[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>DUDE LMAO LET'S MAKE THE PAST TWO SEASONS POINTLESS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 517
Thread images: 76

File: Death_of_Lelouch.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Death_of_Lelouch.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
>DUDE LMAO LET'S MAKE THE PAST TWO SEASONS POINTLESS SO WE CAN MAKE SOME EASY MONEY!

I'm so fucking pissed off right now. I feel betrayed. The entire premise of Code Geass is utterly pointless now. Lelouch has no reason to fight anymore yet they will come up with some bullshit reason like "remnants of Britannia" or some shit just so autistic weaboos will eat this shit up and buy all the merchandise. Fuck Sunrise. They have ruined one of my all time favourite anime.
>>
There is absolutely and utterly zero reason for there to be a season 3. They will destroy Code Geass.
>>
There is absolutely and utterly zero reason for there to be a season 3. They will destroy Code Geass.
>>
They ruined a literal perfect ending.
>>
Lelouch was the cart driver, dumbass
>>
>>150317287
Someone finally said it. Thank you.
I think it's gonna be as souless as Super.
>>
>>150317287
Eat a dick. No one cares about the premise, because the train wreak is what made CG so damn fun.
>>
File: 1463555708306.jpg (29KB, 337x404px) Image search: [Google]
1463555708306.jpg
29KB, 337x404px
Hahahahaha how is ruining a series even real, just close your eyes, nigga. Just close MPC-HC.
>>
>>150317287
>remnants of Britannia
Nah it would work if the threat was the remnants of the Geass Order

They don't focus nearly enough on that aspect of the plot so it would be nice if that was the focus on R3
>>
>>150317646
upvote
>>
>>150317627
>the threads were freaking epic bro xD

People like you are honestly the worst posters on this board. You try waaay to hard to fit in and I get second hand embarrassment reading your posts.
>>
>>150317287
given how shitty the second season was, i don't actually mind
>>
>>150317794
I'm not even talking about 4chan, shitlord. The show itself was the "so bad it's good" show of the 2000's.
>>
>>150317517
I always knew he was alive myself,but that was fine. Lelouch was dead to the world and he was living a peaceful life with C.C. after he spent years fighting and losing loved ones. Now they are going to spit on all that just to make some easy money.
>>
>>150317837
You're a fucking retard. You realise you are the extremely vocal minority who only say this shit because you want an excuse to watch the show because you're too much of a hipster to admit you like a popular show.
>>
>>150317287
Just ignore it.
Like I do the rebuilds.
>>
Agreed that it's an unnecessary sequel.

Well, it'll be interesting to see what they've come up with to justify Lelouch reentering the scene.
>>
>>150317882
Now I'm convinced that you've never even seen Code Geass.
>>
>>150317287
I disagree. This ending will remain the awesome ending it has always been, no matter what happens. I'm seeing the Code Geass movies right now, and if they make something close to this level of quality, you'll thank god they decided to make new code geass material with more Lelouch
>>
>>150318083
Okay buddy. Go back to enjoying your anime kino and leave us in peace.
>>
I hope they go into more of the magical bullshit. As was pointed out having people fight more Brittanians would just be dumb.
>>
If it sucks, it doesn't exist.

Just like DtB 2, Psycho pass 2, E7 AO, Last exile sequel.

I am pretty triggered because they ruined the perfect ending.
>>
>>150317287
The only thing I want to see from R3 is Lulu seeing that all his planning and sacrifice was for nothing and he just gives the fuck up.
>>
>>150318281
Exactly, whenever a sequel is bad it's like my brain automatically erases it from my memory. Still enjoy the 1st season. Ruining an anime with a sequel is a shitty meme
>>
How about instead of chimping out like retards we wait and see how it is? Jesus Christ chill the fuck out, your whining isn't gonna cancel R3
>>
>>150318161
Stop making assumptions about why people like things, or even about why people like things that are "so bad they're good". It's like you've never talked to a real human being, so you assume all people fit into one of five given archetypes.

Code Geass season 1 started out as an honestly interesting story, but season 2 went pants-on-head retarded. However, it did so in a way that was honestly fun, so I didn't have a problem with that. I have no problem with liking popular shows, but if you thought Code Geass's ending was good (to the point that you feel hurt about a third season) then you are a god damn autistic moron.

I guess you can't except that someone might think that way, or even think differently than you do, so you'll just assume that I'm some kind of... 4chan anime viewing hipster? Does that even exist? What on earth is going on inside your head?

You're like some kind of beautiful train wreak, in human form.
>>
>>150317882
>He thinks he's not the vocal minority
Heheheh. Hahaha. Hmhmhm.
>>
File: 1480193093777.gif (107KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
1480193093777.gif
107KB, 640x448px
>MMMUH ENDING
STFU YOU FAGGOTS POINT OF ENDING WAS TO END CHAIN OF HATE IN WORLD IT DOESN'T MATTER IF HE REALLY DIED OR NOT PEOPLE JUST HAD TO BELIEVE HE DID
>>
Holy fuck OP, just seperate it from the original if it's shit. God damn.
>>
he took his fathers code and achieved code geass

dammit where is that old copypasta
>>
>>150317287
I think the real problem here is that you describe Code Geass as one of your favorite all time anime.
>>
>>150318398
>it was bad
>because I said so
Literally every time.
>>
>>150317287
>autism rage
You have literally nothing to lose from this. You were getting 0 new content before and you got a conclusive ending. You can easily pretend that this 3rd season doesn't exist.

For all you know this new season will blow everyone away and turn out to be amazing.
>>
>>150318409
>Implying his plan was foolproof and that no one would ever start another war again
You people are delusional. Something always happens to destroy peace because people are selfish pricks.

What I would like to see is Lelouch aged to be a man and have a new kid develop with his own powers to challenge him.
>>
>>150317287
what if
you just like
dont watch it then man?
>>
>>150318551
Do I need to dig up my screen shot where Lelouch was piloting his nightmare frame via keyboard AND crossing his arms (right hand on left side, left hand on right side)?
>>
>>150317287
>autistic weaboos will eat this shit up
idk op it doesn't sound like you're eating it up
>>
>>150318847
How is that bad?
>>
>>150318281
PP2 and DtB's shit second season are the only reason they are remembered.

Head canoning is for faggots
>>
>>150317882
>minority
Newfag please.
code geass has always been trainwreck but that trainwreck is what makes code geass really fun to watch just like cross ange and valvrave.
>>
>>150318847
Whoa... So that was why season two was bad... All this time people were saying season two went off the rails... This was what they were talking about...
>>
>>150318966
only bad thing in season 2 was china filler, rest of it was pretty solid
>>
>>150317287
Reminder that they basically dropped the plot of Season 1 when they got a different timeslot.
>>
>>150317287
Is this what a denialfag sounds like?
>>
>>150317287
>DUDE LMAO LET'S MAKE THE PAST TWO SEASONS POINTLESS SO WE CAN MAKE SOME EASY MONEY!

Next year in a nutshell.
>>
>>150319044
Eh, I enjoyed it. I enjoyed watching lelouch steal xing-ke's waifu and hero moment especially
>>
File: suzaku-runs-on-walls.jpg (49KB, 720x441px) Image search: [Google]
suzaku-runs-on-walls.jpg
49KB, 720x441px
>>150318551
okay
>>
>>150318551
No. It was bad because it was bad.
>>
>>150319216
Again, how is that bad? Do you also sperg about knightmare frames breaking the laws of physics?
>omg it was wacky so it was le bad coz im a mature person who watches mature anime lol
Idiot.
>>
>>150319216
>He doesn't know how to kick off walls to get an extra boost in height

Might as well amputate your legs right now since you'll never use them right
>>
First dragon ball, then FLCL and now this. whats next, scryed?
>>
>>150319299
He was actually running on the wall for a prolonged.. you know what, never mind. You're right. It was amazing. There were no asspulls, bullshit, or absurdly bad twists. It was all a perfect anime.
>>
>>150319493
you must not watch enough anime if that bothers you.
>>
File: ShizNat.jpg (1MB, 1921x1502px) Image search: [Google]
ShizNat.jpg
1MB, 1921x1502px
>>150319477
Mai Hime is next anon
>>
>>150319149
I actually enjoyed it too, I just thought it took up too much time and some parts of it felt kind of like filler
>>
>>150319493
You didn't list any asspulls or bad twists. You had two chances to make an argument and you chose "he crossed his hands on the keyboard lol" and "he ran across the wall lol" for why CG was bad. This is why I can't take CG critics seriously, it's literally the same rubbish "arguments" over and over again.
>>
>>150319647
well never watched that series.
>>
>>150319699
Good, you made the right decision
>>
File: 1397343524476.jpg (35KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1397343524476.jpg
35KB, 852x480px
I'm fucking fuming, Sunrise are retarded.

This is the ONE series that I didn't want to get an S3 because they ended it in such a perfect way and now it's going to be all fucking ruined because they don't want to milk the Love Live cash cow again.
>>
>>150319774
>ended it in such a perfect way
nah
>>
>>150319740
>Guys I hate Code Geass! Am I cool now?!
>>
>>150319493
You've provided us with so many good examples so far that I am really interested in your commentary. Please educate me on bad twists and plotholes
>>
>>150319532
Have you not been reading the thread? This was enjoyably bad. Just because something is common doesn't make it not bad, and in this case it was enjoyably bad.

You're some kind of special, aren't you.
>>
>>150317287
The ending hasn't changed, autist. Lelouch is the cart driver regardless.
>>
File: 1399592656976.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1399592656976.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>150319800
Name a more memorable emotional ending than R2.
>>
>>150319857
We'll, it obviously wasn't an ending now was it?
>>
>>150319857
When I got a paper cut on my dick
>>
>>150319878
Well not now because SUNRISE ARE GREEDY BASTARDS but you know what I mean.

Also it might be a shitty movie which no one will care for anyway.
>>
>>150319774
>they ended it in such a perfect way
Literally all Lelouch did was buy a brief period of peace for the price of millions of lives and created a power vacuum in the process. Hardly a "perfect way".
>>
>>150319910
Hey, if you hate it that much just take off your trip and die. It'll be symbolic
>>
>>150317287
It would work as a Spice and Wolfesque adventures of CC and Ledouche
>>
>>150319910
You mad nigga
>>
>>150317287
Don't you just have to pretend like this doesn't exist and nothing changes for you.
>>
>>150320057
People just want to post their autistic ramblings, anon.
>>
File: 1452813897026.png (833KB, 900x635px) Image search: [Google]
1452813897026.png
833KB, 900x635px
>>150319976
>>
>>150319662
What the actual fuck? Did you not see the show? I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, or make any kind of argument. It was bad, as a matter of fact. You can confirm this by watching the god damn show. There were 50 fucking episodes of this shit.

