[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Love Live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

File: wife.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wife.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
I just finished the movie and I'm so fucking pissed off right now. WHAT was their reasoning for ending it? This wasn't properly explained.

Also its clear that they're retarded as fuck when it comes to business. You had the entire fucking country watching you! You couldn't have thought of a way to profit from that and continue with the 9 of you?! I'm so angry right now
>>
>>150290145

They're all smart enough to realize their prime is ending and furthering this little act will end bad for their prospective careers.

You gotta wake up and get serious eventually and better early than late.
>>
>>150290186

That and the group will split eventually and it will probably be ugly. 9 people is too much to keep together bound to an idol group.

Best to leave off on good terms in HS.
>>
They didn't want to end up as corporate sellouts
>>
>>150290186
You must be a real downer. That's a shitty excuse that can be used for quitting anything. There's so many ways you could branch off with that kind of publicity. As far as the dumb fucking story goes, what was their reasoning though? This wasn't explained very well, just the dumb adult version of honoka kept showing up. "HURR you can fly!" - so they quit. wtf I don't get it
>>
>>150290242

Idols are by default mass marketed corporate made sellouts
>>
>>150290275
>"HURR you can fly!"

She wanted to be a free bird and not be chained down to a fucking idol group for the sake of doing it
>>
>>150290212
So was that the reasoning? Maybe the subs we're shitty or something. I know in the show they said they would end it because it wouldn't be the same without the 9 of them. That seemed to be lost in the movie, then it was just: keep going? or stop? It sounded like they could continue as a group but didn't, why?
>>
>>150290366
they probably thought about "going professional" as one other group did
but decided that they're own normal lifestyles were more important
>>
>>150290328
Okay I'm with you on that one. Why did they decide to end it though? Was it because of what they said earlier? That it wouldn't be the same without the 9? Seems like they considered continuing, was this going to continue with the other 3 or not? The 3 who graduated seemed like cunts, urging the group to end.
>>
File: laughing leftist whores.jpg (9KB, 224x200px) Image search: [Google]
laughing leftist whores.jpg
9KB, 224x200px
>>150290282
Not School Idols. That's the whole point. It's basically a worker owned collective.
>>
>>150290429
Okay so it sounds like I'm not alone then. This wasn't explained very well in the movie. They hinted at the going pro thing but didn't explain it so well
>>
File: 1479841337805.jpg (819KB, 1032x944px) Image search: [Google]
1479841337805.jpg
819KB, 1032x944px
Can someone dumb this down? Why did muse end? If they were to continue, what would it look like? The school teacher lady mentioned reinventing themselves, can someone explain this?
>>
>>150290440

Did you just miss the part where this is an anime and cd selling franchise? They're not a real band. It's literally entirely just a bunch of executives looking to make bank of retards
>>
In an interview, Nanjo basically summed it up as wanting to keep muse as a good memory, because they know their fame won't last forever.

Better to end on a high note when everyone is happy, rather than dragging it out and splitting when you don't shine as bright anymore.
>>
>>150290571
Okay so they really didn't explain it very well. Thanks anon, I'm so frustrated. If they did continue would the other 3 be fucked out of it or was there a way for them to continue?
>>
>>150290531
Muse could only continue if it was 6 members after the third years graduate. And they made it pretty clear they want Muse to be all the 9 members.

You can't just continue being a school idol after you are out of school anon... and Honoka didn't wanted to go pro (she talked about this with Tsubasa, since A-Rise would go pro)

If you guys really watched S2 and the movie it should all be really clear.
>>
>>150290635
There was a huge gap between when I watch S2 and the movie. So the options we're to either end it on a high note or to continue without the other 3 and go pro. Is the correct? Why couldn't they all go pro together?
>>
>>150290735
They love being school idols, they don't want to be professional.

