[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outside of /a/ I see a lot of people who can't stand "new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1423248074775.webm (3MB, 640x380px) Image search: [Google]
1423248074775.webm
3MB, 640x380px
Outside of /a/ I see a lot of people who can't stand "new anime" (for some reason) but is it the other way around for anyone here? I find that I just can't get into old anime the same way I can get into the more recent stuff, and I say this as someone who's been watching anime for multiple decades at this point. Certainly, there were some good shows back then which are still good today, but a lot of it just doesn't have the same magic it once did, compared to new stuff where I feel like I'm always having a blast. I've run into very little recent anime where I thought to myself "Okay, that was really bad." Even at worst I generally have a lot of fun and really don't understand the issues some people are having with new stuff.

I find the only exception is REALLY old anime, like stuff from the 80s, where the animation and color palettes have aged surprisingly well. More recent old stuff is just kind of faded and the bad animation stands out pretty noticeably.
>>
>>150296402
Where can I subscribe?
>>
>>150296542
>subscribe
This isn't YouTube, get the fuck out.
>>
>>150296763
Unsubscribed.
>>
>>150296763
Upvoted
>>
if I get 100 likes, I'll post nudes.
>>
>>150296402
>Outside of /a/
Fuck off.
>>>/v/
>>
>>150296402
You have a blast with all the harem and moeshit that we get now ? Of course we have still good shit, and people tend to forget that there was a lot of shit back then too and we only remember the good ones, but you gotta be kidding about not understanding why people complain about anime today.

Also what your webm ? Garo ?
>>
>>150296402
>Posting Garo on /a/
kill yourself, don't taint based Garo with this anime shit.
>>
>>150297432
>GARO
>based
I like GARO, but it's still a flawed show. And the 2nd anime was absolute horseshit.
>>
>>150297432
Garo is an anime though.

>>150297669
I cannot think of any flaws with the first Garo anime.
>>
>>150297354
Well, here's the problem with your post: Neither of those things are as common as you claim. So if people are somehow under that misapprehension, I can understand why it led to them complaining. The question is how this lie was allowed to perpetuate.
>>
>>150296402
I don't understand. What exactly is your problem then? If you can't stand post-2000 digital-colored anime then watch cel-era anime instead, like what you said.
>>
>>150298142
But I do love plenty of post-2000 stuff. Just, more like post-2010. I feel like the industry experienced an awakening sometime that year because it's been nonstop greatness since then.
>>
>>150298142
He wants people to praise his patrician anime watching habits.
>>
>>150296402
>Outside of /a/ I see a lot of people who can't stand "new anime"
> I find that I just can't get into old anime the same way I can get into the more recent stuff
Outside of /a/ (and honestly, on /a/ as well) the second opinion is vastly more prevalent. Frankly, each season has some good stuff and some monotonous cliche bait. Doesn't matter if it's 1979, 1989, 1999, 2009, or 2019.
>>
>>150298194
This post is going to look silly in 2019 when the world has already been a barren wasteland for two years.
>>
>>150298194
That's the thing though. There are certainly cliched shows, but it's often stuff that doesn't deserve it that receives those accusations. Not to mention that originality shouldn't have to be a requirement for a good show anyway. Meanwhile some older show that's even more cliched gets away scot free.
>>
>>150298604
Missing the point. There's good stuff and bad stuff from every year, ultimately which one you prefer comes down to aesthetics rather than any measure of quality.
>>
>>150299081
Is there not such a thing as "quality in aesthetics"?
>>
>>150296402
>What in the ever-loving fuck is a story?
Point noted. Now, get out.
>>
>>150299608
Nobody said anything about story.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.