[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literally what is the point of this show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

File: viz-blog_saitama.jpg (297KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
viz-blog_saitama.jpg
297KB, 1200x630px
There's no stakes, no danger, no progression and no substance at all in the story.

Every episode is exactly the same, just a 20 minute montage of the weekly punching bag saying how cool they are while Saitama looks on with a blank face. Then they fight, Saitama takes no damage and dispatches the enemy with no effort at all. Rinse and repeat.

It's boring and samey.
>>
>>150368545
good animation i guess
>>
>>150368545
I mean the original manga is pretty much a gag manga, but then with really good art. The anime is pretty much the same, comedy series with really good animation.
>>
>>150368545
It's meant to be a comedy/parody.
>>
>>150368545
Just wait until murata finishes rewriting current garou arc with different outcome.
>>
>>150368545
To have fun
>>
You should pay more attention to the moments where Saitama is off screen, Anon.
>>
>>150368545
>There's no stakes, no danger, no progression and no substance at all in the story.
You should ask yourself why you're still alive.
>>
>>150368545
>>150368616
I liked the whole subversion of tropes thing going on

But i liked Hero Academia better
>>
>>150368632
Boku no picodemia is kiddy shit though
>>
>>150368545
Literally what's the point of this post
>>
the point is to see saitama slowly get recognised for his incredible feats
its enjoyable to see people underestimate him or berate bim for being a cheat or whatever, only for them to be absolutely btfo.
>>
>>150368632
Why do people compare these two series so often? You're literally comparing the parody to the thing it's making fun of. Even if you say you like one over the other, it doesn't really mean anything unless you go into specifics because their goals are entirely different.
>>
>>150368545
Simple minded people are attracted to simple minded things
>>
>>150368545
I think you should watch this show instead.

It has complex geopolitics, multiple warring faction, a well thought magic and combat system and even social commentary on class inequalities and social struggle.
>>
>>150368890
Because both MCs have the power of 'Be really REALLY strong'
Which in OPM's case is done as a subversion/parody because being really REALLY strong is the most generic power, but BnHA plays it straight, and that's why it's inferior.
>>
>>150368545
I agree OP. It was entertaining at first, but the joke was played out within the first few episodes. I figured they'd switch things up a bit, have guys with all sorts of powers Saitama couldn't just punch his way through.

I mean it's still entertaining for the character development and slice of life stuff, but it was a one joke series.
>>
>>150368608
He's obviously an animeonly faggot who probably doesn't even know there's a manga. I wish these shits would stop slithering into the board already.
>>
>>150368545
Its just a joke with a huge budget. Which is why its that amazing. Just seeing how it became what it is is hilarious to me.
>>
>>150369806
how sad is your life that even on a board full of people with an unjustified sense of superiority you have to try to find a way to be superior to half of them as well?
>>
>>150368545
Because it's entertaining
>>
>>150368745
>its enjoyable to see people underestimate him or berate bim for being a cheat or whatever, only for them to be absolutely btfo.
I disagree. To a certain point, that is funny and cool as fuck. But after a while, once you've seen the exact same situation play out multiple time in the exact same way, it starts to lose it's charm and becomes extremely predictable.
>>
>>150369381
>my Chinese cartoons made for kids are super intellectual
>>
It's a lot easier to watch if you see the show as the Japanese battle manga version of The Office. Watching the fucked up dynamics of the Japanese workplace writ large is extremely entertaining.
>>
>>150368632
it's like the next naruto dude, even if it's great and all, it's just another naruto/sasuke shit
>>
It's called "comedy"
>>
>>150369860
It has an average budget, retard.
>>
>>150368545
>Every episode is exactly the same, just a 20 minute montage of the weekly punching bag saying how cool they are while Saitama looks on with a blank face.
That's wrong though.

Also, the "stakes" are in seeing how well the villain will do before being slaughtered.
And you're focusing too much on the main character. Other characters actually tend to get more screentime than he does.
>>
>>150369381
>fascist wank
>good
Try again.
>>
>>150368545
Because it's a comedy before it's an action show. Everybody understood that before the anime started, I don't know why you autists are now having such a hard time grappling with such simple facts.
>>
>>150368545
OPM is meant to be a gag/parody series of shonen shows with an MC who was too strong. The whole thing is supposed to be a joke and the punchline is OPM wins with one punch.

But then people like you take it seriously
>>
>>150368545
I'd respond seriously but then I remember there's at least ten dozen people doing videos of upwards to 20 minutes talking about what this show does really good, which means if you weren't a fucking retarded shitposting mouthbreather and genuinely cared for an answer, you could easily get it without making these tired, overdone preset bait threads. The least you could do is not format your text like some kind of cock wrangler from reddit.
>>
>>150368607
>>150371897
>>150373173
The problem with the "parody" thing is that it's not funny.