Only maybe Nico had that dream.
>>
Why would you even want to go pro

How long do pro idols last? 2 years before someone cuter and younger comes along?
>>
>>150290771
Okay I get it. So they accomplished what they wanted to do with the group and were at a point where the only next step would be to go pro. they didn't want to do this because they loved being school idols, they we're never in it to be pros. So was this an option for all 9, or was it only the remaining 6? In the movie there's a scene where the 3 graduates say they wanted to end it, like they had the option to go pro or something. Can you explain this?
>>
>>150290825
Milk that shit nigga! Get fucking rich then go do something else, that's my thinking. It especially bothers me because I do the youtube thing as a full time gig and I'm just sitting there the whole time thinking "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU FUCKING IDIOTS! Soak up the success while you have it!" Basically get rich and famous knowing its not going to last forever, then do something else now that you've secured a better position for yourself in life.
>>
>>150290145
>secondaries asking dumb questions
You guys realize that the Love Live franchise encompass far more than just the anime, right? Ending it was mutually agreed upon by the 3 companies that head the Love Live project, Sunrise, Lantis, and ASCII Media Works, and even the seiyuus, with many reaching their 30s, figured it was a good time to move on.
>>
>>150290894
that's the strange part, what did the other 6 do right after?
did Honoka as a third year suddenly lose all her drive, relegating herself to a being a guide or mentor?
>>
>>150291008
>>150290894
We just don't know what they did with themselves.

At the end of the movie you can see Honoka and Eli's sisters in their third year working towards Love Live, so we just don't know what any of them did after that.

Honoka mentions she would help her sister and Alisa towards their goal though, so maybe she just mentored them on dancing and all that. Until Aquors get a cameo from them, we just don't know.
>>
>>150291104
>>150291008
Wow wtf! I hate it when they jump forward like that, so at this point all the members of muse have graduated and we have no fucking clue what happened. Maybe that's what they were implying with the honoka look alike in the movie.

But this still makes me wonder, was the option to go pro extended to the 3 graduates or no? It seems odd to me that they would get to weigh down the rest of the group by saying not to continue when they don't really have a say in anything.
>>
Love live is a passion project
>>
>>150290992
I didn't know it was anything more. What is it?

They continued with love live sunshine though, so they didn't really end it. What about them reaching their 30s?
>>
Who gives a fuck, Aquors are better anyway
>>
>>150291558
About to start it but afraid. I don't want them to break my heart again
>>
>>150291558
You're probably trolling but they're honestly alright.
>>
>>150291227
pls respond
>>
>>150290430
They achieved their goal of saving the school, they even won fucking Love Live. Without a real new goal, there's no point to keeping them together. And the decision of disbanding the group was already made during S2, the movie just sort of recycled it.
>>
>>150291601
Alright, if you really care: Love Live School Idol Project is a multimedia project co-developed by music company Lantis, animation company Sunrise, and ASCII Media Works in 2010. This is basically how it went down:

Sunrise sketched 9 designs for the fictional Muse school idol group. Lantis held auditions to fill these 9 roles by seiyuus who would not only voice the characters, but record and release songs, and perform live concerts. After the 9 seiyuus were chosen, the designs were finalized and they were advertised/given background stories on ASCII Media Works' Dengeki G Magazine.

So this is how it goes:

Lantis trains the real seiyuus in singing and dancing and produces and records their music.

Sunrise animated the original music videos (Songs like Snow Halation and most of their early Season 1 songs were recorded and performed way before the anime) and animated the anime.

ASCII Media Works features profiles and stories for Muse, and also publishes the School Idol Diaries (light novels) and the manga.

Later in I think about 2013, the Love Live franchise would also go on to create Love Live School Idol Festival, which is a rhythm mobile game that a lot of people play before watching the anime and getting into the franchise.

So that's basically the dynamic of the franchise. It started in 2010, their first single was a giant flop. But they stuck with it and by 2013 they released the anime and basically the franchise blew up huge and became what it is now.

Now, here's the thing: They could have kept going with the franchise, if they had spread out the events of the anime a bit longer and kept coming out with new material. But they realized that it was better to go off on top with Muse at their peak instead of being forced to retire them by milking them. The seiyuus being older and hitting their 30s was just a convenience as well, since most of them wanted to go ahead and focus on their solo careers.
>>
File: nico_hot.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
nico_hot.webm
3MB, 852x480px
Post some Nico Ni please!
>>
>>150291967
The movie was a better goodbye to Muse than the end of S2 imo, they also achieved the goal to help future school idols to perform in at the Dome
>>
>>150290212
AKB48 has 48 members.
>>
>>150292069
We're talking anime only though.
>>
>>150291972
Holy shit there's a lot to this. Thank you for sharing anon. So they we're recording and releasing music before the anime was even a thing. So that music video from 2010 was a standalone animation for the light novel and manga fans? Love live didn't get an anime till it was already big then... So the voice actors have been doing this for what, over 5 years then? Its like the movie and anime was an animated version of what was going on irl then. I'm so mind fucked right now. Did the lightnovels or manga end the same way the film did?

