you), and reliable than the real deal.
Thread posts: 537
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.