The god damn maid ninja, orange turning into a robot, orange later jumping out of his mech in mid air and still fighting other mechs (and winning), rocket Charles, Charles's entire fucking plan, Lelouch's plan at the end (if he could fucking brainwash the entire royal family then what the fuck was the point of doing any of the shit before that?), the glitter bomb, ass hats, table fucking, memory loss ass pulls (used multiple times), DAVID, giving a blind guy a gun and having him run down stairs, disabled loli wills her eyesight to return, illegal chess moves, pizza hut, and so much more.

It's like you are asking for proof that water is wet.
>>
>>150320122
see >>150318551
>>
>>150319857
memorable ≠ perfect
>>
>>150319857
You're a faggot
>>
>all these "bu-but-he was dead!" tears

love it
>>
>>150320155
>list at least 15 prime examples of shlock
>claims no example given

Your autism knows no bounds. Let me guess, you thought Cross Ange was honestly good too, right?
>>
Ougi did nothing wrong. Debate me.
>>
>>150320240
>this show is bad
>why
>these things within the show are bad
Why? What makes them bad? How about you prove your "points"?
>>
>>150320296
>You didn't list any asspulls or bad twists.
>Lists asspulls and twists
Fixed that for you, you autistic nigger.
>>
>>150317287
It's sunrise, they do it all the time with Gundam

>neo-britannia
>>
>>150320240
>X Y Z WAS BAD!
>Because...?
>BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!!!!!
Not to mention most of your examples are blatantly "I don't like thing because it's not mature enough for me", and the ones that aren't just prove your lack of ability to follow the plot of a chinese cartoon. For instance, Nunnally willing her eyesight to return makes complete sense because her blindness was just her not being able to open her eyes due to mental trauma, i.e. her eyes were physically healthy.
>>
>>150320122
Why is all of this so impossible to you? Is it hat strange to have someone trained in stealth arts to be disguised as maid? All of the stuff you say is ridiculous is explained fully in the show. For example, Nunnally was blind because of psychological trauma, not physical. It seems like it's just tidbits of stuff you didn't like. Illegal chess moves was a psychological game played on Lelouch to determine his personality flaws. Like holy shit, should CG be the new retard test?

You lazily watched this show, probably already having your prejudices, and didn't pay any attention to the actual story. Actually I wonder if you didn't just watch clips on YouTube. You just wanted to jerk off to your "superior" taste. Go back to TVtropes or something autist.
>>
>>150320335
Not him. You claim they're asspulls/bad twists, so it's your burden to prove that's the case.
>>
>>150319493
Suzaku is outright superhuman
>>
Can someone explain the snow/white/beautiful thing with Lelouch and C.C. in that one episode of R1? I don't think I understand it.
>>
R2 had a perfect ending if you didn't think about it too much. Just like Code Geass was a good show if you didn't think about it too much.

Hopefully they can recapture the magic with R3 and actually give us an ending as good if not better.

It really didn't need a sequel though.
>>
>>150320355

>Not to mention most of your examples are blatantly "I don't like thing because it's not mature enough for me",

Why do you keep thinking that any of this has to do with maturity or being "too hip" or anything like that? I like dick and fart jokes, and I like kid shows, and I also like "serious" dramas. You're making retarded assumptions again because your brain can't process why people think differently than you do.

Plus, I like these things in Code Geass. It's not about even about liking these things or not. It's about how absurd they were.

>For instance, Nunnally willing her eyesight to return makes complete sense because her blindness was just her not being able to open her eyes due to mental trauma, i.e. her eyes were physically healthy.

Jesus Christ, did you just not get enough oxygen to your brain while you were in the womb?
>>
>>150320628
After so many posts you still literally have no argument besides "IT'S BAD LIKE SERIOUSLY ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? IT'S JUST BAD!". Embarrassing.
>>
>>150320628
Jesus Christ anon stop arguing about pointless shit and just have some of CC's pizza.
>>
>>150317287
code geass was always shit
>>
>>150320628
Google hysterical blindness and get back to me on that one, champ.
>>
>>150320381
>Is it hat strange to have someone trained in stealth arts to be disguised as maid?

Not at all. It's fucking hilarious that she kept wearing the fucking maid hat while she was in full ninja gear, though.

>All of the stuff you say is ridiculous is explained fully in the show.

That doesn't make it less absurd. In many cases, they made it more absurd.

>Nunnally was blind because of psychological trauma

No one is saying she was physically blind or that her blindness could not be undone. It was how she willed it away at the drop of a hat. Not even upon realization of the situation, but literally at her will.

>psychological game

Stating the reasons behind why a character did something done does not make it less absurd.

>You just wanted to jerk off to your "superior" taste.

Which are... what? I liked Code Geass, you fuckwit. I haven't commented on any other show or any other preference. This isn't a matter of shitting on a show or not. It's a matter of identifying that parts of it were absurd, which is one of the reasons I liked the damn show.
>>
>>150320713
Everyone understands why she was blind and that it could be undone. It was how they handled the situation that was retarded.

If this is a troll, 10/10. You got me.
>>
>>150317847
Then just don't watch it?
>>
Why are people talking grimly about how new season will affect the canon. This is the show where a guy spin-kicked a machine gun to death
>>
Even if he attracted all the hate in the world, it is still just a matter of time before people fuck it all up again. You really think the shady jackasses behind the scenes are going to just let the world be ruled by a bunch of little girls? S3 probably starts with a coup d'etat somewhere.
>>
>>150320843
You say it's at the drop of a hat. It really isn't, since she does live with it for a long time in the show. She only gets over it when she puts her fears away, and tries to change the world for the better. Mental fix for a mental problem. Look it up, not much cure beyond therapy. What would have made it more satisfactory to you? A rehabilitation arc?

Again, you say the illegal chess move was bad. But in what way specifically? I stated the purpose of the move, but you haven't explained why it's so zany and out there.

Do you have to see everything unfold before it becomes plausible? A lot of the ridiculous stuff you mention is so benign I have to laugh.

Yeah, it was absurd in a lot of ways but your examples aren't very good at all.

>>150320934
I doubt that you understood it until now.
>>
And on third season he shall rise again to judge the living and the dead
>>
>>150321239
Fuck I forgot to use the meme arrows to quote
>>
>>150321059
They probably spent years loudly claiming that Lelouch was dead and calling everyone who thought the ending could go either way delusional retards. Now that Sunrise has proven that they were the delusional ones, these people are doing everything they can to make it seem like Sunrise doesn't understand their own IP.
>>
File: 1475190514672.jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475190514672.jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
Reminder that Kallen is a retarded musclehead that only stalemated Suzaku even when she had a superior KMF, greater focus (because Suzaku had to consider the plan + coordinate his survival), and the desire to kill.
>>
>>150321372
>that ohgi loyalty
every time
>>
>>150321372
Tamaki should have had a higher loyalty rating. Or maybe how useful the loyalty is factors into it
>>
Anyone else liked the second opening for R1?
>>
The best part about sequels is that they can be easily disregarded as non-canon if the writer/fanbase wants them to be because they're set in the future.
>>
File: code_geass_pizzahut.jpg (47KB, 401x280px) Image search: [Google]
code_geass_pizzahut.jpg
47KB, 401x280px
Better have some Pizza Hut product placement
>>
>>150318409
And him coming back from the dead and revealing himself again defeats that purpose, which is why people are upset.
>>
File: 1405774915629.gif (317KB, 450x250px) Image search: [Google]
1405774915629.gif
317KB, 450x250px
>>150317646
>>
>>150320122
Holy fuck I laughed a lot when you laid all that out in a single paragraph. I always thought it was pretty wild but just reading all the silliness at once is great.
>>150320381
Lmao, just because you give something a meaning doesn't mean it isn't batshit crazy man.
>>
>>150321518
or well the world just fucks up again and that the power vacuum he left just turn the world shit again and he need to remind them.
>>
File: not dead.png (3MB, 1542x1653px) Image search: [Google]
not dead.png
3MB, 1542x1653px
Pic related.
>>
>>150321589
>Lmao
>>>/out/
>>
>>150317287

S2 ending was retarded and didnt make sense, theres no way suzaku could have filled in for lelouch for long, he is too retarded
>>
>>150321759
Stop samefagging to agree with yourself loser. Lmao
>>
>>150321619
>R3 when
His magic worked and it took ten years
>>
>>150321732
that's why schneizel is alive numbnuts
>>
>>150321161
>Matter of time.
Didn't Kallen say in the epilogue that there were still problems going on, which took place like 2 months after Zero Requiem?
Of course in the grander scheme of it said problems must look pretty small compared to all the shit Brittania/Lelouch pulled but still.
>>
File: van.jpg (20KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
van.jpg
20KB, 500x282px
Spike doesn't die at the end of Cowboy Bebop.

He gets thrown into the prison planet, Endless Illusion with incurable amnesia.
He falls in love with a woman who subconsciously reminds him of his past love, who dies in a tragic manner similar to Spike's love.
He becomes tired, jaded, and sick of the world and lives for revenge. Again.
>>
>>150321799
What? I've only posted in here twice. You dumbasses cry samefag way too often.
>>
>Whole s3 is shit until the end when it ends with colors and Mosaic kakera.
>>
>>150321823
I'm so glad TTGL doesn't have a sequel

Please don't make a TTGL sequel
>>
File: 1452521953294.jpg (215KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452521953294.jpg
215KB, 1280x720px
>>150321518
It doesn't defeat anything. Conflict will always exist. Lelouch's Zero Requiem, AKA stopping (visible) wars so Nunnally can see a peaceful world while alive, is not even guaranteed to last a fucking generation.

People are upset because they're doing damage control after claiming Lelouch wasn't the cart driver.
>>
>>150321372
>Ohgi having higher than average Int, Chr and Loyalty
The most unbelievable part of the entire show.
>>
You only liked this because moot did. Case and point.
>>
>>150321929
Who's moot?
>>
>>150319216
i remember they teased some kind of subplot of why suzaku could use lancelot and had superhuman abilities and then dropped it

if you want retarded then count how many times brittania is about to execute him and he comes back to them everytime
>>
>>150317847
for all we know the series might just be him coming out of retirement under a different name to save some different country. I'd be fine with that.
>>
>>150321904
>It doesn't defeat anything. Conflict will always exist.

Of course. Doesn't mean it needs a fucking sequel though.
>>
>>150321929
It didn't take itself seriously at all. It was like they wanted to do something serious, then said fuck it, and made Suzaku the strongest 18 year old in the entire world. All the while, they made Lelouch overthink everything and still manage to fuck everything up.
>>
The whole anime is only being made to cash in on political commentary.
>>
>>150317287
I agree, this is a mistake.
That said, it probably won't retroactively ruin R1 and R2 for me, that's already a sealed package in my head.
I'll likely be able to dissociate anything they bring to the table now and be able to enjoy both the original series on its own and this sequel for what they are.

There's also the matter of hype, keeping it low is always a good thing.
>>
>>150317287
If that shit worked there wouldn't have been war post Hitler retard
>>
File: 1476541440043.jpg (293KB, 803x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476541440043.jpg
293KB, 803x720px
I told you guys years ago, over and over, that Lelouche wasn't dead.