This is also a very motivational story to hear, it flopped at first but they eventually succeeded.
>>
>>150292069
AKB48 actually has a gorillion members and is split into sub-groups who just do their own thing. It's also a business where idols are constantly manufactured and replaced when they are no longer profitable.
>>
>>150292254
Yeah, it's actually pretty great how the series mirrors Muse's actual rise to popularity, which is why Musefags are so attached to them and can't really move on to Aqours.

Actually the music videos came out even before the manga and LNs. If you were a fan back in 2010/2011 then all you really had was the music/videos/dengeki magazine stories. Manga and LNs didn't come out until 2012.

Well, the Light Novels themselves aren't really a full story, their supposed to be supplements to the story, hence they're called "School Idol Diaries" and give more background for each member. I've only read Nico, Maki, and Umi's and they are all really great. Nico's goes into her family situation and how she had to deal with her father passing away, Maki's goes into how she deals with the constant pressure from her parents, and all that good stuff.

The manga... well here's the most aggrivating part of the Love Live franchise: there is no true canon. The events of the manga and anime are different because they have different creators. The mobile game also has a separate canon, so you can kinda pic and choose want you consider canon, but most will agree that the level of canonicity goes: music > anime > mobile game > Light novels > manga

The manga doesn't end the same way as the anime/movie. You should definitely read it, it's great. A-Rise is god tier in the manga, they actually feel like the rivals and I honestly prefer the story of the manga, even though I am still partial to the anime.
>>
>>150292292
This is why I can't get into AKB48. Too many idols and once they stop being popular they're gone. I know that's the nature of the idol industry, but it just sucks, especially if your favorites stop being popular.
>>
File: 1477829062041.jpg (235KB, 1495x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1477829062041.jpg
235KB, 1495x1600px
>>150292481
That must be pretty frustrating that there's no real cannon. I'm tempted to check out the manga curious how that version ends. Will probably just be even more frustrating though. I wonder what the plan for love live was in the beginning. Interesting that it just started with the music before branching out to anything else. Fuck I was wondering why nico didn't have a father.
>>
>>150292481
What did it look like live? Seems like a bad idea to me. It would be weird to see the actors in all their 3dpd reality on stage, then watch the anime or whatever.
>>
>>150292481
can you answer the second part of my question here >>150291227 ?
>>
>>150292825
Not everyone hate fun like you
>>
>>150290954
>Why not whore yourself out for as much money as possible?
>By the way I'm a YouTube whore
That's why you aren't a perfect 2D high school idol.
>>
Why is Nico so shit?
>>
>>150292825
here's first live https://vimeo.com/128275810
>>
>>150293152
People who talk like you are usually losers who are dead broke. You gotta love what you're doing, but be practical at the same time. Its fucking retarded to arbitrarily give up what you enjoy doing, especially when you've made it big.
>>
>>150293281
oh god no don't ruin my fantasy
>>
>>150293289
the girls all had a discussion and decided to go on indefinite hiatus by not renewing their contracts at the same time, thus ensuring that they would bow out at the height of their popularity before they reached a downward slope or ended up hating each other in real life

also from a perspective of artistic integrity: it's far more poetic and emotionally poignant to end something leaving the audience wanting more rather than beating something into the ground just so you could make a bit more money now. you realize they're still getting residuals? and new work based on their previous success. plus the cartoon characters are really a part of their hearts at this point. the anime group bowed out while they had the privilege of being on top, the real girls took the same approach.

some of them still work together and whenever two of them run into each other they know that they have shared something special. they are all best friends for life now
>>
>>150293309
irl μ's is a bunch of incredible dorks. when they get in a room together they basically all turn into twelve-year-olds. they are all amazingly weird people. i think kotori's actress (aya uchida) is literally on the autistic spectrum
>>
>>150293613
>3dpd
No thanks.
>>
>>150293684
are you scared of other people
>>
>>150293514
its like the anime is real life holy shit
>>
Can anyone answer my question about the anime? Had they chosen to go pro would that have included nozomi, nico, and erichi? Or would it have been something where they couldn't join in because they weren't in school any longer? In the movie the three say they wanted it to end, was that implying that they all could have gone on as pros but all decided not too, because they chose to be school idols?
>>
>>150290145
Yeah hard to believe money making machine like Love Live has only 26 episodes and a movie. They could have easily stretched it up to 50 episodes. Osomatsu and GuP should take note and milk the cash cow smartly.
>>
>>150293514

>the girls all had a discussion and decided to go on indefinite hiatus by not renewing their contracts at the same time, thus ensuring that they would bow out at the height of their popularity before they reached a downward slope or ended up hating each other in real life

Hate to be that guy, but do you have the source for this?
>>
>>150294520
It also has the smartphone game though. And Sunshine, which will probably get a S2.

