[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghost in the Shell 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Alright so at this point I have very little hope for this movie, I have this sickening feeling it will not stay true to the source material in the least. I am almost anticipating it being as bad as, god forbid, DBZ evolution.

Is there anyone out there that still has hope that this could be a halfway decent adaptation? If so please convince me.
>>
>>150280123
>movie
>from anime
>having hope for it ever
The general masses had more hope of CG R3 before today than having hope that a good adaptation would come out.
>>
I hope it fail as bad as possible and lose hollywood as much as possible so anime wouldn't become capeshit 2.0

I am under no delusion that this movie would fail though, because this series will succeed.

Weaboo are animals that are easily pandered and satisfied when they are given validation by other normalfag.
>>
Dreamworks is involved, that is the sole reason I give a margin's chance.
>>
>>150280177
Can't say I disagree with you. In fact I consider myself adamantly against anime adaptations.

>>150280271
>anime becoming capeshit 2.0 please god no
>>
>>150280123
Live-action movies based on anime are never good. Except maybe Death Note.
Even if they were made in Japan, they're still never good. The things that are possible in anime just don't translate well into live-action.
>>
>>150280276
A yes, the studio that has made such masterpieces over the last few years.

>Turbo
Do I need to jog your memory any more or will that do?
>>
>>150280368
I feel like the world of ghost in the shell would have actually translated really well into a live action movie. I was even a bit excited when they showed some of the practical effects, however the more of the movie I see (mainly the god awful dialog) I get the feeling that the people on board don't understand the narrative or how to present it.
>>
File: 1479685558951.png (144KB, 537x465px) Image search: [Google]
1479685558951.png
144KB, 537x465px
>>150280123
>as bad or worse than DBZ Evolution
Nothing will be shittier than DBZ Evolution
that said it won't be better than the original, though it might supplement
>>
>>150280568
Don't jinx it anon
>>
>>150280549
>I get the feeling that the people on board don't understand the narrative or how to present it.
Its less being unable to understand it /knowing how to present it and more the fact that nowadays American films make much of their profit overseas (Especially the Chinese market). Complex themes often don't translate well into chink, and even if they did, they'd just be censored out. Generic gunfights and Explosions on the other hand are not only a universal language but also less likely to cause your film to be censored to pieces. GitS would have been doable 15-20 years ago, but nowadays the studios care more about ticket sales in china than they do about actually creating a good movie.
>>
>Jamie Moss
worked on fuck all
>Jonathan Herman
Straight outta Compton
>Rupert Sanders
Show White and the Huntsman

we are fucked
>>
i dont care if it isnt "true" to the source material as long as its a good movie
>>
File: 1476442746808.jpg (91KB, 736x991px) Image search: [Google]
1476442746808.jpg
91KB, 736x991px
>>150280851
I don't know what to blame in this situation, the poor tastes of chinamen, or the shekel loving American corporations who rape a franchise for a new gold plated toilet seat cover
>>
It'll be better than innocence
>>
File: 250px-124Jynx.png (60KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-124Jynx.png
60KB, 250x250px
>>150281189
PLEASE DON'T JINX IT ANON
>>
>>150280368
Rurouni Kenshin was good.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.