You didn't listen. It's too late now.
>>
STFU retard.
chode grease was never good.you can't ruin sh*t
>>
>>150317627
/thread
>>
File: zionists.jpg (61KB, 756x553px) Image search: [Google]
zionists.jpg
61KB, 756x553px
>(((Sunrise)))
There's your problem.
>>
THEY'VE DESTROYED THE GREATEST FUCKING ENDING IN ANIME EVER
>>
Then just don't watch it? Good god you faggots are always complaining because you know you're gonna watch it when it's out
>>
>>150322013

You arent seriously using the "it wasnt meant to be taken serious" card, this is Sunrise we are talking about here.

Yes, it was because Sunrise only have a sense of parody when they were doing someone else work, it was meant to be taken serious like Gundam 00 and all their stupid mecha series.

Its stupid? yes because its fucking Sunrise ... they did the same before and they did the same after.
>>
LOL this motherfucking hypocrite will watch it regardless of the their bitching and moaning on /a/
>>
What if Lelouch is just the bait and switch?
>>
>>150319976
I's actually dig that. But it's Sunrise, anon.
>>
>>150320057
It's hard to pretend it doesn't exist when all of /a/ (or any community related to anime, really) only talks about that.
>>
>BAWWWWWW

Lelouch didn't die, get over it.
>>
>>150320574
Basically, C.C. forgot how to be an actual person because she has wanted to die for so long, but Lelouch said he still found her beautiful.
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>150321909
>>150321422
He had a gold star for a reason
>>
>I'm so fucking pissed off right now. I feel betrayed.

If you like something shouldn't you be excited that it is getting more content rather than assuming its going to be absolute garbage before it's even released?
>>
>>150324751
I don't think that's the problem, anon.
I like the ending of R2 exactly because he doesn't die, and I am in the team that thinks a sequel is unnecessary and a obvious cashgrab.
The second season was already worse than the first one, this third season can only suck.
>>
>>
>>150321372
>He fucking rated his followers
>Knowing him, he probably invented a formula to accurately predict those four attributes
I wonder if those were ever made public to the Black Knights, and if so, what they thought of them.
>>
The ending was good but it was sad as fuck.

Should it be rewatched despite this, because S3 is coming???
>>
>>150317287
I will never understand why people thought this was in any way atonement or a permanent solution to the world's problems.

It was just a temporary stopgate.
>>
>>150317287
Thanks for spoiling the ending for me.
>>
S3 will probably take place hundreds of years after S2.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (144KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
144KB, 1024x768px
Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Lelouch vi Britannia? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Pre-Geass Lelouch. I’m not talking about Post-Geass R1 Lelouch either. I’m talking about Perfect-Cart Driver sage of the Geass Order of Legendary Rulers Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Lelouch vi Britannia with the Eternal Immortality of Code, Complete Domination, Geass Eyes of Eternal Loyalty, and Geass Doujutsus, equipped with his Final Ultimate Super Fighting Knightmare Frame while commanding Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his right-hand officer, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand through Schneizel, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Black Knight’s Ultimate Fighting RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye’s spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken, as well as having the Ultimate Legendary Britannia army under his full command, with each Round Knights possessing nearly 20% of each power Lelouch himself has, while being backed up by Rolo whose heart has been connected to a perpetually running heart-pump in order to achieve infinite time-stop while Lelouch himself can move through the frozen time.
>>
File: 1477588159737.png (61KB, 321x321px) Image search: [Google]
1477588159737.png
61KB, 321x321px
>>150317287
Is it confirmed a new season now and not a movie? Last I checked, which I guess was a day or two ago, it was just confirmed to be not pachinko.
>>
File: wtfman.png (291KB, 640x574px) Image search: [Google]
wtfman.png
291KB, 640x574px
>>150317452
>>150317481
>>150317489

I smell samefagging
>>
>>150325332
Hold on, I'm confusing this and the Panty and Stocking thing.

Still, is it a season 3? And do we even know if it's a direct sequel?
>>
>>150325374
The format hasn't been decided, but it will be a direct sequel and it will either be a TV series or movie. Lelouch is confirmed to be the protagonist once again as well.
>>
>>150324777
Thanks man.
>>
>>150317287
I feel happy
>>
File: 1474591553443.gif (554KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1474591553443.gif
554KB, 250x188px
>>150325541
Well, this sure is gonna be something.
>>
Now that it's confirmed that R3 will start with Jewgi getting assassinated, how do you feel?
>>
File: Zero.jpg (59KB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
Zero.jpg
59KB, 400x319px
>>150317287
Lol, it's not pointless at all. Here's why

It was painfully obvious Lelouch got Charles' Code. When Nunnally touched his hand she saw his memories which is something only a Code user can do. Anyone who chose to look away from this is ignorant. Why would him coming back be pointless in your eyes? In my eyes, the ending seemed a bit too optimistic. World peace is a myth. Sure the world could get along for a while due to his death, but that would never last long, and I believe that will be due to Suzaku. He basically was in charge of the world after he killed Lelouch, and he is nowhere near Lelouch's level. He and Nunnally are too naïve and aren't clever enough to keep the world from turning on each other.

There's also one of my theories where a new code user was born from the collective unconscious and threw the world into chaos. His immortality created a cult following and the world goes into a giant war.

Both cases are Lelouch coming back to fix shit. Because he is basically the only one on the planet who can wage war on the world and win. No one else can do what he can do. He's that much of a badass.
>>
>>150318730
This. World Peace is a myth.
>>
>>150319774
>Lelouch died
>World Peace for all eternity
>Happy ending.

It was a hard hitting and good ending. But it's underlying reason was flat out retarded.
>>
File: 1480238050369.jpg (55KB, 461x511px) Image search: [Google]
1480238050369.jpg
55KB, 461x511px
>>150317837
Except Code Geass is actually a pretty clever show up until R2, and even R2 had it's moments.

Also the characters aren't complete garbage
>>
>>150319774
They should just bring back Keroro.
>>
>>150319493
Suzaku was sort of this one weirdo, I think it was more just a stylish exaggeration to show off how much more competent he was.

He doesn't even pull it out too much.
>>
>>150325641
>>150325541
Essentially, they're gonna have 2 movies to cover what happened in the first two season, then have the Season 3
>>
>>150317287
>just so autistic weaboos will eat this shit up and buy all the merchandise

OP I don't want to hurt your ego or anything but Japanese companies generally don't make their anime for weeaboos. They make them for the Japanese.

>>150321953
>i remember they teased some kind of subplot of why suzaku could use lancelot and had superhuman abilities and then dropped it

He was supposed to have some kind of connection to geass. Hopefully they'll pick that up in R3.
>>
>>150326010
>I think it was more just a stylish exaggeration to show off how much more competent he was
You're retarded. Lelouch straight up says a human can't do what Suzaku does. His physical abilities are literally superhuman--to match Lelouch's intelligence.
>>
>>150317646
but I use mpv
>>
>>150317287
The story was shit from the beginning. I don't see how they could possibly make it any worse.
>>
>>150318409
Thats naruto shit. I will not accept it
>>
>>150325304
6/10
Would have been better if you had managed this pasta while staying 100% in cannon
>>
Are we code geass yet?
>>
Just finished the series for the first time

Damn that was good, really fucking good
>>
>>150317287
Code Geass has always been garbage.
>>
>>150327319
No man, I just finished it. That was like the greatest shit ever
>>
>>150327319
Pretty much this.
>>
What's funny is people were saying the dub is bad
I watched the dub, it was fucking amazing

I think people have a problem with dubs because they're overweight autists
>>
>>150327414
The CG dub is objectively inferior to the original.
>>
>>150327414
Why does the people who watch dubbed anime need to tell everyone that their choice matter?
>>
File: 1478350600715.png (752KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1478350600715.png
752KB, 1000x1000px
JIBUN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>150327319
(you)
>>
>>150327573
I asked on here whether or not I should watch the dub, like 5 people told me they'd rather read scrolling text

The dub was good, I honestly don't understand their problem. I think they have some sort of superiority complex for having watched the unfiltered original. Like modern art enthusiasts gloating over the hidden meanings in splattered paint
>>
>>150317646
Anonymous likes this post.
>>
>>150327633
It's because the original voice acting sounds better and missing out on it would be awful

Does that answer your question?
>>
File: 795617-9-1273066909091.jpg (48KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
795617-9-1273066909091.jpg
48KB, 320x224px
my brain tells me no but my heart tells me jibun wo
>>
>>150317287
Lulu is literally dead though.
>>
>>150327633
>You: Hey guys should I watch this show dubbed?
>Just watch the sub since its better.
>You: Never mind I'll just watch the dubbed version instead.
>You: Wtf guys the dub is good and you guys are just overweight autists with superiority complex because you guys prefer watching, hearing and reading at the same time.
>>
>>150327633
>I asked on here whether or not I should watch the dub
newfags

they have no shame

no shame at all
>>
>They have ruined one of my all time favourite anime
CG has to be the most overrated piles of absolute shit I have ever seen. What the fuck are you puffing?
>>
>>150319148
You know it's gonna tank hard just like DRRR x2 did. They only waited like 10 fucking years and nobody over there gives a shit about it anymore. Everyone's all wet for SnK now.
>>
File: 1480128878633.jpg (290KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480128878633.jpg
290KB, 960x720px
>>150327911
>post 2011 new-wave otaku weeb
absolutely abhorrent

You're like the type of faggot who considers himself an """otaku""" and then says "I've HEARD of Evangelion. But I've never seen it lol!"
>>
>>150319477
Toonami funded FLCL's TV run so you know that one's going to be the worst.
>>
File: 1446012936362.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1446012936362.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
>>150317646
>>
>>150327978
Stop making these threads they only attract plebbit fags like this guy.
>>
>>150328048
Stop making these threads they only attract tryhard newfags like this guy.
>>
>>150327380
>>150327602
>I watched it on [as] ten million years ago so that makes it the greatest thing ever!!
Kill thyself
>>
>>150327414
Johnny Yong Bosch cannot act if he were playing McDonald's cashier #3. Fuck off.
>>
>>150328063
>I can't into English
>but I'll shitpost anyway
End thineself.
>>
>>150328061
You know it's a plebbit fag when they reply like this.
>>
>>150328122
You know it's a newfag from plebbit when they reply like this.
>>
>>150327732
>>150327863
It's all on what your ears prefer.

You heard English audio first = English audio is better
You heard Jap audio first = Jap audio is better

I yearn for the day /a/ will come to accept this.
>>
>legitimate autists butthurt about something we've been wanting for years
Cry more, CRY MOAR! I need more sodium chloride in my diet.
>>
>>150328154
What's the matter? Feeling backed into a corner without your downvote feature?
>>
>>150328001
see >>150328063
It's the nostalgia talking, you don't actually like it.
>>
>>150328185
What's the matter? Scared because a tru-oldfag saw through your facade?
>>
>>150317287
Now you know how Madokafans felt when Rebellion was announced.
>>
File: tumblr_n4m64ssRdl1sk1rjvo1_500.jpg (49KB, 495x450px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4m64ssRdl1sk1rjvo1_500.jpg
49KB, 495x450px
The ending doesn't matter you fat fucking weebs, what matters is how the new season going to be.
>>
>>150328165
They're acting like CG was some revolutionary culture/media-changing thing with some of the most phenomenal political commentary of all time, when anybody who's studied both film and politics for four years would laugh you right out of the room for claiming so.

