[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Digimin Universe : Appmon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

Did nobody watch this new Digimon?
>>
Ded
>>
The VAs sound really weak and it still uses a mishmash of fusion and evolution
>>
>>150331988
I watch it in spanish
>>
>>150332440
At least they don't rely completely at evolution which make it kinda fun
>>
>>150332512
build wall
>>
>>150331988
I'm catching up and so far I think it's awful

Character- MC is a boring beta who became a hero for no real reason. Eri was initially more interested in being an Idol and did not bring out her Digimon because she did not think there was a need...except when the need actually arose she hesitated for some reason.
Collecting Digimon- This is the second time they did this and I'm not liking it. We risk ending up with a crapton of Digimon who are never developed as proper characters.
'Champion' level Digimon- Rendered in awful 3DCG.
>>
>>150333588
Eh i actually quite like the MC, he actually smart and do research unlike usual hot-blooded MC
>>
>>150333588
I like the CG, rest of your complains I dont see how they are bad.
>>
>>150331988
Another Toei qt.

I think big friends watch it for Eri sama.
>>
>>150333588
At least it was good CG unlike other anime.
>>
Do they insert songs for evolution now? I skimmed through the first episode and was disappointed not to find one.
>>
>>150333588
I really like Haru. I was expecting him to be some pussy ass MC but once he got his wake up call he actually turned out kinda cool and he can even be smug at times.

I don't mind the CG, I didn't like the idea of it but it looks fine honestly. The collecting Digimon aspect just seems like another way to handle the early MoTW aspect, I don't expect it to continue the whole show.

I'm really enjoying Appmon so far though, its much better then I expected it to be and has been pretty fun so far. My only real gripe is no insert songs so far and lack of traditional evolution, but this is Digimon so I don't really care what they do as long as I can vaguely tell it's Digimon.
>>
>>150334124
>>150333919
At the rate it is going (one monster being weakened and collected each episode) yeah, I think are repeating the whole Xros Wars saga again. There's nothing inherently wrong with collecting monsters as a concept. Pokemon has done the concept for 2 decades. The problem is I'm not sure if they'll do it right. If they keep collecting new Appmons each episode we're going to end up with 50 something and most of them won't even see the light of day. Something similar happened in Xros Hunters and it was a major downfall of that season.

There's a way to do it better- limit the number of Appmon caught to under 10 or less and give each of them a character arc. However, it doesn't look like it's heading that way with most Appmon besides the main Appmons being used for power ups or to Digivolve.

I have own with the concept as applied to Digimon. This is about the second anime after Xros that has utilised this concept. If this keeps up, the anime franchise will lose it's uniqueness. What sets apart Digimon from other shows is one mon, one partner.

With the CG, I have two major issues with it. The first one is that it stands out too much since the rest of the background and Haru is animated in 2d cel. When everything else looks the same, it really makes you think why this generation's Champion Levels have to be in CG. Not to mention it seems like a step backwards. It seems that only Universe's Champion level and up will be rendered in CG. Now Digimon is no stranger to CG. Several Digivolution sequence have been animated in CG however that was about all the CG we saw, the fights themselves were animated in normal cel. This has been standard practice at Toei for roughly 20 years now. To animate the Champion levels in CG now seems to be a degradation in standards as far as animation goes. They've thrown out what worked for several years for a awful finished product which as I mention leaves one character feeling out of place.
>>
>>150334124
Regarding whether the show is really Digimon.

I'll have to say that Digimon has never been a stranger to experimentation. I'll certainly have to agree with that fag Milo on this point. Although even for an experimental series, Appmon has throw much more out of the window. Most Digimon series even the ones with vastly different concepts like Frontier had a battle theme and a Digital World. It doesn't look like either are a thing in Appmon (unless we're proven otherwise in the late future).

They've also added in a shouting, screaming Digivice that seems more suited for Kamen Rider or Super Sentai.

The Digivolution sequence (or AppliGattai) is still around except the Mons don't say anything and let the crappy audio do the talking. Here's another one of my gripes, the audio effects for the app gattai is awful and literally sounds like I'm listening to radio static. If there's an award for Worst Sound Editing, Universe should win it.

There's some good in the series. The Real World setting is okay. I'm enjoying how meta and informed it is about the digital age down to the level 300 mobage wotas and the Idols based off phone apps. Although I can't help but think they should have gone more wild since this is the first Digimon Series set in the near future (2045) yet it seems like everyone is still using smartphones and driving the same cars.
>>
>>150333588
I really liked the MC at the start, then he became kinda boring once they started to introduce new characters, but I guess once the main plot kicks in he'll get the time to shine.
>>
>>150335032
Because the collecting ultimately doesn't matter outside of AppFusion and Seven Codes, it's literally just an excuse for MoTW.

I'd rather them do this then show off every Appmon they collect honestly, that'd be annoying.
>>
>>150335032
>What sets Digimon apart is one mon, one partner.

Let's disregard all the games where you have teams of up to 6+ Mons then, shall we?
>>
I'd like there to be more stakes in the show.

There really isn't a threat beyond personal boundaries...
>>
>>150335193
>If there's an award for Worst Sound Editing, Universe should win it.
This.

The rest is fine, Haru is a good MC and any Digimon is slow to get the main plot.
>>
>>150335395
Episode 8 anon
Calm down
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.