[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup, /a/. Do I need to have read the old Astro Boy in order to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Pluto_manga_vol_1.jpg (29KB, 230x326px) Image search: [Google]
Pluto_manga_vol_1.jpg
29KB, 230x326px
Sup, /a/. Do I need to have read the old Astro Boy in order to enjoy Pluto? Or is it good enough on it's own?
>>
No and yes, its very good on its own.
>>
I enjoyed it thoroughly and was never into Astro Boy. I'm sure I would have found deeper meaning if I had but it is pretty great.
>>
>>150347952
good on its own, but it has weak ending in my opinion like most of this author work anyway, truly a hack
>>
as long as you know what astro boy is youre ok
>>
It works perfectly as standalone and it does its own thing, but the Astroboy arc it's based on (The Greatest Robot in the World) is just two episodes long so might as well watch them and enjoy the references. There's also the Tenma/Tobio stuff but you can just read a random summary of the story of AB for that.
>>
>>150347952
Urosawa should get someone else to write the plots for all of his manga. He's really good at building hype but bad at delivering on it. His usual problems aren't as bad in Pluto, and I think it's because Tezuka's plot has a sensible ending instead of dragging on forever.
>>
>>150348708
He delivered in monster for me. But I have to agree that his endings are not the strong point of his writing.
>>
Wanted to add, if you want to read the manga version of The Greatest Robot in the World, it's chapter 7 of Astroboy.
>>
>>150347952

Nope, Pluto is Urosawa's best work. Which I think is due to the fact that he had to stick to a per-existing story and work off it. Which is why it was relatively short and well paced.
>>
>>150347952
Go ahead and read it, but don't read the interviews with Urasawa included in the tankobon volumes before the ending because they spoil a lot of stuff that happens.
>>
File: 1472044439532.jpg (200KB, 849x554px) Image search: [Google]
1472044439532.jpg
200KB, 849x554px
26-episode Pluto anime by Madhouse never.
>>
>>150349506
I would give a finger for that.
>>
>Have at least a passing knowledge of astroboy
>Read Pluto
>Read greatest robot in the world
>read author interviews in pluto
This is the best way to enjoy it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.