CG is garbage. If you have fun with it by all means, but don't act like it's anything but.
>>
File: 1478512879460.jpg (104KB, 610x799px) Image search: [Google]
1478512879460.jpg
104KB, 610x799px
>>150328195
i rewatched code gayass like 5 times, the 5th time being a year ago

go fuck yourself m8

if you go around ((hating)) on CG, a show you just forced yourself to watch in order to fit in, you're a legit newfag or an insufferable contrarian faggot
>>
>>150328257
>muh useless degree
>>
File: 1441000788114.jpg (58KB, 450x800px) Image search: [Google]
1441000788114.jpg
58KB, 450x800px
>>150328234
>It's a /a/ is still trying to convince themselves Rebellion was even remotely bad episode
>>
>>150328267
Agreed.
>>
File: 1478692433320.png (183KB, 386x366px) Image search: [Google]
1478692433320.png
183KB, 386x366px
>>150327633
Everyone else seems to have covered it, but I just want to emphasize that your opinion is objectively wrong. You should rewatch it in subs.

>mfw someone reads slow near me

Don't even pretend this isn't the real reason why you like dubs
>>
>>150328321
The reason I like an English dub is because I speak English.

Also, English voice actors have greater range and variation, simply because they're white.
>>
>>150328257
> I'm a smart ass who got bullied in high school
>>
File: Story of every SMT game.jpg (4KB, 120x126px) Image search: [Google]
Story of every SMT game.jpg
4KB, 120x126px
>>150328267
Some people just hate fun anon.
>>
>>150328321
i watch dubs because i dont speak fucking moon runes
>>
>>150328225
>Scared because a tru-oldfag saw through your facade?
Ok I cringed hard here.
>>
>>150328508
>>150328391
Is this fucking plebbit or what? Get out, amerilards.
>>
>>150328391
There's nothing wrong with wanting to learn Japanese vocabulary, and then eventually teach yourself the Japanese language full on (if you don't want to waste money on impossible-to-find classes). In fact that's what makes subbed anime cooler: to get more engrossed into Japanese culture and to learn a new language. With that said, I don't fervently hate dubs like most of /a/ or really anyone else for that matter does. I'll watch em when I'm tired and don't feel like reading subtitles. Plus I do grow some enjoyment listening to a couple of those voices over the years.
>>
>>150328560
>get more engrossed into Japanese culture
Why though? I love my own culture
>>
>>150328508
>>150328533
Por que no los dos
>>
>>150318840
>>150320937
No fuck you. Even If I don't watch this shit will be canon which shits on the ending. I don't care if its made I care that its being canonized.
>>
File: 2489614.png (209KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
2489614.png
209KB, 390x390px
>>150328391
I bet it takes you 5 seconds to read this sentence. Too slow.

Nah, last I heard an English dub they had no sense of tone, emotion or volume. Shit's so wonky, I don't know how you don't lose any emotional connection the story just by listening to it. Especially screaming and crying scenes. Just awful.
>>150328508
Don't even have to speak moonrunes, I didn't when I started. I recognized how awful and unnatural dubs sounded once I gleaned a bit of Japanese language knowledge, just by listening. It's a pretty good feeling. Why wouldn't you want to listen to it how the author intended? Dubs often butcher the mood of scenes. Except Cowboy Bebop. Steve Blum is a blessing. Just trust me onii-chan, you'll look back and wonder if you were deaf.
>>
Does nobody get that most shows are written for japanese voice acting The way they're dramatically done in the language, there's no way english will ever capture that type of emotion. While I agree there are some nice dubs out there, you won't get the full code geass experience with a dub. They can't act out the exaggerated voice acting the nips do.
>>
>>150328697
I watched both the sub and dub and felt nothing that made one better than the other, except that I can watch one without losing all sense of what is going on when I have to glance away for a moment.

That being said I'll have to watch subs on R3 anyway because I'll be damned if I'm waiting for dub.
>>
>>150328718
Sentence structure and phrasing is often pretty weird too.
>>
>>150328164
I've watched both and watched it in English first and the English dub is objectively inferior. Lulu is the only one who's fun to listen to because his VA hams up the performance. In comparison the Japanese dub is full of legitimately good performances.
>>
>>150328697
Which one was it? Also consider some people are dyslexic.
>>150328718
Most shows. But shows like Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Kekkai Sensen take place in a western setting therefore making it more appropriate for the English language.
>>
>>150328782
Learn to read faster. Try spreeder.com, helps you build it up. Never used it cause I'm a genius though. I've never felt lost reading subs cause my reading speed is fast. Any anons who do feel like they have to glance back and forth like you do, I figure it's the reading speed. Eventually you end up understanding the common words and looking at the subs for the ones you don't get. Or you just learn Japanese entirely.
>>
>>150328818
>>150328888
Also dubs tend to work out better in comedies, where sad emotions aren't needed except for like one or two scenes. Take PASWG for example.
>>
>listen to Lelouch when he gets really into something and his voice deepens
>flush a bit, breath heavier, start sweating, heart rate increases
Uh
What is this?
>>
File: 1401958599436.gif (314KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1401958599436.gif
314KB, 512x384px
>>150328904
>I'm a genius
So anon says, I guess.
>>
>>150328888
Cowboy Bebop is superior in dub.
Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 I can go both ways. English stumbles at some places in translation, but it's minor. However, it does nail the emotion.
Haven't watched the last one.
>>
>>150328904
you absolute retard, I don't have any problems with reading speed

I have a problem when I have to respond to a text or pet my dog or something and then suddenly I have no idea what's going on because I glanced away and the scene changed and they were speaking fucking moon runes.
>>
>>150317287
Fuck that, I just want more CG and Lelouch.
The ONLY way I'll get disappointed is if R3 isn't a big fucking trainwreck like R1 and R2.
>>
>>150328935
hahahahaha DEGENERATE FAGGOT
>>
>>150328888
I don't consider dyslexia when shit posting. I don't remember what dub I watched but I remember that dumb Gamergate fiasco with the prison school dub. Dub companies inserting their politics into shit. Truthfully, the main reason why I hate dubs is actually that all the female voices are either middle aged, bitch or crackly voice pretending to be a loli with no in-between. There's no cute. NONE. The most important thing in an anime is that I am allowed to listen to my cute girl voices in peace.
>>
>>150317287
I hope they go pure romance and it's just about lelouch and cc being in love
>>
>>150328818
JYB is one of the few decent English VAs. I guess it's because no line can be too embarrassing to say in a recording booth after running around in a spandex leotard.
>>
>>150328963
Wow that's rude. I even said I was a genius.

Maybe you should stop being a distracted faggot and pay attention to the show. Or just skip back. Really not that annoying.
>>
>>150328697
>Dubs are fucking terrible. Except for this one show that I personally like the dub of.
>>
The enemy won't be Britannia, don't you remember how Lelouch castrated Britannia and Schneizel destroyed the capital? If anything, Britannia will be the underdog and the scapegoat for the rest of the world's problems.
>>
>>150329082
or, you know, I could just watch the dub and circumvent the whole issue

for an apparent genius, you do things in a pretty inefficient and roundabout manner
>>
>>150329140
>I want to watch anime but I don't want to actually look at the screen

Hmm... am I really being roundabout or is it you?
>>
>>150329057
>I remember that dumb Gamergate fiasco with the prison school dub
That one was cringy and horrible but that's only because the one who wrote the dub script is a known femanazi. Both of them.

I agree with what you're saying about the women, I think it's harder for them because the female Japanese seiyuu have like years of vocal training to get their voices that high. American VAs have very little if any training in that department. The men have it easier off because it's a lot easier to imitate bishies.
>>
>>150329101
Most dubs really are terrible. Especially if they come from Sentai Filmworks. But there's always at least one obligatory "it's actually good" one out there. Even if it's Ghost Stories.
>>
File: 1480273267893.jpg (245KB, 756x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1480273267893.jpg
245KB, 756x1001px
>yfw everyone who recognises now immortal Lulu shits himself and calls Lelouch a demon (complete with his own immortal witch)
>>
>>150329184
Sorry, I forgot that it must be a pretty foreign concept to you to have these little things called "interruptions."

Lucky you, though, being able to sit around and watch anime, not having to worry about getting a text message or phone call. Must be a pretty meaningful existence.
>>
>>150329191
I don't think English dubs are bad just because they are English dubs, if there was more funding available for voice actors, or if it were just a more lucrative career in general we'd see more talent, and better dubs. As it stands now dubs are in the shitter. Cheap work, cheap product
>>
>>150329253
Still cheap, but I think they have improved since the 90's.
>>
cant quite sure why people love to killing their brain for bollocks.
>>
File: 1478689886452.jpg (19KB, 305x315px) Image search: [Google]
1478689886452.jpg
19KB, 305x315px
>>150329249
>I-I'm cooler than you. I-I get so many texts I literally can't even enjoy anime. >What? I can't pause. I'll forget what happened. Skip backwards? Hold on, I have to take my ritalin.

Pathetic. How do you even live?
>>
>>150329332
But have you really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>150329249
Not him, but you can just rewind the episode if you get interrupted you know.
Hell, I do it whenever there's a good scene and I want to replay it immediately.
>>
>>150328818
I thought Nunally's dub voice actress did a great job, at first she sounds like a lisping 6 year old, but I assume it's to empathize that she is a pampered crippled blind girl who used to be royalty. Then slowly she changes her voice and by the final episode her speech has matured a lot when she argues with Lelouch. Then he geass her and she goes back to her old childish voice and mannerism, probably the way Lelouch prefers her to be. I still prefer her Japanese voice actress though.
>>
>>150329332
>cant quite sure
>killing their brain
>>
>>150329235
it is called lelouch of the revival

it'd be funny if a bunch of the cast are celebrating the day of his death, pissing on his grave and shit, when suddenly a thin, frail, disturbingly familiar hand reaches out of the ground.

many would need new underwear
>>
>>150329384
>I do it whenever there's a good scene and I want to replay it immediately.

Me too. Sometimes it takes me ages to get through a single episode.
>>
>dubfags already infesting Geass threads
No wonder why /a/ is dead.
>>
>>150329384
Or, and here's a rather out-of-the-box idea, I could make myself NOT have to do that by downloading the dub in the first place.

>>150329374
I live by having human interaction, responsibilities, and having the common sense to consume media in the language that I'm most familiar with. It's a pretty good life, actually.
>>
>>150329434
Consider your safe space interrupted by those who don't think like you do.
>>
File: Schneizel_shocked.png (275KB, 640x446px) Image search: [Google]
Schneizel_shocked.png
275KB, 640x446px
>>150329477
>I live by having human interaction
>>
>>150329477
I'm surprised you have any of that with your autistic obsession with saving 4 seconds of pausing and rewinding.