It's still making money, just not directly through the anime.
>>
>>150294677
Unfortunately Sunshine along with it's cast is shit and they will never hold a candle to the original.
>>
>>150294403
If they had gone pro, they could have included the 3rd years. However, Honoka made it clear to Tsubasa during the movie that their group was only about saving their school, not going pro. Honoka didn't even have an ambition to be a school idol, much less a pro idol. So it's really a moot point to think about regardless. Besides, a lot of the girls were school idols because their parents let them, but they have other duties past being idols. Maki is supposed to take over her parent's hospital and she's an only child. Umi is supposed to take over her parent's dojo. Going pro was never an option.
>>
>>150294707
It wasn't too bad, I definitely didn't care about Aqours as much as I cared about μ's though.

But also Dia is good.
>>
>>150294707
I highly disagree, they are superior singers and their seiyuus are funner. Not that you would probably care about that since you're clearly an anime only shitter or a nostalgiafag. Sunshine itself is inferior as an anime, I agree there, but S2 has potential.
>>
>>150291436
>They continued with love live sunshine though, so they didn't really end it

Anon didn't refer to Love Live itself but to µ's specifically. Everyone involved into the Love Live/µ's production agreed to put µ's on an infinite hiatus and therefore making room for a new generation of Love Live Idols.
>>
>>150294817
I hope they keep introducing new groups in intervals of 5 years if they keep selling well. Aqours is making less than peak µ's, obviously, but they are still making way more than early µ's did and they decided to stick with them for 3 years, so surely as long as they see profit, the franchise can continue. I'm a Love Live fan before I am a µ's or Aqours fan, so I want to see the franchise succeed. Wish more people thought the same.
>>
>>150292481
Which Manga are you exactly refering to? The older "Love Live - School Idol Project" or the newer "Love Live - School Idol Diary" that goes along with the anime?
>>
Love Live is the best gay anime.
>>
>>150290145
They completed their main goal of saving the school and agreed to break up after the 3rd years graduated.

In reality I am sure Sunrise was preparing to push Sunshine and needed to end them.
>>
>>150290145
They were still a thing in sunshine, and with merchandise, so maybe they didn' t really end it.
>>
>>150298787
Post superior Aqours
>>
I like Aqours better

And besides, are the people who prefer Rin, Kotori or Pana over any Aqours?
>>
>>150294897
i like love live as well, but you can't really fault fans of a waifu franchise for battling over which waifu is best
>>
>>150300134
>And besides, are the people who prefer Rin, Kotori or Pana over any Aqours?
Bird is easily one of the most popular Raibus, what the fuck are you smoking?

And yes, Rin is my favourite.

I like Aquors but I feel like I'll need more time to warm up to them to the same level as muse.
>>
File: 1473033982027.jpg (402KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1473033982027.jpg
402KB, 1280x738px
>>150300134
Or Maki, or Nico, or any of them really. µ's was just a prototype for the superior Aqours.
>>
>>150294633
http://wowjapan.asia/2015/12/seiyuu-love-lives-%CE%BCs-break-contract-expires-april/

also see:
>>150268758
>>150281304
>>
>>150290145
How was the ending not clear? They did their final song and they broke up. The schools they inspired including their own will be working harder for love live now which is what they wanted.

10 years from now honk will probably regret breaking the group up though when she sees how rich arise has become. They warned her to not break the group up.
>>
>>150301660
if there's anything that we know is consistent about honoka, it's that she lives completely in the moment and tries really hard not to regret things. the decision to end the group was made collectively and they all agreed to it, so reneging on that would be kind of petty and miss the whole point of why they did what they did. "Kagirareta jikan no naka de sei-ippai kagayakou to suru school idol ga suki" -- "I like school idols who try their best to shine during the time they have allotted to them". It's the romanticism of playing pop group during their otherwise carefree high school life that attracted Honoka, but over time it became many things to many people, including a surrogate family unit and an idealization of young success.

She never really intended to be a pop star as an adult. She wanted to help their school and thought that was the most surefire way to do it. It became about the people she was with rather than the group of nine being µ's. That memory could only last as long as they were in the same school.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.