[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it the most popular anime around the world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: The_Last_Gasp.jpg (203KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
The_Last_Gasp.jpg
203KB, 1024x1536px
>Takes a break for 20 years
>comes back still doing good
Was it ahead of its time?
>>
>>150295543
Dragon ball is without a doubt the most beautiful and well written piece of art of the entire anime industry. Dragonball basically created the standard shonen formular.Its popularity comes from being simple yet effective.
>>
>>150295543
That's not One Piece.

>comes back still doing good
>doing good
I love this meme
>>
Dragon ball is so popular because it was the first big wordwide mainstream anime out there. nostalgia plays a big factor as well. it would come out today it would still be good but probably less popular.

>>150295694
>That's not One Piece.
>I love this meme
The irony
>>
File: xwnkxqd4ywjlry0bulpa.jpg (42KB, 636x351px) Image search: [Google]
xwnkxqd4ywjlry0bulpa.jpg
42KB, 636x351px
When people think of anime they think of dragonball.
Oda was thinking about dragonball when he created one piece.
Kishimotot was thinking of dragonball when he did naruto.Same goes for kubo, hiro and so on.
>>
>>150295543
The anime industry is doing so bad they have to resort to bring out something from the past. Dragonball is good but it aint no masterpiece. the problem is that anime is just really shit nowadays.
>>
>>150295543
Getting really tired of all these dbfags who think they hot shit for following a 3rd rate anime with kindergarten animation.
You're all of a bunch of poor uneducated autistic manchildren. now go kill yourself
>>
>>150296030
*tip*
>>
>>150295937
the manga is a masterpiece, the tv adaptation however has issues
>>
Dragonball is the god of anime and manga. nothing comes close to it in terms of popularity.
Even shitty evolution managed to gross 50million in box office. Thats how powerful it is.
>>
>>150295543
>Ahead of its time
Is an understatement. Dragonball especially the manga was so fucking good nothing came close to rival it back in the days. fun fact is the author only wrote has he went along maybe its also a reason as to why it was so good. because it was unpredictable.
>>
>>150296264
Toriyama was a prodigy when it came to winging it.
>>
>>150296264
Dragonball has also the best pacing I ever have experienced in a manga.
Never did enjoy binge reading something as much as this. Pure quality. Wish he had a little bit more energy to draw dbs himself
>>
I feel blessed for living in an age where we still have dragonball.
>>
File: nostalgia.jpg (246KB, 582x913px) Image search: [Google]
nostalgia.jpg
246KB, 582x913px
>>150296507
Drawing manga himself is extremely demanding. At his age of over 60 years old I don't blame him for not drawing it himself.
I am just honored and glad we have someone as talented as Toyotaro to pen the manga so well.
>>
>>150296960
that's because Goku is literally the Jesus of our generation.
>>
>>150295749
>That's not One Piece.
>I love this meme
>The irony
Are you retarded? OP is the best seeling manga ever, Dragon Ball Super can't even compare.
>>
>>150297335
One Piece only succeeded in the void that Dragon Ball created after it's absence.
If you give the Dragon Ball manga some time to tell it's tale you'll see it will compare. OP also feels like it's stuck in filler with it's poor pacing.
>>
>>150297335
Only retard is you. manga sells dont say anything. in a global scale even naruto is more popular then one piece. one piece had more volumes and time to sell its manga compared to dragonball.
Also content wise one piece is very mediocre especially after the time skip. odea keeps rehashing things way too often. gotta save me some nakama durr
>>
>>150297335
>Dragon Ball Super can't even compare.
I was talking about dragonball as a whole but whatever retard.
>>
>>150296963
Toyotaro is ok but he got nothing on toryiama's fighting choreography but we ended up better then whatever naruto got lol
>>
It had a simple story, good fight scenes and pretty colors.

https://youtu.be/RcahS2WIXa8
>>
>>150295543
No. Take account that most of DB's fanbase has never seen or read another anime or manga besides DB itself.
>>
File: NostalgicThrowback.png (1015KB, 1020x2168px) Image search: [Google]
NostalgicThrowback.png
1015KB, 1020x2168px
>>150297981
at least he does great homages to Toriyama's greatness.
>>
>>150298223
Those aren't homages, they're straight-up tracing. He does them in every single fucking fight.
>>
>>150298223
Yeah toyotaro takes it way too far with the tracing. once in a while ok.
But he does it every chapter that has a fighting scene in it.
>>
>>150298321
>they're straight-up tracing.
you wish dipshit.
>>
>>150296507
Goku grew up, had a kid, and his kid grew up all over the course of 42 volumes.