Such a non-argument. "I do normal things lel that's why I don't watch subssssss"
>>
>>150329609
I ain't him but, dubs ain't so bad every once in a blue moon.
>>
>>150329477
If you have to answer the phone or the door or the dog is doing shit, I doubt the dub will make any difference.
I'll admit to watching enough anime on the side while playing a game etc, but for the ones I'm really interested in, I don't want to miss anything to distractions.
If I have to so much as alt tab for a few seconds, I'm going to pause/rewind that shit.
Because I want to appreciate that episode.
>>
>>150329609
I watch subs when no dub is available or the dub legitimately sucks, but when a dub is at the very least tolerable I will watch it over the sub every time, because yes, by opting to watch the dub I save myself unnecessary effort and frustration.

It isn't something that I have to carefully execute to "shave off those 4 seconds for maximum efficiency autism," I just type a D instead of an S and it saves me effort. That's literally all I have to do.

I don't see why this is such a difficult thing.
>>
>>150317646
>just close your eyes, nigga
>>
>>150329678
I'm a bit of a purist, just like hearing things as they were made
>>150329687
I'm just busting your balls about the autism. All that 'hassle' is not a big of a deal as you seem to think. If you were to watch a sub without distractions it wouldn't be so bad. It's just the best way to experience the medium. Easiest way isn't the best way and all that. Some people don't care about that and it's fine. (It's not). But when you say the dub is fine you gotta realize that people have different standards than you
>>
>>150328289
I maintain that Rebellion is a masterpiece that I rewatch on the regular
>>
reminder that you are old and people who were in their diapers when original Code Geass aired are now old enough to post on 4chan
>>
>dubfags

This place has gone to shit.
>>
>>150329888
>diapers at 8

Is something you want to tell us anon?
>>
>>150329924
Why do you care so much about what language people you don't know watch their cartoons in?
>>
>>150329948
Why do you care when someone hits a nail with the back end of a hammer?
>>
>>150329931
>"""

Out.
>>
>>150329845
I get that, I'd imagine subs are much better than dubs.

Y'know, if you speak moon runes, Like how I don't.

You see, there might be some sort of inherent artistic value in watching the original medium, but I can't appreciate a bit of it if all I hear is "konihimiwa dokiwadesuka" the whole time.

Therefore, even though having to pause and rewind more often is a minor annoyance, it is avoidable annoyance by just watching the dub - which I personally lose nothing by watching over the sub.
>>
>>150329958
That's awful, but that's not my business and two entirely different situations.
Why are you such an Edgy McEdgeedge and not answering my very simple question?
>>
>>150317287
You are foolish. Code Geass ending with Lelouch dying is fine for him as a person, but it's not a good solution for the world. Not to mention he was always rumored to survive, so you're being silly.

It's only been "ruined" if you're a dumb idiot.
>>
>>150329477
>>150329249
I very much doubt that by watching a shitty dub suddenly you are able to pick up on what the characters are saying and what's going on in the story while also paying attention to the text you're sending or the person you're answering the phone call

It's easier to just press space to pause the fucking video as soon as an interruption arises, which is what normal people do. You're not "circumventing" anything by watching a dub, a distraction is a distraction, you're just being a contrarian edgelord. Eat shit.
>>
>>150317837
Show was a mix of good and bad. So bad it's good is a very simplistic and moronic description that doesn't really tell the whole story at all
>>
>>150318281
They ruined nothing. The ending still exists as the conclusion to Lelouch's life up to that point and the end of Britannia's power as an empire.
>>
File: 1452051109054.png (102KB, 232x235px) Image search: [Google]
1452051109054.png
102KB, 232x235px
>retards not realizing they're getting baited by someone pretending to be an unironic dubfag
nu-/a/ everyone
>>
>>150329959
This ain't your safe space you little BITCH.
>>
>>150330047
The other day some anon complained about how Euphie died just from fighting the power of geass. You just know he was some dipshit checking his phone constantly while "watching" the show on x1.5 speed.
>>
>>150318330
Not gonna happen, because the creators are not as edgy as you.
>>
>>150330093
That one's definitely baiting, not hard to tell. I think most unironics keep it to themselves because of, well, I think you and I both know when and why your behavior spirals out of control.
>>
>>150329974
I don't speak it all that well, but I was able to learn some by watching. You just get comfortable with it after a while. All that nip nong makes sense and just sounds better. Eh, maybe one day you'll just get it. It's an acquired taste
>>
>>150330104
Go spout your memes somewhere else, cunt.
>>
>>150330104
You're right, this isn't a safe space from retards so unfortunately we still have people like you here.
>>
WHO CARES

JIBUUUNNN WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>150318398
Both shows had parts that were good and parts that were retarded. Code Geass R2 simply had more retarded stuff than expected, but they still balanced things out on occasion. The ending was unrealistic as hell, yet was fitting as a point of conclusion for the conflicts of the characters. So the show wasn't necessarily liked only for good or for bad, there's a combination of both even in terms of this board.
>>
>>150330138
stop replying to the shitty troll
>>
>>150318847
That was actually a cool moment. Silly, but cool.
>>
>>150330001
...I'm saying when someone is doing something wrong you have an urge to fix it. Guess it was too deep 4 u?
>>
>>150330047
Yes, such a contrarian edge lord by preferring to consume media in the language I actually speak.

Normal people obviously chose to consume media in a language that they don't know so they can take in the wonderful experience that is constantly reading the bottom of the screen. You certainly showed me the true way.

>>150330138
After about a decade of anime consumption, I learned that mizu means water.
>>
>>150330138
>>150330174
I'll watch in Japanese when I'm earnest, but when I'm rewatching a show and feeling lethargic that's when I go English.
>>
File: 1475293355793.png (143KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475293355793.png
143KB, 800x1000px
>>150330206
>>
File: 1474662152459.png (136KB, 285x271px) Image search: [Google]
1474662152459.png
136KB, 285x271px
>>150330204
>After about a decade of anime consumption, I learned that mizu means water.

So you're just retarded then, which explains your posts.

Oh no, I'm sorry, you're only pretending, that's right.

Get the fuck outta here and back to /v/ with your "epic" trolling.
>>
>>150330217
I hope that masturbation session's going well for you.
>>150330195
If somebody has a pain fetish and are enjoying themselves don't take their sick joy away from them. That's just rude.
>>
>>150330231
Holy fuck, you're obvious.
>>
>>150320122

Almost none of those are bad things. They're often silly and ridiculous, but they work for various purposes.

Pizza Hut is bad? No, you moron. It was simply product placement that they used for jokes too. You're meant to laugh or smile at it.

Dude wasn't blind either. He has other glasses in other photos. So that's an outright lie.

What was wrong with the bomb? The color or the visual effect? Really?

Brainwashing the Royal family wasn't possible until he had them right in front of him. What are you even on about? All that does is get them out of his way.

Charles just wanted Geass version of the Evangelion.

Blindness from psychological trauma is a thing.

Pizza Hut
>>
>>150330204
>decade of exposure to a language
>only pick up one word

If you're serious and not just trolling, it sounds like you have a legit learning disability there.
>>
>>150330259
Pounding a metal nail into a wall not a fingernail nostradumbass
>>
>>150330254
I'll have you know that my linguistic intelligence is only slightly below average.

In all seriousness, I probably would have picked up more if I'd actually been trying to.
>>
>>150321372
That's bullshit, given that Tamaki is the only retarded one there on the list.

Kallen has normal intelligence for a 17 year old girl who isn't a princess.
>>
>>150330138
By replying seriously to shitty bait posts, people who are genuinely retarded and consume dubs will come in here thinking they have friends.
>>
File: 1474686743733.png (720KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1474686743733.png
720KB, 960x540px
>>150330311
>legit learning disability
>10 years
>still hasn't learned that dubs are for peasants and kids
You got that right
>>
>>150330312
Oh well, don't be an asshole to Tim Allen then. Whatever. What difference does it make?
>>
>>150327414
Code Geass had a good dub.
>>
>>150330347
We're all children for watching cartoons.
>>
>>150330348
>Dubfag banter
Gb2gaia
>>
>>150317287
You could just, you know, not watch it
>>
>>150330370
Good epic self-depricating meme, you ironic nu-weeb piece of twitter-using shit.
>>
>>150330372
I don't know what gives you the vibe I'm a dubfag, I'm just saying who the fuck cares when it's the same exact show and who are you to tell someone else what to like?
>>
>>150330389
>He screams as he covers his ears not wanting to hear anyone who isn't exactly like him
>>
File: 1478216947293.png (591KB, 800x3830px) Image search: [Google]
1478216947293.png
591KB, 800x3830px
>>150330321
Yeah, okay Kallenfag.
>>
>>150317287
It seems you didn't really understand the premise of Code Geass then.

It was about Lelouch using underhanded methods to try and make the world better.

Not about him dying, and especially not about all conflict ending forever upon his death.

What the final plan requires is for the world to believe that Lelouch the Demon is dead. That's all. It doesn't need him to be literally dead.

Things moved forward in the temporary peace he created. That's valuable, but it isn't going to last forever. Other problems will also continue happen.

Remnants of Britannia isn't going to be part of the story, because Britannia still exists. It's still a nation, albeit probably less powerful and contained. Like Germany after WWI and (better example) WWII.

Why Lelouch would or wouldn't want to take action isn't something we can actually discuss at this point, so stop whining.
It's also likely that Lelouch only survived against his will or will be revived using other methods, so don't blame him for whatever happens next.
>>
File: mio pokerface.jpg (53KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
mio pokerface.jpg
53KB, 300x300px
>>150327414
>>150327633
>haven't been to /a/ since late 2013
>come back today because of CG announcement, hoping that my dreams of re-living 2007 /a/ CG threads might become a reality, even if the threads are a mere shadow of their 2007 selves
>I read this shit
>this is what I come back to after 3 years

I fucking hate this world and the human worms feasting on its carcass.
>>
>>150330406
>who are you to tell someone else what to like
A user on an anonymous finnish car wrenching discussion board. Your point?
>>
>>150330406
Why is a pleb with no appreciation of the finer things talking to me? GUARDS
>>
>>150330485
Well I'm not going to listen to you and like whatever I want. I hope that very fact eats you inside until you eventually commit suicide.
>>
File: naniittendakonobicchi.png (17KB, 159x167px) Image search: [Google]
naniittendakonobicchi.png
17KB, 159x167px
>>150330493
>>
>>150330504
Because I want you to shit yourself upon the sheer terror that you are, in fact, not the only one here.
>>
>>150330514
Do whatever you want, just be aware that you completely lose all rights to complain when people call you out for being the sort of person that takes a dump in the morning then looks down at what they just produced and thinks that it might be tasty if spread on toast.
>>
>>150330532
Good to know that your life amounts to nothing more than being a contrarian faggot in a place where nobody's opinions matter, you sure got 'em sonny jim
>>
>>150330544
You're saying that as if I interact with people. Ha ha ha.
>>
>>150330570
>where nobody's opinions matter
Then why do mine trigger you this much?
>>
Thread got derailed, trainwrecks are already happening and the show isn't even out yet.