It's still entertaining though thanks to the good graphics, the well-choregraphied fights and the stylish characters. And since it's a huge hit you will find plenty of people to wank over it while being oblivious of its flaws. There's nothing more to say, really.
>>
> advanced shitposting thread where anons are acting like they're talking about OPM even though the series is nothing like what they're saying
>>
>>150373902
>its not funny, i just watch it for the pretty flashing colours and epic anime fights
teritiaries please fuck off
clearly the "unfunny parody" was enough to get it a manga adaption and an anime
i can gurantee nobody read the webcomic due to the slick visuals and incredible fight scenes
>>
>>150371972
No shit? Big budget as in high production values even if those are an illusion and not linked to the actual budget you fucking retard. Brush up your reading comprehension skills, they are lacking.
>>
>>150368545
>what is the point of this show?
For Saitama to lose or at least meet his equal.
It will take a while, but we'll get there, just be patient.
>>
>>150368545
It's shounen without the bogus pretense. There are no stakes in this genre, because you always know the hero is gonna become stronger than the villain and win.

OPM just skips to the end of that bogus arc and the lack of stakes is used for comedy. If you don't like it that's fine, but complaining about the lack of tension in a Mongolian Animated Picture is dumb.
>>
>>150375651

mfw retards still thinks Saitama is the one punch man and not the final villain.
>>
>There's no stakes,
Prety sure saitama make stakes in one episode
or they go to a restaurant and eat stakes
>>
File: 1461107066499.jpg (53KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1461107066499.jpg
53KB, 370x370px
>>150370778
Most likely not nearly as sad as a pussy-ass crybaby faggot who projects all over the place when they get called out for spouting a bunch of nonsense they can't even be bothered to put a modicum of effort into researching. And if your rough approximation of half the entire board being as poorly educated as you is even close to correct then clearly I need to be even more eletist and scrutinizing than ever before to let you slack-jawed /v/irgin cunts know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you and your shitty fucking opinions will never be welcome, and if you absolutley insist on poisoning the board with your presence the very least you can do is learn what the fuck you're talking about before opening your fat fucking mouth. And if you could do me one more favor and die in a horrific traffic accident sometime in the near future I'd really appreciate it.
>>
>>150373902
>Graphics
Please go back to Facebook or wherever the hell you spawned from
>>
File: simon, gurren lagann.jpg (220KB, 1920x1050px) Image search: [Google]
simon, gurren lagann.jpg
220KB, 1920x1050px
>>150368545

That's life OP, it's a gag comedy, everything is samey, not like we have the ability to break into the 4th dimension and always do something original (though some anime have tried).
>>
>>150369381

That show would be alot better if the main character wasn't boring as sin.
>>
>>150378179
What's wrong with "graphic"? It's just an all-encompassing word for the visual aspects of the show.
>>
>>150368545
It's about the idea that you are so good at what you do that you end up doing shit just because you're bored, and the way organizations favor seniority over ability to the point the most competent guy in the room is the guy (almost) no one respects because they don't know him.
>>
>>150379927
Yeah, if your have the vocabulary of a fourteen year old.
>>
>>150380168
Kinda shot myself if the foot there.... Phones suck and I'll stick to my point
>>
>>150380211
I have the vocabulary of a non-native speaker, but I'm willing to improve.
>>
>>150380413
Animation, visuals or presentation are fine, using a word like graphics in correlation to animation Doesn't really gel, an animation still would be a graphic but in terms of motion it just sounds weird to me.
>>
>>150380979
Thank you, I'll remember that.
>>
I watched the anime just recently. Story is great and i really enjoyed the first 6-7 episodes, but then it felt like they were forcing the whole thing to fit into a 12 episodes season.
Currently considering starting the manga, is it gonna change my opinion or not worth it?
>>
funny, good animation. that's it
>>
>>150373902
>that it's not funny.
To. You.
>>
>>150381574
bump
>>
It's largely parody with a bit of genuine deconstruction about the nature of 'powerlevels'

Overlord does it much, much more effectively and efficiently but OPman is more fun. The webcomic anyway. Pure gold.
>>
>>150382710
Overlord doing anything better than anyone. Genuinely the worst show Iv ever bothered to finish
>>
>>150382889
Tell me how you really feel, jeeze
>>
Saitama is the protag, however, there are other stories in the universe that happen from other characters' perspectives, namely the whole Garou shit, you'll get to see real danger, Saitama is just the solution to him.
>>
If you want to take intellectual approach, you can say OPM is rather deep probe into how awful humans and civilization can be even if you're living god, but lacking need to gloat or any kind of messiah complex. Ultimately the point isnt how he deals with monsters, but how he deals with himself.
>>
>>150378001
didn't read lol
>>
>>150383081
He also has to deal with the other heroes WITHOUT killing them, you have tatsumaki getting all fucking uppity and almost killing herself if you even remotely care for her sister and etc
>>
>>150368545
Imagine an anime just like the one you described but instead of twenty minutes it's twenty episodes or more.

One Punch Man is a parody of shonen storytelling that cuts to the chase.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.