[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>what will be revived next? but seriously whats up with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: aUrI8iI[1].jpg (24KB, 1174x880px) Image search: [Google]
aUrI8iI[1].jpg
24KB, 1174x880px
>what will be revived next?
but seriously whats up with this nostalgia boom?
>>
Possibly, because of GiTS getting that big Hollywood money.
>>
File: luka_stop it.jpg (90KB, 456x386px) Image search: [Google]
luka_stop it.jpg
90KB, 456x386px
If they try and reboot this I will flip the fuck out

You've taken everything from me, dont take my good bad memories as well.
>>
Entertainment industries are running out of new things to do, so they're redoing stuff that's been done.
>>
>>150394875
Member berries
>>
>>150394875
>>150395129
>>150395183
>>150395252
There is no nostalgia boom you are just new. Go back to >>>/tv/
>>
>>150394875
Hopefuly Utena,senpai. It's in desperate need of a remake. Just hope they don't fuck it up like sailor moon.
>>
>>150395335
>dragonball super
>ygo movie
>CG r3
>kenshin sequel
>LOTGH remake
> death note live action 4
>something gunbuster related
and more I can't think of right now, seems like a boom to me
>>
>>150395129
A Hollywood movie adaptation of Cowboy Bebop might not even be too bad. It's a much better idea than making a sequel anime series at least.
>>
>>150394875
A world wide realization that the future looks like shit. We're collectively turning 360° and walking away.
>>
>>150394875
This will almost certainly have something made of it in the future. I give it another 10 years at most
>>
File: harukasan3.webm (101KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
harukasan3.webm
101KB, 640x360px
>>150394875
puchimas! pls
>>
>>150395507
Now compare it to the number of remakes 7 years ago then compare it to the number 10, 20, and 30 years before that.
>>
>orchestra/digital shit instead of jazz fusion
>gritty and dirty b/g's gone
>all of that fan service valentine would probably get
>just the animation in general, cowboy bebop's choreography is fantastic
>the current feminisation of males in japanese media wouldn't mix well with bebop's rough male characters

when the industry fluctuates to a more stable medium like the late 90's then yes
>>
>>150394875
Bleach
Yu Yu hakusho
Death Note
Dr Slump
>>
>>150394875
Japan taking cues from the kikes in hollywood
>>
>>150395272
I member.
>>
>>150395507
>Death Note 4
Live action TV or another movie? Because they pretty much nailed last year's series, for sure better than the movies.
It even managed to avoid Engrish which blew me away.
>>
>>150395272
member moot?
>>
>>150397618
movie https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note:_Light_Up_the_New_World
>>
>>150397684
Oh, how could I forget?!
>>
>>150396439
>Dr Slump
Would they do it without Kenji Utsumi?
>>
>>150395608
This is Hollywood we're talking about here.

They would take anything and everything thought-provoking out and replace it with special effects in an attempt to make the film accessible to a "wider audience".

Real talk, has there ever been a worthwhile Hollywood adaptation of anything other than books?
>>
File: 1301014028952.png (142KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1301014028952.png
142KB, 400x400px
Should I watch LOGH now or wait for the remake?
>>
>>150398894
The Departed was pretty good, mostly because it's a traditional adaptation the way the original Magnificent Seven was rather than trying to just do the original but with Hollywood people.

There will never be an adaptation as good as the original Magnificent Seven though. The fact that they managed to even translate the peasant/samurai/noble/bandit discrepancy by using the USA/Mexican national border was brilliant.
>>
>>150399100
now, nobody knows what the remake'll be like or even if it's a full series or something else
>>
>>150395129
Look if GITS makes money Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion's hollywood adaptations will come out of development hell so fast you'll be able to hear the sonic boom in Santa Barbara.

You better strap yourselves in /a/.
>>
>>150399100
The ova skips a sizeable amount of content and its 110 episodes long.
If you think there's a snowball's chance in hell the new adaptation will cover the entirety of the novels you're out of your mind. It was a bizarre unicorn 20 years ago let alone now.
>>
>>150395183
Hollywood already did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvaftiAu7mw

>Ein is killed in the first 30 minutes
>Jet is an old man in a nightclub
>Faye is the villainess
>Vicious is Russian
>Spike is Neo
>>
>>150399409
Try not to hurt yourself with all that stretching.
>>
>>150399526
When you watch it you can clearly see how someone adapted it from a Hollywood version of a Cowboy Bebop script.
>>
If they ever did anything else with Bebop, I'd prefer OVAs that go into more detail on the backstory. Everyone would rage if it got a legit sequel. Plus the series continuing but being "stuck in the past" would fit it perfectly, since that's 90% of Spike's character.

>Spike, Julia, Vicious backstory focusing on how everyone got involved with the Red Dragon Syndicate
>Jet backstory
>More Electra+Vincent from the movie

Just no fucking live action Bebop.

>>150396324
Bebop wouldn't need all that. There's no need to make it fit in with modern anime tropes to sell it to weebs when its the most normie-accepted anime ever. I mean, they just released Funkopop figures of the characters.
>>
can't they just adapt Vagabond, Vinland Saga or one of the other hundred good manga that don't have an anime?
>>
>>150394875
who are you quoting?
>>
>>150400358
i wish you hadn't told me that, this is so fucking ugly
>>
File: 75259l.jpg (86KB, 315x450px) Image search: [Google]
75259l.jpg
86KB, 315x450px
I don't want a reboot. Just a continuation...
>>
>>150402166
That got confirmed like a year ago already.
>>
Creators don't want to take chances with a new project, remaking old properties brings in nostalgia bucks or people will at least be more inclined to see it because they recognize the name of the property.
>>
>>150400358

>Spike, Julia, Vicious backstory focusing on how everyone got involved with the Red Dragon Syndicate
>Jet backstory

Please no, these things are cool because we don't know all the details, seeing Spike and Jet chained down by their hazy tragic pasts fit's with the style of the stories better.

Seeing exactly what happened between Spike/Julia/Vicious would just ruin the magic of it.
>>
>>150403088
this.
I've thought about prequel shit for this show too and came to the conclusion that it'd be the best if it was just a backstory in how Spike met Jet. The fact that Jet never meets Julia or Vicious even reflects how important it is that their back stories aren't spoken about
I love how they're just chill dudes who don't bother each other with their emotional bullshit unless it becomes a huge deal and one of them is getting fucked over (namely Jet, whenever Spike's past comes back to haunt him)
>>
>>150394875
they ran out of good ideas.
>>
>>150395129
>Hollywood money

Plus the hype will die until next year.
>>
>>150400358
>normie
>>
>>150395409
That piece of shit doesn't deserve any more attention period.

Just let it rot and die.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.