What does your ideal R3 look like? Or what do you think it'll be like. I really liked the idea someone had about a travelling C.C and Lelouch. Maybe quelling conflicts before they become a threat to world peace.
>>
File: 1439900293342.jpg (73KB, 756x567px) Image search: [Google]
1439900293342.jpg
73KB, 756x567px
>>150330601
Being on 4chan is already engaging in pointlessness, might as well go balls deep

Now stop being a retard and fuck off with your epic meme "trigger" buzzword
>>
>>150318281
I'm still mad about E7 AO
>>
File: 1399153241477.jpg (47KB, 680x862px) Image search: [Google]
1399153241477.jpg
47KB, 680x862px
>>150330467
It's dead, man. I miss it too.
>>
>>150330670
ssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dewey was wrong, Renton and Eureka are perfectly capable of having children together, so can Anemone and Dominic who are still alive, and they all gave birth to beautiful babies and are living happily ever after. The end.

jej
>>
Anybody have a copy or link to the announcement?
>>
>>150330110
>"watching" the show on x1.5 speed
Wait, wait, hold up. You're saying this like there's people that actually do this.
>>
>>150330643
At this point the only conclusion that's possible is that the world goes to shit in the aftermath of Zero Requiem and Lelouch has to fix it, hence his need to come back/resurrect.

The most logical way the season would go is for him to conclude that the world's always going to fuck up his plans. Thus he's presented with the choice of either accepting anarchy and decay, or becoming the planet's eternal ruler and guaranteeing order.
>>
>>150330712
Oh yeah, every time it comes up, a whole bunch of people say they do it.
>>
>>150330734
How many of them are serious though and not just epice trolles feeding on (you)'s

I don't see any reason to do this unless you're watching a show you know is garbage-tier, in which case I have to wonder why you're watching it at all, or if you just plain don't like anime, and the same applies.
>>
>>150329974
Are you American, by chance?
>>
>>150330860
If he's an unironic dubfag then there's no doubt that he's american since americans are the only ones autistic enough to dub absolutely fucking everything, they just can't leave anything unmolested. They have to burger the fuck out of absolutely everything.

I'm surprised they don't dub over fucking gordon ramsay at this point.
>>
>>150317287
>Implying that there isn't a extremist faction out to kill his sister so he has to go save her
The "Let's make everyone hate me and then kill me to bring world peace" plan is a stupid and not a well thought out plan.
>>
File: IMG_3529.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3529.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>>150317287
Wow you sure know how to cry OP and the truth is it's because you're spoiled. If you enjoyed the ending the the original series all you have to do is pretend the new series doesn't exist if in fact you don't like it. Truthfully in my opinion this Hot Topic goth pandering anime doesn't deserve another season. While you're crying over this other fans of series who actually would enjoy new content probably think you just look petty. What about series like Carnival Phantasm, Railgun, Madoka, Seto no Hanayome, Yosuga no Sora? You know, anime that actually deserves a second season. Obviously you don't care because all you can think about is yourself. I hope this new series tanks and goes down in history as one of the worst anime ever.
>>
>>150330897
>>>/int/
>>
>>150330897
It must hurt so much thinking that everyone has to think like you or else the world's gonna come crashing down. Sad!
>>
File: 12ic6x.jpg (16KB, 540x489px) Image search: [Google]
12ic6x.jpg
16KB, 540x489px
>>150317287
>MUH LULU DIED FOR MY SINS
Faggot. You were told years ago he's become like C2 and you retards egged on about delusion. Now that it's canon and you got BTFO eternally, eat shit and get cancer.
>>
File: 7zdVMLm.jpg (43KB, 593x708px) Image search: [Google]
7zdVMLm.jpg
43KB, 593x708px
>>150317287
I'm still waiting for new season of Gundam Seed
>>
>>150330968
>but muh sacrifice
Only a mentally retarded teenager could believe one man's death could possibly unite the world forever. Hitler's death only postponed and granulated the conflicts we see today. Humans never change.
>>
>>150330733
>The most logical way
Not happening. Lelouch becomes galactic emperor after utterly checkmating an invading alien force who disrupts Nunnally's safety. He then brings peace to the universe too, so that no alien fucks even look at Nunnally.
>>
>>150321372
List needs to be revised. Tohdoh a shit, why is he ranked so high? You telling me Shougo and Chiba had no fucking loyalty? How is Ohgi's charisma higher than Diethard? How the fuck does Rakshata have any charisma at all? Tamaki's loyalty should be maxed and his combat ability should be higher than fucking Ohgi's. Minami should have just as high loyalty as Kento.

The guy who made this should be stabbed and killed.
>>
>>150317287
Lelouch knows better when it's time to appear, you fucking faggot.

ALL HAIL LELOUCH
>>
>>150331010
How the fuck did Chiba have any loyalty? She never liked Zero.
>>
File: cat.png (256KB, 437x360px) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
256KB, 437x360px
>>150330988
Why would anybody care?
>>
File: IMG_5699.jpg (77KB, 627x353px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5699.jpg
77KB, 627x353px
>>150330988
Dubs confirm.
>>
>>150330988
Don't feel bad about it. There's nothing wrong with it, it's the same exact show in a different language.
>>
>>150331025
You sure seem to. I mean you've been telling him to kill himself for the past hour.
>>
File: IMG_5700.gif (412KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5700.gif
412KB, 480x270px
>>150331025
Exactly! It doesn't affect anybody else!
>>
>>150330467
4chan went to shit years ago, pal
>>
>>150331051
I'm sorry, you got me confused with someone else.
>>150330860
is my first post in this thread

But this isn't a board for his dub-blogposts.
>>
File: raughs.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
raughs.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>>150331030
>>150331083
>>150330988
Avatarfagging is against global rules.
>>
>>150327414
First America RUINS DBZ, then now they ruin Code Geass.

When will the horror show end?
>>
>>150317287
I guess they can now ruin the only thing that even R2 didn't manage to.
>>
>>150331094
What do you have against Squid Girl? What did she ever do to you? You've gotta be squiddin me right now!
>>
Why would you watch the Geass dub, of all dubs? You're missing out on Jun Fukuyama's glorious voice.
>>
File: IMG_3549.jpg (55KB, 740x414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3549.jpg
55KB, 740x414px
>>150331087
I hate to break it to you but /a/ was always shit pal but you keep coming back.
>>
>>150331103
CG didn't go through massive censorship like DBZ did. In fact it wasn't censored at all. What the hell you smoking?
>>
>>150331094
But you just avatar fagged fagget? Just don't go overboard.
>>
>>150331126
Why would you watch the Geass dub, of all dubs? You're missing out on Jun Fukuyama's glorious voice.

Stupid American pigs.
>>
>>150331108
Pretty mediocre anime.
>>
>>150331106
The ending of R2 is still the ending of R2.

This would be a separate thing. Votoms has a great TV ending even though they later made a weaker OVA known as Shining Heresy which didn't end too well. But then they made Alone Again, which was pretty good.

So with this S3 or movie sequel to CG, it depends, they could come up with a better ending now or at least a better season even if it has a lesser end. Or maybe it'll alternate.
>>
>>150331116
I don't give a shit about CG, it's retardedly overrated. But what I'm saying is that 90's era dubs are no more and it really isn't as bad as it used to be.
>>
>>150331146
Nice opinion mr opinion man.
>>
>>150331142
Yeah I heard you the first time and I'll tell you the second time >>150331152
>>
>>150331152
CG does have absurd overrating, but it also has absurd underrating (so both 1/10 and 10/10 are stupid scores to give it).
>>
>>150331151
>Votoms
My faith in Japan writing good Code Geass is nonexistent, especially a sequel that only exists to milk the shit out of the fanbase.
>>
Madoka >>> Geass this is actually a fact.
>>
>>150331209
>muh urobuchi
>muh fate/zero
>>
File: 1428416821221.jpg (132KB, 650x890px) Image search: [Google]
1428416821221.jpg
132KB, 650x890px
>>150331209
And I can also confirm that Homu is, in fact, best Dokes.
>>
>>150331257
I want to slap her around a few times just to see if she's cry or get mad first
>>
>>150331194
Votoms was/is being milked too, with mixed results.

Let me re-state.

I am saying that Votoms had Shining Heresy, a lesser sequel (which was only made for milking reasons) that opened an already concluded story even past its perfectly acceptable ending, and gave it something inferior as a continuation (and also pissed off the shippers who were happy with the TV ending of Votoms).

And yet, despite this mistake, they still made some good Votoms stuff again later on. As well as some weaker stuff. It's not uniform in quality.

I am not praising the writing quality of Japan or Sunrise per se. Just saying that, by logical extrapolation, any Code Geass sequels would also have some good and some bad results.

It's silly to say it'll all be bad or all good just because of a sequel getting made that didn't need to exist. It could easily be better than R2 during one or more of those attempts.
>>
>>150317287
you're telling this in a series where first season ended with brainwash and return to status quo?
>>
File: 1477151134048.jpg (362KB, 700x998px) Image search: [Google]
1477151134048.jpg
362KB, 700x998px
>>
>>150331168
Yes. He asked what I have against the anime, and I find it mediocre.

>>150331190
You're right.
>>
>>150331295
Well, that was only partially the case. Nunnally went away and Lelouch barely saw her again much later, Suzaku gained more power and lost more of his morality. BKs started distrusting Lelouch more and some never forgave him for running away. Plus they threw in Rolo and co. into the mix.

To be fair, in this case there are already some larger changes to the actual state of the world and what characters are or aren't doing. Suzaku is Zero, countries split up, etc.
>>
>>150318330
I wanna see it become slice of life. Just two immortals touring the world and expanding the lore
>>
>>150317287
>>DUDE LET'S MAKE THE PAST TWO SEASONS POINTLESS SO WE CAN MAKE SOME EASY MONEY LMAO!
fixed
>>
>>150320628
>pointing out absurdity in a mecha fantasy anime as bad
Here is your (you) hope you learned something
>>
>>150318847

Yeah and pianists keep the left hand always on the left and right always on the right? No.
>>
>>150317646
Aka run away from your problems instead of facing them.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (83KB, 800x542px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
83KB, 800x542px
>>150317287
>>150317452
>>150317481
>>150317489
>>150317582
"I understood literally nothing about R2's ending and about Code Geass as a whole": the post
>>
A third season made on the base of bullshit reasoning and "logic"-defying twists is actually very much in the spirit of Code Geass.
>>
>>150319802
Yes
>>
>>150333748
Is that not the point of watching anime?
>>
>>150331178
Both groups are autistic.
>>
>>150331241
Both are better than Code Gayuss
>>
>>150334050
I thought Code Geass was more on the line of Gundam parody. Is there anything else?
>>
>>150317646
Show was shit, but it did spawn one 7/10 meme.
>>
>>150317287
You can simply not watch the sequel, faggot.