If DB started 15 years ago Goku might just now be an adult or teenager by modern manga writing standards.
>>
>>150295655
You spelled Berserk incorrectly.
>>
File: images.jpg (15KB, 237x212px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 237x212px
>>150299215
>berserk
The author doesnt give a shit its reduced to meme tier. Only thing that had it going anyway was the golden arc.
>>
>>150295655
kek
>>
>>150295543
Dragon ball overachieved.
And the anime industry is now suffering because of it. It influenced popular animes like one piece and thus the demand for more anime has risen. More and more mediocre anime gets produced.quantity over quality.
20 years later. The industry is now at its worst state and had to bring back old stuff with an established fanbase. Old stuff gets bad adaption exemple : sailor moon / saint seyia/ dragonball super and their legacy gets damaged.
Dragon ball is literally creation and destruction of the anime world
>>
>>150296507
Binge reading is not how it's primarily meant to be read though.
Contrast to say, Bleach, which had absolutely atrocious pacing. It's a lot better binged, instead of the weekly wait
>>150297883
>volumes and time
No shit it had more volumes, as DB started as a gag manga that has less pages, and stuck with that. It needed a lot more chapters within a volume. True, OP by now is longer than that, but it's outsold DB by such a margin that even with same timeframe it's still better.
But a comparison like this is meaningless to boot because times change.
>>
>>150295655
Go home, Pedro. Other side of the wall for you.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>150300113
Are you frustrated ahmed?
Dragonball is goat deal with it you faggot
>>
>>150296168
this.

the Manga is infinitely re-readable. the anime however. I can only rewatch certain scenes desu. going through the whole thing is a bit rough
>>
>>150299301
Still better than this Super cringy bullshit that only weebs and spicys like. Alternate palettes my as
>>
>>150300241
>Super cringy bullshit
Berserk post 2014
>>
>>150295543
Its so big shueisha made a seperate department only for dragonball
>>
>>150295749
>Dragon ball is so popular because it was the first big wordwide mainstream anime out there
It wasn't, though.
>>
>>150299215
>Memeserk
>good
Maybe for the first 14 volumes
>>
>>150295543
The single piece of media with the most amount of nostalgia concentrated on it with VERY loyal fanbase.
it wouldn't stand 2 months on WSJ if it was released nowadays tho.
Thing is just OK and people blow it out of proportion.
Have you never met a DBfag in your life OP? they watch and read DB ONLY and will defend it with all their body and soul, i'm not surprised there are posts here saying it's the best thing ever.
They exist in every anime group ever but /a/ USED to be the exception.
>>
>>150298223
>homage
There's a myriad little things in >>150296963 that put Toriyama's original above Toyotaro's pottery. It's hard to really describe. Toyotaro's Vegata looks spindly. The lack of an shoulder armor makes the pose more empty. The stance feels less deep-rooted. Also, they have no reason to take the exact same poses they did. What is even the point. Toriyama just came up with some random pose, it doesn't indicate a style or anything.

>>150299933
I really disagree. Binge reading does not automatically make Bleach have better pacing. You are going through the story at a faster rate, but it's still the same tiring shit. It's always the same cliffhanger in every chapter. The hueco mundo arc is where it gets really bad. Character shows up. Character does a special moves. Opponent is wide eyed in shock, did he dieded? Next chapter says nope, but a new character shows up, rinse repeat.

Dragon Ball, on the other hand, has some semblance of variety in its constant cliffhangers. Along with better choreography, period. Read any Dragon Ball fight, and it's always one thing to the next. Goku shows up with kaioken, but vegeta is still stronger so goku uses a stronger kaioken, so Vegeta turns into a monkey and crushes goku so krillin and gohan have to distract him... Yeah it's all shonen shit, but Toriyama definitely has more style to his cliffhangers.
>>
>>150296963
toyotaro's artwork just looks so soulless compared to toriyama's
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.