[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so what the fuck was that ? I held watching this for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: code-geass1-700x550.jpg (195KB, 700x550px) Image search: [Google]
code-geass1-700x550.jpg
195KB, 700x550px
Ok so what the fuck was that ?

I held watching this for the longest time, but with the R3 announcement I figured why the hell not, might as well as get caught up on Geass related material as much as possible.

What were they thinking ? That plot is just a clusterfuck, regular Geass feels tame in comparison, it's a real shame since the production values were so high and some of the characters had lots of potential.

Actually that's how I feel about the whole thing - huge missed opportunity to develop some parts of the lore they couldn't touch in the series, such as what was going on in the rest of the world, and the Geass witches.

Is this considered canon ?
>>
>>150271832
>Is this considered canon ?
Yes
>>
>>150271832
Didn't you hear about all of the delays?
They obviously had problems.
>>
>>150271832
>>>150271832
>That plot is just a clusterfuck, regular Geass feels tame in comparison,
Why is it so had to take any criticism on Akito here seriously?
>>
>>150272575
Hilariously enough people seem to think Lelouch Geassing Jupiter made perfect whne everything in Akito was fairly straight forward. In short people are fucking stupid.
>>
>>150272316
No when it got released I was having a break from anime I went in pretty much blind, but you got me interested.

What kind of problems ? Although you can tell watching the final product something obviously went very wrong, it had a nice premice but everything fell apart really fast.

>>150272575
It's just how I feel after finishing watching it a few hours ago, it definitely felt like a clusterfuck to me, maybe on par with R2. R1 remains the best of Geass in my opinion.

Didn't feel like much actually made sense in Akito, like the blue Geass stuff or why Akito was seemingly immune to it ? And don't get me started with the interdimensional stuff, it was Interstellar levels of bad.

Awesome eye candy though, kinda wish the regular series would get that kind of budget.
>>
>>150272796
>like the blue Geass
I'm hearing on /m/ that Lelouch's Geass is blue in the new trailer
>>
>>150272980
Sounds like they intend to tie the new series to Akito then, I guess having some of the characters return was a dead give away.

Maybe we'll get more hindsight on some of the obscure stuff they introduced in Akito then.

Not sure how they are gonna handle it though, lots of stuff in it feels like it was put in just for shock value, I wonder if they were already planning for R3 back then.
>>
>>150272796
>like the blue Geass stuff
Leila's Geass is not a weapon like Lelouch's. She wanted friends and foes alike to understand each other, so she shared the feelings of everybody without resorting to words, reaching a point to stop the battle. Furthermore if a lot minds link up a new observer is born and a new space-time might be created. This was shown in the control room scene ''time rewind''.
>why Akito was seemingly immune to it
She never used her geass on him if you mean his brother it was because when Shin cast on him Akito was only a child and didn't understand the concept of death so it didn't have an effect on him.
>And don't get me started with the interdimensional stuff,
The time/space administrator wanted to test humanity and Leila impressed her since she was the only human to use her Geass for good hence why she saved her and betrayed Smilas by transporting Ashley to kill him.

Really this is no more hard to follow than the shit in R2
>>
>>150271832
On the contrary, the plot of Akito is almost too simple for a Code Geass story.

The most complicated part is the intervention of a deity, but that is not unusual for this type of story either.

They did develop some extra lore, but if you're not capable of appreciating that then so be it.
>>
>>150275760
People don't care if Lelouch isn't the focus
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.