[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ufotable just posted a PV for Zestiria X's second cour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: CygwhChUUAAAn9D.jpg large.jpg (75KB, 1392x638px) Image search: [Google]
CygwhChUUAAAn9D.jpg large.jpg
75KB, 1392x638px
Ufotable just posted a PV for Zestiria X's second cour on their website
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reBBW2zZVc8
It's gonna air on January 8th and the second ending is going to be by FLOW too apparently.
>>
File: Squall-Leonhart-19157.jpg (1014KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Squall-Leonhart-19157.jpg
1014KB, 1920x1200px
>>150377016
Why are Tales MCs that aren't afraid to kill so rare? Why does the plot often degenerate into "if you kill him you'll be just like him"?

Why can't it be like FF where the good guys are often absolutely ruthless?
>>
File: Cp_4EviVYAALqaF.jpg orig.jpg (84KB, 650x780px) Image search: [Google]
Cp_4EviVYAALqaF.jpg orig.jpg
84KB, 650x780px
>>150377223
You'll probably like Velvet.
Too bad she's not in this show.
>>
>>150377223
FF good guys rarely have humans as adversaries, though.
>>
>>150377223
Zesty is a rare incident where the MC actually killing people makes the story worse.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-01-02-37-18.png (83KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-01-02-37-18.png
83KB, 800x480px
I wonder what this line meant?
>>
>>150378375
Third game confirmed
>>
>>150377016

So since they removed all the tension at the end of the first season, how are they going to keep people interested? Heldaf being an ultra generic bad guy who smacks the hero's shit, laughs, and walks away to fight when he's stronger is just bullshit. It's the one scene I wanted them to lift directly from the game and they went with stupid "ha ha ha let's fight when you're stronger so you can beat me for real because I am too dumb to live" posing and pointless SoreyxAlisha shipping instead. Yes I'm still mad.
>>
>>150378466
Heldalf is a dull antagonist and no one actually watching Zestiria is drawn in by his presence or actions.
>>
>>150378466
I'm only watching this to see what they change, if they're gonna fix Rose and if they're gonna add more Berseria shout-outs. I honestly don't care about Sorey's Journey.
>>
pretty sure no one cares about this garbage though
>>
>>150378626
I care about the Berseria fanservice, that's all
>>
Can't wait.

The first cour was surprisingly good. Did not expect that from a game adaptation.
>>
>>150378375
It means they are adding some new stuff. And by some new stuff I mean one Berseria that doesn't even last a minute.
>>
>>150377741
Squall cut a bloody swath through zillions of Galbadians and executing people in mid-speech is kind of his shtick in the spin-offs too. The Type-0 cast are canonically known as murderers and assassins too.
>>
>>150379834
>>150377223
Come to think of it, has there ever been a FF MC morally opposed to killing? Terra didn't seem to have any opinions at all past muh kids, but the rest have been pretty blase about it.
>>
>>150381066
Cecil. He even changed class.
>>
>>150378466
Heldalf is honestly one of the blandest antagonists in the series and the best TOZX could do was bring the fact he's Sorey's father into things.
>>
>http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/news/tales-zestiria-x-season-two-airing-january-8-2017-new-commercial-new-opening-ending-details
>all this bonus shit that's split between multiple shop exclusive blu-ray boxes
>two onsen drama-cds split between amazon and animate japan
I'd feel bad for them if the blu-rays didn't sell seeing as how much effort they put into merch but they're really just asking for people to pirate the extra crap.
>>
>>150381657
To be fair, it was mainly because his former employer turned out to be evil.
>>
>>150377016
After Ufotable managed to fuck up Zestiria in their own special way, I have little to no hope for the second cour.

Best they could do is add shit from the manga like Heldalf being Sorey's dad, make Dezel's death and flashbacks less of a clusterfuck, spice up the Camlann flashback and Muse/Mikleo reunion and give Eizen a proper rest.
>>
File: Cuz-k46UMAMNip3.jpg orig.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Cuz-k46UMAMNip3.jpg orig.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
I hope best knight doesn't die in the second season.
>>
I'd rather get Xillia 1/2 adaptation.
>>
>>150378449
I'd buy it if Alisha becomes an actual character.
>>
>>150382740
>like Heldalf being Sorey's dad
that sounds cliched as fuck, they didn't seriously do that, did they?
>>
>>150383340
She'd be dead by the time Sorey and/or Velvet wake up.
>>
>>150383360
They did, in the manga.
>>
>>150383360
It's not as bad as it sounds, and there's actually a skit in game that implied it but nothing beyond it. Even the manga doesn't outright say it but it's pretty telling given his last thoughts were of Sorey's mother.
>>
>>150377297
>Too bad she's not in this show
She was in the first cour
>>
>>150378375
Probably Berseria stuff
>>
>>150382740

The last episode was the highest rated of the season. Stay mad you irrelevant shitter
>>
>>150384006
retard
>>
>>150377297
Berseria anime WHEN?!
>>
>>150384181
Never ever.
If you're lucky she'll appear in a third Zesty Bear game.
>>
>>150377741
>FF good guys rarely have humans as adversaries

Most FF games have the party fight an army/organization filled with soldiers at some point. Not mentioning all the minor or major antagonists that don't turn into superfreaks.

