[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /a/ feel about ergo proxy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: muh lil.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
muh lil.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
How does /a/ feel about ergo proxy?
>>
>>150294017
>>150294191
I was about to give an honest answer, but you ruined it.
>>
>>150294475
how?
>>
File: Ergo Proxy2.png (67KB, 342x850px) Image search: [Google]
Ergo Proxy2.png
67KB, 342x850px
It was decent. I liked the ending. The setting was interesting too. It was just a shame Lil was such a know-it-all.
>>
Had a good start but got far worse as it progressed.
>>
Thematically and aesthetically speaking, it's BadTexhnolyze
>>
dew dew dew ding ding dadadadada dawdaw

Yououu Complete My Faiith

mawawa inside of me

You complte my FAAAAAITHHHHH

the halo crawls away

balbalbalbalbalbabal

COOMEE AND SAAAVE MEEEE takemahand and let mii follow COMEEE AND SAVE MEEEAAAAAAA AAA EEE AAA

come and save me. dew dew di dada dew dew
>>
>>150294000 (witnessed)

It's great. A lot of anons are buttfrustrated with the show's eclecticism.
>>
>>150295723
Except, other than both being sci-fi. it's nothing like Texhnolyze. They take opposite positions on similar topics. You can say Ergo Proxy is optimistic about transhumanism (the posthuman proxy wins in the end) while Texhnolyze is pessimistic about transhumanism.

On pretty much every other theme, the two anime have nothing in common.
>>
>>150295929
Close, i'm frustrated by it's pretentiousness. It's one of the few anime where it is actually pretentious in the non meme sense, kind of like GITS:Innocence or some of the Kara no Kyoukai eps
>>
>>150295997
Considering transhumanism is a core theme to both, I feel its ok to compare the two.

Also because they ARE compared all the time, because muh cyberpunk genre and dark aesthetic.
>>
DEEEEEP
>>
>>150295763
Ah the memories
>>
Ergo Proxy is a trip of personal growth closer to Kino's Journey than Texhnolyze or Lain. Stop these misguided comparisons.

Ergo Proxy is the king of post apocylptic Kino. It has the best sci-fi aestetics put in anime to date and there's no anime with similar atmosphere or setting anywere. It's truly in its own category, a masterpiece.
>>
>>150294000
It got a bit obtuse towards the end but I enjoyed watching it so I'd give it a B
>>
>>150294000
It's great
>>
The Pino episode with the amusement park was a solid 10/10.
>>
Pino
>>
Fantastic soundtrack, direction, mood, themes, characters, atmosphere.
Poor pacing and inconsistent animation quality.
It has everything I like in an anime, but it's not perfect. The themes about self-discovery and fulfilling roles placed on you (like the proxies and autoreivs) will always be fascinating to me as someone who drifts aimlessly through life.

Also an exceptional English dub if you're into that.
>>
File: Pino OP.jpg (363KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pino OP.jpg
363KB, 1280x720px
>>150295635
>Lil
I think you mean Re-L
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.