[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kiritsugu... was he a good father?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 10

File: 2307005-kiritsugu.png (101KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
2307005-kiritsugu.png
101KB, 320x240px
Kiritsugu... was he a good father?
>>
>>150318742
He was a good guy. I like him.
>>
File: 1392607725775.jpg (474KB, 350x4277px) Image search: [Google]
1392607725775.jpg
474KB, 350x4277px
>>150318742
He was able to recognize his mistake and move on, albeit with grail aids after it was said and done
Raised shirou mostly right
>>
>>150319589
Only once he was BTFO by Avenger. He was an edgelord for as long as he could be.
>>
File: knees.jpg (231KB, 767x1340px) Image search: [Google]
knees.jpg
231KB, 767x1340px
>>150319672
I wish people would look past the superificial shit to see that Kiritsugu is a pure maiden. Him choosing to not go through with violence in the past is what led to edgy things happening. And the only reason he fights the way he does is to ultimately end all of it. He knew it was a childish dream and thought that because it's impossible, only a wish granting device like the grail could do it.

He can't help but love people, no matter how hard he tries not to, which is one of his biggest flaws and even a fool like Irisviel knew this. He actually at one point thought of just running away to be with Iri and his daughter showing that despite his behavior he's still a child at heart and is scared. Which is the complete opposite of what an edgelord would do no matter how many people spam this buzzword. His ultimate wish also is the opposite is this.

He does have legitimate flaws such as having down syndrome (choosing to not utilize Saber fully either because of pride/ideal clash/petty reason) and not really living up to his tryhard persona of cold killer (he was scared of Kirei, he wanted to give up and run away with his wife, he cried over Maiya and the grail not being what he expected)

So in the end Kiritsugu is basically just a guy with a kind heart that's too flawed and too weak to actually change the world. Only saved one person and lost pretty much everything. His interactions with Ilya and Shirou shows what he really is outside of the grail war. Which is a man with down syndrome and a kind heart.
>>
File: 60019818_p0_master1200.jpg (272KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
60019818_p0_master1200.jpg
272KB, 1200x1200px
>>150320207
there are so many things wrong with that picture
>>
>>150320267
such as?
>>
>>150318742
He was a pretty good father, but he didn't notice the warning signs of autism in Shiro and accidentally assisted in Shiro's mental escape into a superman fantasy world.
>>
File: 1480381258791.png (57KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
1480381258791.png
57KB, 600x434px
>>150320207
As someone who began learning Japanese 10 years ago because of reading Tsukihime, I really, truly hate what the Nasuverse and Type-Moon has become. I feel betrayed, frankly.

The most recent major works just feel... wrong. From Mahoyo to CCC to Apocrypha to Grand Order, they get exponentially worse each time. The former two had their flaws but were okay when I first read them, but the latter two really put into perspective the steep decline. Especially the latter three, they're all just so frivolous and the power creep is absurd. I know these are mostly Fate works, but since it's all a connected setting more or less, it feels like the whole thing has become tainted. There's no other way for me to describe it. The stigma of the later works, the scale of which has gone out of control feels impossible to escape now.

There's not a single hint of the mystique that once characterized the Nasuverse in its currently published works. The Root and a Magi's quest for it used to be so full of subtlety and enigma, despite obviously being an enlightenment pastiche. Now it's just powerlevels and anime comedy gag scenes.

Even when the Tsukihime Remake comes out, it probably won't be instilled with the modest, somber atmosphere and utsuge sincerity of the original. We can already see that happening in Arcueid's seibaface or the Tohno Mansion's absolutely ridiculous new design.

I have no hope for the future. I just want my basement doll back. But Magical Amber, that insipid, characterizing-killing whore, will probably show up a whole bunch instead.
>>
File: scale of salvation.png (1MB, 800x1577px) Image search: [Google]
scale of salvation.png
1MB, 800x1577px
>>150318742
He was unable to SAVE EVERYONE.
>>
>>150320300
knee joints, abdomen, right hand, breasts, perspective (an apple in the background is twice the size of a DS), quality in general, Saber's demeanor, and that chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair. That chair!
>>
File: Kerry.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kerry.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>150318742
Yes and no, he did a good job of being an inspiration for Shero but half assedly teaching him magic put his life at a great stake. Also I don't really like him ever since I saw Fate Zero a few years ago. I wonder what would happen if EMIYA and Kerry ever meet I'd expect Kerry getting Caladbolg'd. He's definitely better than soms of the Nasuverse fathers but that's not really saying much when he has Zouken and Saber to go up against. [/spoiler] Funnily enough I've started rewatching 2006 and Zero today.[/spoiler]
>>
>>150320456
>By saving one person, I saved myself"

Now THAT really makes me think.
>>
File: sakura pride.jpg (112KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
sakura pride.jpg
112KB, 800x600px
>>150320470
ahahahaaha Tsukihime reference amirite
The only Nasu shit I read was Fate and Tsukihime. Wasn't impressed by either. Watched FSN and Fate Zero after. I can't rewatch original Fate anime and UBW anymore for some reason but I enjoy rewatching FZ. Also the anime of FZ didn't do the novel justice
>>
File: 1480382295612.png (172KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1480382295612.png
172KB, 1252x1252px
>>150320582
>>
File: 123545311.jpg (86KB, 799x601px) Image search: [Google]
123545311.jpg
86KB, 799x601px
Shirou you madman
>>
>>150320617
The novel was more grand and epic. Some scenes in the anime were just flaccid
>>
>>150320729
Kariya's... Eh, parts? were really descriptive, I'll give you that.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.