> yet they will come up with some bullshit reason like "remnants of Britannia"
It's not that hard to imagine that the world wouldn't stay peaceful for long and someone wanted to fuck shit up on a massive scale.

Akito stuff hinted a lot potential, Renya stuff too. At least wait for the first episode, hell even the trailer before hating on something.

R3 announcement is probably the only good thing happening in 2016.
>>
>>150317627
DUDE TRAIN WRECK LMAO
BETTER TAKE A SCREENSHOT TO POST IT ON REDDIT LATER
>>
File: 41231312.jpg (33KB, 640x440px) Image search: [Google]
41231312.jpg
33KB, 640x440px
>>150317646
>>
TIME FOR A FUCKING REWATCH FOR 6TH TIME WOO
>>
>>150319857
End of Evangelion
>>
>>150334655
>the only good thing happening in 2016.
LWA, PSG2, etc.
>>
>>150317627
Nah. The first season was good, the 2nd season ruined it, could the 3rd season make Code Geass great again? No, probably not.

At worst I guess it might ruin the ruined.
>>
File: [Kuroshiki] Vol. 2.png (81KB, 559x379px) Image search: [Google]
[Kuroshiki] Vol. 2.png
81KB, 559x379px
Does this mean I have to get the OVA out of the way finally?
>>
>>150317287
Chances are another season will be complete ass and unable to compare.
However, Lelouch surviving has no negative impact impact whatsoever on the original ending. The purpose and all the points remain the same.
>>
>>150332779
Not really pointless, because the state of the world did change and Britannia is no longer the problem. It was already theorized that he could have gained immortality, so that's no surprise.
>>
>>150334087
Having Lelouch gain a Code of immortality and not having the peace last forever is the opposite of defying logic though. If anything, that's entirely logical even within Code Geass or the real world (the last part, not the Codes).
>>
>>150336828
I think the chances of S3 being better than R2 are pretty high. Why? Because they've had multiple years to think about ideas, even before having to write any of them down. They also don't have the production and time slot change issues that affected Code Geass R2 since it is a new start, so to speak.
>>
>It was always obvious that Lelouch survived due to him getting a Code
>''Wah!!! I had the delusions that he died because the end isn't EPIC enough for me if he doesn't die ANIME WAS A MISTAKE''

You are a dumb child throwing a tantrum.
>>
>>150337515
Yeah but you know these idiots crying about muh sacred masterpiece ending won't be able to see it that way. It is and always was a trainwreck series, probably one of the few that can't possibly be ruined by another sequel, cash grab or not.

If anything my worry is that it might try to make too much sense and end up boring as a result.
>>
File: 1474236454460.png (94KB, 365x262px) Image search: [Google]
1474236454460.png
94KB, 365x262px
There's nothing to be ruined since the 2nd half of R2 (asides from the last episode) was trash. Not only that but it was obvious Lelouch was alive. What died was everything that Lelouch presented, the dictator, the brother to Nunnally, etcetera. He severed all his bonds to start anew. You can only create after you destroy.

Why was C.C. happy at the end? She hated being immortal. She hated being alone. UNLESS Lelouch was with her. That's common sense, and C.C. was always his most trusted confidante so he values her the most, considering Code Geass was all about (metaphorical) masks that people put on. Lelouch promised he would make C.C. smile, and that's what happened.
>>
>>150317287
(You)
>>
>>150317452
Heh, Zero.
>>
What's with the hatred for R2? Sure it was rushed but you faggots make it sound absolutely horrible compared to R1 when it wasn't.
>>
>>150317646
nice memo friendo
anyway I think there is potential room for a continuation, I personally felt that the power vacuum that lelouch left for suzaku to deal with has probably got too many holes, ie rolo is alive
>>
>>150317287
>Being stupid enough to think he was dead

If you honestly believed he was dead then you are not fit to analyze or deduce anything, fiction or otherwise, in complete honesty.

People fake their deaths in real life successfully..but a SUPER GENIUS like Lelouch would just actually kill himself instead of faking it? Are you serious? You people worry me since you're going to be running this world alongside me soon and you don't deserve your allotment of oxygen.
>>
>>150339472
In his defense, the director went his way out to say that Lulu died, so while all clues spoke against it, it's the actual cannon for now.
>>
Why is this thread still alive? The bump limit is way too high these days.
>>
>>150317287
u mad brah?
>>
i'm surprised /a/ seems legitimately interested
>>
>>150317287
Now we can only hope we dont see you whiny shitheads in the geass sunday threads
>>
>>150317287
>all these anons unironically praising Code Geass

Guys I'm pretty sure we were all just watching it ironically back then, r-right? The show had some cool moments but was mostly fucking retarded and full of deus ex machina.
>>
>>150317837
This, I didn't realize anyone unironically liked it until this thread...
>>
>>150340285
All anime is retarded, at least CG was entertaining all the way and had likeable characters, cool music and all.
>>
So when Lelouch promised that he'd make C.C. smile, it was (initially) a lie, right?
>>
I love Anya
>>
File: 1477661002592.png (33KB, 889x594px) Image search: [Google]
1477661002592.png
33KB, 889x594px
>>150319493
wew
>>
File: 1458808113106.png (259KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
1458808113106.png
259KB, 500x708px
>>150340551
>>
File: 1469587596911.png (450KB, 550x820px) Image search: [Google]
1469587596911.png
450KB, 550x820px
>>
>>150340285
Yeah it's pretty fucking retarded

I didn't know people actually thought the show was good besides wish fulfillment retards. So I'm guessing it's mostly the manchildren who haven't grown up since 2008 or high school kids who are watching it now
>>
>>150340865
The finale was a materpiece though. And not just because of the death scene
>>
>>150340285
>>150340865
samefag
>>
>>150340865
Sorry mate, but Code Geass stands tall up there with classics like LoGH and Shinsekai Yori even though its presentation falls more in the Gurren Lagann territory.
>>
>>150339720
>Being this stupid
The director is not the writer, he was lying to you and saying what he wanted and you fell for it
>>
>>150327414
I hope Funi can get the original cast back
>>
>>150340933
LogH and Shinsekai Yori are both good but Code Geass is not

You could tell the writers were making shit up as they went along and only had the finale planned out.
>>
He was alive at the end though
>>
>>150340941
The director is the person who makes the final decision, so whatever he/she says is cannon unless you're going the death of the author way ... which allows anybody to interpret whatever they want into it.

So officially Leluch was dead ... until it was confirmed that the official version was a lie; despite all the clues to the contrary in the work.

>>150341020
>I don't like it, so it's bad
>>
>>150341106
>I like it so it's good
>>
>>150341020
>You could tell the writers were making shit up as they went along
Not really no. For the most part. Season 1 was obviously plotted in advance and it shows. It's just that the pace is very fast and peculiar with both forshadowng and show don't tell in spades. To such a ridiculous extent you can watch it 3 times and all three times you'll pick new stuff. It's a very peculiar, but great style. No show ever recaptured it.
It's only s2 that fucked it up by degrading story by at least one level, but even still, presentation was still impeccable. And even though the story and pointless mecha dick waving did diminish it from the once perfection, it still had no fucking plot holes because the mad men writing it on the fly still managed to put in foreshadowing and explanations everywhere. It's like watching a great dance - poetry in motion. S2 with its camp value alone is memorable and an outstanding show ofthe year, but with the amazing first season, it's something else entirely.
>>
>>150341202
I was talking about season 2

Season 1 was great
>>
>>150341137
Well there is also opinions from most critics, the commercial performance (basically the most objective criteria) and the fact that it follows all story telling basics that would generally qualify a work as good.

There is a lot room for discussion about HOW good it is and it obviously has many negatives and legitimate criticism points but calling it not good is overly biased. Obviously still perfectly legitimate though.
>>
>>150341202
>because the mad men writing it on the fly
That's a bit overdoing it. From what I recall, they mostly followed their plan and only had to make couple cuts in explanation, so some scenes and developments that could be expanded, didn't.

It's not like they completely changed the plot.
>>
>>150341294
Commercial performance does not always indicate if a show is good rather it means that the show has a wide audience appeal. There are good shows that don't sell well because its target audience is way too niche. But if that is your definition of good is by that metric then yes Code Geass is good
>>
>>150341612
>does not always indicate if a show is good rather it means that the show has a wide audience appeal.
Which is a solid indicator that it is good. Obviously lack of commercial performance doesn't mean something isn't good; but it's the most objective criteria there is while the rest is very, very subjective and much harder to quantify.

In the end it doesn't even matter for personal perception either way but it's bit silly to go from "I don't like X, so it's not good" when all other factors are indicating the opposite. I didn't like the first Godfather too much either but wouldn't be crazy enough to call it a bad movie. Not to compare CG with it, which is closer to a blockbuster like Dark Knight. No pun.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
>>150341893
>Which is a solid indicator that it is good
And here's how you destroy an argument folks
>>
>>150341893
>Which is a solid indicator that it is good

No by that metric, big bang theory/two and a half men are good shows (I'm assuming you're American) because it has wide audience appeal.

However I agree with you there is no objective criteria so commercial success is a decent metric. To me Code Geass's success is closer to it being one of the Marvel movies

But I agree with 90% of what you said including that it is the most objective criteria and the rest obviously being very subjective but it has its flaws.

I personally liked the first season of Code Geass but the second season was so awful in terms of writing that it treads on being 'bad'
>>
File: 1474996962319.jpg (21KB, 320x315px) Image search: [Google]
1474996962319.jpg
21KB, 320x315px
>>150317646
(Anon liked this)
>>
>>150342161
>big bang theory/two and a half men are good shows
They are, at least from general entertainment value. It's only one criteria out of many but measuring others is pretty tricky.

>To me Code Geass's success is closer to it being one of the Marvel movies
Fair enough, although I'd say it takes a bit more risks and is visually stronger (Marvel movies are pretty much TV level camera work/visuals with blockbuster budget), and doesn't stick as rigidly to a cookie cutting formula. Marvel movies are closer to shonen anime like Naruto or Bleach I'd say.

>I personally liked the first season of Code Geass but the second season was so awful in terms of writing that it treads on being 'bad'
The viewpoint seems pretty common although it confuses the fuck out of me, both seemed close enough, only the pacing of R2 is noticeable faster. I see why someone who didn't like R1, wouldn't like R2 either but given how you liked R1, what made R2 so much worse for you?
>>
>>150342598
>They are, at least from general entertainment value.
Not him but what entertains normies isn't necessarily going to work on everyone else.
>>
>>150341106
>The director is the person who makes the final decision
LOL no, you have no fucking clue what a director is
>>
File: ha.jpg (7KB, 189x266px) Image search: [Google]
ha.jpg
7KB, 189x266px
>>150317646
>>
can someone explain what geass is i never understood it
>>
>>150343020
>He doesn't know that normies ARE everyone else
jej
>>
>>150343177
Magic
>>
File: rolling.jpg (116KB, 1401x785px) Image search: [Google]
rolling.jpg
116KB, 1401x785px
Was he a gud boi?
>>
>>150328164
Not true at all.