>>150381066
Not really, you get to fight humans units in a context of war or when purchased by an army/organization in ff games. Killing your enemy is pretty normal/justified by the story so there is no moral emphasis on it, even in IX where the mc is a genuine altruist.
>>
When are they releasing soundtrack? I want the insert song that played when Velvet ate her sister.
>>
>>150384006
Ratings don't mean shit if the BDs fucking tank.
Also
>defending garbage this hard
>>
>>150384329
In the BD box
>>
>>150384362
BDs didn't release yet so we don't know if they'll tank yet.
>>
>>150384412
That's why I said 'if'. In a recent nip poll for best anime, ToZ X is currently at fucking #75. Kek.
>>
This anime was alright. My favorite was the flashback episode with the edgy chick. When does the game get back to her?
>>
>>150384982
Never. That was promo shilling for her game, Berseria. At most you'll get some slight nods.
>>
>>150385050
Jesus

Can we just make this whole second cour a shill then? I unironically liked the shilling better
>>
File: CxPIluJVEAACQJ-.jpg-orig.jpg (65KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
CxPIluJVEAACQJ-.jpg-orig.jpg
65KB, 800x900px
Since the first cour was Alisha: the anime, are you ready for the second cour to be Rose: the anime?
I hope you weren't expecting this show to be about Sorey.

Hold on, fuck.
Wouldn't an actual Rose: the anime would actually be fun as fuck? Kinda like Spice and Wolf but with less fur and more sneaky stealthy assassinations combined with political intrigue, witnessing noblemen betraying each other in the shadows, merchant trickery and tradery and some occasional occult mystics when seraphs appear.
>>
>>150385208
I've been waiting for Rose: the anime though

I love me some Rose
>>
>>150385208

They kinda fixed her, but I want to actually follow Sorey and his struggles. Too much to hope for, I know. But still.
>>
>>150384982
>>150385122
I'll warn you: being Velvet is suffering.
>>
>>150385208
They've nerfed Rose's role entirely though. Not even sure if she'll be Sorey's squire and armatize at all anymore. She has no purpose as of the end of first cour. It could be go 50/50.
>>
>>150377223
>mfw we'll never have another Yuri again
Vesperia was the best. Rita best girl.
>>
>>150385208
No because everything the game made up to have Rose do was dumb and she's not likeable.

She should've stayed as Alisha's bottom bitch.
>>
>>150386056
Alisha still got to be a squire and they've kept Rose's resonance so I'm sure she'll end up squired too at some point or another. The shepherd duty will provably be shared among the two when Sorey goes to sleep but armatization is kind of a wildcard at this point.
>>
>>150386108
>Rita best girl.
And proto-Rose.
>>
>>150386401
Whoa there. Those are fighting words.
>>
>>150386432
>>150386108
Rita is cute but she doesn't do much except being tsun tsun and gay for Estelle
Vesperia is too much of a mess story wise to do anything with its cast
That includes Yuri
>>
>>150386213
>She should've stayed as Alisha's bottom bitch.
Funny because it's the opposite in game.
>>150386496
Vesperia still shits on Zestiria's cast in dynamic and individuals so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>150386213
>and she's not likeable.
To be quite honest Rose would probably my favourite character if her motivation and plot involvement weren't a hot mess of bullshit. I find her personality to be actually quite entertaining and the psychopathic assassin subplot could be interesting if they had competent writers.
>>
>>150386587
>Vesperia still shits on Zestiria's cast in dynamic and individuals so it doesn't matter.
Really high bar you're setting there.
>>
File: ss.jpg (70KB, 1035x581px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
70KB, 1035x581px
>>150384982
Game comes out in less than two months.
>>
>>150377223
Sorey isn't afraid of killing, Rose literally steals all his kills. Except the last one and he only got that one because he made her fuck off.
>>
>>150387140
The plot is most Tales games is usually lacking in substance, though. Vesperia was the same, but it had a really great cast of characters (except you Karol. Fuck you and fuck that part of the game where I had to fight to fight a boss using only Karol).

I do agree that Vesperia's story was way too much of a mess, though. Yuri basically gets derailed into saving the world thanks to that plot instead of keeping up with his vigilante activities, which were a fuckton more interesting than Duke, Alexei, the children of the whateverthefuck, the entelexeia and muh Elucifer that was Vesperia's plot.
>>
>>150387419
Except he actually is afraid of killing. He wants to save people, and having to kill them means he can't save them.

There's that whole part of the game against that snake bitch that Sorey finally decides to kill, where he's literally about to have a nervous breakdown because he knows he has to, but Rose steps in and does it for him.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.