I loved Dragonball as a kid but when I first heard Goku's Japanese Grandma voice it almost repulsed me. However after seeing the two most recent movies, some of Kai, and some of Super, I now prefer subs.

Which is why I suspect that when people whine about Goku's Japanese voice they're young, have a low IQ, and haven't really given it a chance.
>>
File: 1379347460157.gif (855KB, 300x379px) Image search: [Google]
1379347460157.gif
855KB, 300x379px
>>150341106
You're just embarrassing, just admit you were very stupid and made a huge mistake and move on with it. Don't say this nonsense and make shit worse for yourself.
>>
>Meant to be open ended
>People arguing over fake/out of context quotes from the janitor's best friend
Top kek /a/
>>
>>150343192
"Everyone else"=everyone else besides normies
>>
>>150329059
no.
>>
if you don't genuinely like CG, then you're not an actual /a/-tard and need to gtfo
>>
>>150318950
No, PP is remembered because of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irqFRZqptWg
>>
>>150329064
He sounds the exact same in every. fucking. anime. he does. I agree that he's not bad, definitely one of the better english VA's, but I can never get over the fact that he's literally the same guy in every show he does.

You watch Bleach first? JYB is Ichigo forever. Watch Code Geass? He's Lelouch forever. Personally can't get over that.
>>
>>150343707
Never watched Bleach dubbed but JYB seems like such a bad choice for Ichigo. I remember him from Leluch and Izaya and he's pretty damn perfect for that types of characters.
>>
>>150318281
So R2 doesn't exist. Hell R2 began this "second season is shit" trope here
>>
>>150317287
Nah, you are just an idiot.
they never intended for Lel to die in the first place, he was turned into an immortal protector of that new world he created and simply decided to live a secluded life, until he was needed again
And now he is.. well the next year anyway. Simple as that. I bet you were one of those "noooo i don¨t care about your perfectly logical arguments, lel is deeeeeaaaad" retards.
>>
>>150344303
s2's ending saved it
>>
>>150344998
>they never intended for Lel to die in the first place

>Ichiro Okouchi, 'Continue' vol 42, (October 2008). "Lelouch dead!? Was it a good one or a bad one!?"

>" -----Still, isn't it possible that defeating the wise ruler Schneizel, the person who was supposed to have brought order to the world, might lead to some [viewers] interpreting it as a Bad End?

>Okouchi: That's true. There are probably a lot of people who think of it as a Bad End, a tragedy, considering the protagonist's, Lelouch's end as well. However, Lelouch says in the first episode: "Only those prepared to be shot are allowed to pull the trigger themselves." If you were to think of that as his pride, then I think his getting shot (killed) in the end was a logical end. Of course, I understand that not all of the viewers will accept this ending. There were people who wanted a happier ending, after all.

https://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?do=discuss&gmid=38473
>>
>>150345321
>sourceless quotes from some bumfuck nobody on animesuki

Nobody ever posted the actual sources.

Because they don't exist.
>>
>>150345462
Denial is not just a river in Egypt
>>
>>150345563
>Okay, i am willing to believe you if you can give me the source for those statements
>''Lel you so buttmad - Stay in denial virgin looooooser''

Is this /v/?
>>
>muh perfect ending
Who cares. Code Geass was an enjoyable trainwreck and I'm ready for another one

R2's ending was great, yes. But another season won't ruin it
>>
>>150345321
nowhere in there it says he died, it's just theorycraft and methaphors

>considering the protagonist's, Lelouch's end as well.
that simply means how he ended up, and in giving up his power, it doesn't mean he died

>I think his getting shot (killed) in the end was a logical end
yes it was, he established himself as a tyrant and getting "killed" was always a part of his plan, here by killed he meant that theater lelouch set up for the public to make them think he was dead so that his plan would work, if he wasn't "killed" then the world piece part of the plan would never happen..

it's really simple if you think about it, if the author really said this he chose his words carefully because he wanted to be a misleading dicks just for shits and giggles
>>
Already confirmed to be a continuation, not an alternate timeline, like an alternate season 2?
>>
>>150319802
They were talking about Mai-Hime.
>>
File: you.jpg (155KB, 466x379px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
155KB, 466x379px
>>150345624
>Guy who uncovered the interview is a respected translator for the Geass fandom and has done many translated interviews
>The name of the magazine and which issue it came from is written on top
>HURRR DURR SPOONFEED ME BY GIVING ME A DIRECT SOURCE SINCE I'M A NEWFAG AND AM DOUBTING THE LEGITIMACY OF AN 8 YEAR OLD SOURCE THAT HAS BEEN CIRCULATED NUMEROUS TIMES SINCE I JUST STARTED POSTING HERE
You lost kid. Give it a rest.
>>
>>150345728
Yeah. They literally said lelouch is alive and is comming back for more (of that sweet sweet kullen pussy) okay maybe not that last part
>>
>>150345677
>nowhere in there it says he died
>>150345321
>If you were to think of that as his pride, then I think his getting shot (killed) in the end was a logical end
STOP you are literally fucking pathetic
>>
It would be a bad idea to make a sequel, beacause it had a proper ending.
Lelouch dying or not is rather unimportant for me, I just think the edning as it was finished the show very well, adding anything more will just damage it.
Well, except if they just make some movie where Zerozaku and Kallen fight some Geass-powered terrorist or minor shit like that.
>>
File: (84KB, 554x460px) Image search: [Google]
84KB, 554x460px
>>150345677
>Question literally ask if Lelouch is dead
>Okouchi outright and non-subtly confirms his death by tying in everything that was established since the beginning and while people may not think its a happy end its one that has the most logical conclusion

I have never seen so many retards twist a man's words like this
>>
>>150345843
I bet you were one of those retards who were like "lol trump will never win the election your idiots lolololo" you were wrong, just admit it you coward
>>
>>150345922
Addendum:
except if they set the story a thousand years later, could work well with an immortal Lelouch.
Maybe not with him as MC, but some invisible hand guiding the world with other immortals or so.
>>
>>150345970
>>>/pol/
>>
What would truly be the reason to resurrect Lelouch? He made everyone come together to fight a common enemy so his job is done.
>>
>>150345968
I have literally never seen so much autism.. is it still 2015 ? is it 2014??? Have i travelled back in time for some reason? there is a literally canon now saying he is alive and you are so autistic that you still try to cling to your debunked delusions? good luck with that buddy
>>
Can someone explain how Lelouch was able to Geass Shirley to live even though she was already under the effect of his previous Geass?

Did Lelouch remove the limit on his Geass and not even notice it?
>>
>>150346074
tangerine removed shirleys geas which enabled lelouch to use it on her again
>>
>>150346074
Plot hole
>>
>>150346118
That doesn't make sense since he can only geass someone one time.
>>
>>150346118
1.) His geass only permits one usage

2.) He didn't know Orange de geassed her
>>
>>150346074
>>150346118
the whole reason she got into that mess was because Orange's geass canceler reversed her memory erasure.

Then she came to terms with it and decided to support him anyway. Rolo being the bitch he is, wouldn't have any of that.
>>
>>150346163
Normally yes, but like i said Orange gained the ability to remove geass from people and he removed it from shirley, which means that any changes which prevent second usage were removed too and Lelouch could use it a second time on her
Orange was an incredibly powerfull ally for lelouc because he could made it possible for him to use the geass many times on a single person
>>
>>150346191
>1.) His geass only permits one usage
see >>150346231

>2.) He didn't know Orange de geassed her
he was desperate, he was just firing the geass knowing it was pointless, but in his desperation he did it anyway, he had no idea that he actually was able to use it on her again
>>
>>150346231
What the fuck is even a geass cancelling ability. Hopefully R3 will cover that.
>>
>>150346309
>What the fuck is even a geass cancelling ability
The technology behind it is pretty simple.
You know how when he uses geass there is that animation? That is basically when geass reorders synapses or changes the bioelectricitiy of that persons brain.. it basically reprograms them... kind of like hard-wired brain washing, every geass power affects the brain this way, so the canceling power simply rewires the brain back to normal notice how they said it can remove ALMOST every geass influence
>>
>>150346231
That shouldn't be able to override anything once the command has been set. It would just mean that Jeremiah just canceled the command placed on her by Lelouch still used his geass already so he shouldn't be able to do it again on her.
>>150346287
>he was desperate, he was just firing the geass knowing it was pointless, but in his desperation he did it anyway, he had no idea that he actually was able to use it on her again
Which again makes no sense because it would have not worked regardless
>>
>>150346586
>That shouldn't be able to override anything once the command has been set. It would just mean that Jeremiah just canceled the command placed on her by Lelouch still used his geass already so he shouldn't be able to do it again on her.
geass fucks with the brain wiring, once it fucks with the wires it cannot be used again because the wires are fucked up, his geass needs a clean slate to work with, orange simply unfucked the wires so the geass could be used again
>>
>>150321909
This chart was made by CC, so...
>>
>>150321372
in the last episodes when tamaki got is ass kicked again and cried about being useless i thought the authors will give him some vital part in the final play to perform but nope... what was the point of his "i suck" speech then
>>
>>150321372
Didn't Diethard made the ratings? Would explain Ohgis loyality and Kallens idiocy (she's a top student while skipping all the time for fucks sake)
>>
>>150347902
>Kallens idiocy
that wasn't diets fault that was a plothole, she was never shown to be smart like nina for example, there is no way in hell she could be top of her class even though she missed most of her classes when had she even any time to catch up with her learning while being busy with terorism? she would have to be a genius which she isn't
>>
>>150347995
>she was never shown to be smart like nina for example
Piloting a mecha as good as she does takes quite a bit intelligence.

And yes, it was hinted that she was a top student even though she's sick most of the time in one of the earlier episodes. (before the shower scene with Lulu)
>>
>>150348057
>And yes, it was hinted
yes i know that, like i said that is a plothole
piloting the mecha isn't about being smart it's more instinct and reflexes and shit, only doing shit like that shield calculation lel did requires being smart
>>
>>150348126
>i said that is a plothole
Why? She was never showed to do anything overly stupid, so we have no reason to suspect that the information from hint was somehow wrong. You don't need to be a genius to be good in high school, even if you're busy with terrorism, simply above average and fast learning ability is fine.

She also figured out Lelouches end goal, although while having more hints than the others.

As for piloting, it seems similar enough to planes, with some aspects being more and others less complex, besides, she switched the model quite often and did fine with all of the prototypes.
>>
>>150317287
>DUDE LMAO LET'S MAKE THE PAST THREE MOVIES POINTLESS SO WE CAN MAKE SOME EASY MONEY!
I'm so fucking pissed off right now. I feel betrayed. The entire premise of Star Wars is utterly pointless now. Luke has no reason to fight anymore yet they will come up with some bullshit reason like "remnants of the Empire" or some shit just so autistic weaboos will eat this shit up and buy all the merchandise. Fuck Disney. They have ruined one of my all time favorite movies.
>>
>>150320248
He's jewish.
Thread posts: 517
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.